Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"Chris, we're ready to release the next patch."

"How many lines long is the patch log"

"About 40"

"Wow nice good work"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

spacetoaster posted:

Ok. They are straight up lying to keep you from doing a chargeback.

I would take this email, and file a complaint with the city department that issued them their business license. In order to do business in most jurisdictions you have to sign a paper saying you aren't going to be doing shady stuff like lying to customers.

I'd laugh my butt off if CIG got their business license pulled by the city of los angeles (or wherever they are).

Actually this is a complaint for the district attorney.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Paramemetic posted:

This is the End, CIG Friend by The Airlocks

This is the end, CIG friend,
This is the end, my only game, the end
Of our elaborate dreams, the end
Of multicrew ship teams, the end
No game and no refunds, the end
I'll never look into your HUD, again

Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free
Desperately in need, of some, publishers
In a desperate 'verse

Lost in a Stimpire wilderness of pain
All the backers are insane, all the backers are insane
Waiting for procedural rain, yeah
There's danger on the edge of space
Ride the quantum drive, baby
Weird scenes inside the comms relay
Ride the q-drive west, baby
Ride the Drake, ride the Drake
To the bay, Santa Monica, baby
The Drake is long, seven months

Ride the Drake, he's old and his hull is cold
The west is the best, the west is the best
Get here, they'll code the rest
The news van is callin' us, the news van is callin' us
Roberts, where you takin' us?

The leaver awoke before dawn, he put his spacesuit on
He took a helmet from the Astro Market and
He walked on down the hall
He went into the cave where Disco Lando lived, and, then he
Paid a visit to Ben Lesnick, and then he
Walked on down the hall, and
And he came to an airlock, and he looked inside
Roberts? Yes son. I want to kill you.
Sandi, I want to, gently caress you

C'mon backers take a chance with us

And meet me at the back of the news van
Doin' a news show, yeah, on a news van
Doin' a news show, c'mon, yeah
Pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge
This is the end, CIG friend

This is the end, my only game, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never release to me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to fly
This is the end

Correcting my own bottomsnipe - bottomsnipe songs, 4 time thread champion, title unchallenged

Edit: ghostposting from 4125 I wonder if anything major shakes the world in the next 8 pages

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DogonCrook posted:

Actually this is a complaint for the district attorney.

Maybe, I don't know about that.

I do know what it's like to get a business license. And I know that most cities get pretty pissed if you violate the rules for having a license.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So far Star Citizen has given me the best value for my money over any other game in existence. For only $15 (once to change my AV, once to change SurfaceDetail's AV) I've gotten years of entertainment.

A+, would totally buy again.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Looks like Lesnick ate 'em, what was it?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

EightAce posted:

Has moma been on trying to defend the new CIG tos that says ' you can all get hosed we have your money ' ?

Nope - and I won't. Having fun outside at the moment, but I'll be on 2.4 live later for some spaceship fun

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Nemo2342 posted:

So far Star Citizen has given me the best value for my money over any other game in existence. For only $15 (once to change my AV, once to change SurfaceDetail's AV) I've gotten years of entertainment.

A+, would totally buy again.

:same:

One avatar for myself and one for b_of_info_redux.

Best ARG I've ever played.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm not a developer but I think it's to do with Cryengine not handling vehicles properly. Their workaround for this is that when you get into a vehicle they are actually transforming the player character into the shape of the vehicle. Unfortunately for them it seems the game engine is prone to getting confused about what shape the player character should currently be and that's why you see the human model doing it's best to contort into the shape of a ship.

It's more complex than that involving the mapping of bone structures and suchlike but that's basically what's happening.

The truth is that no one knows. No one.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nope - and I won't. Having fun outside at the moment, but I'll be on 2.4 live later for some spaceship fun

Yeah don't bet on that Moma...

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Unlikely.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Did you get the Horizons update or did you buy the lifetime pass? What do you think of the Engineers update?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

spacetoaster posted:

Maybe, I don't know about that.

I do know what it's like to get a business license. And I know that most cities get pretty pissed if you violate the rules for having a license.

Lol should have been more clear, not to press charges thats actually who you complain to in california

"Consumers who believe a retailer has violated the law can notify the consumer protection division of their local district attorney's office or by filing a complaint with the Attorney General's Office."

