Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
So... turning Curie into an assaultron before doing her quest really seems to have hosed up her features. Has anyone run into this and is there a fix for it?

edit; for reference.

Mr.Grit fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Is there a way to edit dn_CommonGun without puking because having all naming rules in one place is :suicide:

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
So I installed Resurrection and started a new game.

Haven't played much yet but this is the FIRST sight I see right after exiting the vault.

Usually you can see Sanctuary Hills from top the hill.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A BUILD-YOUR-OWN VAULT DLC WHERE YOU CAN DO EXPERIMENTS?!

So, I'm all over this.

http://kotaku.com/new-fallout-4-dlc-will-let-you-build-a-vault-1781858430

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 13, 2016

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If you thought big titty mods were hip in Fallout 4 just wait until you can have them....

IN VIRTUAL REALITY

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I appreciate y'all taking the time to share your opinions on Man's Best Friend. I have decided to give it a try!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Midnight Voyager posted:

A BUILD-YOUR-OWN VAULT DLC WHERE YOU CAN DO EXPERIMENTS?!

So, I'm all over this.

http://kotaku.com/new-fallout-4-dlc-will-let-you-build-a-vault-1781858430

Meh.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Already a mod that covers some of this, but I can see why they did this. That Vault based smart phone game was a big hit. People really seem to unironically adore the Vault Tech thing despite being a crime against humanity in the Fallout universe. I guess Vault Boy is just a pugnacious little scamp!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm curious whethere they're going to somehow shoehorn "build your own vault" into the story of the game and have some insane lore justification for it or give up and just throw it in as a sandbox thing that needs no justification. I'm betting on the former, and it's going to be gloriously dumb.

I hope they don't completely replicate the iOS game mechanics with raider attacks and everything. I'd actually love a mod that lets you trigger raider attacks on your settlements to put those defenses to use, but having raiders be able to break down your vault door and raid your vault kind of flies in the face of the entire basis of Fallout lore.

Robzilla posted:

So I installed Resurrection and started a new game.

Haven't played much yet but this is the FIRST sight I see right after exiting the vault.

Usually you can see Sanctuary Hills from top the hill.

That mod looks sweet from the demo videos, but how playable is the game with that much extra foliage?

I've always found the problem with those types of mods to be that, while they make everything look great at a distance, plant rendering in modern games actually kind of still sucks close-up where you can see that it's a bunch of flat textures sticking out of the ground / branches at different angles. And it turns out to be really annoying trying to have a firefight in the middle of a bunch of plant textures obscuring everything.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 13, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'll probably buy Fallout Shelter for coffee breaks otherwise the Vault DLC is just building in what will likely be very confined caves, not very exciting to me.
I'm not crazy about the building system in the game, it's a bit of a chore.

And yeah it's pretty funny that everyone loves the idea of vaults and the little fucker used to entrap these people in them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Deakul posted:

I'll probably buy Fallout Shelter for coffee breaks otherwise the Vault DLC is just building in what will likely be very confined caves, not very exciting to me.
I'm not crazy about the building system in the game, it's a bit of a chore.

And yeah it's pretty funny that everyone loves the idea of vaults and the little fucker used to entrap these people in them.

I can't help but keep picturing that poor fuckers FEV ridden corpse in Fallout 3 and all the other people suffering in their own private hells. I guess a lot of people who play Fallout ignore the deeper lore to shoot tall green mans in face with nuke gun?

They are going to be super shocked if they play the earlier games and find out the truth.

Also, I feel really really bad for the dude doing Maxwells World now.

Entropic posted:

I'm curious whethere they're going to somehow shoehorn "build your own vault" into the story of the game and have some insane lore justification for it or give up and just throw it in as a sandbox thing that needs no justification. I'm betting on the former, and it's going to be gloriously dumb.

"Hey Smoothskin, I'm bored and know stuff about Vault Tech. Come play Vault with me."

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Entropic posted:

That mod looks sweet from the demo videos, but how playable is the game with that much extra foliage?

