Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Picked revelator up today based on you guys hype. Excited to sit down and try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

burger time posted:

I have heard the ps3 version has a lot of slowdown compared to the ps4 version.

i really want to know about this because ive heard people talk about how it would

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

burger time posted:

I have heard the ps3 version has a lot of slowdown compared to the ps4 version.

you could already only use specific stages online in sign unless you were some dumbass that didn't notice frame drops eating your inputs.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

vulturesrow posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. Can anyone suggest since good resources for Injustice since that is the fighting game I have right now?

I'm only assuming they are good because I really liked his MKX/KI/SFV videos, but SupermanSajam on youtube has a lot of great videos which include not only character tutorials for Injustice characters, but also ways to deal with popular scenarios you will encounter. So, I think that would be a good place to start, though I apologize if you can't find what you're specifically looking for there as I haven't been able to review each of them to verify.

At least you can have this tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPm_xlQnN3M

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Well since I am basically a 40 year child and expect to master a game immediately even though I have no fighting game background to speak I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by revelators. Went through all the tutorials, did some character challenges, and am doing some of the practices where they try to teach some fight game fundamentals. I'm guessing I should probably pick a character and try to master it. Any recommendations to that end?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

vulturesrow posted:

Well since I am basically a 40 year child and expect to master a game immediately even though I have no fighting game background to speak I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by revelators. Went through all the tutorials, did some character challenges, and am doing some of the practices where they try to teach some fight game fundamentals. I'm guessing I should probably pick a character and try to master it. Any recommendations to that end?

pick literally anyone but eddie or jacko and just mash around with K S H into super

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think the simplest characters for a new player to pick up are Faust, Leo and Ky. Faust is a very simple neutral character, but you'd have to master the drill faultless defense cancel they show you in his challenge mode. Leo has even simpler execution, has a hard time getting in, but he can be tricky to get out of your face. Ky is anime Ryu with a sword, but you see a lot of mid to low level players who get over reliant on using random greed sever and stun dipper instead of learning how to play footsies or open people up and then never get any better so I guess be one of them.

All three have plenty of room to grow into a high level player but so does everyone else in Xrd.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am the bad ky. Ky is a very fun shoto to get used to the game with.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I think Raven is pretty easy too. Maybe his neutral is a little more complicated but his combos are easy and his moves are rather straightforward.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Kum Haehyun is very anime, therefore the best to jump into.

I mean, young girl piloting old man from within? Im sure theres some deep poo poo going on there.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Kum Haehyun is very anime, therefore the best to jump into.

I mean, young girl piloting old man from within? Im sure theres some deep poo poo going on there.

just like me...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kum's inputs are kinda fucky though so it might not be a natural starting point

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

drat. And here I was thinking I was doing good at 229ms.

I've been using a big-rear end HDTV as a monitor for a while and have long suspected that it was causing a noticeable amount of lag when I play fighting games, so I hooked up a really old CRT monitor that I had laying around as a secondary display. I just tested with this site, and with the TV was struggling to get under 300ms. When I switched to the CRT display, I was hitting between 200-230ms. That's a good 4-6 frame difference.

Don't play on HDTVs, everybody.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Some modern TVs have Game Modes in their settings that reduce display latency, check to make sure yours are enabled.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZqQtFw5E8

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The faces don't look as awful as I expected them to, I'll give them that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Atrocitus looks bad

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The faces don't look as awful as I expected them to, I'll give them that.

Supergirl looks pretty awful.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

That looks horrible.

I can't stand when modern 2D fighters use these cinematic type supers.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It looks bad visually but the campaign seems as hilariously hammy as the first one which makes it a-ok in my book

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FoneBone posted:

Supergirl looks pretty awful.

Yeah but it's "we just figured out the LA Noire face tech from a hundred years ago" awful, not "we outsourced our faces to WB Bangladesh" awful which is their usual standard.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Heh I just noticed Dex-Starr floating along side Atrocitus at the start where he's talking smack to Supergirl.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nrs game bad capcom stupid water wet

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

dragon enthusiast posted:

It looks bad visually but the campaign seems as hilariously hammy as the first one which makes it a-ok in my book

I wonder if it's just going to ignore the Injustice comics.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah Injustice 2 looks pretty freakin sweet :)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's just worse, not different

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

as a fan of hard reads i have to say that nrs games come second only to killer instinct and i hope they never abandon the tradition of mushy stiff garbage they have held for so long

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

at least they used colors other than grey this time

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about Ranked Matchmaking in Xrd Revelator: Does it matter which lobby you locate yourself in? It felt like I was getting matched more often while I was in the east coast lobbies.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I liked what little was there in that Injustice 2 video, but I also liked Injustice. I just hope the loot thing is ignorable.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Gorilla Grodd is there, gently caress everything else, pack your bags Guilty Gear

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care about the loving Monkey

Give me Booster Gold or Guy Gardner or gently caress off

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

STICKCHAT

I decided I wanted to learn how to play on stick, so I ordered a new plexi from Art and reworked one of my hitboxes.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Wait, you made the transition from hitbox to stick? Why?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Loose posted:

honor

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Unlucky7 posted:

Question about Ranked Matchmaking in Xrd Revelator: Does it matter which lobby you locate yourself in? It felt like I was getting matched more often while I was in the east coast lobbies.

no, but to be honest almost nobody plays guilty gear ranked. The average skill level is crazy low, and bo1 is really unsatisfying in general.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mattavist posted:

STICKCHAT

I decided I wanted to learn how to play on stick, so I ordered a new plexi from Art and reworked one of my hitboxes.

nice

glad to see art's still doing things

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Broken Loose posted:

2 reasons!

1. I didn't have a stick and wanted one
2. Why not

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Mattavist posted:

STICKCHAT

nice stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Broken Loose posted:

hajiki screw