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

But in that show isn't the guy with an SA grenade on a secret giant as well

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

gl

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

heres the form

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

AP posted:

Ray is running a big risk tweeting like that, you've got to have some respect for him sticking to his guns like this. Sure he'll say he didn't mean anything by it but it's a dramatically critical change to his tweeting style, I have no clue what's going on there but he's obviously really unhappy with CIG at the moment.

I may have said it before, but I think it is probably the realisation that he, personally, has been in charge of a section of the company that has been straight up breaking the law in multiple ways. If he wasn't aware that doing what he was told would put him on the hook, then yeah I imagine he would be less than happy after he was so publicly enlightened.

Lime Tonics posted:

Derek on discord brought up a good point, they made a whole tos section, Xlll, a pgabz clause.

http://imgur.com/a/Ov1Tt

DO NOT NEGATIVE STREAM, OR RECORD OR ELSE!

Now that's hilarious.

edit : beaten, but still worth repeating.

115 million dollar company folks.

Pgabz, if they gently caress with your channel, consider using the copyright deadlock method outlined in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK8i6aMG9VM
it basically breaks the contentid system. Assuming they don't just outright stop you playing.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 11, 2016

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Be careful filling out the form or viewing it you'll agree to California's terms of service and will no longer be a sovereign citizen. I have a cert from moma's paralegal studies emporium i know these things.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sweet.

It's so easy to fill out online.

I'm assuming we can also file the same thing for Texas (austin office) and Manchester?

So each of us who wants a refund can fill out 3 complaints?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Pgabz, if they gently caress with your channel, consider using the copyright deadlock method outlined in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK8i6aMG9VM
it basically breaks the contentid system.

Everyone should be doing this already. :parrot:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

The biggest bug they patched in 2.4 was the ability for people to get their money back.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Sweet.

It's so easy to fill out online.

I'm assuming we can also file the same thing for Texas (austin office) and Manchester?

So each of us who wants a refund can fill out 3 complaints?

http://txoag.force.com/CPDOnlineForm

there's tx, but remember to read up on the tx ag website what your rights are. They are different in each state so adjust the complaint accordingly.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

Fun.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Terebus posted:

But in that show isn't the guy with an SA grenade on a secret giant as well

Right, a secret more powerful than CIG itself! :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

Yeah don't bet on that Moma...

Employees probably get the same type of computer that is used as the main testbed. Less bugs and poo poo on those.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I honestly wonder at this point if you did a survey of CIG employees/management what the percentages of "I'm just here to collect a paycheck.", "Everything fine here, we're making Roberts dream game!" and "We're scammers and I'm okay with that" would be. I mean, at least a good percentage management must fall into the last category at this point.

I also wonder about Crobberts himself. Is he still lost in a blissful haze of making his dream game? Does he even realize that things are no going anywhere near to plan? Or has his dream collapsed into a cynical desire to squeeze every last cent he can get from the whales before the company implodes?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I - for one - think that the new ToS is pretty solid. It really shouldn't affect most people. Nice discussions so far - pretty interesting.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Viscous Soda posted:

I also wonder about Crobberts himself. Is he still lost in a blissful haze of making his dream game? Does he even realize that things are no going anywhere near to plan? Or has his dream collapsed into a cynical desire to squeeze every last cent he can get from the whales before the company implodes?

I like to think Crobberts is like a naive child trying to make this game, that's why he jetted off to the UK and was/is trying to "fix" things there with SQ42.

He doesn't know what he's doing, he doesn't understand the problems, he doesn't know how to fix them, but he's drat well trying the bestest that he can! I think a lot of this stuff with the ToS change is Ortwin and Sandi, because they actually see the bottom line and read the writing on the wall. Chris I think is too up his own rear end to see that there's a fundamental problem with this whole project.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

What's the matter with your images?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

What's the matter with your images?

TOS'd :stonk:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

I - for one - think that the new ToS is pretty solid. It really shouldn't affect most people. Nice discussions so far - pretty interesting.

Now this is some good trolling. Laconic, elegant. So much potential in so few keystrokes, the essence of cost effectiveness. :tipshat:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ponzi posted:

Can someone check her posting history in the SC forum to see if there's anything that caused her to get a ban? If nothing can be found, then you may be onto something.

