Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The suspense while waiting for it to come back, then the comedy when it was does arrive, is a sign of truly great writing. Chris Roberts has done it again.

Cat taxed again. Here's my two current cats, they're both rescues. The one on the left is The Stig, the one on the right is Mozart.

XK fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Goobs posted:

Woke up this AM and Kitsa was in visible pain, wouldn't move from his laying down position and wouldn't even eat his favorite treats. He was making a low growling sound every time he exhaled so we decided to take him in today.

Rest in peace Kitsa. My fuzzy bobble head friend. I'm a loving wreck right now.

Friend, you did a good thing. Kitsa took care of you and you took care of him. He just wanted to hold off on those treats for later, when you see him again on the Rainbow Road.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That you are suffering this much is testament to the happy life he had.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chalks posted:

Gonna be playing Infinite Warfare when it comes out?

If I want to play Halo in Space with 12-year-olds, I'll wait for that. IW is nothing but regular, poo poo COD mechanics with a spaceship-themed rail attached.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 14, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ManofManyAliases posted:

If I want to play Halo in Space with 12-year-olds, I'll wait for that. This is nothing but regular, poo poo COD mechanics with a spaceship-themed rail attached.

Not a cult.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Goobs posted:

Woke up this AM and Kitsa was in visible pain, wouldn't move from his laying down position and wouldn't even eat his favorite treats. He was making a low growling sound every time he exhaled so we decided to take him in today.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's always so sudden for pets and it just blindsides you and rips your heart out. :(

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MeLKoR posted:

MoMA, how's morale at the office? Are the lower drones aware of the terrible sales?

e: Do the ToS changes ever get discussed around the coffee machine?

I don't deal directly in sales with my line of work.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

If I want to play Halo in Space with 12-year-olds, I'll wait for that. This is nothing but regular, poo poo COD mechanics with a spaceship-themed rail attached.

Exactly.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Where's that dude that lawyered up? I want to see MoMA throw some more wikipedia legalese at him

Cute, except I sourced my findings from actual case-law. Good try on the goonwaffle though.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

ManofManyAliases posted:

Toast: Sandi, I just can't do it anymore. I can't type these things. The game actually looks good, and shouldn't we be happy about other games in the genre? What are we even doing here?

Sandi: GIVE ME THAT KEYBOARD YOU loving WIMP, I'LL TYPE IT FOR YOU.

fin

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

PURCHASING FLIGHT SUIT AND ONLY GETTING HALF WHAT YOU PAID FOR?

ACTUAL RESULT
I have paid for my suit and the result was only the inner suit with boots no armour , jet packs ,or helmet.

EXPECTED RESULT
What should have happen that I got the hole sit that was advertise for sale.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

referring to the unemployment line?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

someone's job is in danger lol, why so salty?

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I guess that Infinite Warfare did hit CIG hard, they had to deploy MoMA to mock IW here.

MoMA, how will SQ42 have better mechanics than IW?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cute, except I sourced my findings from actual case-law. Good try on the goonwaffle though.

gotta love those handy wikipedia reference links

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

Not CIG, no, but Chris certainly does. It's just that he couldn't care less about the workings of some old ship that has no bearing on his current mocapvaganza, so ensuring that the process follows any kind of sensible production standard is assigned a priority level of fuckoffandbothersomeoneelse–nowaitactuallydontbotheranyone.

It's just another side of the same coin: underlings aren't trusted with managing these processes, no matter how much it is their actual job and field of expertise.

Yeah, and goes back to the hilarious post of "if Chris didn't say it, then it isn't fact."

That's cool and all, except Chris hasn't posted something written for the past couple of years besides the tirade on the Escapist article.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Wow that's not an opinion on star citizen I ever thought would come from you beltman

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

1:24 a ship just zooms off going backwards

Great flight model :downsbravo:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Goobs posted:

I'm sorry to hear about your Kitsa dude. He was an admirable looking cat. = (

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Infinity Warfare won't make dreams come true. Only Croberts can make your dreams come true. You want your dreams to come true right? Why do you hate dreams?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ManofManyAliases posted:

halo is already in space

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ah so not directly in sales but you do work for one of:

Cloud Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA

as either an employee or contractor.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

ideate posted:

Toast: Sandi, I just can't do it anymore. I can't type these things. The game actually looks good, and shouldn't we be happy about other games in the genre? What are we even doing here?

Sandi: GIVE ME THAT KEYBOARD YOU loving WIMP, I'LL TYPE IT FOR YOU.

fin

I know when to laugh too - lol.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Nation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPeb547pis0 this is the pitch they gave crobbers

Ahaha, I bet that's exactly it. I can see it, Roberts astounded at the size of the ships and polygons like a baby excited by jingling keys.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkgWZ5prtRM&t=79s

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sperglord posted:

I guess that Infinite Warfare did hit CIG hard, they had to deploy MoMA to mock IW here.

MoMA, how will SQ42 have better mechanics than IW?

gently caress if I know.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

gotta love those handy wikipedia reference links

Pshhhh you caught me. 10 lashes enough?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TTerrible posted:

Ah so not directly in sales but you do work for one of:

Cloud Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA

as either an employee or contractor.

no

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Sorry about your cat. Mine died last year while I was at work; I opened the door and didn't see him there or hear him meowing from wherever he had been chilling and knew I had to go find him.

I got another cat a month later, but I still miss my old buddy.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Teikanmi posted:

He was a handsome cat, shame to hear about him :( You did him a comfort

Completely unrelated, who is the super fat CIG guy? I always feel better laughing at him

That would be Ben Lesnick, friend. Ship Commander, Developer, and Community Manager for Cloud Imperium Games and personal fellator of Roberts' throbbing gristle.

edit: whoops postin too fast

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know when to laugh too - lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-HqAkULRXs

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Croberts explaining/showing his how he stuff a massive tortilla into Ben's butthole

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjYiX-78KMs

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

quote:

Star Citizen right now delivers more than many AAA games do. For example, it has as much replayability as any CoD game provided you like space battles as much as infantry battles.

quote:

As for me being bias. No. Not at all. To be clear,I haven't played Star Citizen for months. I didnt boot it up for 2.0 and I don't plan on playing 2.4 either because I know how my experience can be diluted by playing throughout the entire development. I'd rather wait for the finished product and be blown away at that point.

Totally not biased guys but this game I haven't played definitely has more replayability then most AAA games

lol waiting for the "finished product"

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

XK posted:

Cat tax:

Here, have a 7 month old Savannah

Pretty sure that's a Serval.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Teikanmi posted:

I always feel better laughing at him

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Wait I did not know that Erin was Samwise Gamgee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Afraid to ask, but do you have those all saved in a spreadsheet or doc somewhere? They're pretty quick replies . . .

• Locked thread