I've found it to be very playable so long as you accept that going into any urban area is going to net you ridiculously low FPS. I think I was getting 15 in down town Boston on a 1080. The dev says he'll optimize it eventually so here's to hoping he does a great job of it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I've found it to be very playable so long as you accept that going into any urban area is going to net you ridiculously low FPS. I think I was getting 15 in down town Boston on a 1080. The dev says he'll optimize it eventually so here's to hoping he does a great job of it.

What about the sounds? Is the bird chirps and jungle sounds (howling monkeys in Boston, really?) as annoying as they are in the video show offs?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dunno-Lars posted:

What about the sounds? Is the bird chirps and jungle sounds (howling monkeys in Boston, really?) as annoying as they are in the video show offs?

They're gone in the latest few versions.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

KakerMix posted:

(cross posting this from the Skyrim thread)

How DMCAs work is like this:

Someone (anyone regardless of who it is) files a DMCA takedown request. The host forwards it on to you, then response to this is to file a counter-DMCA and then send that to the host. The host then sends that to the person that filed the DMCA takedown and then they have to serve papers to you and take you to court.
DMCAs in the wild start and end with the request portion right at the beginning mostly because most free hosting solutions (file hosts, YouTube) assume all DMCAs are legit and cuts access to whatever is being DCMA'd immediately which then your counter-DMCA will take some amount of days to sit with no response from the person that filed the original DMCA and then the media is accessible once more. If you are paying for your hosting (like you host your own website and it gets DMCA'd) your hosting provider will get DMCA'd and forward it on to you and give you a time limit of some number of days to respond before they kill access to whatever was DMCA'd. Plenty of time to file a counter-DMCA and send that off which your host then sends to the DMCA-er and then dick-all happens because their DMCA takedown request is a copy/paste job from a google search just like your counter-DMCA is a copy/paste job from Google but at least you got rid of most of the 'this is obviously a template' bits unlike the scrublord that filed the DMCA in the first place.

Bascially Bethesda doing it this way is a very standard way of doing things especially because this mod hosting stuff is free. Just because you send off a DMCA takedown notification on a mod on their platform doesn't grant you any ownership beyond the standard stuff you get from just creating a thing in the first place, the proof part comes when you have to serve papers and go to court. Bethesda is doing the very standard Cover Your Own rear end way of doing things in case someone uploads models and textures from another game that is owned by a business that has a legal team and is very keen on protecting their trademarks. I'm also going to assume that since anyone can request a DMCA on anything (because there are zero checks) and Bethesda will simply get a request, go 'welp' and nuke access to the file right away. Protects them just in case the DMCA is real and absolves them of any guilt or responsibility.

That said, the draw of modding Bethesda games is something they've done a good job in building inherently into the system. It will take a generation or two for them to kill modding in their games from a ~emotional~ sort of view and even then I don't think they could stop people from doing it. Something with how Bethesda makes their open world games makes it a wicked sweet platform to mod into (similar to Minecraft). Bethesda doesn't give a hot poo poo about modders themselves, just the content. Today's hot modder will be forgotten immediately as soon as some other modder gets more popular, you don't have to coddle the egos of people like Mr. High-Budget polygon. You can laugh that guy out of the community and he can pout and whine and ban everyone's access to his files and someone else will come along and do a mod better and with less ego than that guy soon enough. Then, nobody will even remember that guy to begin with.

Every modder is replaceable, they aren't some sort of rare and unique resource that needs to be protected, they are just players that wanted to do a thing in their game and decided to do it and as long as you have players and you have the tools there will be mods and modders, you can tell ego-blow hards to get bent its ok.

ehhh, that's close, but not quite the way DMCA works.

Bethesda has their DMCA set up the way that they do because if they do not have it set up that way they lose their immunity to copyright infringement claims as a hosted content provider. You can thank the Scientologists for that. At least it's not as bad as ContentID (the lovely youtube system). A proper DMCA notice must contain a claim that the person submitting the notice is either the copyright owner or the CO's representative (attorney), among some other things. A DMCA notice also only applies to copyright claims, not trademarks. You are correct in that actual *proof* only exists in the litigation stage and so possibly anyone could submit false or fraudulent DMCA claims - and they do, even for stupid poo poo like Yelp reviews - but for a content host with a relatively manageable amount of content, such as the Nexus or Bethesda, auto-removal is not entirely necessary or even desirable in all cases.

