Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
we got ourselves a live one boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Chocobo posted:

I'm very excited for the new Mass Effect, the trilogy was probably my favorite single player experience.

I remember answering to a loyal shitizen that popped by the Discord channel, as to his question as to why don't we at least play and give Star Citizen a try, in this manner: "Right now I'm far too busy playing Stellaris to answer that question. Then I expect I'll buy up the XCOM 2 DLC that's coming out and nerd out over that, being again too busy to answer your question...and by the time I'm done with that ME: Andromeda will come out and I'll yet again be too busy to answer your question. I hope this answers your question."

Because this is all there is to it. No one can actually 'play' Star Citizen right now and never will. They can only suffer it and have to pay possibly hundreds of dollars for the 'privilege'.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

held up? gorf promised the big reveal, the show that would wipe star citizen off the map

and then nothing

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Lazrin posted:

where was the big show you promised?

Where is the Game that Chris Roberts promised? One of the several would be enough to begin with

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Lazrin posted:

held up? gorf promised the big reveal, the show that would wipe star citizen off the map

and then nothing

Was it the huge showcase that many of us were looking for? No. Was what was shown better than anything CIG has ever released? Yes.

So what kind of answer exactly are you expecting from him?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lazrin posted:

and then nothing

lmao. Hey there, pal. I'm having fun playing XCOM 2 with lazers and shooting and exploding aliens and poo poo. How much fun are you having T-posing involuntarily and being banned by the space police for doing so?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Inkel posted:

Was it the huge showcase that many of us were looking for? No. Was what was shown better than anything CIG has ever released? Yes.

So what kind of answer exactly are you expecting from him?

i'm waiting to hear more bluster to explain why his previous bluster was pulled out of his rear end

this isn't about cig, this is about what gorf promised and making sure you're all aware what a broken poser he is

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
why are you so upset friend. G0rf doesn't run EA's presentation.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Even if no space games at all had been shown at E3, Star Citizen is still poo poo. Attacking other games is irrelevant - Star Citizen is complete poo poo that is not coming out - that is true even in a gaming vacuum. What you see on the PTU is what Chris and his team are capable of. If Chris was less poo poo, he might have made something great. If his "wife" was less poo poo, the social media shitstorm we're experiencing would have been replaced with something respectable. If Ben was less poo poo, the backers would not be a cultist-infused nightmare of the worst people in the world.

Star Citizen is a farce. E.T. for the 2600 transcended it in every way possible in 1982. In 2016, a child making GBS threads on a piece of cardboard and leaving fecal nuggets at random has just made a better game than Chris Roberts is capable of creating.

It's a sickening and heartbreaking truth.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
This is starting to sound awfully familiar to whoever that idiot was thousands of pages ago who kept going on about Derek Smart and stole goon valor.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

and then nothing

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

i'm waiting to hear more bluster to explain why his previous bluster was pulled out of his rear end

this isn't about cig, this is about what gorf promised and making sure you're all aware what a broken poser he is

I've been on the internet a long while now and in my opinion Gorf is a funny and intelligent guy who makes the world a better place, while in the short time I've spent reading your whine I'm being to suspect you're a complete arsehole.

How much you in for chief? Most Citizens have to launch the game to find their head up someones arse.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 13, 2016

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015
Why did they need to show more? SC is floundering, with not even a minimal presence at E3 they weren't exactly the game to beat. Difference is that while CIG has been clamming up more and more and resorting to "tell" over "show", this is only the start of the marketing ramp up for Andromeda. They only had to whet our appetites and EA knows full well the price of over-filling the hype machine early.

The game isn't releasing until next year, and we'll get more and more in the lead up to that. Wait until the frame-by-frame analysis of the trailer is released, I'd put money on finding a hell of a lot compressed into that short segment than is immediately obvious.

sanctimoniousqfd fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 13, 2016

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Lazrin posted:

thanks for the :10bux:

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Lazrin posted:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Inkel posted:

This is starting to sound awfully familiar to whoever that idiot was thousands of pages ago who kept going on about Derek Smart and stole goon valor.

