Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
No love for jawa squads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Just got my droid callers. Should I G9 daka, qgj or rg? Running all three on my arena team.

Edit - gave it to QGJ since he's the squishiest and useful in GW and raid as well.

Dooku G8 - furnace
Rey G9 - Nubian design tech
QGJ G9 - Nubian security scanner
Daka G8 - Droid caller
RG G8 - Droid caller

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 10, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

I have actually seen NSI in top 100 teams in my shard. She's really tanky, deals good damage, good lifesteal, too slow to really matter. Probably good in gw but you're obviously not having any trouble there.

I've seen her too and it always kind of baffles me. You can build a whole team out of GW shard characters that are better than NSI.

I'm gonna second the shard shop recommendation. Might as well turn your GW bux into something you can spend on people you might actually use.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

I've seen her too and it always kind of baffles me. You can build a whole team out of GW shard characters that are better than NSI.

I'm gonna second the shard shop recommendation. Might as well turn your GW bux into something you can spend on people you might actually use.

All this said, I think that when we move to the next set of stages (level 9 hard), having a strong NS squad is probably a good idea. Talia or Asajj led Daka, NI, NA is actually pretty good, from what I've heard. We'll also probably get Mother Talzin at some point...she played a HUGE role in the clone wars (especially compared to Talia and Daka), and they've pulled more characters from that show than anywhere else. So probably just get NI and leave NA out of it. Having a synergistic squad that includes two healers and a self-healer is pretty good for 3* missions.

Also Talia's level 7 leader is pretty awesome: +16% evade to NS, half to others, 50% chance to heal 5% max hp on evade.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 10, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

No love for jawa squads?

I'd build a Jawa squad. Given their past history, I think it is likely that they will end up making events that need squads of all the various factions/sub groups, so making sure you have at least 2 or 3 of every kind of dude seems like a good idea to me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm glad that we have a break from level cap increases so thatI can stockpile some credits up. Hopefully this lasts for a bit so I can start building up more squads.

Also I have to say I really like my Dookie, RG, Rey, QGJ, Daka arena squad. I'm pretty much able to auto mode and stay in the top 20 on my shard.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Dunno how you can stockpile credits when 7* promotions cost a million. I'm almost through my backlog and haven't been able to level anyone for a while.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Dunno how you can stockpile credits when 7* promotions cost a million. I'm almost through my backlog and haven't been able to level anyone for a while.

I've only been promoting people who I plan on trying to level. It makes it easier to slow through the credit burn.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just got my first character to gear 11 - QGJ. At level 80 7* he has a bit over 30k combined health/protection and 240% potency. Every gear slot at this point is a placeholder, so he's done until the next level cap.

I'm also happy that we're having this lull, since I've had a bunch of characters hit 7* and I'm also trying to push my important non-arena ones from 70 where they were stalled before the last level cap increase.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

cowofwar posted:

Exactly this, I already have 4 characters who are unlocked only and sitting at max shards, with 2 more nearly there, no money to level or promote them. I figure it will take at least 3 months without a level increase to get my whole roster flushed out, something like 80-90 million credits.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Just took teebo to 80 and am out of credits again :(

At least i have 16 max or near max 7*.

I hope they release non-level content next. I don't want to grind again for a while.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 10, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

I hope they release non-level content next. I don't want to grind again for a while.

I really hope so. That combined with an improvement to GW credit rewards would be really nice.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If they could release a raid that isn't massively loving annoying to actually run then that would be cool.

I'm just hoping for ship battles next, really. If we get another level increase before we get ship battles then I'll probably just stop playing.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I am pretty sure that is a given, I'm expecting lvl cap increase in a month, month and a half tops.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Found a good write-up for T7 raids:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4nh3pt/tier_7_raid_strategy_for_maximum_damage/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never mentioned this because I'm not sure if it's a bug, but Old Bens debuff attack can reduce TM on the Rancor when the door is down on him.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46294/community-update-6-10-2016#latest

Leia won't be chromium exclusive soon, get your rebel teams ready.

Other cool poo poo:

quote:

Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete.

Raid rosters will now refresh every 24 hours from when the Raid was launched (as opposed to refreshing on the Guild creator’s time zone)

Tagichatn fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 11, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Damnit, Leia going to Arena is nice but Arena has way too many good characters compared with GW. And GW is the easier farm. Ahhhh!! I wish GW would get a useful character instead of Cad Bane :mad:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah, also I have to farm drat AA from the Arena first already, making me have to farm Leia there too is going to be a crunch :saddowns:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
It's better than cantina shipments at least :shrug:

Edit: also now newbies can start with her rather than sid

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'll even shut up about buying Greedo being a good idea (still an awesome idea)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Woohoo, just finished 7* for STH and AA...although neither are level 80 and I haven't paid for that 7th yet...so...probably need 6 million between them. Oh well, at least they're G7/G8, level 70 and 74, so, most of the way there.

For now, I'm looking at AA, STH, Leia, Rey, QGJ. It's also possible that Phasma will just be better than AA as leader, and then maybe RG is better than STH. So then it would just be Leia for Daka, which is cool too. Leia teams scare the hell out of me right now, especially when she's got like 15k + protection.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

I'll even shut up about buying Greedo being a good idea (still an awesome idea)

I am allies with a goon that has a pretty geared up Greedo and I ALWAYS TAKE HIM when i get the chance.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

I am allies with a goon that has a pretty geared up Greedo and I ALWAYS TAKE HIM when i get the chance.

