Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Just to be sure, Person 5 is still coming out for PS3, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

HD remake of old one. Like they redid it from scratch, added new weapons etc IIRC. its on the wiki list I posted

Its weirder than that. Its like 50-70% the first Ratchet and Clank, then its new endgame content to better match the movie that bombed's plot.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

smell this posted:

Yes

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I dunno know any of you are excited for Nintendo, they announced ages ago exactly which games would be there, and said there wouldn't be surprises.

Its Zelda, Pokemon Mobile, Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII and the SMT game thats not Persona 5 so nobody cares..

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Barudak posted:

You may want to wait for the other 82% of your list to come out before jumping in. Granted, there should be great deals by November, but no reason to plunge in now.

There isn't a bad chunk out now, theres more reason to wait for the new ps4 announcement then anything because if he missed out on the ps3, there are so many ps3 hd remasters for him to play. So I don't get that line of thinking here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PBS Newshour posted:

I think they just said the new Resident Evil is completely first person? I was distracted

Yep. Set after 6 in a mansion, can be played completely in VR

smell this posted:

Yep

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Barudak posted:

Its weirder than that. Its like 50-70% the first Ratchet and Clank, then its new endgame content to better match the movie that bombed's plot.

Did the movie go to actual theaters?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

smell this posted:

Yes, February 14, 2017 for PS3 and PS4.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SectumSempra posted:

As negative as everyone is being about this gen.

Just wait 4 months and literally every game that doesn't have nintendo on it or grand theft auto becomes 20 bucks.

Yeah, I just bought Bloodborne and Infamous: Second Son for $15 each

I didn't even like Bloodborne but for that price, maybe I would?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

And died there.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Augus posted:

How the gently caress do you accuse them of being hooked by PR machine right after saying "all that matters is big reveals!"?
The PR hype machine literally runs just on announcements and announcements of announcements and annoncing announcements of revealing announcements of announcements.

What they should have is reveals of substance. Not just a logo covered in rust and a notice to "stay tuned for more" and such poo poo. Maybe then E3 will be less garbage.

Which is what the majority of what Sony's was made up of, aside from the VR stuff. Wanting people inbetween to talk about the experience and all that other nonsense before getting to the games is wanting the wrong thing.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
https://www.twitch.tv/houseisan

stream of re7 demo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

I dunno know any of you are excited for Nintendo, they announced ages ago exactly which games would be there, and said there wouldn't be surprises.

Its Zelda, Pokemon Mobile, Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII and the SMT game thats not Persona 5 so nobody cares..

Well I like Zelda so I kinda want to see what that game is about.
Nintendo actually shows unedited gameplay at E3 unlike everyone else, so that's nice.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

I'd like to see Zelda mostly. And I care about non-Persona SMT games :smith:

Nintendo's in a weird spot right now though.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SectumSempra posted:

2,895 of them, actually.

For a grand total of...$8.8 million.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Flashlights don't work this way.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

TMS I will buy

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Barudak posted:

You may want to wait for the other 82% of your list to come out before jumping in. Granted, there should be great deals by November, but no reason to plunge in now.

Yeap, I'll probably buy it December/January.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SectumSempra posted:

Allegedly.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah, I just bought Bloodborne and Infamous: Second Son for $15 each

I didn't even like Bloodborne but for that price, maybe I would?

Great and very good price for both (im in the minority that was bored by bloodborne, but found it entertaining to watch streams of, then saw someone speed run all the bosses in like just under 2 hours and felt like i mastered it myself)

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

SectumSempra posted:

15 wii -u games that are must have?

I could see Smash for some
I can see bayonetta 2 for all.
Then I can see super mario 3d world for all.

Some people are very freakishly loving obsessed with splatoon when even my 10 year old brother and sister are bored of it.

I'm all pro nintendo too but really guys?

pikmin 3 is not for all but definitely up there.
I think a wii u mario kart came out?

Late answer but I love xenoblade x a lot
real good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

VR is really, really impressive. It's also not a purchase the majority of consumers are willing to make at current prices.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Why does Scalebound look bad to you? What I see is the good Devil May Cry mixed with the ridiculous stupidity of Metal Gear Rising, all directed by Kamiya.

also, best part of the E3 was this for sure

Scalebound looked so plain. Kamiya games are always style over substance - the DMC games aren't so much "fun" as they are "cool." Scalebound looks like a DMC that isn't cool. I'm not feeling the style here, and the gameplay they showed at Microsoft's show was really boring looking. It was a lot of teleport to an area and SMASH X A LOT.

