Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I hate Call of Duty and that trailer actually had my nipples hard.

Edit: Provided I can play it with mouse and keyboard. I love the giant laser sight like the AMCAR in Payday 1, ripping off the facemasks to depressurize enemies, and the dude flipping up his shield to spot live targets in zero g so he knew who to not waste bullets on.

The grappling hook and homing grenades were like "Well, it's the future, how would they make war way more awesome and faster?"

Seriously, I've never had any desire to play a CoD or Battlefield game before, but drat if that trailer hasn't made me consider giving this new one a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ermm ok cod looks pretty flashy and everything but in the ship...where do you poop?? i know star citizen has latrines so yea wtff really cod - back to the drawing board for you fellas

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

alphabettitouretti posted:

That's tragic, the dumb edit I did of Sandi's movie trailer with fart noises dubbed over the top has more views.

:same::hfive:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What are the chances that there's a 'captains cabin' where you can look at trophies and stuff, and it also has a hot tub?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is Croberts back or is he still in Europe on the Borrow tour?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Is Croberts back or is he still in Europe on the Borrow tour?

badum tissssssh

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Press <<USE>> to pay respects over the course of a 45 second unskippable motion captured animation.

I love that it's COD that's doing this to them, Call of "motion captured dogs" Duty arises from the dead to slay the pretender to the pointless motion capture throne.

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

"Give me money and I'll give you shit in return."
CIG ToS
If CIG made a train simulator

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That product actually exists though.

And it's still cheaper than Star Citizen.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Train Simulator 2016

Release date: 2009

???

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

IW ships have no hot tub, my money wasn't wasted. :colbert:

face it Melkor, you are griefed!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Justin Tyme posted:

Train Simulator 2016

Release date: 2009

???

it was ahead of its time

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
SP Weekly UE4 fidelity update! All about dem particle systems. It's all about fidelity you guys.

Another week in the books. The Unreal Engine 4 migration continues to go well. I've been diving deep into UE's particle systems, used to implement lots of different Immersive, Fidelitous sci-fi stuff like explosions of sparks, electrical short-circuits, thruster effects, smoke, smoke trails, bong smoke, force-fields, shield effects, laser beams, blizzards, bits of ice falling off thrusters like those kickass slo-mo Saturn V rocket launch vids, birds, procedural birds, beards, glowing swirly radar sweeps, energy doors made out of driftwood and a garage door spring I found in my dad's shed, procedural apples falling onto procedural Newton heads, tornadoes of fire fueled by millions of excess kickstarter dollar bills, rivers of slag formed by cashing out all those excess kickstarter bills in nickels and melting them down by connecting all the batteries from all your motion-capture cameras in parallel, torrential downpours made of whale tears, character byte arrays of moma-meltdown word-salad, stress-induced projectile diarrhea... You name it, UE4's particle system can do it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV9nm4aUtck

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EminusSleepus posted:

face it Melkor, you are griefed!

I'll just lay back and soak in, let CoD scrubs run around if they want.

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

duckfarts posted:

it was ahead of its time

as far as I remember: you bought train simulator 2009 and got the other releases as well, but the main game is (like in DCS) the engine (hehe engine) and kinda the "hull" of the game with one or two sceneries...

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lladre posted:

The missions themselves will be linear.

And you really think SQ42´s wont be? (if any, that is)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ahahaha...

Here's a 104TD summary. They put questions in the corner for convenience.
Number 6 is the best.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Hey guys rmember earlier today when we were watching five guys dicking aroung in the stairwell of a starfarer before they all started getting booted from the server and then their ship exploded and then they got a new ship and someone named XXXGRANDMA stole their new ship and everyone quit out of frustration? That was good times...

So how about that Infinite Warfare trailer? Pretty cool if you ask me.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Everything I always see brought up is about financials, ships, jpegs, etc.

Has anybody ever asked a cultist why there is only 1 character model in the entire game? Let alone how many you'd need to be able to do to have a "cast" for the game. Let alone there's still 0 females. When are they going to get around to.... you know, making other people? Was that stretch goal still not funded?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

It's mostly that everyone came to the same conclusion. Goon hive mind and all. You know how it gos. Your thoughts will echo in eternity goonfriend

Cheers. I just wanted to know my channeling my inner Smart was not for naught.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I want to quote this so that something very near and dear to everyone sinks in.

These people don't give a poo poo about the First Amendment or Freedom of Speech (for non-Americans). They'd rather see all negative opinions about Star Citizen snuffed out.

gently caress you assholes. gently caress you for being so up your own asses that you'd rather bitch, moan, and outright attack about other people disliking (rightfully so) a video game instead of welcoming criticism.

gently caress you. gently caress Chris Roberts. gently caress Ben Lesnick. gently caress Star Citizen. And gently caress You.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

SP Weekly UE4 fidelity update! All about dem particle systems. It's all about fidelity you guys.

