Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Chili posted:

Epilogue of the great laptop war:

Butters became quite taken with the cute and uplifting thread:

So much so that he decided that we would not be visiting any more websites for now:

I took a break to stretch my legs and check on our other, better behaved friends in the house. When I came back...

What a goonlord.

I like how there's another cat sniffing around the box of puzzle pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I like how there's another cat sniffing around the box of puzzle pieces.

That's one of our current fosters, she's incredible and I'll try and get some shots. She is pretty much always sprinting her rear end off, may be tricky.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Chili posted:

What a goonlord.
There have been a lot of amazing Butterscotch photos, but this one is my favorite.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I don't think I've ever wanted as badly to pet a cat through the internet as fat Butterscotch.

DaChurl
Nov 9, 2011

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

BigPaddy posted:

The wife and I have been approved to be a foster home for a Pug rescue and we headed down to one of their fund raising events today and there were 20_ little curly tailed snorty mutants who wanted rubs :3:

Could you explain a bit about what being a dog foster-parent entails? There's been a lot of great info in this thread for cat fostering, but allergies make cat care a non-starter in my house.

I've already got a pug, and I know he'd love to have other goofy snort-dogs around to play with. However, my husband and I both work 9-5 jobs and I know separation anxiety can be a really common issue among foster dogs. Is it worth it to try and foster if we can't check in on the dogs every few hours?

Also, your link must be broken. No matter how many times I refresh your post I'm not seeing a picture of the pug-mob. :confused:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

DaChurl posted:

Could you explain a bit about what being a dog foster-parent entails? There's been a lot of great info in this thread for cat fostering, but allergies make cat care a non-starter in my house.

I've already got a pug, and I know he'd love to have other goofy snort-dogs around to play with. However, my husband and I both work 9-5 jobs and I know separation anxiety can be a really common issue among foster dogs. Is it worth it to try and foster if we can't check in on the dogs every few hours?

Also, your link must be broken. No matter how many times I refresh your post I'm not seeing a picture of the pug-mob. :confused:

Well here are some pug mugs and some info on the money raised yesterday

https://www.crowdrise.com/6ThPRoNE5K

The rescue we work with are fine with the dogs being left alone but you would probably not want to foster any with severe special needs such as those who are blind. If you have another dog then as long as they get on I don't see separation anxiety being an issue.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It seems wrong somehow to raise money for pugs by performing sustained aerobic exercise.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

DaChurl posted:

We've fostered a dog, and though it was great, it was very time consuming and he did not do well on his own.

The short answer is this is a big bowl of YMMV. If you sign up as a foster, and make it clear to the organization between 8-6 the house will be empty, they'll make sure to get you a pup that they think can handle it. Most of the time, that'll mean crating as they will only have a limited concept of the dog.

If, when you get home, you can give the dog attention, it'll probably be just fine in most cases. But your best bet is too just call up an organization and talk to them about your situation.

Chili fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 7, 2016

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

We successfully fostered three balls of fluff and have now been trusted with five of the smallest, lowest energy kittens I've ever seen. None of them weigh more than a pound but they're old enough that their eyes are starting to change colors. They were abandoned in a box on someone's porch. Our job is to get them to gain weight.

They're all eating their syringe feeding mix, some better than others, but being dewormed made one lose nearly two ounces since Friday :( Hopefully she recovers fast.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that can be tough. It's awesome that there are five of them, gives then way better odds. Have fun wipin dem butts!

DaChurl
Nov 9, 2011

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

BigPaddy posted:

Well here are some pug mugs and some info on the money raised yesterday

https://www.crowdrise.com/6ThPRoNE5K

The rescue we work with are fine with the dogs being left alone but you would probably not want to foster any with severe special needs such as those who are blind. If you have another dog then as long as they get on I don't see separation anxiety being an issue.

Thanks for the link! That's a good point, I guess I wasn't thinking about how much work the rescues do to make sure dogs are placed in good situations for them.

Chili posted:

We've fostered a dog, and though it was great, it was very time consuming and he did not do well on his own.

The short answer is this is a big bowl of YMMV. If you sign up as a foster, and make it clear to the organization between 8-6 the house will be empty, they'll make sure to get you a pup that they think can handle it. Most of the time, that'll mean crating as they will only have a limited concept of the dog.

If, when you get home, you can give the dog attention, it'll probably be just fine in most cases. But your best bet is too just call up an organization and talk to them about your situation.

Also a good point. I know I'm over-thinking it and I should just apply and let the rescue tell me if we're a good fit for one of the dogs or not. There is a pug rescue in our city, but with how much our little guy is shedding right now I'm tempted to look into rescues for other small breeds who won't leave behind a cloud of fur every time they jump off the couch. I know there's a boston terrier rescue somewhere nearby. I promise if I build up the nerve to apply I'll come back with pictures and stories!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

DaChurl posted:

Thanks for the link! That's a good point, I guess I wasn't thinking about how much work the rescues do to make sure dogs are placed in good situations for them.

