Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008
It got a little warm in my apartment and Snicket melted. I call this Purrsistence of Meowmory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

http://i.imgur.com/qhg7sS9.gifv

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/kozue_photo/status/741804997101293568

LOOK AT THESE CUDDLY SLEEPY OTTERS. THANKS

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I have this job where I could work from home, but I don't because I'd never see another person if I didn't come into an office. And I want to quit, because it pays nothing and is terrible.

But this thread makes me want to work from home and get a dog, and never see any person and live paycheck to paycheck.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Here's my cats and one of them making dumb noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5l7qK45Y5c

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I went to Petsmart and saw they had a shark costume for dogs.

Why should dogs have all the fun?

I am a bad, bad cat parent.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/Ria4xDp.gifv

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
xposting from Chilis awesome thread..

Look what showed up at MYYYY house today

SneakyFrog posted:

Its thin and dirty as poo poo with an eye infucktion at least

:3:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I've been to pulse before.

I could really use some baby animals right now.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Catnipped posted:

:glomp:

My uncle recently discovered a fox and her kits on his property. They litter his porch with their scent and footprints, which infuriates his Weimaraner to no end.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Catnipped posted:

Found these at a nearby park. Though they might be more like teenage animals or something.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Posted my old cat like a year ago. He passed on last December at about 13-14 years old (adopted him when he was about 12) and a week later I adopted this grumpy even older old fuzzball called Ceviche. He doesn't like being on my shoulder or stick out his tongue like Wilson did. He walks/waddles a bit bowlegged due to arthritis.

He tends to space out hard and/or forgets what he was doing

He tries to be adorable when he feels like it.

But most of the time he is just a bundle of grump

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh good gourd. :kimchi: Thank you for adopting an elderly cat.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

MisterFuzzles posted:

He tends to space out hard and/or forgets what he was doing

IDK man, all my cats do this kind of thing. Staring at nothing... the wall... me... I'm pretty sure they just do it to gently caress with us humans.

That is an adorable oldman cat, though.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks much thread <3

To contribute, baby hyenas:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Oh good gourd. :kimchi: Thank you for adopting an elderly cat.

This seriously

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/chico_nushi/status/740779321590218756

#buncho on twitter is very cute

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Is that a monster sized finch? :stare:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Is that a monster sized finch? :stare:

It's not a thinch, that's for sure.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

JackMann posted:

I went to Petsmart and saw they had a shark costume for dogs.

Why should dogs have all the fun?

I am a bad, bad cat parent.

Shark cats you say?
This is Balloo. He's 13, grumpy, sheds everywhere and hates our dog Beans. But I like him anyway.

This is Beans. We went to the Pride Run yesterday. He got dressed up for the occasion.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

More Beans please.

Also more cats in costumes, please and thank you.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

More Beans please.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

My grandmother had a cat named Puppy, I'm perfectly okay with Dog being a cat name :3:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Kwyndig posted:

More Beans please.

Are cats in hats acceptable?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Snake noses and their heat-pits weird me out :(

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

MisterFuzzles posted:

extremely old man

This made me tear up a tad. Thank you.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
This 15-year-old fuzzy lumpkin was at the local cat rescue, advertised as White Grandpa. I tried to name him Papaw, but the name that's stuck is Old Man Kitten.

His hearing and smelling aren't so good, and most days he just lazes about on cool surfaces, but when he's feeling his oats, he'll let out a high, long meooooowwwww and come loaf on your chest, purring ever so gently. He is A Good Old Man and he needs icepacks for his sore front paws (declawing :argh:) and extra water added to his wet or dry foods to make soup. He also loves licking the whipped cream off Sonic shakes, dollops of sour cream, and staring into space sometimes (which I call "buffering").

He loves laying on plastic bags.

When he wants to lay on the coffee table, he knocks everything off it to make room. No mercy.

