Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

I like how the captain of a fleet carrier is personally going around ripping people's faces off and so forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Plural Abysss posted:

COD just shat all over CIG's face goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_s5EvEzVs

but where do you mix drinks for the passengers

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so in the last two days we've had mass effect andromeda and call of duty infinite basically take a gigantic dump on CIG

thanks for saving pc gaming, buttholes

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ramadu posted:

That office looks horrible to work in

's still prealpha.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

And the angel will blow the trumpet :gary: and the waters will turn bitter, and Chris will descend with a sword in His mouth and smite down all the devils and the goons and cast the Beast and all it's followers into the BC3000AD universe.

e: these guys are :salt:, not one but two-threads-two about the Elite forums.

Bring it, you fat autistic mumblefuck. And I won't even THINK about loving your wife after I cast you down in the mire of maggot-laden fetid poo poo that is your legacy to mankind.

I will, however, most probably laugh uproariously as I reject her feeble attempts at seduction for self-preservation, and say "What, do I look like a Wulge?" as I throw her in after her mush-mouthed excuse for a money mine.

I will then exult and properly celebrate with the dance of my people....

:pgabz:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

"People who buy lots of spaceships aren't stupid..."
--- Ben Lesnick, Master of Spaceships

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen is dead. Long live COD.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

G0RF posted:

"People who buy lots of spaceships aren't stupid..."
--- Ben Lesnick, Master of Spaceships

Never forget that he lives in a world where giving thousands of dollars to a game not expecting to eventually see a game is not stupid

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I'm actually not very excited about the new Call of Duty. I've played a bunch of the ones in the past, and they've been good for multiplayer with an old friend of mine for a month or so before everything gets old. This one isn't particularly doing it for me. I still look forward to the amusement it will bring to this thread.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Here lies Star Citizen
He never scored

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"the skeptics won't shut up until CIG release the content"

well yeah i mean that's the whole point

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

:allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pointy posted:

The sad thing is when all this folds up Crobbers will be boating around Capri blaming COD and THOSE drat PUBLISHERS AND THEIR MONEY and lack of talent due to THOSE drat PUBLISHERS and the spergs will gobble it up and barf it back out to avoid facing the pain.

So apparently no one reads my posts enough to avoid Archering them.

So there's a thing.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SurfaceDetail posted:

Like the day after he said "we're gonna blow cod and battlefield out of the water" , Chris got 2 emails in his inbox from his 'friends' working at COD and BF1

and hes been in england ever since

Amazing :v:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

trucutru posted:

Here lies Star Citizen
He never released

ftfy

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Well well speaking of TOS, here's a little country song I wrote:

* lyrics
* You can hoedown to it
* Not at all related to a Heebeegeebees parody
* :pgabz: kazoo danceys parps and hootenannys

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Arena Commander 'Internet Warlord Mode'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgjp-JcfNfM

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/333162/cig-announces-new-arena-commander-mode

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Cymelion is melting down, the streamers are melting down, everyone is melting down

INN have faded into irrelevancy

The whales are getting refunds

People are talking to lawyers, a lawyer is even doing a 10 for the lawyer

Folks are reading up on consumer legislation

And that was just today, I can't wait for tomorrow

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

SomethingJones posted:

Cymelion is melting down, the streamers are melting down, everyone is melting down

Is the end (finally) nigh? :gary:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SomethingJones posted:

What a time to be alive Commandos o9

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

What a time to be alive Commandos o9

Seriously, I really wanted Starcitizen to be good and the community to be be awesome.

It was the opposite. And now I get to watch a bunch of repulsive sacks of poo poo slowly come to the realization that they've been utterly robbed.

Crobberts'ed again!

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

orcinus posted:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Is that a loving space diesel engine?

got to copy it from somewhere

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Who's Cymelion?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

alf_pogs posted:

"the skeptics won't shut up until CIG release the content"

well yeah i mean that's the whole point

No no, you see, Chris Roberts proved the skeptics wrong by introducing multi-player crews that are totally implemented and work great. And by work great I mean the doors all freeze, no one can get in and out of their seats right, you clip through every surface, and stepping on the ramps blow the whole thing up. But for some reason skeptics that are biased are saying this isn't good but it's just because they're biased.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Skellybones posted:

Who's Cymelion?

Stupid whale who thought he was somebody. He's probably written a small novella of posts about ~space dreams~.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

SomethingJones posted:

Whats this about lawyers?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

StarCitizen will be good in ~two weeks~

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gonkish posted:

Is the end (finally) nigh? :gary:

Nah, Roberts could have a 10ftc where all the questions are "Is starcitizen a scam?" and all his answers "Yes you loving idiots. I drank your milkshake!" and they would continue to believe.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Can SC just ship a copy of COD:IW and call it a day? Would that be legal? Surely it wouldn't. But would it? It can't be. But can it?

Let's get our resident ToS expert to weigh in on this.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Samizdata posted:

So apparently no one reads my posts enough to avoid Archering them.

So there's a thing.