Also a good point. I know I'm over-thinking it and I should just apply and let the rescue tell me if we're a good fit for one of the dogs or not. There is a pug rescue in our city, but with how much our little guy is shedding right now I'm tempted to look into rescues for other small breeds who won't leave behind a cloud of fur every time they jump off the couch. I know there's a boston terrier rescue somewhere nearby. I promise if I build up the nerve to apply I'll come back with pictures and stories!

Good deal, and if you have other questions feel free to PM me. I'm happy to talk more about the whole thing if it'll help you build up your nerve. :shobon:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We finally got around to giving Butterscotch his first catnip toy.

The results were hilarious, and I unfortunately missed the best bit at first, but here's what I managed to get. It's got a twist ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa2VQ3T0N1U

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Butterscotch is perfect and beautiful.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Radio! posted:

Butterscotch is perfect and beautiful.

He has the cutest pink button nose. :3: I wanna boop it all fuckin' day.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
What a happy creature.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Looking at back at this video almost has me misty eyed, he's essentially doing the same thing but can hardly move in comparison to now, after losing the 7 pounds. So proud of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMMiwrzYCP8

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's so slim now :3:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DaChurl posted:

Do it. You should totally do it.

:catbert:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Chili posted:

Looking at back at this video almost has me misty eyed, he's essentially doing the same thing but can hardly move in comparison to now, after losing the 7 pounds. So proud of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMMiwrzYCP8

Catnip normally only affects cats for about ten minutes at a time, after which they're no longer susceptible until they "reset," which takes about two hours. You probably caught Butters just as the high was ending.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the goddamn portal opened again.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
it is a itty bitty kitteh.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Its thin and dirty as poo poo with an eye infucktion at least

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SneakyFrog posted:

:stonk:

Poor little guy. Hope it gets better :ohdear:.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:stonk:

Poor little guy. Hope it gets better :ohdear:.

eh just doing a bath and hot compresses on it until the lil guy can get to the vet.

eye looks good, its focusing and all that. Jut must have been without mommy cat for a while for as dirty as it is and how filthy the lil ears are.

Never found just one kitten before, so went to go look.. no sign of mom or others and no sign of afterbirth so :iiam:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lol currently the pibble puppy is tongue bathing it and its purring.. gotta heavy duty purr motor in the lil guy its pretty loud

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

Jesus, you just find all these things?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

Jesus, you just find all these things?

Gf went to check the mail, and heard mewing :shrug:

Either that or I got some potent animal pheremones

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's like hobo signs that the dogs put out when the go to pee.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The state of my house is currently "full of cats". Last night we were asked to pick up this gremlin.

He has an eye infection and a URI requring meds. He also has virtually no fat so he has to be fed every three hours and kept on a heating pad. This is the closest to having a kid I ever want to get. His name is Birdie but I want to rename him Dobby because he looks like a house elf.

Since I mentioned having five earlier, here's the best picture I could get of all of them being mostly still in their hutch.

From left they are Jupiter, Mars (I don't know why he has an eye closed), Mercury is on top of Venus, and Moon. Yes, I am a gigantic nerd. That was the first group of 5 I could think of to name them. They're doing pretty good and eating us out of every batch of formula I make. So I filled a jar that formerly held spaghetti sauce and it looks like enough for a while.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LivesInGrey posted:

The state of my house is currently "full of cats". Last night we were asked to pick up this gremlin.

He has an eye infection and a URI requring meds. He also has virtually no fat so he has to be fed every three hours and kept on a heating pad. This is the closest to having a kid I ever want to get. His name is Birdie but I want to rename him Dobby because he looks like a house elf.

Since I mentioned having five earlier, here's the best picture I could get of all of them being mostly still in their hutch.

From left they are Jupiter, Mars (I don't know why he has an eye closed), Mercury is on top of Venus, and Moon. Yes, I am a gigantic nerd. That was the first group of 5 I could think of to name them. They're doing pretty good and eating us out of every batch of formula I make. So I filled a jar that formerly held spaghetti sauce and it looks like enough for a while.

You're doing good work there. You keep those Sailor Kittens fed. Also poor Birdie, please let us know if he fattens up.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
If any fostergoons are in Colorado I will come socialize kittens for you

Free of charge

Just lemme play with them kittens :kimchi:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Is Albuquerque too far for you now?

Edit: Look at what 24 hours of constant food and cuddles can do! He has the energy to clean himself, playfully bite my pajamas, and purr.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 13, 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:same:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Good grief.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

EARS

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I blame five thousand years of positive evolutionary pressure on how adorable kittens look.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

MikeJF posted:

I blame five thousand years of positive evolutionary pressure on how adorable kittens look.

They played us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Update: Kitteh is fine, the eye has a small lesion but it will be ok, and has a bit of a bacterial infection on the tail but otherwise AOK.

Kittehs name is now dog.

and my jeep wont stay running this morning.

that is all.