Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

TTerrible posted:

I tuned in just in time to see him have his meltdown.

A+++

please describe

starkebn fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
It goes right back to my own statement. It's impossible to actually play Star Citizen. It is only possible to suffer through it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Sandi is going to be a lady of a certain age and that's still going to be her profile picture. That's the way Gary Oldman will be immortalized.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

thatguy posted:

Do people actually buy those $600 "gaming" chairs?

Well, people buy 1500$ jpgs of ships, so

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
CIG or RSI or whoever the gently caress it is this week ought to stop taking money off people, consolidate their workforce and gently caress off for a couple of years and actually build a game, and come back with something resembling what was pitched.

Failing that they need to come clean about the engine problems and networking problems that no one wants to talk about for fear of somebody loosing their career.

It's a loving con.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4nyadr/so_even_after_promised_star_citizen_dropped_out_a/d480m4h

all you have to do is remove the "I" and the "and" and Chris didn't break his promise :downs:

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 14, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

starkebn posted:

please describe

He was just done with the whole thing. His ship self destructed for no reason, his character floating down to the space station, then he got shot by someone that wasn't being rendered. Then he facepalmed while waiting for the getting out of bed animation to complete, ran around a bit, got shot again by someone that wasn't being rendered, then his friend asked him "did you not see me I was right beside you", then the getting out of bed animation happened again for no reason, and then he was just done, blamed goons, and ended the stream.

$115 million scam. They can't build it and it's probably past time for them to come clean.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4nyadr/so_even_after_promised_star_citizen_dropped_out_a/d480m4h

all you have to do is remove the "I" and the "and" and Chris didn't break his promise :downs:

I'll wait for someone from CIG's community team to come in and clarify everything.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

"Next year I'll be at the conference....I look forward to showing you things from Star Citizen and Squadron 42"

definitely doesn't sound like he intended to suggest he'd be showing things. :psyduck:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Sandi is going to be a lady of a certain age and that's still going to be her profile picture. That's the way Gary Oldman will be immortalized.

Nah, it'll just go back to this one from the age she still claims to be:

When in reality:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

And the angel will blow the trumpet :gary: and the waters will turn bitter, and Chris will descend with a sword in His mouth and smite down all the devils and the goons and cast the Beast and all it's followers into the BC3000AD universe.

e: these guys are :salt:, not one but two-threads-two about the Elite forums.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Nah, it'll just go back to this one from the age she still claims to be:

When in reality:

That office looks horrible to work in

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

And the angel will blow the trumpet :gary: and the waters will turn bitter, and Chris will descend with a sword in His mouth and smite down all the devils and the goons and cast the Beast and all it's followers into the BC3000AD universe.

So it's eschatological horror and it turns out Heaven is just as bad if not worse than Hell and everyone was hosed since day 1?

Sounds legit.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

Particularly when the witch is about

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Viscous Soda posted:

WTFOSAURUS' stream in a nutshell:

Seriously it's been like 10 minutes of this with his expression slowly getting angrier.

He's hosting a bearded dude building IKEA furniture. Did he give up on the BDSSGE?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

drat sandi's judge doom cosplay is on point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OquSczOMkO4

remember when I stole your money eddie? I shilled just. like. THIIIIIIS

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 14, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

He was just done with the whole thing. His ship self destructed for no reason, his character floating down to the space station, then he got shot by someone that wasn't being rendered. Then he facepalmed while waiting for the getting out of bed animation to complete, ran around a bit, got shot again by someone that wasn't being rendered, then his friend asked him "did you not see me I was right beside you", then the getting out of bed animation happened again for no reason, and then he was just done, blamed goons, and ended the stream.

$115 million scam. They can't build it and it's probably past time for them to come clean.

He got all whinny "please if you're invisible don't shoot me, it's not fun :saddowns:" and the other guys correctly pointed out "not fun for you :v:" and he got all pissy, delivered a "see banned goons, this is what you get if you make me mad" sick burn and left.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Seriously. Dude couldn't get Star Citizen to work, so he's hosting someone else playing Star Citizen, but they couldn't get it to work, so they're hosting someone else playing Star Citizen, but they're actually assembling a bookshelf instead of playing Star Citizen.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
"I mean, I want to play star citizen but I haven't rearranged my sock drawer in a dogs age..."