Bethesda's DMCA language is here at No. 17. They do not indicate whether or not they will automatically remove material reported as infringing without contacting the party that provided the content first, but they could. They do not, however, have to do anything at all if the takedown notice doesn't exactly conform to USC 512(c)(3).

I do get fascinated with modding drama because modders have literally no clue, generally speaking, what rights they actually have as a copyright holder and what IP rights they do not have because the game developer/publisher owns the IP. I'd love to do more with this in my professional practice, but unfortunately it's usually not very lucrative. It'd be nice to work for a games developer/publisher as long as it wasn't EA. I'd have no problem going to work for Bethesda; they seem to actually care about the IP they work with rather than just see it as a cash cow. The difference between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 is absolutely astounding, even if you still hate some of the things that were done in Fallout 4 that seem to "dumb it down for consoles," or whatever.

Still not as good as Morrowind.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a mod that turns this game in to Warhammer 40k yet because with a decent power armor model and a bunch of bug spawns this would be perfect Tyranid Genocide Simulator

Veotax
May 16, 2006

If there was Games Workshop probably already C&D'd it.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Veotax posted:

If there was Games Workshop probably already C&D'd it.

And yet they have no qualms about handing out IP rights like tic tacs to any game developer willing to throw money at it. Despite only 1 or 2 games being good and the rest utter loving garbage.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeanBeansShako posted:

I can't help but keep picturing that poor fuckers FEV ridden corpse in Fallout 3 and all the other people suffering in their own private hells. I guess a lot of people who play Fallout ignore the deeper lore to shoot tall green mans in face with nuke gun?

They are going to be super shocked if they play the earlier games and find out the truth.

Also, I feel really really bad for the dude doing Maxwells World now.

"Hey Smoothskin, I'm bored and know stuff about Vault Tech. Come play Vault with me."

Do I have to be ignoring the lore to be happy at the idea of being able to shove the Longs into a mad science experiment underground?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Entropic posted:

I hope they don't completely replicate the iOS game mechanics with raider attacks and everything. I'd actually love a mod that lets you trigger raider attacks on your settlements to put those defenses to use, but having raiders be able to break down your vault door and raid your vault kind of flies in the face of the entire basis of Fallout lore.

It totally is just fallout shelter. Their trailer clearly showed raider attacks, as well as the fallout shelter side view of the vault

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm a Huge Nerd that still treats Fallout 4 like a roleplaying game and have a lot of trouble justifying why my shellshocked sole survivor with a dead family keeps doing goofy poo poo like Automatron and building Vaults. I still do it because it's fun but after a while the game just starts feeling like a content-delivery vehicle, which is what it's designed for I guess.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

Do I have to be ignoring the lore to be happy at the idea of being able to shove the Longs into a mad science experiment underground?

Marcy? sure? her brother needs real help :(.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Yeah. I wanted so much for there to be a way to help Jun out. gently caress Travis and the radio, allow me to help Jun piece himself together. And then let me take him out into the wasteland to murder his nightmares.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sorus posted:

Yeah. I wanted so much for there to be a way to help Jun out. gently caress Travis and the radio, allow me to help Jun piece himself together. And then let me take him out into the wasteland to murder his nightmares.

Yeah, that's fair. Though maybe one of the experiments involves anti-depressants.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Can nobody else download mods from nexus right now? i cant seem to even be able to access a mods 'files' tabs

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Did a new patch drop today? F4SE is telling me it's out of date with my game and won't run. How long does it usually take for a newer version of F4SE to come out after a patch?

EDIT: Grabbed build: 0.1.15, but it's still telling me it's out of date. It's probably not a good idea to play the game without a script extender if I have a heavy mod list, right?

