Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

SpookyLizard posted:

Also, FWIW, Vaul-tek wasn't inherently evil, it was just co-opted by The Enclave at some point in it's lifepsan, because the Enclave figured that armageddon was inevitable and that space colonization was pretty much America's only hope. So they used the vaults to test how people would react in various situations and to certain stresses. This is why Vault 15 was full of a bunch of different ethnicities, nationalities, and creeds and what not to see how they'd all get along in such tight circumstances. V13 was to see how people would act under the impression they'd never leave. Bakersfield's vault had a faulty door. Vault City's vault was a control vault that sealed up for like 90 years and then came out into the Wasteland. Some Vaults also had some Experiments going on under similar logic. Vault 22 in FNV was experimenting with various plants and plant growing stuff under similar auspices. Whether to breed plants for the reclamation of America or the colonization of an alien world. V22 wasn't even supposed to be that bad or anything, but complications from the experiment lead to the death of everyone inside it.

This retcon is dumber than anything Beth has done to the franchise. IMHO.

e:Like, it has resulted in fantastic vault setpieces and other good stuff, but the actual FO2 plot twist was always so stupid to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I wonder why we've never encountered an unopened vault in a Fallout game where we'd get to be the first outsider they've seen in centuries.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I wonder why we've never encountered an unopened vault in a Fallout game where we'd get to be the first outsider they've seen in centuries.

I think it's half stupid. I kinda like it, but I don't like what a lot of them have been done with. I'd actually kinda like it better if there were some like "test" vaults that were supposed to be like people going into to avoid the potential end of the world, before it actually happened, both to be 'safer' and to test the systems. And that those were hideous experiments, to make sure that the actual, long term, multigeneration vaults would survive and America could build itself out the rubble. And then a bunch of the people who survived did so because they were in those "test" vaults. And bad things happened because they were kinda supposed to happen, with the majority of Vaults being actual, long-term life preservation things.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
What that Contraptions DLC really needs is some automated loot-transferring helper bots, so I can start playing Fallout 4 Factorio Edition with the crazy factories powered by all the random junk I pick up while wandering around. Hopefully somebody will make a mod for that if it isn't included.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I haven't played FO4 since a little while after launch and so have used zero mods. Has anyone created a mod yet to get rid of all the randomly generated legendary items? I don't mind the named ones in stores/quests but the diablo style random ones with modifiers makes me sad.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I really want a mod that gives me a total item weight for each category. Like just tell me how many pounds each of weapons, apparel, aid and junk I'm carrying.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can anyone point me to a weapon mod that is an unarmed item like the power fist but does huge knock back.
I wanna be a wastelander that is also a DnD monk who Fusrohdahs raiders off cliffs.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

In the same vein, there needs to be another Fist of the North Star mod like New Vegas had. Sadly I couls never get that one to work.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inzombiac posted:

Can anyone point me to a weapon mod that is an unarmed item like the power fist but does huge knock back.
I wanna be a wastelander that is also a DnD monk who Fusrohdahs raiders off cliffs.

Never tried, but maybe this plus Lorenzo's gun?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4515/

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Anyone know roughly how long it usualy takes F4SE to update after a patch, i just went to continue a game from last week and apparently a patch has dropped in the meantime and I can't launch.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 14, 2016

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I was lucky enough to read this thread before turning my computer back on last night so I prevented Steam from updating FO4, but while browsing I came across this:

https://www.speedrun.com/Fallout_4/thread/fvo80

I have absolutely no idea if this works or is even safe, but the author claims to have patches that will revert FO4 back to earlier versions.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

KakerMix posted:

Apologies, I didn't mean to say it like I knew what this stuff was like in the real world, all my experience is Minecraft modding and being DMCA'd multiple times over the years. The only contact I have with DMCAs is the superfluous kind.