It's mostly that everyone came to the same conclusion. Goon hive mind and all. You know how it gos. Your thoughts will echo in eternity goonfriend

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

Even if COD is a linear shooter, who cares? It offers the same story-driven campaign SC does, and it does it better.

Pardon me, but I think you're underestimating the unparalleled abilities of screenwriting and storytelling that you can only get from a master like Chris Roberts.

[Player]: "So, sir, you were a Marine?"
[Sophia Kelly]: "10 years."
[Player]: "That's a long time..."
[Sophia Kelly]: "You're wondering what happened."
[Player]: "A little."
[Sophia Kelly]: "When I was recruited, I thought the Marines was where I belonged. Now I belong here."
[Player]: "That wasn't really an answer, sir."
[Sophia Kelly]: "And you think I owe you one?"
[Player]: "No, but most Marines I've met would rather die than take off the uniform."
[Sophia Kelly]: "You're assuming I'm like most Marines. I think I'm done being interrogated, Lieutenant. Dismissed."
[Player]: "Was there a big different between the Marines and the Navy?"
[Sophia Kelly]: "They're the same at their core. We're all here to defend the Empire."
[Player]: "Marines just do it a little more hands on."
[Sophia Kelly]: "I still wear the knife. Didn't think that would be the hardest habit to break. Anyway, I believe we both have duties to attend to, Lieutenant."

I just got chills. It's like I was there.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ComfyPants posted:

Pardon me, but I think you're underestimating the unparalleled abilities of screenwriting and storytelling that you can only get from a master like Chris Roberts.

[Player]: "So, sir, you were a Marine?"
[Sophia Kelly]: "10 years."
[Player]: "That's a long time..."
[Sophia Kelly]: "You're wondering what happened."
[Player]: "A little."
[Sophia Kelly]: "When I was recruited, I thought the Marines was where I belonged. Now I belong here."
[Player]: "That wasn't really an answer, sir."
[Sophia Kelly]: "And you think I owe you one?"
[Player]: "No, but most Marines I've met would rather die than take off the uniform."
[Sophia Kelly]: "You're assuming I'm like most Marines. I think I'm done being interrogated, Lieutenant. Dismissed."
[Player]: "Was there a big different between the Marines and the Navy?"
[Sophia Kelly]: "They're the same at their core. We're all here to defend the Empire."
[Player]: "Marines just do it a little more hands on."
[Sophia Kelly]: "I still wear the knife. Didn't think that would be the hardest habit to break. Anyway, I believe we both have duties to attend to, Lieutenant."

I just got chills. It's like I was there.

-Now I belong here.
-That wasn't really an answer, sir
-You didn't actually ask a question
-No, but most Marines are awesome, and you are not
-Dismissed!
-Well, I don't think I have to listen to you, sir. And furthermore...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sedisp posted:

This has been most people's point though...

are you selectively literate?

Well, we already know he SeLectIVely TyPes

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

what's the deal with the aussie getting his 40k back? I missed so much lately.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
That COD trailer really highlights one important factor for why the COD games work; they keep things moving, even if they are forcing the player to escape exploding rooms.

The exposition is done on the move and is utterly to the point, no waffling or making the player pause for a speech just get them into the action ASAP but keep building the tension so that when the action happens they're primed for it.

SC's little demo looks like the Half-Life tram ride by comparison. It tries to create a world that's dynamic and so on but it drags as you walk down endless corridors listening to exposition that is barely related.

Oh and if you weren't sure, all cutscenes generated in Cryengine come with a tickbox to make them unskippable.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

jaegerx posted:

what's the deal with the aussie getting his 40k back? I missed so much lately.

I'm more interested in knowing if Loiosh will finally ask for his money back or if he will keep on being stubborn about it.

WebDog posted:

SC's little demo looks like the Half-Life tram ride by comparison. It tries to create a world that's dynamic and so on but it drags as you walk down endless corridors listening to exposition that is barely related.

It's more like Final Fantasy, the first one. But in space and with worse writing.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
COD / ME:A will beat Star Citizen at its own game at Gamescom, it will be glorious.

Tears incoming! Bring your buckets!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

WebDog posted:

That COD trailer really highlights one important factor for why the COD games work; they keep things moving, even if they are forcing the player to escape exploding rooms.

The exposition is done on the move and is utterly to the point, no waffling or making the player pause for a speech just get them into the action ASAP but keep building the tension so that when the action happens they're primed for it.

Oh and if you weren't sure, all cutscenes generated in Cryengine come with a tickbox to make them unskippable.

That COD trailer was fun. Whatever Star Citizen as put out to date hinges on the viewers need to buy spaceships for the "intention to have fun". They're very different.

The Morrow tour was horrible, and that "Old Man" premiere was just a rehash of assets with several seconds of mocap in Cryengines Cinebox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Tyme posted:

Like, there's no reason to even bother with Star Citizen anymore. IW is everything people would want in SQ42, and that one new game with crafting or whatever offers everything Star Citizen has except it looks like they're much further along.

IW ships have no hot tub, my money wasn't wasted. :colbert:

• Locked thread