Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

New On-Screen. TMNT Out of the Shadows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Hockles posted:

It's funny how they went into the first one thinking that it was a misstep that they didn't pander to 80s kids :lol:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hockles posted:

Oh poo poo. This one oughta be fun.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I want to see that after drinking as many tall glasses of water as I can handle. But my band's mascot is Krang, so...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Count Chocula posted:

I want to see that after drinking as many tall glasses of water as I can handle. But my band's mascot is Krang, so...

It's a mess. More of a mess than the first movie, honestly, I'm surprised the WHM guys liked it as much as they did.

And I'm saying that having watched it with quite a few tall glasses of water in my system, but tall glasses of water tend to sharpen me up a bit if anything. I had two moments of utter loving joy during it (the goddamn Turtle Van and the revelation that Krang and the Technodrome were gonna be a thing in this movie, even if it was kind of a wet fart) and Rocksteady and Bebop were fantastic, but it feels like there's barely any of the actual Turtles in it. Most of the screen time is April and Casey, and Megan Fox and Stephen Amell are both terrible in this movie.

(I'm capable of believing the latter has good performances in him, or at least good fight scenes, based off Arrow. Meanwhile, "a good Megan Fox performance" is in the same category as Bigfoot.)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The first movie was actually pretty good.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

The Twinkie Czar posted:

It's going to bother me a lot more now that someone else has mentioned it out. I want to say the vil-LANE thing is directed toward over the top characters that are super evil solely because they're the villain of the movie, but mispronouncing a word on purpose is still annoying.

In Expendables, the terribly over the top character that is super evil solely because they're the villain of the movie is named Jean Vilain (Yeah, just the word villain with one letter removed, pronounced vil-LANE), so I believe that's where they took the pronunciation.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Eric referencing The Best Show just gave me the biggest THESE GUYS I LIKE ALSO LIKE ANOTHER THING I LIKE boner.

Pato
Mar 15, 2006
Duck

kaesarsosei posted:

Is there anywhere I can get a list of "must-listen" episodes of this? I recently got into this and scraped together some episodes that seemed to be recommended in the early pages of the thread and indeed turned out to be good:

If you're going for must listen episodes then make sure to get their mailbags in there since those are some of their most consistently funny ones. Just from recent memory their mailbag from Batman v. Superman (after episode 247) and the mailbag that talks about Bee Movie (after episode 241) are some of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Fake edit: READ A FUCKIN' COMIC BOOK.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The most recent mailbag is nucking futs, too. Only at Buttons!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I wanted to know if Steve's hypothesis about TMNT/Star Trek crossover fiction was correct, but a quick search revealed something even better exists:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Wait, how the gently caress did Mike get the engineer job?!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Illinois Smith posted:

Wait, how the gently caress did Mike get the engineer job?!

He likes eating the most.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
If we're still listing the best episodes, I'd suggest Rocky IV. Pauly losing his pet frog at Apollo's funeral was great.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Ego-bot posted:

If we're still listing the best episodes, I'd suggest Rocky IV. Pauly losing his pet frog at Apollo's funeral was great.

i bet they cheered in the theater when pauly is dead in creed

he was a pretty horrible sac of poo poo. and watching rocky 1 fully for the first time made me hate him. he is 1970's clown from spawn.

i kind of have to give a nod to camp noware for one of my favorites, i love how their Christopher Lloyd impression is grandpa rick if he wasn't a super scientist.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 12, 2016

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wish they'd do more of those kid power movies. I was exactly the target audience for those back then and even I thought it was all bullshit.

That said, Heavyweights is still goddamn hilarious.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
They should do Big Fat Liar where Paul Giamatti plays a Harvey Weinstein-type and is humiliated by Frankie Muniz and eventually a small army of people of all ages for an hour and a half.

Corek fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 12, 2016

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
So they're recording a live Jupiter Ascending podcast tonight. I'm really excited because there's a family in the movie with the last name of "Abrasax" and they say it a lot. I'm hoping the Jesse Ventura impression gets busted out for this one.

It's a loving horrible movie. Just terrible and stupid and ugh.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wish they'd do more of those kid power movies. I was exactly the target audience for those back then and even I thought it was all bullshit.

That said, Heavyweights is still goddamn hilarious.

Man of the House.

I just want to listen to WHM vs. Chevy Chase vs. Jonathan Taylor Thomas for an hour and forty five minutes.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Yes, please. I want to hear them goof on some of the 90s best child stars. Man of the House would be great because I think they could get a lot of mileage out of the Indian names gag that made me cringe even as a child. And Big Fat Liar would be amazing because I love their Paul Giamatti impression. I caught like 20 minutes of it on TV the other day and was thinking it would make a pretty good episode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Will they make Jupiter Ascending an available episode? Wanna get some of that Cabin

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
This week's episode is incredible, by the way. I love the 1940s grifter offering to throw in his own identity to seal a deal.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I like their interpretation that there is some menacing supernatural presence haunting the house, causing all this chaos and mischief to arise in addition to killing the babysitter

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how they cast Jim Belushi in the shadow movie that's going on with the mom.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Who is the voice they do all the time where the person they are impersonating is talking to 'Bar'?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Lot 49 posted:

Who is the voice they do all the time where the person they are impersonating is talking to 'Bar'?

George H. W. Bush, aka the one scared of broccoli.

Marketing New Brain fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lot 49 posted:

George H. W. Bush; 41st president and father of George W., the 43rd president. Bar is George Sr.'s wife Barbara.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Thanks guys. I thought that was it but wasn't sure. Bar = his wife Barbara was going completely over my head.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I'm skipping Jupiter Ascending because even tho it wasn't great I wanted to like it, and I can't stand people mocking ambitious weird sci-fi. And if they mock Speed Racer or Sense8 I might stop listening.

I got two giant cardboard standees of Balam Abraxas and Mila Kunis from the theater and put them in my lounge room.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"Sauce-only pizza" is a goon staple.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Count Chocula posted:

I'm skipping Jupiter Ascending because even tho it wasn't great I wanted to like it, and I can't stand people mocking ambitious weird sci-fi. And if they mock Speed Racer or Sense8 I might stop listening.
They've praised Speed Racer for its compatibility with tall glasses of water numerous times. Also it's easily the most fun thing the Wachowskis have been involved with since the first Matrix.

I thought "sauce only" referred to crust + tomato sauce. My buddy used to eat that all the time and it's what comes up if you google the term.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 15, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Corek posted:

"Sauce-only pizza" is a goon staple.

I thought you were going to post a photo of pizza.

Illinois Smith posted:

They've praised Speed Racer for its compatibility with tall glasses of water numerous times. Also it's easily the most fun thing the Wachowskis have been involved with since the first Matrix.
Sense8, on the other hand....

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm glad Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead is a We Love Movies.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TetsuoTW posted:

I thought you were going to post a photo of pizza.

I'm the exactly four olives on the top.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I think this week's tangents were some of the best they've ever done. I loving lost it at George Lucas, HR's Nightmare. Then they went and topped it by pairing him with Louie Anderson.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
I'm listening to some old episodes, and did anything ever come out of the Animation Damnation He-Man contest?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I don't think so. I remember at the time thinking that the timeframe was too short and the parameters were too specific, especially since their fanbase wasn't as big as it is now. If they did an animation contest now with a three-ish month deadline and it was as open-ended as "make a cartoon out of any bit" they could probably get some awesome submissions.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Illinois Smith posted:

I thought "sauce only" referred to crust + tomato sauce. My buddy used to eat that all the time and it's what comes up if you google the term.

Tomato pie is a real thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Tomato pie is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

No pizza rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4