Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Mm, yes, I supposed Moat didn't vote for Inf.

C'mon you know you still wanna murder me anyway. Release your hatred. Cut me down. I shall become more stumpy than you can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

C'mon you know you still wanna murder me anyway. Release your hatred. Cut me down. I shall become more stumpy than you can imagine.

Are you hoping for a repeat performance?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Are you hoping for a repeat performance?

Not following you but sure

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Last time I let loose it totally dragged a game down. I don't feel like releasing hatred, and I'm not voting you for what you said in your scum doc in Overwatch.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Last time I let loose it totally dragged a game down. I don't feel like releasing hatred, and I'm not voting you for what you said in your scum doc in Overwatch.

I just want you to kill me and feel better.

:glomp:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

I just want you to kill me and feel better.

:glomp:

I'm gonna feel better once we lynch you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

:waycool:

Too bad I can still post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

alloerotic asphyxiation?

Huh, learn something new every day.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Why are we voting Moat exactly?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Li Dawny posted:

Why are we voting Moat exactly?

I, too, am unclear on this.

Li, who is your strongest scumread? I feel like you've been posting but haven't really made a strict alignment call yet.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Infin- I like to just imagine you screaming all the time brandishing knives as you vehemently accuse people of being scum in-between shotgunning tall boys of fosters. Is this accurate?

:australia:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

alloerotic asphyxiation?

Huh, learn something new every day.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

I, too, am unclear on this.

Li, who is your strongest scumread? I feel like you've been posting but haven't really made a strict alignment call yet.

I'm not great at day one, and I'm super not great at making calls, but I want to say that AA has spent may of their time today carefully maintaining their non-alliance with people and doing not much else. They pick a bit here or there, but most of it reads like they want to maintained their distance from anyone to avoid being tagged as 'scumbros', but not in a natural way. It seems forced, like scum would do.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Only Quid's compelling case is filled with points that don't logically make sense. Like there a several inaccuracies versus what I've actually said and how he interpreted them, and now he's too busy to address them.

I get he's got IRL obligations, but that's lovely to be blatantly wrong and false about something and leave that to stew out there.

At this point, I don't care too much anymore.

Not a good post. Should I not be playing mafia all day because I have something to go do later? This is a bad reason to think I am scummy and you are pushing a narrative that I did this on purpose to avoid your inevitable breaking apart of my points or whatever. Really don't get where you're coming from or why you are so upset I have cased you. Isn't reading as genuine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

To respond to your points:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This post is riddled with inaccuracies. First, I state I can see both sides of the argument presented by Max and Adahn, but asking why would scum think Adahn's plan was a good idea, in no way contradicts me seeing merit in both presented courses of action.

quote:

I say I can't possibly rationalize him as scum with his plan because it doesn't seem like something scum would advocate.

I will admit to misunderstanding what you were saying a bit, and perhaps I have a bit of confirmation bias going because if I think you're scum it's automatically scummy for you to be going "Wait why would scum side with you" to excuse yourself from siding with him. But that doesn't mean you FORGOT about it, which was a mis-speak on my part; I think it more likely you are trying to cover your bases now since you, as scum, agreed with him. But you are correct in saying that I was inaccurate in jumping on you for asking this question, I guess? It seems like an odd thing to be basing your entire LOOK AT QUID'S INACCURACIES point around.

quote:

Second, I definitely take a side and present the odds for a correct dousing to happen if we no lynch and explain how it's more advantageous for us to lynch.

From my perspective this is not true and your post history doesn't show this to me. I see you waffling back and forth about what would be the best course of action without committing to anything on it. I don't understand what the point of publicly doing this is instead of just doing it internally and then offering an opinion on it, even one that you offer and ask people for comments on. That's a town mindset. Sitting around going "I dunno, maybe, what do you guys think? Nah I don't know, maybe, don't really want to commit to that. It maybe is scum, but maybe not" etc. is a "must post" scum mindset and I don't like it.

quote:

Third, I never call adahn scum.

If you think he's being disingenuous than you are saying he is acting scummy. Saying "I can't conceive of a town motivation for doing this" is the same as a scum call. And that is what you are pushing for here:

quote:

That's why I question why he believes they would.

So yes, I do think you think Adahn is acting scummy, and I don't see why you are acting like you're not.

quote:

You're being dense and intentionally misconstruing my posts.

Incorrect.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Moatillata posted:

MMT- it looks like you've voted for almost everyone at this point. Town

Uh, what? Why?

quote:

Adahn is town. quidnose makes a compelling case on AA and dongs sure is posting an awful lot. Also, for someone (infin) who's personal crusade is to murder all lurkers there is a good deal of lurking occuring.

