Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
this iis my favorite thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

pentfixion posted:

pretty cool logo too tho

I'm not gonna lie, I unironically like that bulldog mascot of theirs.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Nordick posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I unironically like that bulldog mascot of theirs.

idk why the artist drew the dog with all 4 legs up like that but that collar is heavy as gently caress

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
There has to be a huge team of people behind this account with the sheer quantity of poo poo it posts

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

There were some passing mentions of Crypt Sermon last year but this album is great so here's a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0109WOmJbT0

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

I really liked that Crypt Sermon album, just straight up solid doom with loads of power and good vocals. Need to stick it back on my MP3 player.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i would absolutely have da share z0ne make an album cover for me

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Vulture Culture posted:

There were some passing mentions of Crypt Sermon last year but this album is great so here's a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0109WOmJbT0

They're good live, too.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I haven't seen much talk about Ihsahn's new one Arktis, which is pretty drat good. It's been on heavy rotation alongside Haken's Affinity ever since they both hit spotify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_ak5pGQjs

edit: gently caress I just discovered the instrumental Affinity is on spotify. It's weird hearing it without vocals, but you can hear the intricacies of all the instruments that are woven throughout. I have a whole new appreciation for this album. Listening to the last half of the instrumental 1985 is practically like listening to the Rocky IV training montage.

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 12, 2016

s0urc3
Mar 1, 2009

The ship is now armed and preparing to explode. This will be a fairly large explosion, so you'd best keep back about 22 miles.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I haven't seen much talk about Ihsahn's new one Arktis, which is pretty drat good. It's been on heavy rotation alongside Haken's Affinity ever since they both hit spotify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_ak5pGQjs

Been listening to this today, so good. Both the quality of the harsh and melodic lines in the clean vocals are fantastic, and it's got great riffage throughout.

Thanks for the heads up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Discovered Antidote today. Really great 90s tech thrash. Also, that album art is trippy as hell.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Isahn went all Ghost on us. But this has got some pretty decent meat to it. I'm impressed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

symbolic posted:

Discovered Antidote today. Really great 90s tech thrash. Also, that album art is trippy as hell.

Oh lord that bass drum

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

symbolic posted:

I have to say I wasn't expecting the harsh King Diamond vocal style at all

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Trees and Squids posted:

edit: there's a new Hammers of Misfortune track and it's good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYQvQ8bKcc
I really liked their second album best but this isn't bad

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012
The new Virus is out and it is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ifVrsatSI

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

TollTheHounds posted:

I almost didn't click on these links because normally stoner metal is not really my thing, but you said they were local ( BC ) so I listened to them anyway and gently caress, just bought both LP's, this is really good poo poo.

So you know, if anyone else is on the fence, give both Hashteroid and Dead Quiet a chance - you might be surprised!

If you're in Van and want some more local metal (though more on the prog-death side), I also recommend Neck of the Woods.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The vocalist from Pyrexia was apparently arrested for murdering three people. He is also a sovereign citizen.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
They probably wanted to create joinder or some poo poo.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

symbolic posted:

My experience with Mudvayne is that I've never listened to Mudvayne and I don't think I'm missing out too much as a result.

same

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Well, I'm on my way to see Iron Maiden and Ghost, hope I don't miss the last bus home afterwards.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
So we've waited 3 years for 21 minutes of new Nails material, You Will Never Be One of Us. I don't get it after all the hype. Maybe I'm doing this wrong. To me, it seems like a let down as compared to Abandon All Life. Still, these guys must throw one hell of a live show.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Groke posted:

Well, I'm on my way to see Iron Maiden and Ghost, hope I don't miss the last bus home afterwards.