I don't think you need to apologize to me as I was just sperging on the DMCA and copyright law, which I just happen to be professionally involved with and yet never get to discuss in real life because nobody cares. I really shouldn't do that in Games; unless the thread or topic is very specifically about a legal issue I should probably STFU. So, instead, let me apologize.

But to get back on to the thread subject:

How do I get rid of the ghetto booty that CBBE gave to Cait & Piper before I uninstalled it? It's like that mod was made by Sir Mix-a-Lot.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Saint Sputnik posted:

It'd be just like Bioshock, probably. Not that that's a bad thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Robzilla posted:

And yet they have no qualms about handing out IP rights like tic tacs to any game developer willing to throw money at it. Despite only 1 or 2 games being good and the rest utter loving garbage.

The year is 2016, people now play games on their phones while taking a poo poo at work. Meanwhile the Games Workshop CEO is still convinced that this entire video game thing is just a fad and that any minute now people are going to queue up by the millions to spend $100 for a really lovely model kit so we can paint it in space furry colors.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

How do I get rid of the ghetto booty that CBBE gave to Cait & Piper before I uninstalled it? It's like that mod was made by Sir Mix-a-Lot.

cbbe replaces the FemaleBody.nif file in Data\Meshes\actors\character assets\uninstalling it should revert it back to its normal Ice Ice Baby state.
if it has not, and you don't have anything else affecting your actor looks wise, you can safely make a folder called bak in meshes, and chuck FemaleBody.nif and female hands in there, until you come to terms with booty.

While I know you can pop open a workshop anywhere with the console, to scrap and hoover up cars and other random objects, BMW this mod adds a kind of bag of holding into the deal, excellent if you have also edited the scrap menus to be a little more realistic/generous.

staberind fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 14, 2016

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Re: Steam auto updates.
If you use F4SE, set Fallout to update only on launch.
You launch the game with f4se_loader.exe anyway, and that bypasses the whole update check thing the F4 launcher does.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YO THERE SHOULD BE A SAMUS MOD FOR POWER ARMOR LIKE WHAT THE HELL IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

YO THERE SHOULD BE A SAMUS MOD FOR POWER ARMOR LIKE WHAT THE HELL IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

There is a rich history of fictional Power Armors, from the Sardaukar to Power Rangers Megazords. Rest assured that Fallout 4 modders will get around to implementing all of them in time.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Looks like F4SE got updated to the current version.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Does computer text turn New Vegas yellow sometimes in Fallout 4? somebody please debunk this so I don't get my hopes up for this being an easter egg for a New Vegas Obsidian developed Fallout.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Does computer text turn New Vegas yellow sometimes in Fallout 4? somebody please debunk this so I don't get my hopes up for this being an easter egg for a New Vegas Obsidian developed Fallout.

I think it has to do with power armor, since that turns all the computery UI stuff amber and it seems like the effect doesn't always go away?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
How many of the people behind New Vegas are even still with Obsidian?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I think it has to do with power armor, since that turns all the computery UI stuff amber and it seems like the effect doesn't always go away?

Weird, never encountered that bug before.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

One of the many minor irritating things about FO4 is the fact that unique weapons don't look unique, aside from stats and maybe a few extra random bolted on weapon mods finding them is kind of a meh thing.

However, a mod on the Nexus has just popped up fixing this! named unique unique's it well, makes the 30 buyable/quest rewarded items in the game look different from their common stock counter parts. You need to start a new game with this one though to get it working right.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

basically if trainwiz made it you should download it

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

gasman posted:

How many of the people behind New Vegas are even still with Obsidian?

I think pretty much anyone would agree that the most influential designer of FO:NV was ropekid and he still works there. Which important person do you think left? Chris Avellone for the DLC stuff? There's no reason he wouldn't end up working on a new Obsidian game if it was a good fit.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Seashell Salesman posted:

I think pretty much anyone would agree that the most influential designer of FO:NV was ropekid and he still works there. Which important person do you think left? Chris Avellone for the DLC stuff? There's no reason he wouldn't end up working on a new Obsidian game if it was a good fit.