Same. That goons Greedo is awesome. I'm almost done getting my own Greedo to 7*. Gonna swap to Leia once he is.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Jedi Knight Anakin is getting a revision next, apperently. Knowing CG they are more likely than not going to make him as sickeningly OP as RG :getin:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Jedi Knight Anakin is getting a revision next, apperently. Knowing CG they are more likely than not going to make him as sickeningly OP as RG :getin:

When will Ugnaught have his day.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Actually I was wondering are there any particular leaders people would like for the times we can borrow. I mean things like missions and challenges and such? Also how do I insure you get the right leader? I imagine most of us have all the major leaders, but it could help up and coming people by letting them do stuff like not farm dakka early.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What are your rancor squads?
Phasma + DPS
QGJ, old ben, lum, ahsoka, yoda
Teebo + ewoks
Dooku + random
Chewbacca + random

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Looks like they're adding Dengar to the Battlefront game, and A couple of days ago I saw a new Lego set with him. Why? Is he the star of the next movie or something?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

xyigx posted:

Actually I was wondering are there any particular leaders people would like for the times we can borrow. I mean things like missions and challenges and such? Also how do I insure you get the right leader? I imagine most of us have all the major leaders, but it could help up and coming people by letting them do stuff like not farm dakka early.

Mal said in guild chat that it's your last used leader, period. So I guess, after you're done with arena, do your 3x challenge with the leader you want to donate, or maybe GW?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Nobody knows for sure and the devs are not telling, for whatever reason.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

Mal said in guild chat that it's your last used leader, period. So I guess, after you're done with arena, do your 3x challenge with the leader you want to donate, or maybe GW?

Noo, sorry. The last leader you used, period, shows your leader in your icon, so like if someone clicks on your profile. It saves a different leader for Cantina, Challenges, Light Side, and Dark Side missions.

e: Also, important note, if you used Dooku, Sidious, Daka, Phasma, and RG the last time you ran a mission, you won't see any of those as leader options in your next mission. So, if ALL of your friends run Dooku, Daka, or Phasma as leaders in Dark Side Hard missions, you won't be able to borrow those until you run a mission without those leaders.

Still can't 3* DS 7D hard. I want to farm Anakin now...

another edit: I take that back. Just beat it on the third attempt today.

I'm also clearing the rest of Cantina today, it's actually not too bad, I just hadn't bothered. Running Daka and Elder have given me easy 3*s in every mission. I'm running Barriss lead, and have been borrowing Lumi, but for this last mission (Anakin's) I'm running Dooku cause I ran out of Lumis.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 11, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oh good then maybe it's my (Yundoyando) max gear Greedo people are enjoying (just has the 15% crit omega). Damage is really good.

Antequek
May 30, 2014
I'm considering farming kylo ren and phasma after I finish Geonocian solider and Lumi.
How viable is a first order squad?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Antequek posted:

I'm considering farming kylo ren and phasma after I finish Geonocian solider and Lumi.
How viable is a first order squad?

Pretty meh. Phasma is an all-star...I'd probably farm Phasma then Teebo from GW. Once you have access to Cantina levels 6, definitely focus on Barriss, but until then, maybe do Old Ben? Some people are saying that Lando is pretty good, so you could also consider him. Chewie has some decent uses for raids, and Talia is good for a nightsister squad.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Disco De Soto posted:

Looks like they're adding Dengar to the Battlefront game, and A couple of days ago I saw a new Lego set with him. Why? Is he the star of the next movie or something?

Dengar, Bosk, and IG88 have all been fan favorite Boba Fett alternatives for a long time, even though they are in like two scenes with zero lines.

The Rogue One movie that's coming out is technically like perfect for the character to be in (it takes place during the time he was doing poo poo and I guess there's a bounty hunter aspect to the movie) but he seems like a weird person to bring back since he's the only "human" one and the others can just be CGId to look like they did in the original trilogy.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Dengar, Bosk, and IG88 have all been fan favorite Boba Fett alternatives for a long time, even though they are in like two scenes with zero lines.

The Rogue One movie that's coming out is technically like perfect for the character to be in (it takes place during the time he was doing poo poo and I guess there's a bounty hunter aspect to the movie) but he seems like a weird person to bring back since he's the only "human" one and the others can just be CGId to look like they did in the original trilogy.

Dengar, Bosk, and 88 all had roles in the Clone Wars show. I'm still wondering where the hell Hondo is. I doubt that the upcoming movie has much to do with who they are releasing. The most recent additions were Wedge, B2 Super Battle Droid, Han Solo, Gamorrean Guard, Echo, Sun Fac, and Jawa engineer, in no particular order. When you consider all those characters, does it really seem that strange that Dengar was just added? Oh yeah, and then there's another random scoundrel from the Clone Wars being added in the next patch.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

That random scoundrel is the assassin that released killer bugs to try to kill Padme in Attack of the Clones

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

That random scoundrel is the assassin that released killer bugs to try to kill Padme in Attack of the Clones

Running zam wessel should cause her character slot to be taken up by a random sub contractor. Technically she hired a droid to release the centipedes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

kaschei posted:

I have been trying to leave fives or dakka for people to borrow. Or really just any nonstandardized leader.