Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
TLC will soon bring the hit show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So are there any goon traits we can pitch to TLC for reality show.

Get some E/N super stars to pural marriage some FYAD super stars and see what happens?

Of course Atrax will be the guest star

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

max4me posted:

So are there any goon traits we can pitch to TLC for reality show.

Get some E/N super stars to pural marriage some FYAD super stars and see what happens?

Of course Atrax will be the guest star

Geek Love (Comic-con Speed Dating)

https://youtu.be/sQ5iwGApwLM

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I saw a commercial that had a clip of her slowly doing the splits on a ski slope and screaming because the skis were pulling away from each other and she couldn't bring them back together and LOL

I've seen that clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaeRM7X_yS4&t=49s

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Top City Homo posted:

TLC will soon bring the hit show

You mean that new show I Am Jazz?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Nice :golfclap:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Captain von Trapp posted:

Standard thread disclaimer that I really have no business having seen enough TLC to know this, but she wasn't overweight until college.

Fair enough. Not sure how you can manage to let yourself go that bad without some major personal issues that probably require professional help. That's damned impressive.

I'm a giant fatass working against a lifetime of ingrained habits and loving thankfully I've finally found myself in a place where I'm making actual dietary changes and getting regular exercise. poo poo is like pulling teeth.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I wonder what her farts smell like

I don't know about her farts.

But I heard when she sweats, corn oil comes out.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol:

:vince:

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm legitimately not trying to fat shame or anything like that, but who the gently caress would be ok with living like this?!? :psyduck:

I saw a news story about her a year or so before she got her show. She is one of those rare cases where she had a medical condition that actually did cause her weight gain. I gave her a pass based on that. Then my wife put the show on a year ago for freak factor. The episode was about her needing to stop drinking sweet tea all the time and how she chowed down on Olive Garden like mad. Then she finds out she is pre-diabetic but is a whiny bitch about all the changes she has to make. So don't feel bad about fat shaming her. She apparently gave up on herself and isn't even trying.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

WhyteRyce posted:

idgi

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
cuck dynasty

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:chanpop:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol hamplanet

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GI_Clutch posted:

I saw a news story about her a year or so before she got her show. She is one of those rare cases where she had a medical condition that actually did cause her weight gain. I gave her a pass based on that. Then my wife put the show on a year ago for freak factor. The episode was about her needing to stop drinking sweet tea all the time and how she chowed down on Olive Garden like mad. Then she finds out she is pre-diabetic but is a whiny bitch about all the changes she has to make. So don't feel bad about fat shaming her. She apparently gave up on herself and isn't even trying.

Yeah, apparently she has PCOS, which can cause some weight gain, but... this is something else. Jesus.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
eat........ FRESH

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, apparently she has PCOS, which can cause some weight gain, but... this is something else. Jesus.

She gained an insane amount of weight in college.

PCOS makes it really hard to lose weight even if a person is taking things seriously, so if they're not taking things seriously i can definitely see things spiraling out of control. The more she weighs, the worse the PCOS gets, which makes it even harder to get the weight under control.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It is absolutely possible to keep PCOS under control, and the PCOS only accounts for a weight gain of 10-15 pounds if all else is kept in check. There's a lovely belief surrounding it that PCOS makes it impossible to lose weight, so women who get diagnosed with it tend to just give the gently caress up and fall into lovely habits and don't bother exercising, which further compounds the symptoms and makes it worse. For some reason, when someone is diabetic the first line of defense is exercise, exercise, exercise, but with PCOS it's "whelp, pass the ranch"

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
rename thread TLC dumpster fire spectator group chat

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Even people who are deliberately trying to gain weight aren't getting close to gaining 230lbs like she did in college. Its not normal, and its not purely out of laziness because I've known plenty of lazy fuckers with horrible diets in college and they didn't balloon up 230lbs. Its probably a combination of many things, both horrible lifestyle choices on her part and PCOS, depression, and other stuff. Steroid medications and certain anti-psychotics will also make you blimp out pretty quick; one of my cousin's in laws got diagnosed with schizophrenia as a teen and a combination of the drugs they gave her, PCOS, and depression had her rapidly gaining weight in her early twenties. She's also pre-diabetic and suffers herniated discs as well. For someone like that, trying to convince them to give up/restrict/change the only source of comfort and control they have in their life is a tall order, since all the change has to come from them for it to really matter enough in the long run.