In summary: I would vote for AA, dongs, Infinitum or lil d right now.

This is bad too. I agree with people calling this scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

This case seems suspicious because even though AA wasn't replying to anyone he was clearly engaged in an ongoing conversation about odds/no-lynching. I can't imagine being suspicious of someone simply for not using quotes in their replies.

Quid - are you saying that those AA quotes not being directed at anyone is scummy?

Yes. I don't see a reason for posting all of that without interacting with anyone. He wasn't engaged in a conversation he was sideliney commenting on stuff until maybe he offered the math stuff. He wasn't asking quesitons, he wasn't gauging opinions, he wansn't stirring the pot to see reactions. The entirety of that conversation with himself is incredibly safe and sideliney and that says scum to me.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
quid pls respond to my posts too

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

quid, do u think moat or aa is scummier

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am glad you aren't going to be mean to me?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no not that 1

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would like to know why Moat thinks my AA case is a slam dunk beyond a "me too"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

quidnose, whats your favourite cheese

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I really love a good cheddar, a good Gouda, and a good blue. There's also a brand called Sonoma Jack that's hella bomb

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mmt was a joke because she had voted like three times.

I don't get why the other thing is scummy. I was posting opinions and my leanings at the time.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I didn't vote for anyone quid I just posted my leanings. Your argument is expansive to say the least I found it persuasive but am withholding my vote currently.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I would like to know why Moat thinks my AA case is a slam dunk beyond a "me too"

Cause he's Scum.

Gonna wait for him to post a bit more and bury himself and then make a proper case.

I'm 100% sure he's Scum, but I'm not gonna keep hammering him atm

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Cause he's Scum.

Gonna wait for him to post a bit more and bury himself and then make a proper case.

I'm 100% sure he's Scum, but I'm not gonna keep hammering him atm

Lol you do this every game. When I flip town what are the stakes?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Moat's pretty laid back about the all the heat coming his way, I dunno if that's his personality?

Some of his calls were unsubstantiated and vague, but I have trouble seeing that as a hard scumtell.

If I had the same amount of focus on me, I'd probably react the same way. Getting tree-stumped isn't terrible, and I'm not the power role.

Sure, we'd lose out on an arsonist lynch, but that's highly likely to happen anyways, and at least our power role is still out there.

So, of the two (AA and Moat) I'm less suspicious of Moat, though that's because of how cool he's playing it and could be a misread.

AA is playing much more defensively. As soon as he had some attention on him, his hackles were raised.

He's a higher risk, higher reward "target" in that he's not responding like a tree would.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

Moat's pretty laid back about the all the heat coming his way, I dunno if that's his personality?

Some of his calls were unsubstantiated and vague, but I have trouble seeing that as a hard scumtell.

If I had the same amount of focus on me, I'd probably react the same way. Getting tree-stumped isn't terrible, and I'm not the power role.

Sure, we'd lose out on an arsonist lynch, but that's highly likely to happen anyways, and at least our power role is still out there.

So, of the two (AA and Moat) I'm less suspicious of Moat, though that's because of how cool he's playing it and could be a misread.

AA is playing much more defensively. As soon as he had some attention on him, his hackles were raised.

He's a higher risk, higher reward "target" in that he's not responding like a tree would.

:cheers:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I'd still rather vote AA.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##vote Quidnose

I'm reading over his case on AA and it very much looks to me like a scum Quid trying to say whatever he can to get AA mislynched. I feel like a town Quid would at least be wavering on his opinion on AA as their discussion progresses but the fact that he's instead doubling down feels like a fabrication.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Quidnose

I'm reading over his case on AA and it very much looks to me like a scum Quid trying to say whatever he can to get AA mislynched. I feel like a town Quid would at least be wavering on his opinion on AA as their discussion progresses but the fact that he's instead doubling down feels like a fabrication.

Ive never played with him before, is this his normal style of play?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMT you know this is like the third game in a row you've had an incorrect scum read on me on D1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Lol you do this every game. When I flip town what are the stakes?

Lol but ur gonna flip scum tho

Lol

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Lol but ur gonna flip scum tho

Lol

Afraid to make it interesting? If you're 100% those are pretty good odds.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll shave my beard if you're town

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

I'll shave my beard if you're town

Before and after pics and you have a deal m8. If you are right I will buy you a new av or archives or some poo poo.

:getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Before and after pics and you have a deal m8. If you are right I will buy you a new av or archives or some poo poo.

:getin:

Deal.

My beard needed a bit of a shave anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Protip I use a straight razor to shape my beard.

So GG.

• Locked thread