The question is, is CIG the kind of company that would create a bogus account run by employees/contractors with the agenda of quelling discontent? If you agree that that is likely, then you don't need a great leap of faith to imagine that a short probation helps that effort. It just serves the accounts purpose

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Wow things really are changing for the backers. 5 months ago on reddit I pointed out that you can't sign away your right to a refund in the EU and got downvoted and some insane replies about how CIG could totally break EU law. This time I made the exact same points, got a fair amount of upvotes and a "lawyer" saying the exact same thing.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Kavak posted:

Palisader, has your baby shown any negative effects from being exposed to Star Citizen in utero, like a tendency to waste money on toys that don't exist and scream angrily at people that tell him he's being scammed? Also :3::3::3:

no, though occasionally, when he's refusing to fall back asleep after a 2 am feeding, I'll tell him "come on little man, I'm so tired"

And in the dark, just barely louder than the white noise machine, I'll hear him whisper "I'm glad of it"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen is a generational project. One day when Chris eyesight starts failing he will pass the torch to Son of Chris and he shall carry with the development. One day we shall all gather in the Verse. Maybe the Singularity can sort out the code.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also, someone on the Elite Forums pointed out something

DEREK SMART TAKE NOTICE

The new TOS are now an agreement with RSI services, and not CIG. I think CIG was who you initially were buying ships from, but now your agreement is with a different company?

I am aware of that, as it's in my write-up from this morning. Which is probably where the person noticed it.

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos/

quote:

UPDATE 16/06/10: And it came to pass that the new June 2016 ToS has been released with the latest 2.4 "patch" going live.

Here is a handy comparison between the previous Feb 2015 v1.2 and this latest June 2016 version.

I am working on a blog; but the highlights and implications of this new ToS are:

• They can deliver anything (e.g. Minimum Viable Product as I wrote in this blog) they like, and it doesn't have to resemble anything promised and which you backed. Which means that everything you see here in the stretch goals - and which you backed - is now meaningless. Those concept ships which have yet to be modeled, let alone flight ready? They don't have to create them
  • They are under no obligation to deliver anything - like ever
  • You are not entitled to refunds - for any reason - like ever
  • They can ban your account - for any reason - delete it, and not refund you
  • If you buy an account and they find out, they can terminate the account and not refund you. This is essentially to kill the Grey market (Star Citizen trades has now been removed from the Reddit subs), prevent people from buying accounts and/or holding CIG accountable etc
  • The disparaging CS tagging (1, 2) that occurred just this week, gives rise to how they were seeking to identify backers outside of their website/services, in order to identify their accounts and terminate them - without cause (other than because you were a dissenter)
  • They no longer owe backers any financial accountability for where the money went. This was one of the key points they used as a carrot during this funding. That, and the ability to do refunds. Both have now been removed.
  • There is no release date for anything. The 18 month (which was previous 12 months in prior ToS revisions) time frame to deliver following the original Nov 2014 date, has been removed
  • The new ToS is an agreement with RSI and not CIG as before. Considering they have a bunch of corporated entities associated with this, the implication of this change it not yet clear to me
  • They say you agree not to sue them - like ever

In the meantime, if you ever want legal recourse, do NOT download the 2.4 patch and do NOT do ANYTHING on their site and/or services in which you are required to agree to this new ToS.

TO BE CLEAR: This new ToS only applies to i) new backers from this date forward ii) existing backers who access the website, use their services, download/play the game etc and who in doing so, agree to this new ToS.

Since July 2015, I have been making a lot of noise about the ToS (which they have changed many times to suit their actions) and the fact that RSI/CIG are required to provide refunds and financial accountability to backers for failure to deliver the promised game, 18 months from the expiration Feb 2015 ToS v1.2. Those two clauses triggered on May 31st, 2016. And instead of abiding by them, they decided to create a new ToS which not only removes those clauses, but it also strips even more rights from backers who have thus far given them $115 million. A lot of Shitizens said I was wrong about the ToS interpretation, that I didn't understand it, blah, blah, blah. Yet, with the latest 2.4 patch disaster hurriedly pushed to live (conveniently ahead of E3 which they recently backed out of attending), they have done precisely as I said and expected that they would.

This is CIG. There's always more; and it's always worse

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Check out my thread making fun of this lovely 'game' lol.
Wonder if the video will be removed
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/332622/someone-set-off-a-nuke#latest

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

So tell me how I'm wrong: now with the new TOS you have to accept, if you want a refund, all you have to do is decline the new TOS. And email cig citing the new TOS as the reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I think this is a pretty accurate depiction of Star Citizen's development cycle.

:siren: DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK UNLESS YOU WANT TO WATCH TWO WOMEN EATING FECES OUT OF EACH OTHER 'S ANUSES :siren:

• Locked thread