7seven7 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 13, 2016

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

7seven7 posted:

Did a new patch drop today? F4SE is telling me it's out of date with my game and won't run. How long does it usually take for a newer version of F4SE to come out after a patch?

EDIT: Grabbed build: 0.1.15, but it's still telling me it's out of date. It's probably not a good idea to play the game without a script extender if I have a heavy mod list, right?

I ran into the same thing, and there's a build for a release version and another for the beta version. If you aren't running the beta, grab the second to last build (0.1.14 currently)

Sliparoon
May 1, 2002

Hammertime, Bitches!

7seven7 posted:

Apparently the beta vesion is for .210 and the version that they pushed is .211. I was lucky and paused the update/told Fallout to only update when launched, which appears to NOT count Mod Organizer running it.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Paper Tiger posted:

I ran into the same thing, and there's a build for a release version and another for the beta version. If you aren't running the beta, grab the second to last build (0.1.14 currently)

Cheers, but I was running 0.1.14 when I got the notification. Is there a "Disable updates for this game" option in Steam? It'd be real handy if this is going to be an issue in the future.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Deified Data posted:

I'm a Huge Nerd that still treats Fallout 4 like a roleplaying game and have a lot of trouble justifying why my shellshocked sole survivor with a dead family keeps doing goofy poo poo like Automatron and building Vaults. I still do it because it's fun but after a while the game just starts feeling like a content-delivery vehicle, which is what it's designed for I guess.

Yeah, this happens to us all when exploring Boston and sort of ignoring the storyline.

"I really should look into getting into contact with my estranged son one of these days....."

*picks up Laser musket and cosplays as George Washington*

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.
Does anyone know what combination of mods might result in these textures specifically being missing?

1) Flip lighter; 2) Pre-war equipment clipboard; 3) Pre-war vertibird chassis; 4) Postwar automobiles; 5) Prewar APC; 6) Deathclaw gauntlet; 7) Pulowski Shelter door; 8) Bus stop signage; 9) A single tile in the prewar PC's bathroom wall; 10) Power Armor HUD; 11) Pre-war vault door opening assembly; 12) The back of the Tesla magazine (edit)13) Mole rat burrows, but only part of them.

There may be more, but I'm mostly screwing around in the early game.

Here lies my load order (LOOT sorted, but no merged patch because the scary disclaimer made me uncertain), but I'm not expecting any miracles. It's more confusing than frustrating.

quote:

0 0 Fallout4.esm
1 1 DLCRobot.esm
2 2 DLCworkshop01.esm
3 3 DLCCoast.esm
4 4 ArmorKeywords.esm
5 5 Worsin's Garage.esm
6 6 LongerPowerLines3x.esp
7 7 Skibs223Pistol-AWKCR-ShopOnly.esp
8 8 zWInsanity.esp
9 9 mysteriousmagnum.esp
10 a RangerSequoiaCraft.esp
11 b AssaultPhaser.esp
12 c AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp
13 d AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp
14 e AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp
15 f EnclaveX02.esp
16 10 More Power Armour Mods.esp
17 11 More Power Armour Mods - Automatron.esp
18 12 More Power Armour Mods - X-02.esp
19 13 WIPAG - Mod Overhaul.esp
20 14 Jetpacks Unlimited Master.esp
21 15 JU Original (Compact).esp
22 16 Enclave Officer.esp
23 17 LegendaryModification.esp
24 18 WBO.esp
25 19 LegendaryModification2LM.esp
26 1a LegendaryModification2LMAKPatch.esp
27 1b LegendaryModificationMisc.esp
28 1c LegendaryModification - DLC Far Harbor.esp
29 1d LegendaryModification - DLC Far Harbor (2LM).esp
30 1e JetPackDrain50.esp
31 1f PowerArmorDrain50.esp
32 20 CCOFO4 - Traits and More Perks.esp
33 21 The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
34 22 MoBettaScrap.esp
35 23 Armorsmith Extended.esp
36 24 Armorsmith Automatron.esp
37 25 Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp
38 26 WBO-Automatron.esp
39 27 WBO-LegendaryMod2LM.esp
40 28 WIPAG - Paint Garage - Full (Hard).esp
41 29 WIPAG - Decal Station.esp
42 2a WIPAG - Materials Overhaul.esp
43 2b WIPAG - Model-X.esp
44 2c WIPAG - Super Patch AKW.esp
45 2d BetterSettlers.esp
46 2e BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp
47 2f BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp
48 30 BetterSettlersMortalPack.esp
49 31 SettlersRename.esp
50 32 Insignificant Object Remover.esp