🎶That Ooooold Maaaaan Kiiitten, he just keeps loafin' a-aaaaalooooong

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

We may be close to peak cute here.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/Elverojaguar/status/742265247562616832

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Please post more old cats I love them

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Courtesy of JonBuck on Fark, the sweetest black catte in the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZyiesSwdCI

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/K4mtw5d.webm

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

That is one fat finch. We get them wild here and they're pretty cute. For some reason they keep trying to adopt flocks of smaller finches even though they're like, twice the size of the other birds so you'll see a cluster of tiny finches hopping around with one huge java sparrow chilling with them. It's great when they all start to land on the same branch though because the big one will make all the little ones tumble off.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f43E-rHodlI

Kitten-grooming too vigorous :kimchi:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Here is Mr Boods' ancient numpty, whom I've posted before. Here he is modelling the little coin token thing I was given a couple months ago

He's maybe 18-20 years old, and in the past couple of years he's decided that he's my cat (especially now that he's an only cat, his sister having died, and mine being killed in an accident).

He stinks, he's deaf, his vision is pretty poor now, and his one working brain cell is overloaded by day to day activities such as breathing. He spends all day in a nest on my desk except when he goes downstairs to check out his foodbowl, then comes back upstairs and yells at me til I sort it out. He does evening shift in his second nest on the sofa next to me from teatime onwards.

He doesn't really play anymore; his main pleasures revolve around mealtimes -- he knows he'll get the dregs of the cereal bowl at lunch, scraps at lunchtime, and a bit of cheese at tea. He takes his pill selection via Quorn 'bacon' pieces wadded up into little balls. He knows when mealtimes are, and will get naggy when his stomach clock goes off.

Despite being about 900 years old in people terms, he seems happy enough. He refuses to eat when I'm away, and expresses his dissatisfaction with Mr Boods (his actual person) by making GBS threads in his shoes when I'm away. He mopes, cries, and pines, and bites Mr Boods when he tries to comfort him. I come home, and he turns into a cooing turtledove with the appetite of a stevedore.

Here's his Google dream portrait

Here he is (on the left) with the neighbour's cat, Gus, who loving loves him. Mr Old Cat hates Gus.

Day shift on the desk

More day shift

Younger days with his sister

A good boy (about 5 or 6 years ago)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Holy crap, is that kitten a van-pattern calico where you only get the calico colors on her tail? I... I think I need this cat.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ms Boods posted:

Here is Mr Boods' ancient numpty, whom I've posted before. Here he is modelling the little coin token thing I was given a couple months ago

He's maybe 18-20 years old, and in the past couple of years he's decided that he's my cat (especially now that he's an only cat, his sister having died, and mine being killed in an accident).

He stinks, he's deaf, his vision is pretty poor now, and his one working brain cell is overloaded by day to day activities such as breathing. He spends all day in a nest on my desk except when he goes downstairs to check out his foodbowl, then comes back upstairs and yells at me til I sort it out. He does evening shift in his second nest on the sofa next to me from teatime onwards.

He doesn't really play anymore; his main pleasures revolve around mealtimes -- he knows he'll get the dregs of the cereal bowl at lunch, scraps at lunchtime, and a bit of cheese at tea. He takes his pill selection via Quorn 'bacon' pieces wadded up into little balls. He knows when mealtimes are, and will get naggy when his stomach clock goes off.

Despite being about 900 years old in people terms, he seems happy enough. He refuses to eat when I'm away, and expresses his dissatisfaction with Mr Boods (his actual person) by making GBS threads in his shoes when I'm away. He mopes, cries, and pines, and bites Mr Boods when he tries to comfort him. I come home, and he turns into a cooing turtledove with the appetite of a stevedore.

Here's his Google dream portrait

Here he is (on the left) with the neighbour's cat, Gus, who loving loves him. Mr Old Cat hates Gus.

Day shift on the desk

More day shift

Younger days with his sister

A good boy (about 5 or 6 years ago)

I love old cattes :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Those notches in his ears are from his hell-raising days of keeping all of the other cats away from his territory (all acquired before I knew him). These days, Gus (who is only 5 or 6) protects his garden and our garden - he also watches out for the old rat bag when I take him outside. That is when he's not dancing up behind him and bopping him on the head before dancing away again.

We've just had lunch, and the old numpty is demanding a crisp. All he's going to do is lick off all the salt and then flip the soggy remains into my briefcase AGAIN.