I saw Maiden at Download on Sunday, but Ghost cancelled because their singer was sick or something :(

Saying that, Black Sabbath was the highlight, never heard too much of their stuff but it was absolutely fantastic music, despite Ozzy being a corpse at this stage.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i refuse to see black sabbath again until they bring back bill ward

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

henpod posted:

I saw Maiden at Download on Sunday, but Ghost cancelled because their singer was sick or something :(

Ghost was back in business yesterday; singer said he'd been sick but had now gotten a prescription for some of that good cough syrup and was currently high on that and feeling great. (Having tried the same stuff when I had bronchitis last year, I believe him; it brings inner peace and a deep love for all things but you can't operate machinery.)

Ghost was okay, Maiden was in top form and pulled off a great show, I've seen them three times before since Bruce came back and this was probably the best I've seen them. Not bad for a bunch of legacy geezers.

Also there was another opening act which turned out to be Steve Harris' kid's band; they sounded okay I guess.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Does he have several kids who play in rock bands? When I saw them maybe 8 years ago his daughter's band opened, and it was definitely not okay.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Groke posted:

Ghost was back in business yesterday; singer said he'd been sick but had now gotten a prescription for some of that good cough syrup and was currently high on that and feeling great. (Having tried the same stuff when I had bronchitis last year, I believe him; it brings inner peace and a deep love for all things but you can't operate machinery.)

Ghost was okay, Maiden was in top form and pulled off a great show, I've seen them three times before since Bruce came back and this was probably the best I've seen them. Not bad for a bunch of legacy geezers.

Also there was another opening act which turned out to be Steve Harris' kid's band; they sounded okay I guess.

Was it the stuff that has opium in it, or the stuff that makes you robotrip? Because drat it if the Satanic Pope on lean during a show.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Skjorte posted:

Does he have several kids who play in rock bands? When I saw them maybe 8 years ago his daughter's band opened, and it was definitely not okay.

This was a thing called "The Raven Age" where his son plays guitar. I only heard some of their set and can basically just not say that they definitely sucked.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Vargatron posted:

Was it the stuff that has opium in it, or the stuff that makes you robotrip? Because drat it if the Satanic Pope on lean during a show.

Cosylan, which means an opioid.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

New Thrawsunblat streaming! Couple songs in, dig it so far.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i refuse to see black sabbath again until they bring back bill ward

Never going to happen, sadly.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

henpod posted:

Saying that, Black Sabbath was the highlight, never heard too much of their stuff but it was absolutely fantastic music, despite Ozzy being a corpse at this stage.

What are you doing here then?

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

the yeti posted:

It's great! I took a gamble and pre-ordered before they'd even posted any sample songs and feel vindicated.

It's good poo poo and worth it if you liked the previous album for sure.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

What are you doing here then?
Reminder that there are people old enough to vote who were born after Soulfly played Ozzfest

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

TollTheHounds posted:

It's great! I took a gamble and pre-ordered before they'd even posted any sample songs and feel vindicated.

It's good poo poo and worth it if you liked the previous album for sure.

I think my fav remains Canada 2010, but yeah this is great and I'll definitely give it some more listens

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

the yeti posted:

This is really good, loved Woods and this certainly has a similar feel in a lot of ways. I think I had heard of them a bit after David Gold died (I guess it must have been their first album), but had never really latched on to it I guess, so thanks for the link.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I've been totally in love with Sewercide and their brand of death/thrash as of late: https://unspeakableaxerecords.bandcamp.com/album/immortalized-in-suffering
They're touring the states right now and got added to a local show on Saturday that I can make and I'm super excited for that, very rad stuff imo.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

So we've waited 3 years for 21 minutes of new Nails material, You Will Never Be One of Us. I don't get it after all the hype. Maybe I'm doing this wrong. To me, it seems like a let down as compared to Abandon All Life. Still, these guys must throw one hell of a live show.
I dunno I'm currently liking this a lot, and yeah they own live. I agree this album was way hyped up so I hate it when that happens too but I think it's pretty good for what Nails does. Just close your eyes and bang your head haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Varg posted:

I dunno I'm currently liking this a lot, and yeah they own live. I agree this album was way hyped up so I hate it when that happens too but I think it's pretty good for what Nails does. Just close your eyes and bang your head haha

I think it's going to be my go to grind album for a long long time.