I was thinking the same thing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

:laffo:

An worthless poster making GBS threads on G0RF - probably the MVP of this whole fuckin thread - is the funniest thing I've seen today.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

An worthless poster making GBS threads on G0RF - probably the MVP of this whole fuckin thread - is the funniest thing I've seen today.

His posts are so bad I actually think this is just G0RF trolling us.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Lazrin posted:

Show me on the doll where the bad man touched your spaceship, son. It's okay.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ezekeel posted:

I've seen G0RF trolling people. His Shitizen act is good but it's not that good.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

I was thinking the same thing.

I know, right? It's the same stupid strategy. Attack a prominent poster on some stupid little thing and just hound on it, ignoring all logic. "Don't you understand! He did not correctly predict what a company would show at E3!!! He is a hack! Not reliable. Sad!"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Seriously, gently caress this guy

gently caress him in the context.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lol @ anyone making GBS threads on the ME E3 presentation when CIG didn't even have the balls to show up

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Ezekeel posted:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

did i miss gorf's apologetic "2 weeks" for lack of andromeda in ea's presser?

Lazrin posted:

from a company with 21years of experience

where was the big show you promised?

Lazrin posted:

and then nothing

Lazrin posted:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

oh shiiiiiii

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

redwalrus posted:

Persistence, powered by Microsoft Access.

FileMaker.

Bobalbmi
Sep 25, 2000

Today is the day

A Neurotic Jew posted:

why are you so upset friend. G0rf doesn't run EA's presentation.

A better question might be - how much is he in for?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

lazrin is in for 4 grand of disposable income, a lovely belt, and an account that everyone already knows is a lovely troll

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Inkel posted:

I know, right? It's the same stupid strategy. Attack a prominent poster on some stupid little thing and just hound on it, ignoring all logic. "Don't you understand! He did not correctly predict what a company would show at E3!!! He is a hack! Not reliable. Sad!"

I know - it's exactly the same thing! For all we know it's the same guy. I especially savored the use of the word "poser" - a "kid word" I haven't heard used in over 10 years. (I guess I aged out of that demographic.)

Apparently Star Citizen is an example of "faith-based gaming development." It's likelihood of release is not connected to the work CIG is doing, but rather due to whether or not internet arguments tangentially related to it can be won with enough regularity. If you post on enough forums, and attack enough competing games, and say "Derek Smart sucks" enough, the game codes itself and releases.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I, for one, welcome Lazrin's contribution of nonexistent punctuation, failing inconsistent capitalization and incoherent seething bitterness and barely concealed venom to this thread.

Parp.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Scruffpuff posted:

Apparently Star Citizen is an example of "faith-based gaming development."

you don't understand post-rational game development

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

StarBegotten posted:

I think you'll find that CIG shows how amateur CIG is.

Checkmate Goon!

CIG isn't amateur! CIG is independent!
Go back to your salty asshat forum, big publisher shill!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
(Am i doing it right?)

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO3vrf8j9JU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

redwalrus posted:

code:
CREATE TABLE StarCitizen
(
playerID int,
aUEC int,
invisibleLimbs int,
relationshipToMajorTom varchar(255),
shavedPubes bit,
isGoon bit,
);
I HAVE CREATED PERSISTENCE but there appears to be some database smegma.

code:
INSERT INTO StarCitizen (shavedPubes)
VALUES ('yes');
DATABASE FIXED GET ME A DRINK.

You've missed one column.

ALTER TABLE StarCitizen
ADD Ben BLOB

There, i've fixed it.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

DatonKallandor posted:

All the parts that aren't real gameplay look great. Then it's back to the same old animations and wonky combat we know from ME3 for a couple of seconds, then back to bullshots of pretty planets and cool space stuff. But at least the fact I can recognize their lovely real gameplay means that they have real gameplay.

^ zis
Cinematics, cinematics, old ME bullshit, cinematics.

But at least it looks nice.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Let's be real here, even David Cage has made games (that were glorified poorly scripted movies) that will amount to more than anything Star Citizen will ever amount to.

• Locked thread