Another week in the books. The Unreal Engine 4 migration continues to go well. I've been diving deep into UE's particle systems, used to implement lots of different Immersive, Fidelitous sci-fi stuff like explosions of sparks, electrical short-circuits, thruster effects, smoke, smoke trails, bong smoke, force-fields, shield effects, laser beams, blizzards, bits of ice falling off thrusters like those kickass slo-mo Saturn V rocket launch vids, birds, procedural birds, beards, glowing swirly radar sweeps, energy doors made out of driftwood and a garage door spring I found in my dad's shed, procedural apples falling onto procedural Newton heads, tornadoes of fire fueled by millions of excess kickstarter dollar bills, rivers of slag formed by cashing out all those excess kickstarter bills in nickels and melting them down by connecting all the batteries from all your motion-capture cameras in parallel, torrential downpours made of whale tears, character byte arrays of moma-meltdown word-salad, stress-induced projectile diarrhea... You name it, UE4's particle system can do it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV9nm4aUtck

Stop making me feel bad that I suck at coding AND art, and am not hideously rich enough to solofund you!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/72239369

5 hours he spends trying to get some FPS going with his buddies, I watched it for about an hour and was emotionally exhausted. The last hour is just painful.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

I'll just lay back and soak in, let CoD scrubs run around if they want.

Until I board your ship and shoot you... In YOUR WET DRIPPING FACE!

Oh, Christ. You hot tub in the nude.

Next time. MeLKoR, NEXT TIME!

<runs off shaking his fist, while liquidating any crew not tubbing with you>

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/xBH3kVC.gifv

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I want to quote this so that something very near and dear to everyone sinks in.

These people don't give a poo poo about the First Amendment or Freedom of Speech (for non-Americans). They'd rather see all negative opinions about Star Citizen snuffed out.

gently caress you assholes. gently caress you for being so up your own asses that you'd rather bitch, moan, and outright attack about other people disliking (rightfully so) a video game instead of welcoming criticism.

gently caress you. gently caress Chris Roberts. gently caress Ben Lesnick. gently caress Star Citizen. And gently caress You.

As much as I agree with your general sentiment, I will leave the Ben-loving to you and you alone...

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Is there any in-game systems in place to allow you to play with your friends? Like a grouping system or guild or org system? Or do you just have to use a third party system like voice chat or msging system?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Ahahaha...

Here's a 104TD summary. They put questions in the corner for convenience.
Number 6 is the best.

I hope Cherrie Heiberg knows that her life aura is being sucked by the succubus every minute she works there in CIG

don't end up being an old hag like your HR/VP Marketing boss

starkebn
May 18, 2004

also, it's fairly obvious a lot of the ships blowing up or loving up comes from their collision system thinking the player models and the ship models are the same thing

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

starkebn posted:

also, it's fairly obvious a lot of the ships blowing up or loving up comes from their collision system thinking the player models and the ship models are the same thing

are they not?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Can you prove they aren't? How can our ships be real if our eyes, head, spacesuit, and physics aren't real.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Nemo2342 posted:

Seriously, I've never had any desire to play a CoD or Battlefield game before, but drat if that trailer hasn't made me consider giving this new one a try.

You're not the only one feeling this way...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Sandi being HR Director is the funniest thing to me. Not content with the titles she's already appropriated, she feels like she needs to inflate her status with the incredibly glamorous title of Director of... HR. I imagine the people who actually do handle HR at CIG are pretty annoyed with that. HR isn't fun or glamorous work, but it is necessary important work that requires quite a bit of knowledge.

It's one thing to answer to a COO who oversees many aspects of the company, but it must be pretty terrible to report to a person that probably does absolutely nothing and yet takes credit for all the work in your department.

It's so slimy, but it also says something about her psyche.

Also, I really hope CIG has more HR than just her because it's real easy to get on the wrong side of stuff like taxes and labor laws if you don't. Lol, if they don't.

It also could be that she made herself the HR Director so she could put the kaibosh on complaints about management, but she still must think there's some status boost to be gained from it considering she lists it on her LinkedIn.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 14, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

EminusSleepus posted:

are they not?

well, I'm saying they are but I think they're screwing up because all the rules for them interacting don't seem to be different between the two. There is basically ships inside ships or ships running into ships when a player tries to walk inside their ship.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

starkebn posted:

well, I'm saying they are but I think they're screwing up because all the rules for them interacting don't seem to be different between the two. There is basically ships inside ships or ships running into ships when a player tries to walk inside their ship.

to the refactor mobile!!!!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

G0RF posted:

THIS GUY GETS IT.

----

Reposting the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer as a courtesy for the new page.

loving lol, Star Citizen isn't even in the water yet and its dead.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Players in Star Citizen are a lot like the ghosts in Dark Souls, you spend an eternity waiting for poo poo to happen, can extend your limbs really far and clip through walls, but then some rear end in a top hat comes and ruins your day.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Players in Star Citizen are a lot like the ghosts in Dark Souls, you spend an eternity waiting for poo poo to happen, can extend your limbs really far and clip through walls, but then some rear end in a top hat comes and ruins your day.

star citizen is a lot like dark souls, you rest and the world refreshes itself only to reveal it's exactly the same is ever was and ever will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4nxe2u/want_to_discuss_the_tos/

Cymelion has a scintilla of self-awareness. An epiphany. A moment where, against all odds, his petulant, abusive id loses its vice-like grip on his psyche...

A few short hours later, though, the pressure of "reeling back a bit" builds to unbearable levels.

And normality reasserts itself...

• Locked thread