Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pomp posted:

no, but to be honest almost nobody plays guilty gear ranked. The average skill level is crazy low, and bo1 is really unsatisfying in general.

Well, I sure didn't notice. I am getting my rear end kicked everywhere.

Seriously though, so it is mostly getting together and playing in a Player Lobby and/or friends?

Also, what is bo1?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
best of one

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Unlucky7 posted:

Well, I sure didn't notice. I am getting my rear end kicked everywhere.

Seriously though, so it is mostly getting together and playing in a Player Lobby and/or friends?

Also, what is bo1?

Xrd ranks are so meaningless it's kinda comical. When I started I was scared of doing sets against people with high ranks until I realised that the talent level there has pretty drat near the same distribution as the army of rank 1's (that kick my rear end on the reg) that I usually played.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jimmy Olsen for Injustice 2 or bust.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Paging Brosnan, Paging Brosnan

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/742420328203227136

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Brosnan? The gently caress cares about Brosnan right now? Tekken 7 on PC? Hell yeah!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

2017? 2017!? What is this disgrace!? Haraaada :argh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's early 2017 sir

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4h8o4pWECI

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

im so glad that every other company is looking at capcom and doing the absolute opposite. tekken is even doing street fighter better than street fighter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Will it be cross play?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is there much word on if Akuma is actually any good or fun to play in T7? Like will we be looking back at all the hype over Akumas inclusion after a few years and laugh because everybody just plays Shaheen Lucky Chloe?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

i don't even play tekken and this trailer is so loving dope

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont care about tekken but goddammit harada is way better at this than anyone else besides arcsys

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

2017? 2017!? What is this disgrace!? Haraaada :argh:

Do you really want Street Fighter V all over again, because that's what you would've gotten if the game released this year. Ono could a learn a lot from Harada about measuring expectations and creating a realistic time table.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 13, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FanaticalMilk posted:

Do you really want Street Fighter V all over again, because that's what you would've gotten if the game released this year. Ono could a learn a lot from Harada about measuring expectations and creating a realistic time table.

Hareda only releases on console when everything is done. Like he hates dlc

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Harada is a hero

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rewatched the trailer the perspective of the video makes me think that the VR implimentation that harada has talked about is for the story mode and not actually as insane as it sounded last year

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

rewatched the trailer the perspective of the video makes me think that the VR implimentation that harada has talked about is for the story mode and not actually as insane as it sounded last year

I can't imagine they're doing anything more than using the tech they've made with Summer Lesson and throwing some Tekken assets in it.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

FanaticalMilk posted:

I can't imagine they're doing anything more than using the tech they've made with Summer Lesson and throwing some Tekken assets in it.

I'm going to date jack5

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
brosnan's gonna date marduk

oh wait

he's not in the game

guess he'll just have to settle for gigas

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Finally I will be able to date both Lili and Asuka as god intended

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Finally I will be able to date both Lili and Asuka as god intended

And you can teach them to throw tech!!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I sure hope the gear that straight up modifies the mechanics in Injustice 2 is disabled for multiplayer.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Lemon-Lime posted:

I sure hope the gear that straight up modifies the mechanics in Injustice 2 is disabled for multiplayer.

Of course that will be turned off with an option in player matches, ranked will be all items all the time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

somehow the thing that pisses me off about this isn't even RNG gear in the multiplayer, it's 4.63%. .63%? gently caress off

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

somehow the thing that pisses me off about this isn't even RNG gear in the multiplayer, it's 4.63%. .63%? gently caress off

How much do you want to be that the value is randomly rolled within a range, Diablo-style, when the gear drops? :allears:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

gently caress yessss.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure is a fun game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to be the most successful fighting game since ST

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing people love more than super heroes is loot, and opening loot crates for a nominal fee

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hero battle game will be the freshest new genre

In Training posted:

It's going to be the most successful fighting game since ST

Cant wait to see how it goes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well it will probably be surpassed by the League of Legends reskin of Rising Thunder

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Casual fighting game designed to appeal to super hero fans and people who like single player includes casual game mechanic, oh wow.

It's kinda like a CS player raging at unlocks in COD. You can do it if you really want to, but we ain't the target audience. It's low hanging fruit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think loot is bad for casual players too

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Endorph posted:

Yeah, but they don't know that

maxmandude
Apr 16, 2013

Endorph posted:

When the main purpose is to keep them playing for much longer than they normally would, it ain't bad.
Besides, you can turn off stats on gear if you want anyways, so...

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
tournaments of that are gonna be smash levels of rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

This got posted in the SFV thread but I don't think anyone posted it here, anyways, SFV producer said the 8 frames of lag were an intentional choice, and then Spooky speculated this was to create greater parity between the online and offline experiences. gently caress Capcom, they don't deserve to have the privilege to create another Darkstalkers game, outsource it to ArcSys.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...oichi-sugiyama/