I'm pretty sure developing those DLCs destroyed the Obsidian we remember and so desperately want back.

Also, not mod talk, but I youtube'd the ending of this game, and it gets sooo close to the whole "Let go of your past nostalgia and begin again" theme Fallout 1, 2, and NC had but doesn't quite grasp it. So frustrating. Also, yes, lol, having nostalgia for games where the entire message is "nostalgia is bad", I'm well aware of the hypocrisy.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Upgraded my perk overhaul to 2.0, every single one of the perks from the poster has been affected.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14997/

Here's what the paths look like now:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

The guy who wrote most of the main quest and the Survivalist logs in Honest Hearts isn't there any more either. Eric Fensternaker, who wrote some of the best non main quest stuff, is still there though. You know who is also there, btw?

Tim Cain

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

This will always be correct.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Are people using build limit increaser mods? Is it still better to just drop weapons on the ground and send them to workshop to reset your build limit?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Are people using build limit increaser mods? Is it still better to just drop weapons on the ground and send them to workshop to reset your build limit?

Babe Magnet posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14823/

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

SeanBeansShako posted:

One of the many minor irritating things about FO4 is the fact that unique weapons don't look unique, aside from stats and maybe a few extra random bolted on weapon mods finding them is kind of a meh thing.

However, a mod on the Nexus has just popped up fixing this! named unique unique's it well, makes the 30 buyable/quest rewarded items in the game look different from their common stock counter parts. You need to start a new game with this one though to get it working right.

I just restarted Friday but for trainwiz? Anything.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Yay!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

EDIT: I give up, nifskope too confusing. Someone make a mod that adds snap nodes to the Magazine Shelf so it can stack perfectly against other Magazine Shelves. If you make this super simple mod it'll be popular. Thanks in advance.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 15, 2016

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

2house2fly posted:

You know who is also there, btw?

Tim Cain

They also recently grabbed Leonard Boyarski, who may or may not be involved in the hypothetical, unconfirmed Bloodlines sequel. :neckbeard:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Singing Sunflower posted:

They also recently grabbed Leonard Boyarski, who may or may not be involved in the hypothetical, unconfirmed Bloodlines sequel. :neckbeard:

I shall admit that this news excites me a little, VTM was pretty excellent,

Saint Sputnik posted:

Upgraded my perk overhaul to 2.0, every single one of the perks from the poster has been affected.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14997/

Here's what the paths look like now:

That looks good, I do have a dumb suggestion though: now I am using BMW, strong back is not really as much of an issue, so, if you feel more confident later in your hacking that poster up, you could make paths like game hunter, fisherking, Asimov, wasp factory, mutate to survive, & so on, which can give you damage buffs/defense against various mobs in the wasteland, eventually making them nonhostile/allies.

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 15, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Singing Sunflower posted:

I remember reading a PC Gamer interview with one of the mentioned about that interesting isometric RPG where the bad guys won with them, at the bottom they give a 'we're in talks talking about it with them' about doing something New Vegas-esqe wise reguading Fallout 4.

It might not happen, or it might just be DLC. Who knows. I don't want to get my heart broken getting too excited for it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm looking for a mod or possibly just a console command but I'm not sure what to search for exactly. Basically my issue is that my companions seem to get fixated on certain enemy types and every so often will make a comment on them, even when they aren't around. This includes companions who aren't with me at the time, if I walk through Sanctuary they will all pipe up as I walk past. In my current game its Raiders and on another character its Super Mutants. Like I'm going through the Mechanist's base right now and Ada just made a little comment about how Raiders are a disgrace to humanity or w/e.

I'm assuming its because some kind of dialogue switch got flipped and doesn't get turned off like it should. Is there some way to fix this easily or will I have to go into the Creation Kit and delete those idle comments from everyone's dialogue line by line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

If even half of these weapons work as described this one would be a game-changer. Seriously considering a restart right now.