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

I Greyhound posted:

Seriously. Dude couldn't get Star Citizen to work, so he's hosting someone else playing Star Citizen, but they couldn't get it to work, so they're hosting someone else playing Star Citizen, but they're actually assembling a bookshelf instead of playing Star Citizen.

Chris just found his next new feature. 2.5 will have furniture* that you can buy with credits for your hanger and ship.

*furniture may cause player to go into t-pose

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ramadu posted:

Are you kidding?

There are opportunities everywhere to nestle yourself in the softness of a vintage bomber jacket seat as you're hugged in aluminum accented, aerodynamic curves dotted with exposed steel screws, each element reinforcing a sense of flyboy swagger formerly known to only the most daring of dogfighters in World War II...

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SomethingJones posted:

You know what, if the loving thing was any good Goons would be the first people trying to get in there with him. One thing I've learnt is that the posters on here and in the Discord chat are gamers in all sorts of diverse genres, everyone loves and is into their games. I've had some brilliant chats about games with disagreements and all sorts of stuff, and I've found everyone here to be passionate about it. Chats about games from the Amiga days, the ZX Spectrum days, flight sim guys, 4x games... you name it. People who remember the Amiga demo scene coders, loving brilliant, there's your gamers right there, there's the people who would be raving about Star Citizen and playing it and telling everyone about it.

But you CAN'T actually play Star Citizen, there's nothing to actually talk about, it's loving awful. Those twitch guys did their absolute best there to put something together for Star Citizen fans to watch and it was just a total embarrassment.
Shitizens would rather buy into the narrative that we hate Star Citizen because it isn't being made the way "we" want, i.e. a griefer's paradise like EVE because actually admitting that prioritizing the development of shoe stores instead of STAR SYSTEMS TO FLY TO would shatter the illusion that they totally didn't throw thousands of dollars down the toilet that is CIG.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
This poor bloke again

He eventually gets into the game and then someone (not a goon) asked him what he thinks about CIG not releasing their financials.

It's a tough, thankless job being a Star Citizen streamer, the controversies follow it everywhere.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I Greyhound posted:

please give me money so i can go to an event by the people who i gave all my money to for a broken rear end piece of poo poo that i can't even get working long enough to stream so i can get viewers to give me money

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 14, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Danakir posted:

So it's eschatological horror and it turns out Heaven is just as bad if not worse than Hell and everyone was hosed since day 1?

Sounds legit.

Imagine this, spinning around and glitching all the time. A choir of angels paaarping, the truly devout are allowed to join in. For all eternity.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
LMAO this guy gets called by his wife to help make the dinner in the middle of streaming Star Citizen

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

I imagine it's hard to change profile pictures from jail, right?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

e: these guys are :salt:, not one but two-threads-two about the Elite forums.

:gary:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I Greyhound posted:

There are better odds of hot PvP action in this twitch. They're going for the sexual tension angle now.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

After a weekend of playing FFXIV's new patch, I saw there were 2k new posts. "Okay, I'll read the first few pages then skip to the end."

First page I read: new TOS. "Welp, never mind then! :shepface:"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Also MoMA is Toast. Even if he's not.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Someone is literally preferring to put together a bookshelf than stream the game he is meant to be playing.
I just cannot deal with this daily comedy :lol:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SirPhoebos posted:

Also MoMA is Toast. Even if he's not.

:agreed: MoMA is Toast

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I mean, come on

:laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ooops, refreshed

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
When does infinite warfare appear at E3?

I'm getting pumped for Ghost Recon wildlands(?). Open world cartel take down? Could be fun.

Titanfall 2 looks like exciting gameplay and Battlefield 1 looked awesome.

Meanwhile, the CIG fan has to defend that poo poo.

Also, Gorf, where's the Andromeda? That was a disappointment.

Finally, anyone want to hear a summary of the talks I attended at the aerospace conference?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

Someone is literally preferring to put together a bookshelf than stream the game he is meant to be playing.
I just cannot deal with this daily comedy :lol:

I've been watching these streams for half an hour and honestly it's killing me, I can't breathe

The guys who are taking it really seriously and trying to do the mission at the satellite, loving ship just disappears in the middle of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

I've been watching these streams for half an hour and honestly it's killing me, I can't breathe

The guys who are taking it really seriously and trying to do the mission at the satellite, loving ship just disappears in the middle of it

The more serious they are the funnier it is, this is 100% the reason why IIN are hilarious to me with their little news desk and chin stroking discussions ha ha

• Locked thread