Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Christ, CIG is just taking a piss in front of everyone at this point.

Cat tax:

Here, have a 7 month old Savannah

XK fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Berious posted:

I loved it when you gave an INN shoutout and a link to their video. It was the only INN video to top 1000 views.

:lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Don't put words into my mouth post. I'm not a lawyer and I am not Toast.

I put it to you good sir that you are a lawyer and Toast

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Beet Wagon posted:

Well you know, CoD doesn't have any physics. At all. Star Citizen has loads of physics. There's just physics all over the drat place.
Star Citizen has all kinds of physics. They're the yoogest, most luxurious physics. The best physics. Chris Roberts knows more about physics than anyone, even physicists.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw a lack of buying clothes in the new call of duty so it's not as good as star citizen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
REDDIT: CoD: Infinite Warfare is the 'Poor Man's Squadron 42'

quote:

"It seems they have done what was necessary to grab people's attention. I'm not convinced though. What I saw was an arcade style dumbed down version of Squadron 42. Or in more harsh words, the poor man's Squadron 42. Sure, it's different enough to be more appealing than the past many CoDs, but it's still going to be a wave based campaign with no real soul."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh hell, CIG doesn't micromanage. If they did, then the Xian Scout wouldn't be missing a seat under the close eyes of Lesnick, developer and director of spaceships, esq.
Not CIG, no, but Chris certainly does. It's just that he couldn't care less about the workings of some old ship that has no bearing on his current mocapvaganza, so ensuring that the process follows any kind of sensible production standard is assigned a priority level of fuckoffandbothersomeoneelse–nowaitactuallydontbotheranyone.

It's just another side of the same coin: underlings aren't trusted with managing these processes, no matter how much it is their actual job and field of expertise.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

XK posted:

Christ, CIG is just taking a piss in front of everyone at this point.

Cat tax:

Here, have a 7 month old Savannah

Is that your Savannah? It's gorgeous

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

This is great and good, when is your album coming out?

I'd need to write more songs, also I need an electric guitar. I'm having fun just learning how to record stuff at the moment and trying not to buy too many ukuleles.

peter gabriel posted:

Can I just post these with a background image or something on youtube? It'd be great to have you seen by more people / salty asshats

I'd be honoured.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Toastmaaaann!!!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"A poor man's SQ42" - a good choice of works for a video game that's funded by idiots throwing $30,000 at it. Literally everything is a poor man's SQ42, the sad fact is that they're all better than it too.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
MoMA, how's morale at the office? Are the lower drones aware of the terrible sales?

e: Do the ToS changes ever get discussed around the coffee machine?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Inkel posted:

Is that your Savannah? It's gorgeous

No, I wish. I'd like to get one, but they're too expensive. Stolen from GIS. I figured I'd throw one up because I haven't seen one in here yet and I needed to pay my cat tax.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RIP Space Engineers and Empyrion.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not a lawyer

woah no poo poo?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

"A poor man's SQ42" - a good choice of works for a video game that's funded by idiots throwing $30,000 at it. Literally everything is a poor man's SQ42, the sad fact is that they're all better than it too.

Favourite analogy: just because you can buy a gold and diamond-encrusted pooper scooper for $10,000 doesn't mean that it'll do the job any better than the $5 one from your local supermarket. Quite the opposite in fact, since items made specifically to look expensive have a tendency to be really cheaply made. :D

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Woke up this AM and Kitsa was in visible pain, wouldn't move from his laying down position and wouldn't even eat his favorite treats. He was making a low growling sound every time he exhaled so we decided to take him in today.

Rest in peace Kitsa. My fuzzy bobble head friend. I'm a loving wreck right now.

Goobs fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 14, 2016

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Yikes... #notacult

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Favourite analogy: just because you can buy a gold and diamond-encrusted pooper scooper for $10,000 doesn't mean that it'll do the job any better than the $5 one from your local supermarket. Quite the opposite in fact, since items made specifically to look expensive have a tendency to be really cheaply made. :D

You blow my mind

Next you're gonna tell me the best wines aren't sold in the fanciest bottles

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Where's that dude that lawyered up? I want to see MoMA throw some more wikipedia legalese at him

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

XK posted:

Stolen from GIS.

CIG rubbing off on the best of us.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Goobs posted:

Woke up this AM and Kitsa was in visible pain, wouldn't move from his laying down position and wouldn't even eat his favorite treats. He was making a low growling sound every time he exhaled so we decided to take him in today.

:veryverysadface:

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Goobs posted:

Rest in peace Kitsa.

I am sorry to hear this friend. I dread the day.

Kitsa was a good cat. Thank you for being a good servant.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Goobs posted:

:glomp: goondolences mate, all cattes go to heaven.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
COD may look good, but it doesn't have XYZ features (that SC doesn't have either), so it's not as good.

edit:

Goobs posted:

Extremely sorry to hear this :(

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Tippis posted:

Farmers' mums.

:hfive:

Mum!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Goobs posted:

It was time, you did him a comfort. You went in with him I hope? Every time I've had to do it, I had some solace as I could feel the weight being lifted off them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Goobs posted:

:sympathy:

Rest well Kitsa

rabblerabble
Mar 24, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

woah no poo poo?

You really meant to say:

Woh eh dip ehp did eh woh did no poo poo?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Goobs posted:

Holy poo poo dude I am so sorry

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB78vXetCA&t=9s

rabblerabble
Mar 24, 2016

Goobs posted:

Condolences.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
e: kittens can wait

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 14, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Goobs posted:

I'm so sorry, buddy. That's just heartbreaking.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Ya know, I don't even like space games. I don't play E:D, I don't play EVE, I'm not gonna play this, and if SC turns out to be good I won't play it. I don't even follow space games or get excited about releases or anything.

But gently caress if it isn't funny that these tiny little teams continue to develop space games with mechanics going beyond what CIG boasts about. Like this game, Dying Sun or whatever, E:D, NMS, etc. all constructed or used engines designed to work with space games. It's almost like a competent studio sets reasonable goals to accomplish and chooses proper tools to get it done.

CIG decided to use a fps island simulator engine and try and hack it into a workable product because Roberts thought "cryengine pretty game make. good graphics."

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Goobs posted:

Really sorry to hear that Goobs. :(

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Goobs posted:

I'm really sorry to hear this. I know it's no comfort now but you did the right thing for him.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Chalks posted:

That T-baaller fellow is doing good work, but it must be like talking to a brick wall. How do you argue with a shitizen who defends the lack of gameplay trailers for SQ42 with "it's a story based experience" in a thread about a loving Call of Duty singleplayer gameplay trailer that clearly does not spoil the story?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Charles Get-Out posted:

Ya know, I don't even like space games. I don't play E:D, I don't play EVE, I'm not gonna play this, and if SC turns out to be good I won't play it. I don't even follow space games or get excited about releases or anything.

But gently caress if it isn't funny that these tiny little teams continue to develop space games with mechanics going beyond what CIG boasts about. Like this game, Dying Sun or whatever, E:D, NMS, etc. all constructed or used engines designed to work with space games. It's almost like a competent studio sets reasonable goals to accomplish and chooses proper tools to get it done.

CIG decided to use a fps island simulator engine and try and hack it into a workable product because Roberts thought "cryengine pretty game make. good graphics."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPeb547pis0 this is the pitch they gave crobbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
He was a handsome cat, shame to hear about him :( You did him a comfort

Completely unrelated, who is the super fat CIG guy? I always feel better laughing at him

• Locked thread