Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that jerk kept on keeping on without any consequences up until now. so yeah, it was about time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yo gently caress metal knight, gently caress him up genos.

I don't really think Metal Knight has much to do with the cyborg genos is hunting, but still gently caress him up genos.

e: you guys ever think about how silly it is that there are S Class heroes with the names "Metal Bat", "Drive Knight" and "Metal Knight"? The Hero Association is bad at many things, but naming things is not their strongest suit

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 11, 2016

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Moltrey posted:

yo gently caress metal knight, gently caress him up genos.

I don't really think Metal Knight has much to do with the cyborg genos is hunting, but still gently caress him up genos.

e: you guys ever think about how silly it is that there are S Class heroes with the names "Metal Bat", "Drive Knight" and "Metal Knight"? The Hero Association is bad at many things, but naming things is not their strongest suit

Remember how they talked about their naming policies early on? It's why saitama is named caped baldy, lol, they're terrible at naming heroes, just terrible.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm looking forward to the reveal that Blast was originally named Drive Bat before he told the Hero Association to cut that poo poo out.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Caped Crew-cut

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lamebot posted:

Caped Crew-cut Receding Hairline

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's been ages.

New Chapter.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

lmao at reclusamurai

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

hes basically a goon

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
There seem to be a lot of tribes with powerful kings around.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I read it pretty much right after waking up and for a minute I thought Reclusamurai had been stuck in an elevator or something for ten years before I realized what kinda person he was.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
the minor heroes try so hard, but they can never win

so who's going to chump forest king? i wonder if there's a special sale going on nearby

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Magic Trick Man is all kinds of :allears:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm guessing Ecolo G was originally Ecolo- jiji, where jiji means like "old man". A nice localization of the joke if so!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I G-lieve you're spot on with that guess.

I love all the A-Rank heroes. So many of them would be legit foes or protagonists on their own in a different type of story.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm guessing Ecolo G was originally Ecolo- jiji, where jiji means like "old man". A nice localization of the joke if so!

Reclusamurai is even better. At least I am fairly certain it used to be something else in Japanese.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
He's indeed Ecolojiji and Reclusamurai seems to be just basically Hikikomozamurai. Hikikomoshi? I don't know how this language works.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Hikikomori I assume.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
It's "hikikomo" and then the kanji for samurai, but I'm not aware of any possible "ri" reading for it

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Hikkokomurai

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

gnome7 posted:

Hikkokomurai

that doesn't work at all

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Serious Frolicking posted:

that doesn't work at all

Is joke, yes?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Serious Frolicking posted:

that doesn't work at all

Neither do hikikomoris.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
So someone asked me for examples of things that have been added in the manga I think actively detract from the story, and beyond "All of it fucks with the pacing" I think one example is the recent fight where Fubuki's crew gets mind-controlled. I think at best it's irrelevant and at worst it dilutes a bit of the conflict between Tatsumaki and Fubuki. Sure her crew is weaker than her and she kind of uses them as a crutch to avoid facing how much stronger her sister is, but Fubuki's crew is doing their best and wants to support her. The entire point is that Tatsumaki has had a lovely life and doesn't really trust others and it's holding her back. Throwing in a scene of Fubuki's crew actively being a detriment to her adds nothing to that conflict, and arguably takes away from it. It plays better as it is. Tsubaki forcing Fubuki to abandon her crew, them supporting her anyway, and a weakened Tsubaki being unable to oppose them. Nice, tight, well delivered. And it's not major, it's not like that entire thing is ruined or something, it's just that if a story does a good job with pacing and story beats the first time it's going to be harder to add things after the fact that improve it. And the longer the new stuff goes on the more likely it is to detract rather than add to what comes after.

Of course ONE updates about once every 6 months when he catches his image reflected off the glasses of a blind man while traveling by train through Nagano or some poo poo [As it should be, don't want him too distracted from MOB], they need to add *something* to keep from getting caught up in a year or two, so I'm not unsympathetic to their dilemma.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 28, 2016

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm just waiting for the Monster HQ bit to get Murata'd, really.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I really wanna see Murata Serious Table Flip

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I need to see Homeless Emperor and his God Murata'd or else why are we even here

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 28, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's like, the current redraw stuff might be bad, might not be, but my views are utterly blinded by the fact that we are right next to the stuff that's comparable to the Boros fight, i'm literally Milhouse crying because Itchy and Scratchy aren't at the Fireworks Factory yet.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

So someone asked me for examples of things that have been added in the manga I think actively detract from the story, and beyond "All of it fucks with the pacing" I think one example is the recent fight where Fubuki's crew gets mind-controlled. I think at best it's irrelevant and at worst it dilutes a bit of the conflict between Tatsumaki and Fubuki. Sure her crew is weaker than her and she kind of uses them as a crutch to avoid facing how much stronger her sister is, but Fubuki's crew is doing their best and wants to support her. The entire point is that Tatsumaki has had a lovely life and doesn't really trust others and it's holding her back. Throwing in a scene of Fubuki's crew actively being a detriment to her adds nothing to that conflict, and arguably takes away from it. It plays better as it is. Tsubaki forcing Fubuki to abandon her crew, them supporting her anyway, and a weakened Tsubaki being unable to oppose them. Nice, tight, well delivered. And it's not major, it's not like that entire thing is ruined or something, it's just that if a story does a good job with pacing and story beats the first time it's going to be harder to add things after the fact that improve it. And the longer the new stuff goes on the more likely it is to detract rather than add to what comes after.

Of course ONE updates about once every 6 months when he catches his image reflected off the glasses of a blind man while traveling by train through Nagano or some poo poo [As it should be, don't want him too distracted from MOB], they need to add *something* to keep from getting caught up in a year or two, so I'm not unsympathetic to their dilemma.

Eh, I feel it works out because the Blizzard Bunch need someone besides the strongest S-Rank (because lol Blast) to chump them without breaking a sweat to make them want to get stronger. And it also shows that Tatsumaku talking to Fubuki like she's literally a little kid is a consistent thing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Honestly, the recent material isn't really that bad, its just that it isn't progressing quickly enough to make the insanely long span between releases worth it, but honestly, I think anything that has been previously released would have felt a lot worse if we had to wait a month between releases

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I look forward to Murata's Psykos

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I am of the opinion that the ONE version is better than the murata ONE million times.
The only thing that murata's has going for it is that there is more of it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I am of the opinion that the ONE version is better than the murata ONE million times.
The only thing that murata's has going for it is that there is more of it.

As much as I love Murata's art, I prefer the original too.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
There's really nothing better in this series than a complicated routine by some try hard monster or hero juxtaposed with saitama's blank or mildly annoyed face.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I want to see some more of that beautiful man

That strong man

That powerful man

That noble man

That great man

K I N G

Sad thing is, people in the Murata thread might be thinking this kind of sentiment is a joke. "Haha look at King, he's a fake, he stole all of Saitama's credit and is only just good at videogames and looking scary. All these goons are just keeping up a running gag" But it's incredibly loving real and King really is the best.

God the Garou arc is so good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I legitimately cannot wait for Murata and the anime to show the most powerful attack, King's Ultimate Hellfire Wavemotion Cannon

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Xarbala posted:

Sad thing is, people in the Murata thread might be thinking this kind of sentiment is a joke. "Haha look at King, he's a fake, he stole all of Saitama's credit and is only just good at videogames and looking scary. All these goons are just keeping up a running gag" But it's incredibly loving real and King really is the best.

God the Garou arc is so good.

They really aren't dude

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

King is no Reigen, but you should still believe in him.

I believe in King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I believe in King almost as much as I believe in Anne from Management