Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

IMDB posted:

The fairies live in a peaceful place in the forest called Fern Gully which has been protected for many years by Magi, a wise fairy with strong powers. Her grand-daughter Crysta is a charming, beautiful fairy that is very intrigued about the world outside of Fern Gully. She along with the other fairies in the forest do not believe humans exist and are only in stories, until a crazy bat by the name of Batty, comes and tells them all these crazy stories about how he was captured by humans and experimented on. At first no one believes him except Crysta and she is determined to find out if humans are real. She goes to a place called Mount Warning, where the evil shadow of destruction Hexxus is known to be trapped, and finds a human named Zak. When he is almost crushed by a tree Crysta accidently shrinks him to fairy-size and he falls on a tree that is about to be devoured by "The Leveller". "The Leveller" is a wood cutting machine that has been cutting down every tree the humans have been putting red Xs on. Crysta saves Zak from "The Leveller" which she thinks is just a monster but she cannot properly un-shrink him. To avoid her being mad at him Zak tells her that the red Xs keep the monster back instead of what they are really there for, which is to pick which trees to cut down. They decide to take Zak to Magi so she can un-shrink him, on the way Zak sees the forest really for the first time with all its beauty and life. Back toward Mount Warning the humans have accidently released Hexxus who is set on destroying Fern Gully, he uses "The Leveller" to cut down all the trees to Fern Gully. When Crysta, Zak and Batty make it back to Fern Gully the fairies cannot believe the Zak is really a human and they all excited to see him and learn about him. The only one who is truly worried is Magi, she goes to check on the path to Fern Gully and sees that it is beginning destroyed and Hexxus is coming this way. She shows Crysta the red Xs and tells her the trees cannot be saved. With Hexxus drawing closer and closer to Fern Gully, Magi calls for all the fairies to come around to tells them of the danger. She uses the last of her magic to try and protect Fern Gully.

Based on Forest Fire, 9 players, Open.
Roles:

Firefighter x 1

quote:

Welcome to Ferngully!

You love nature, and trees, and things that are green. The sight of the forest outside of your home fills you with joy. In fact, if the whole thing went up in smoke and flames you might just consider suicide. Dang, you better keep your eyes open...never know what might happen...

You are a Firefighter, and aligned with the Forest. You may post in the thread and vote as you see fit. Your additional abilities are listed below.

Abilities
Fire Prevention: Each night phase you may choose one other player to douse with water. The doused player will be immune to being primed for ignition during that night phase.

Win Condition
You win when only Forest aligned players are left alive.

Tree x 6

quote:

Welcome to Ferngully!

Your leaves are green, your roots are long, and the creatures of the forest marvel at your very sight. Your life is simple, and quite frankly, that's exactly how you like it. Kind of makes you wonder though...how long will things stay that way?

You are a Tree, and aligned with the Forest. You may post in the thread and vote as you see fit. Your additional abilities are listed below.

Abilities

Stumped: Upon being lynched you become Tree-stumped. This means you will still be allowed to post in the thread, but you will not have a vote. Being killed in any other way overrides this ability, and will cause you to be removed from the game.

Win Condition
You win when only Forest aligned players are left alive.

Arsonist x 2

quote:

Welcome to Ferngully!

You hate nature, and trees, and things that are green. The sight of the forest outside of your home fills you with disgust. In fact, if the whole thing went up in smoke and flames you wouldn't be bothered one bit. Actually....that kind of sounds like a good idea...

You are an Arsonist, along with your partner [Player Name]. You may post in the thread and vote as you see fit. Your additional abilities are listed below.

Abilities
Factional Communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner [url=]here[/url].

Factional Pyrotechnics: Each night phase either you or your partner may take one and only one of the the following actions:
Prime a target for ignition by dousing them with gasoline.
Ignite all previously primed targets by lighting them on fire and thus killing them.

Win Condition
You win when only Arsonist aligned players are left alive, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

General Rules: (Stolen from Podima)
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick.
  • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but the thread will be closed when the flip is posted.
  • Days will be ~24-36 hours (or more, depending on weekends) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
  • Votes will be by majority, and no-lynches are possible.
  • New players welcome!
Player List:
  1. Adahn1986
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. dongsbot 9000
  4. Infinitum
  5. Li Dawny
  6. Max
  7. Moatillata
  8. Murmur Twin
  9. Quidnose

Juchero fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
help i lost my keys

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

help i lost my keys

i can't help you with that but in this game you can shitpost after you get lynched!!!!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm here!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ok, cool!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Should I play in this game?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

REDLIGHT

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://youtu.be/Cho039BrHpg

OK, I guess I won't play. Looks like fun!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

https://youtu.be/Cho039BrHpg

OK, I guess I won't play. Looks like fun!

You should play!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh poo poo, that's right, you can be a stump.

Yes, I will play.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
this game is going to be very fun for all ages much like real ferngully

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

If dongsbot will be nice to me I will play.

Will you be nice to me, dongsbot???

e: also if AR will let me since i bailed on his Ramen game. I won't bail this time!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

e: also if AR will let me since i bailed on his Ramen game. I won't bail this time!

I am looking forward to playing with you!

My friend and I have been flooding Overwatch with lots of positivity, and I'm trying to bring that into my life in general. I promise I will very likely probably not engage in a giant multi page slapfight.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Quidnose posted:

after i was mean 2 u, a new u that was 1000% worse came into existence

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

also my car got totaled

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i really monkeypaw'd the poo poo out of that 1

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidnose posted:

Not a problem!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So when do we start setting poo poo on fire? I mean what? Shut up.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Li Dawny posted:

So when do we start setting poo poo on fire? I mean what? Shut up.

3 more players!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I like the flavor of this game too much not to play in it, put me in

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
If theres.room I want to be the guy that can't walk that falls in love with the blue cat lady

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I, too, in the spirit of Max, will attempt to be very positive but analytical in this game~

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I, too, in the spirit of Aussie sarcasm, will attempt to be extremely cynical and joke posty in this game~

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why would you want to do that, Inf?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Looks like Drawrof is wrapping up (at least for me) so I'll be here to annoy dongsbot. And also play.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Looks like Drawrof is wrapping up (at least for me) so I'll be here to annoy dongsbot. And also play.

:no comment:

Should be fun!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
All full!

Pms going out shortly.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

All full!

Pms going out shortly.

woo~!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000, Infinitum, Li Dawny, Max, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Quidnose

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 16th, 2016 at 2:39 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
All PMs have been sent, day one begins!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote Moat

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yay, I'm a tree! Since dongs will probably try and get me lynched that probably means I'll get stumped and can continually harass him at my leisure.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

##vote Moat

Somebody read the scum doc lol

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Yup.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

It's just cuz it rhymes dood

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Nah, that's just a bonus.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming I'm wood.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

:negative:

Listen.. I'm sure we can all work through this game in a positive cooperative manner and find the scum

*Sound of chainsaw being revved*

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

:negative:

Listen.. I'm sure we can all work through this game in a positive cooperative manner and find the scum

*Sound of chainsaw being revved*

Found the scum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I hate jokephase, after standing resolute in the Forest for decades I've heard all the jokes. Who's trying to ruin us? Come clean.

• Locked thread