Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

objectionable to us for any reason

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sabreseven posted:

LOL at the Gary Oldman 'mid-poo poo' screen shot at the top of the article. :haw:

He's working hard on 2.4

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Rhubarb94 posted:

Maybe he's already been told that the customer labels are his fault and problem, when Sandi ordered him to do it she was clearly just joking.

Who knows what has happened? I'm just going to enjoy Ray giving us a clue to how bad things are internally as long as it lasts.

I particularly enjoyed him comparing 2.4 to it pissing down with rain outside.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Pgabz if you need to lay low for a bit you can use my YouTube channel to upload videos.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Reviews and parody aren't protected forms of speech, but removing watermarks is fair use!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

Like others have said, they will probably selectively enforce it. Since pgabz is a RSI customer, well.

I don't really see anything. UGC has to do with modding, and the TOS explicitly talks about permitting video use. They would not be so idiotic as to ban a player for making parody videos on youtube for two reasons.

1. They cannot remove the videos really (well, they can try, and fail), only the players' access to the game.
2. There would be a media slaughter.

Lastly, that section is old stuff. Was in the previous TOS too.

Pgaz you are fine. <3

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dante80 posted:

It is pretty standard stuff really. If CIG denied advertising, then that would be novel. You can monetize your content via that avenue, or via donations.

I can totally see how the next KING OF ESPORTS will grow tremendously in size by denying anyone from making money by supporting their product.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lime Tonics posted:

Like others have said, they will probably selectively enforce it. Since pgabz is a RSI customer, well.

It's not red though? Which means it was in the previous ToS also?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

:wow: :pgabz:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

It's not red though? Which means it was in the previous ToS also?

Yeah, it's probably nothing to worry about then. Pgabz is safe.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

I followed this link earlier, but now get a 'Database Error'. In fact, I can't connect to the website at all now. Is there a DDOS attack in progress?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Ponzi posted:

I followed this link earlier, but now get a 'Database Error'. In fact, I can't connect to the website at all now. Is there a DDOS attack in progress?

The weight of a thousand whales, crushing the band with their terrible width.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

If they actually started to go after utoobrs/streamers, would that be the event that finally makes the VG journos take notice? Not only would people see CIG as the bad oppressor, they would also see the video evidence of the games buggy glitchy state.

A man can dream... a man can dream.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

:golfclap:

ps: You need to delete a part of the left outer circle, as per the CIG subscriber plaque.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Downloaded alpha 2.4, drank excess rum, had a good vomit. Will this patch brick my PC?

Better do another couple heaves to be sure it's gone from your system

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Slow_Moe posted:

If they actually started to go after utoobrs/streamers, would that be the event that finally makes the VG journos take notice? Not only would people see CIG as the bad oppressor, they would also see the video evidence of the games buggy glitchy state.

A man can dream... a man can dream.

If they use the new "We can terminate your account at any time for any reason" thing to silence PGabz it'll be a total shitshow.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

This reminds me why that UCG clause is a good thing.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

TTerrible posted:

If they use the new "We can terminate your account at any time for any reason" thing to silence PGabz it'll be a total shitshow.

It will be a hillarious shitshow. They would be broadcasting to the whole world that they're afraid of dancing cattes and David Bowie covers.

:pgabz:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Conveniently ignoring the guy who was $40k in that was labelled a snowflake and high maintenance.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I wish he'd experience his namesake.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dante80 posted:

I don't really see anything. UGC has to do with modding, and the TOS explicitly talks about permitting video use. They would not be so idiotic as to ban a player for making parody videos on youtube for two reasons.

1. They cannot remove the videos really (well, they can try, and fail), only the players' access to the game.
2. There would be a media slaughter.

Lastly, that section is old stuff. Was in the previous TOS too.

Pgaz you are fine. <3

Yes.

Pgabz, keep doing what you are doing.

But if they get you, I am not liable for this advice until I am dead. Fair?

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 11, 2016

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

None of those people are T-posing...

Refactor please.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

TTerrible posted:

The biggest bug they patched in 2.4 was the ability for people to get their money back.

:golfclap:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm at work waiting for something to happen, reading my phone and letting out a giggle occasionally. Workmates ask what I'm reading and all I can say is 'some dumb internet poo poo'.

How the gently caress do you explain this? Where do you start? I feel i could get as far as 'people have paid 15,000 for a game that isn't released yet' before they think I'm bullshitting them.

I think I feel grief. Its like I've heard the best joke in the world but can't tell anyone.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

el dingo posted:

I'm at work waiting for something to happen, reading my phone and letting out a giggle occasionally. Workmates ask what I'm reading and all I can say is 'some dumb internet poo poo'.

How the gently caress do you explain this? Where do you start? I feel i could get as far as 'people have paid 15,000 for a game that isn't released yet' before they think I'm bullshitting them.

I think I feel grief. Its like I've heard the best joke in the world but can't tell anyone.

Tell them you're watching the greatest, most spectacular, videogame company trainwreck in the history of the world.

In slow motion.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

el dingo posted:

"So, you guys know about bitcoin?"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"So, you guys know about bitcoin?"

"Ok, what if Amway was a videogame company..."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"What would happen if people gave Claude Vorilhon 115 million dollars?"

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

It's eerie isn't it? Ironic almost.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dante80 posted:

Oh noes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
I - for one - think that the new ToS is pretty solid. It really shouldn't affect most people. Nice discussions so far - pretty interesting.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ponzi posted:

One of my hobbies is flying RC helicopters, and when I was learning about how heli's work, I came across the description for the device called a 'swash plate'. It's used to translate the (relatively) stationary control inputs to the rapidly spinning rotor blades/rotor head, by adjusting the rotor pitch/rotor head angle, which is what makes a helicopter go up/down/forward/back/crab.

Bearing in mind that you can't use wires or linkages because they'd get snapped of as soon as the rotor head starts spinning, it's a pure genius solution IMO.

Swashplate controls feathering (the angle of attack of the blade).
The see-saw motion i've been (inaptly) describing and the mast bumping issue are related to flapping (the angle of the whole rotor disc in relation to the mast).

Feathering is what controls the flapping, but flapping does not only occur due to feathering.
It goes something like this:
1) pilot moves the cyclic stick forward
2) this is mixed into the appropriate swashplate motion
3) swashplate causes the blades to feather as they sweep through the air, i.e. as they describe the rotor disc, their angle of attack goes up and down
4) this, in turn, *tilts* the whole rotor disc forward <- this is what flapping is (or rather, flapping makes it possible for the rotor disc to tilt)

But yeah, swashplates are cool, yo.

PS: on RC helicopters, which are inherently a lot more unstable than full size helicopters (or larger RC helis), the reaction time between 3 and 4 above is very very short. The natural frequency of the system is very high. This is what makes them hard to control, and why flybars were invented. In the latter years, everyone switched to flybarless mainly because advances in electronics (6-axis IMUs, fast enough and cheap enough microcontrollers) made it possible to add a software layer of stabilization, replacing what the flybar did mechanically and aerodynamically.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I - for one - think that the new ToS is pretty solid. It really shouldn't affect most people. Nice discussions so far - pretty interesting.

The trolling begins.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're right, it won't affect most people, it will affect all of them.

You loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

The pivot into trolling the thread by saying the most outrageous thing we want to hear is a bold new strategy that seems to be working.

• Locked thread