The best part of E3 was actually this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj8y6yAG180

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Harrow posted:

I think I'm just bored of cynicism. I'm gonna be positive and like video games for a while.
Video games are better than they've ever been, its just that the AAA games showcased at E3 tend to be cookie cutter and bland hence the cynicism.

It is good to like games.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 14, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Harrow posted:

I'd like to see Zelda mostly. And I care about non-Persona SMT games :smith:

Nintendo's in a weird spot right now though.

Sadly its a handheld non persona SMT game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Flashlights don't work this way.

I've yet to see a single suplex, much less a giant poison spitting snake so the flashlight is the least of my issues.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Where was FF7 or Shenmue or even Red Dead?

Actually, where are the massive Take 2 announcements?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

I liked SMTIV so "basically SMTIV again" is okay with me.

That said I really hope Atlus does the thing they did on the PS2 where they reuse assets from one SMT game to make a bunch of them. Like, all the reused demons from Nocturne showing up in two Persona games and the Digital Devil Saga games. Just take all the demons from Persona 5 and give us a console SMT in a couple years.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

Was something major added to first 2? I feel like I loved WW was meh on TP but don't think I'd be patient enough to sit through either fully again.

Maker is fun but hard mode is just a bunch of lovely levels so :shrug: was very fun though

3d World is like the best thing ever

Never tried xeno, still need to,

Smash just doesn't feel the same since I dont play competitively, still fun and good

Mk8 duh

Splatoon liked but didn't feel the need to keep playing

never played any starfox, didn't realize a wii u one was out,

Pokken was cute and fun for a bit but not playing it competitively so I had my fun

pushmo again?

Also toad parts of 3d world were my least fave, should i still bother?

this is why engaging in list wars is dumb

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Little Mac posted:

Kamiya games are always style over substance - the DMC games aren't so much "fun" as they are "cool."

What the actual gently caress are you talking about?

Agree that Scalebound looks like poo poo though

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Patience, good things come in time

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

SectumSempra posted:

That looks great too (IV Apocalypse) but I think they were referring to TMS#FE which I preordered even though I hate JPOP and wish it was dubbed. I like the colors and the WiiU is seriously lacking in RPGS

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Nothing I really want to play comes out next year. It's totally possible the Red Dead Redemption stuff was a fake rumor, which is not surprising. Actually this year was better about rumors, a lot of them turned out to be true.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I bet if Take2/Rockstar is showing anything at E3 it will be behind closed doors with NDAs out the rear end, and we won't hear about it until whenever GameInformer's January 2017 issue drops and Gamestop needs to drum up post-holiday preorder business.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
well its just the reveal trailer of scalebound, and after the new DOOM turned out to be the opposite of Duke Nukem Forever, I've learned not to judge a game harshly by its reveal trailer/fake gameplay

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So is it for real that Scalebound is coming to PC as well as Xbox?

It hasn't really grabbed me with any of its trailers or gameplay demos but if it turns out to be fun I'll be happy if I can play it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'd be surprised if 2K didn't show some more Civ 6.

Harrow posted:

All Bone console exclusive games will be on Windows 10 Store, so yeah. Too bad Windows 10 store is real bad if the Gears of War Remaster, KI, and especially Quantum Break are any indication.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

aside from persona Q atlus' 3DS output has been pretty great so

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

BillmasterCozb posted:

well its just the reveal trailer of scalebound, and after the new DOOM turned out to be the opposite of Duke Nukem Forever, I've learned not to judge a game harshly by its reveal trailer/fake gameplay

I love how they made DOOM look like another slow paced sci-fi horror shooter that's been done to death since the first few Dead Spaces, then that Nvida dude made a video of him running around like a crazy man and suddenly people were like "wait no poo poo this is awesome."

Like I think that 5 minute video was the best marketing you could of done for that game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

All Bone console exclusive games will be on Windows 10 Store, so yeah. Too bad Windows 10 store is real bad if the Gears of War Remaster, KI, and especially Quantum Break are any indication.

Well poo poo, that's interesting. Is that going to be retroactive, too, like Halo 5 and stuff? Or is it just going forward?

But yeah I also don't expect a whole lot out of Microsoft-run gaming services. I remember GFWL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Harrow posted:

It hasn't really grabbed me with any of its trailers or gameplay demos but if it turns out to be fun I'll be happy if I can play it.

All xbox games going forward are PC games now or so they claim. So far the actual bone ports that have come out have been horribly jacked up in various ways though, so hopefully they fix that

• Locked thread