And the full list of mods:

quote:

Armorsmith Extended (plus Automatron and Fah Hahbah compatibility patches)
Enclave Officer Uniform
Enclave X-02 Power Armor
Legendary Modification (Plus Fah Hahbah DLC compatibility)
Customizeable Power Armor and Jetpack Drain
Longer Power Lines
More Power Armour Mods (plus Automatron and Enclave compatibility)
AWKCR
Jetpacks Unlimited
Lore-Friendly Ghoul Eyes
Eyes of Beauty Fallout Edition
Better Settlers
Don't Call Me Settler
Insignificant Object Remover
Traits and More Perks
Mo Betta Scrap
Wearable Backpacks and Pouches
Worsin's Immersive Power Armor Garage (plus styles 1-4 and Jetpack textures)
Full Dialogue Interface (Plus Automatron and Fah Hahbah compatibility)
.223 Pistol
Celtic Katana
Mysterious Magnum
Ranger Sequoia
Assault Phaser
Weapon Balance Overhaul

Plotac 75 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 13, 2016

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Plotac 75 posted:

Here lies my load order (LOOT sorted, but no merged patch because the scary disclaimer made me uncertain), but I'm not expecting any miracles. It's more confusing than frustrating.

If you've got missing textures it might not be an esp file doing it. There are plenty of texture replacer mods which don't use esp's at all. You should post your full modlist, rather than just the loadorder.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah, this happens to us all when exploring Boston and sort of ignoring the storyline.

"I really should look into getting into contact with my estranged son one of these days....."

*picks up Laser musket and cosplays as George Washington*

The most annoying thing about the fallout 4 story (apart from it being bad) is that it gives your character way too urgent and specific a backstory.

I mean in Skyrim there's that Live Another Life mod that lets you choose your starting circumstances in game from a bunch of options, like you're a hunter in the woods, or you were shipwrecked, or you're already a novice member in one of the guilds, etc. which lets you wander around doing whatever until you decide to go start the main quest. But you couldn't really do that for this game because the main quest isn't something that would make sense to encounter randomly partway into the game.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Nevets posted:

If you've got missing textures it might not be an esp file doing it. There are plenty of texture replacer mods which don't use esp's at all. You should post your full modlist, rather than just the loadorder.

I've gone and added that list as well.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

ehhh, that's close, but not quite the way DMCA works.

Bethesda has their DMCA set up the way that they do because if they do not have it set up that way they lose their immunity to copyright infringement claims as a hosted content provider. You can thank the Scientologists for that. At least it's not as bad as ContentID (the lovely youtube system). A proper DMCA notice must contain a claim that the person submitting the notice is either the copyright owner or the CO's representative (attorney), among some other things. A DMCA notice also only applies to copyright claims, not trademarks. You are correct in that actual *proof* only exists in the litigation stage and so possibly anyone could submit false or fraudulent DMCA claims - and they do, even for stupid poo poo like Yelp reviews - but for a content host with a relatively manageable amount of content, such as the Nexus or Bethesda, auto-removal is not entirely necessary or even desirable in all cases.

Bethesda's DMCA language is here at No. 17. They do not indicate whether or not they will automatically remove material reported as infringing without contacting the party that provided the content first, but they could. They do not, however, have to do anything at all if the takedown notice doesn't exactly conform to USC 512(c)(3).

