Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I really liked ORC and would gladly buy another. Hopefully it has a little more polish but I had a blast playing as Chameleon Eyes.

Granted like most things in the RE series I would rather it involve dinosaurs than zombies though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Policenaut posted:

I find it really weird that Capcom has this strange obsession with trying weird Resident Evil spinoffs with digital distribution releases and a penchant for DLC but they still haven't gone and done a standalone Mercenaries game on console. Like I look at Umbrella Corps and I'm like "Oh, okay, cool I guess?" but if Capcom were like "YO FOR TWENTY BUCKS WE HAVE THIS HUGE rear end MERCS GAME AND CHECK OUT ALL THESE MODES AND poo poo" and I'd probably be down for it.

oh Mercenaries 3D, you were too beautiful for the non-handheld world :smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why did they give us a game with Barry where he shows up loaded with weapons and acting like he's ready for a fight only have him show up with dick for bullets and make it reliant on stealth kills? Who decided this was a good fun idea?

Also you guys where right Natalia is garbage compared to Moira.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Natalia's basically Barry's radar unit, so she's much less satisfying to play as than the Crowbar Assassin.

Barry shows up to the island with what would be a standard amount of ammunition for an actual operative in the field, since bullets are heavy. The problem is that he's in a video game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Len posted:

Why did they give us a game with Barry where he shows up loaded with weapons and acting like he's ready for a fight only have him show up with dick for bullets and make it reliant on stealth kills? Who decided this was a good fun idea?

Also you guys where right Natalia is garbage compared to Moira.

I was thinking this recently after making another attempt to finish the game. He's got every weapon under the sun and the game gives you like 2 bullets for each.

I still can't finish Revelations 2. it's such a bad game. I've tried like 5 times now and I still have 2 chapters left.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I had no problem with ammo and in fact was constantly overflowing with ammo. I didn't even do any stealth. It's like I played a completely different game or something.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Wanderer posted:

Natalia's basically Barry's radar unit, so she's much less satisfying to play as than the Crowbar Assassin.

Barry shows up to the island with what would be a standard amount of ammunition for an actual operative in the field, since bullets are heavy. The problem is that he's in a video game.

And you will need many bullets.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Never had problems with ammo but the environments kind of suck.

Raid mode was the biggest disappointment. Waay too predictable and formulaic.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Also probably the most annoying DLC implementation I can remember. Seriously, NINE loving DLCs jusy to marginally increase storage capacity for Raid mode :argh:

Also gently caress those invisible, flying bugs. No fun at all

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So according to rumours The Evil Within might get a sequel. Hoping that's true because the original was the best RE game since RE4.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

So according to rumours The Evil Within might get a sequel. Hoping that's true because the original was the best RE game since RE4.

I like Evil Within well enough and would definitely get a sequel, but I wouldn't say it's even close to RE5.

Evil Within just wasn't focused enough. It's like he shot a movie without an editor and every single brainstorming idea got put into it. Parts of it did certainly feel like the original RE4 that never got made, but there were also parts that were almost carbon copies of RE4, Silent Hill, and anything else on his mind. It just needed to be a little tighter, otherwise I did enjoy the poo poo out of it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh that's awesome. I played through The Evil Within last year on PS4 after they finally patched out those weird black bars on the top/bottom of the screen and loved it. (I even played the dumb difficulty where you die in one hit) I thought it got kind of mediocre reviews so I wasn't expecting a sequel

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wonder if Mikami would be directing a theoretical Evil Within 2. He said it was his final project as a director, which might explain why it feels like a greatest-hits reel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh that's awesome. I played through The Evil Within last year on PS4 after they finally patched out those weird black bars on the top/bottom of the screen and loved it. (I even played the dumb difficulty where you die in one hit) I thought it got kind of mediocre reviews so I wasn't expecting a sequel

Did the patch improve the abysmal PS4 framerate?

Also it was fairly early in the current console releases and had 'from the director of RE4!' going for it so it probably did better than the mediocre reviews suggest.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 8, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Did the patch improve the abysmal PS4 framerate?

Also it was fairly early in the current console releases and had 'from the director of RE4!' going for it so it probably did better than the mediocre reviews suggest.