TLC should've given Thore a gastric bypass instead of a TV show.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Panfilo posted:

Preach

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Inside Out Mom posted:

This is good.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Inside Out Mom posted:

Mods, please.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Whitney Thore vs the entire Roloff family
Octomom+Brood vs Kate+8

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Since there's kind of a crossover between this thread and the near-defunct Jared Fogle one, I'll post this here because everyone needs to see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prb1Uzewv1E

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Even people who are deliberately trying to gain weight aren't getting close to gaining 230lbs like she did in college. Its not normal, and its not purely out of laziness because I've known plenty of lazy fuckers with horrible diets in college and they didn't balloon up 230lbs. Its probably a combination of many things, both horrible lifestyle choices on her part and PCOS, depression, and other stuff. Steroid medications and certain anti-psychotics will also make you blimp out pretty quick; one of my cousin's in laws got diagnosed with schizophrenia as a teen and a combination of the drugs they gave her, PCOS, and depression had her rapidly gaining weight in her early twenties. She's also pre-diabetic and suffers herniated discs as well. For someone like that, trying to convince them to give up/restrict/change the only source of comfort and control they have in their life is a tall order, since all the change has to come from them for it to really matter enough in the long run.

Yeah, when I started on psych meds, I was already about 350 lbs (still walked around fine for at least several miles at a time and lifted weights and poo poo but was a sloppy fat motherfucker) but in a year and a half I got to about 420 and I've been there since. It certainly contributed to my weight gain that I was suicidally depressed at the time and that I was an alcoholic and I moved home away from the college town I had been in to a suburb with nothing to walk to within 20+ miles.

I'm not on those particular meds any longer and recently I've started up with a fitness coach, doing my exercises during the week and slowly changing my diet. In the last month and a half I've gone from being winded cleaning my room/making my bed (please do laugh, it is loving funny) to managing to pound out a 19 min mile with my dog. Mind you, I kinda wanted to puke after that, but it felt p good. Gonna chill and focus on taking ~30 min walks and doing the exercises my cruel dominatrix demands I do between our weekly sessions. I'd go more often, but I'm on a fixed income so once a week is already a major budget issue.

It took me about five additional years of finding the right meds and making progress in therapy so I could even attempt to do this poo poo now. Broken brains loving suck. At least I actively like myself these days. :unsmith:

E: What I'm saying is, gaining 230 lbs in college is some Olympic champion poo poo.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 9, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yeah, when I started on psych meds, I was already about 350 lbs (still walked around fine for at least several miles at a time and lifted weights and poo poo but was a sloppy fat motherfucker) but in a year and a half I got to about 420 and I've been there since. It certainly contributed to my weight gain that I was suicidally depressed at the time and that I was an alcoholic and I moved home away from the college town I had been in to a suburb with nothing to walk to within 20+ miles.

I'm not on those particular meds any longer and recently I've started up with a fitness coach, doing my exercises during the week and slowly changing my diet. In the last month and a half I've gone from being winded cleaning my room/making my bed (please do laugh, it is loving funny) to managing to pound out a 19 min mile with my dog. Mind you, I kinda wanted to puke after that, but it felt p good. Gonna chill and focus on taking ~30 min walks and doing the exercises my cruel dominatrix demands I do between our weekly sessions. I'd go more often, but I'm on a fixed income so once a week is already a major budget issue.

It took me about five additional years of finding the right meds and making progress in therapy so I could even attempt to do this poo poo now. Broken brains loving suck. At least I actively like myself these days. :unsmith:

E: What I'm saying is, gaining 230 lbs in college is some Olympic champion poo poo.

If you are serious posting, keep at it man!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Panfilo posted:

Give her a couple of years and she can be on My 600lb Life. Everybody wins!

And yeah, I agree that PCOS loving sucks and really can mess with your weight. I have a hormonal issue myself which can cause weight to pile on. Most people quickly learn that they need to focus so much more on their diet and can't be lazy about exercise. However, this woman definitely has a big ole dose of sadbrains underneath her 'happy fat girl' exterior.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

It's a show about a 13 year old trans girl.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Captain Yossarian posted:

If you are serious posting, keep at it man!

Yeah. Thanks. I even found a trainer that I like hanging out with, so going to the gym is something I look forward to!

I need to do some ink drawings of the Duggars. I've been meaning to do that for several months.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Keep at it.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

I saw a commercial that had a clip of her slowly doing the splits on a ski slope and screaming because the skis were pulling away from each other and she couldn't bring them back together and LOL

lol that fat girl didn't know about pizza/french fries

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Josh Duggar, Brock Turner, and Jared from Subway are in a room.

Which one will Josh molest first?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

happyhippy posted:

His sisters :(

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Inside Out Mom posted:

Mods please

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

happyhippy posted:

The first one who falls asleep.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Don't let the Jim hit you in the Bob on the way out!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Kinetica posted:

Mods please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:smith:

• Locked thread