Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Skellybones posted:

I know, it certainly would have made WWII more exciting. Captain Duncan of the USS Essex hops in a Corsair, dogfights a bit before crashing it into the Ryūjō, cuts his way through the bridge crew with a boarding axe before making off in a Zero while the USS South Dakota comes alongside and breaks it in half.

best war ever

e: snugglebuddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I skipped around the IIN video and an hour in they are celebrating that now the 'basic foundations are almost done' we can expect a 'deluge of content' just like we did after 2.0 :psyduck:

Think I've heard that every month from some shitizen since I've been wallowing in this mess

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Or, as one would say in regular English: “I have no idea how, where, or even why you'd ever do something as clever as use optimisation techniques and sensible levels of details to achieve spectacular visuals without brute-forcing it and killing off any immersion due to the horrendously low world detail and rendering speed that would come as a consequence.”

Clarence posted:

Who else?

Farmers' mums.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 14, 2016

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Berious posted:

Think I've heard that every month from some shitizen since I've been wallowing in this mess

CIG just needs to flip a switch, you see...

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

imperialparadox posted:

I think that Chris is literally stuck in the 90's - that's why he thinks that he is "saving PC gaming" and everything that they do on Star Citizen is revolutionary and new. The man can't even play his own game, and he references things like Rockstar like he's some old guy mimicking what he overheard those kids talking about the other day; I don't think that he's really aware enough to understand how behind the curve his game looks now.

After seeing that shambolic farce of Chris blankly staring at a crashing computer and failing to even play his own game, how can anyone still believe that the man is a coding genius that according to Sandi sits up all night programming the game?

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

First, don't you have to have a product in order to have a soundtrack to it. Second, that case looks like loving amateur hour hobby time. Like someone pressed a lovely image on to tin.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Siva68 posted:

First, don't you have to have a product in order to have a soundtrack to it. Second, that case looks like loving amateur hour hobby time. Like someone pressed a lovely image on to tin.

…or like Photoshop's emboss filter.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Siva68 posted:

Like someone pressed a lovely image on to tin.

I have some news for you, commando...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its the cleanup process he needs help with

He needs help with both.
Adhesion and cohesion.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Erenthal posted:

After seeing that shambolic farce of Chris blankly staring at a crashing computer and failing to even play his own game, how can anyone still believe that the man is a coding genius that according to Sandi sits up all night programming the game?

Having seen videos of SC in action, I have no trouble believing that Croberts is up all night messing with the code.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Think about it, if Chris Roberts actually fulfilled his vision and made Star Citizen everything it could be, it would be such an immersive experience that nobody could stand to tear themselves away from it and whales would starve in their filthy poopsocks by the thousands. So really, he's doing them a favour by building up the game slowly so that the content locusts don't gorge and overfill their tiny stomachs.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wanna wedgie crickdaniel so much

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They're about to catch up with Danish butter cookie companies.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh, you guys don't like this live footage of Chris Roberts playing his own game because it makes him look like a loving hack?

:smugdog:

The idiots probably think it works like reddit, where downvotes will make uncomfortable things disappear. It does not. Youtube regards a positive rating the same as a negative rating, in terms of popularity. Ironically, because of this, the video is now more visible to people browsing youtube.

Landing Succesfl

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Slow_Moe posted:

The idiots probably think it works like reddit, where downvotes will make uncomfortable things disappear. It does not. Youtube regards a positive rating the same as a negative rating, in terms of popularity. Ironically, because of this, the video is now more visible to people browsing youtube.

Landing Succesfl

This is why IIN are such hot property on Youtube

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Pointy posted:

That was great and you have a good voice!

Heh that's my Shawshank Redemption impersonation :D

Catchup for the morning crew:

Lyrics here

It is my very bestest stupid country song, and I'm still grinning like an idiot.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

That looks like loving garbage

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ewe2 posted:

Lyrics here

It is my very bestest stupid country song, and I'm still grinning like an idiot.

9/10, needs a wilhelm scream after "he said kid we dont owe you nothing and then I heard a distant scream"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Unironically looks better, plus you get cookies.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Siva68 posted:

Nice. The Alamogordo landfills will have some pretty nifty time capsules in place. Should make the unearthing events that take place 3 decades a real delight.

Way to think ahead, Sandi.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Daztek posted:

9/10, needs a wilhelm scream after "he said kid we dont owe you nothing and then I heard a distant scream"

I thought about that kind of thing, but it's such a happy song I felt that would detract and be somewhat OTT. After all, I am trading on hackneyed country song motifs, and they don't have screams in their songs. Besides, I loving hate that scream, that and Doom door noises everywhere.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
show them something shiny quick

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
To save everyone time, this is how every vid they do goes:

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

XK posted:

Unironically looks better, plus you get cookies.

Now that's a good tin. If SC shipped ship shaped butter cookies then they might be on to something. Re-factor everyone to cookie making, would be a better use of their resources at this point.

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

I wonder if Croberts cried himself to sleep last night because he'll never get the applause Kojima did showing up to show off his newest game.

(Or because he can't rock a beard as well either)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Siva68 posted:

Now that's a good tin. If SC shipped ship shaped butter cookies then they might be on to something. Re-factor everyone to cookie making, would be a better use of their resources at this point.

But then the cookies wold clip out through your stomach lining and explode. Not a good deal, imo.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Sickening posted:

It's safe to say that cig doesn't have the most talented workers in the industry. I have never seen a company dunked on so hard.

I know a few very talented folks working at the UK dev office.

But all the talent in the workd isn't going to help you if you have a fuckup like Croberts constantly changing poo poo on a whim.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Lyrics here

This is great and good, when is your album coming out?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Spuckuk posted:

But all the talent in the workd isn't going to help you if you have a fuckup like Croberts constantly changing poo poo on a whim.

…or refusing to accept that others may indeed have the talent to solve a problem on their own, without micromanagement.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

well another upcoming space game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QF0QsjkY8

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spuckuk posted:

You are doing them a disservice then by not telling them to get the gently caress out.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ewe2 posted:

Lyrics here

Can I just post these with a background image or something on youtube? It'd be great to have you seen by more people / salty asshats

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Siva68 posted:

Were these the random reward treasure chests of anyone else's childhood? Go over to your grandparents' house, find one of these tins, open it up with desperate hope, and 99 times out of 100 it was sewing supplies or screws. Rarely you'd open it up and there'd be actual cookies in it, and it felt like you found a golden idol.

Those cookies are pretty drat good.

Just wait until CIG figures out how to print things on top of embossed tins. Too bad it'll come with things worse than grandma's knitting equipment inside.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

…or refusing to accept that others may indeed have the talent to solve a problem on their own, without micromanagement.

Oh hell, CIG doesn't micromanage. If they did, then the Xian Scout wouldn't be missing a seat under the close eyes of Lesnick, developer and director of spaceships, esq.

I somewhat gave them the benefit of the doubt in regards to being a scam a few months ago versus just utter incompetence. It is so blatant now it has become a farce.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

This is why IIN are such hot property on Youtube

I loved it when you gave an INN shoutout and a link to their video. It was the only INN video to top 1000 views.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Don't put words into my mouth post. I'm not a lawyer and I am not Toast.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

To save everyone time, this is how every vid they do goes:

Repeat for 4 hours

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yes, we know, you're a paralegal and you're ManOfManyAliases here, you explained how you work with different nicks on the RSI forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gonna be playing Infinite Warfare when it comes out?

• Locked thread