I think they patched the framerate at some point, it seemed ok to me. I think I have a really bad eye for that kind of thing in general though so I'm not really sure. Framerate problems never really bother me but they seem to be a massive dealbreaker for some people (Maybe it's because I don't play games on PC)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I very rarely do but I can tell when something is dropping from 30 to 20 and TEW did that a lot

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 JUST ANNOUNCED AT SONY E3

ACTUALLY SCARY LOOKING, FULL PS VR COMPATIBLITY, DEMO TONIGHT

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyEuueRY6I

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That is an amazing logo.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
That's not Resident Evil. That looks really bad, and another music video when there should have been some proper "game." The VR craze is hitting hard and hitting where it hurts.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm assuming you can play it in 3rd person without VR or something

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
Sure looking like a nice Condemned 3 trailer.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mountain Lightning posted:

Sure looking like a nice Condemned 3 demo.

I was just thinking that!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea gently caress everything related to VR in that presentation, I hope its an actual game instead of spooky walking simulator.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

We all full well know by act two and three of this game it will be full out Resident Evil Wesker boulder punching poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It might be a change to the series. Re 1-3 were the old style tank stuff then 4-6 had the action tones. Maybe they decided to change it up again

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Yea gently caress everything related to VR in that presentation, I hope its an actual game instead of spooky walking simulator.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong I want to RE to return to horror but I want a nice balance of action/horror. Hope it's not a haunted house game for sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good job the demo is out today so we can find out.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I got stuck relatively early in Evil Within when I ran out of bullets. Too used to the new games, man, Rambo my way through.

Legitimately thinking I will be too scared to play 7, especially in VR though I have no intentions of jumping on that bandwagon any time soon.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
I wouldn't mind going back to at least some of the old survival horror style. I like having to worry about my ammo and health in the older games, as opposed to RE4-6, where the only conservation I had to do was 'Don't huff herbs when I get scratched' and the potion-syndrome I get with power weapon ammo (magnum and the better grenades) where I don't want to use it on anything but bosses but invariably end the game with like thirty magnum rounds unused. Seriously, you get way too much ammo in the later games unless you go out of your way to gimp yourself or you have laughably bad accuracy.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Policenaut posted:

RESIDENT EVIL 7 JUST ANNOUNCED AT SONY E3

ACTUALLY SCARY LOOKING, FULL PS VR COMPATIBLITY, DEMO TONIGHT

get it before capcom self destructs, rage quits the industry, and redacts the demo forever.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

When does the demo go live?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
It's all first person.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi/blog/2016/06/13/resident-evil-7-biohazard-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-fear

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I liked that trailer but it didn't seem particularly Resident Evil-y to me? I'm very intrigued though. I like the idea of a swampy setting too.

Edit: ^^ Interesting, wasn't the last time the series went first-person the Survivor games?

catlord fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 14, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

catlord posted:

Edit: ^^ Interesting, wasn't the last time the series went first-person the Survivor games?

It cant possibly be that bad.

Apparently its set in modern day after RE6, figured it would be back around or even before 1 given the sort of artifacts seen in the trailer. Says "rural America" (see link above), maybe its some kinda Texas Chainsaw Massacre locale.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If it's just a first person horror thing I'll still play it because I'm a sucker for those, but goddamn I just want a nice evolution of RE4 with a kickass mercenaries mode. I hope it at least manages to be pretty gamey and not just an Outlast type game. Guess we may or may not get an idea once this demo is up.

catlord posted:

Chronicles. Which was a non lovely version of gun survivor or whatever. They were still just light gun games and not proper entries though. I enjoyed them quite a bit.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

codo27 posted:

It cant possibly be that bad.

Apparently its set in modern day after RE6, figured it would be back around or even before 1 given the sort of artifacts seen in the trailer. Says "rural America" (see link above), maybe its some kinda Texas Chainsaw Massacre locale.

Main guy better be a Leatherface clone if this is the case. Like, we had chainsaw guys as regular mooks right? Well what if we had one be the bad guy for the game?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Nemesis was way better than Chainsaw Dude. I hope its somehow Nemesis even though I know it wont be.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Well there goes any interest I had in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

widespread posted:

Main guy better be a Leatherface clone if this is the case. Like, we had chainsaw guys as regular mooks right? Well what if we had one be the bad guy for the game?

You know I didn't even think about the potato sack heads when I wrote that. I've been around forever so when I first saw trailers for 4 I was like nope, dont like it, too big a departure (even though 3 was meh for me and CV was even bigger meh, that I still have never beaten) and then of course it turned out to be the best game of its era. Pending reaction to the demo I'm gonna have to go to my brothers' tomorrow and try it out.