I do get fascinated with modding drama because modders have literally no clue, generally speaking, what rights they actually have as a copyright holder and what IP rights they do not have because the game developer/publisher owns the IP. I'd love to do more with this in my professional practice, but unfortunately it's usually not very lucrative. It'd be nice to work for a games developer/publisher as long as it wasn't EA. I'd have no problem going to work for Bethesda; they seem to actually care about the IP they work with rather than just see it as a cash cow. The difference between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 is absolutely astounding, even if you still hate some of the things that were done in Fallout 4 that seem to "dumb it down for consoles," or whatever.

Still not as good as Morrowind.

Apologies, I didn't mean to say it like I knew what this stuff was like in the real world, all my experience is Minecraft modding and being DMCA'd multiple times over the years. The only contact I have with DMCAs is the superfluous kind.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

7seven7 posted:

Only mods that specifically need f4se would be affected.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You know which minor faction NPC's need a revamp/reskin?

The Goodneighbor guys working for Hancock. We've already got the generic pseudo Gangster Triggermen.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Plotac 75 posted:

Does anyone know what combination of mods might result in these textures specifically being missing?

1) Flip lighter; 2) Pre-war equipment clipboard; 3) Pre-war vertibird chassis; 4) Postwar automobiles; 5) Prewar APC; 6) Deathclaw gauntlet; 7) Pulowski Shelter door; 8) Bus stop signage; 9) A single tile in the prewar PC's bathroom wall; 10) Power Armor HUD; 11) Pre-war vault door opening assembly; 12) The back of the Tesla magazine (edit)13) Mole rat burrows, but only part of them.

There may be more, but I'm mostly screwing around in the early game.

And the full list of mods:
If you use Mod Organizer I know it tells you what conflicts there are with mods so you can tell which files a mod would "overwrite."
The fact that Mod Organizer keeps every mod you 'install' in it's own separate folder, you're able to remove whatever texture from that mod that may be overwriting those textures.

I'm amazed I've haven't been using Mod Organizer until now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

7seven7 posted:

Cheers, but I was running 0.1.14 when I got the notification. Is there a "Disable updates for this game" option in Steam? It'd be real handy if this is going to be an issue in the future.

There used to be one, but that option was removed completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Entropic posted:

The most annoying thing about the fallout 4 story (apart from it being bad) is that it gives your character way too urgent and specific a backstory.

I mean in Skyrim there's that Live Another Life mod that lets you choose your starting circumstances in game from a bunch of options, like you're a hunter in the woods, or you were shipwrecked, or you're already a novice member in one of the guilds, etc. which lets you wander around doing whatever until you decide to go start the main quest. But you couldn't really do that for this game because the main quest isn't something that would make sense to encounter randomly partway into the game.

Yeah, Bethesda has made this gently caress up in both of their Fallout games. They keep finding ways for the Fallout protagonist to be invested in the main quest, but not ways for the player to be invested in the quest or the character. Which is loving weird, because the TES games loving excel at giving you a totally blankslate to be a character in. Fallout just keeps giving you a reason to be drawn out of your character because MY BABY SHAWN SHAWN SHAWN SHAWN SHAWN SHAWN!

Voiced protagonists were the worst idea.

Also, FWIW, Vaul-tek wasn't inherently evil, it was just co-opted by The Enclave at some point in it's lifepsan, because the Enclave figured that armageddon was inevitable and that space colonization was pretty much America's only hope. So they used the vaults to test how people would react in various situations and to certain stresses. This is why Vault 15 was full of a bunch of different ethnicities, nationalities, and creeds and what not to see how they'd all get along in such tight circumstances. V13 was to see how people would act under the impression they'd never leave. Bakersfield's vault had a faulty door. Vault City's vault was a control vault that sealed up for like 90 years and then came out into the Wasteland. Some Vaults also had some Experiments going on under similar logic. Vault 22 in FNV was experimenting with various plants and plant growing stuff under similar auspices. Whether to breed plants for the reclamation of America or the colonization of an alien world. V22 wasn't even supposed to be that bad or anything, but complications from the experiment lead to the death of everyone inside it.

E: is there a way to roll back my FO4 install or am I just stuck waiting for F4SE to update so I can play it?

God I loving hate automatic updates.