Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I read someone describing this and thought 'no way it's that cool' and actually it turned out to be cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

I read someone describing this and thought 'no way it's that cool' and actually it turned out to be cooler

It looks badass. I love it

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm really hoping that the costume is treated as the plot coupon this time. Like you brave the dungeon to get your enchanted shoes, belt, and, eventually, the legendary hat.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I hope Beedle is in the game as an alien conspiracy believer

He'll be right

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

SMOKIN
SICK
STYLE!!!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They keep talking up the importance of surveying the landscape from on high but I haven't seen or heard anything about Tingle's inclusion in this game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They keep talking up the importance of surveying the landscape from on high but I haven't seen or heard anything about Tingle's inclusion in this game.

he's probably in castle town (no access)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
So what's the over/under on this being possible in Breath of the Wild

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

oh god

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://youtu.be/F5zpnV5qwOk

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I hope its in and I hope it allows crazy sequence breaks and movement tricks

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and yet I bet you anything it'll be a tight coherent package, something link is known for

for real the last time I was this excited about a zelda at e3 was when I was a tween with a nintendo website downloading wind waker videos from nintendo's 'media server' which made me feel very important

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I cannot loving wait for this game. :syoon:

Holy poo poo it's literally Skyrim Hyrule :allears:

So glad I bought a physical copy Twilight Princess HD so I can have a Wolf buddy helping me out all game :swoon:

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Zas posted:

and yet I bet you anything it'll be a tight coherent package, something link is known for

for real the last time I was this excited about a zelda at e3 was when I was a tween with a nintendo website downloading wind waker videos from nintendo's 'media server' which made me feel very important

oh yeah, still stoked as hell for it. seems like they took the best elements from all of those games and put them into something beautiful.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So. NWPlayer, hacker that is best known for datamining Splatoon and uncovering and making videos of weapons before they came out, basically is helping out a guy leak out the E3 demo. This guy just shoved an SD card into a Wii U at E3, copy/pasted the 16gig demo and now they're working together to get it out there, apparently it'll be out tomorrow and you'll need a modded Wii U for that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So. NWPlayer, hacker that is best known for datamining Splatoon and uncovering and making videos of weapons before they came out, basically is helping out a guy leak out the E3 demo. This guy just shoved an SD card into a Wii U at E3, copy/pasted the 16gig demo and now they're working together to get it out there, apparently it'll be out tomorrow and you'll need a modded Wii U for that.

That guy is going to go to jail.:lol:

I'll still download that poo poo though if they can make it work.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

where'd you see this? I haven't seen her post anything about it

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Can't wait to see people asking where the fair use is when their exclusive in-house E3 demo Lets Plays are taken offline.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
E: er, oops

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Goon luck.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Okay, fixed it, batch conversion messed up the file order. I took a few minutes to screencap the conversations with the old man they skipped past. Nothing too interesting:

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 15, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thanks for this

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If the Sheikah were so smart how come they're all dead now?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jsor posted:

Okay, fixed it, batch conversion messed up the file order. I took a few minutes to screencap the conversations with the old man they skipped past. Nothing too interesting:

Thanks, i'm loving the dialogue in this game. :allears:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Serious question: are there any proper dungeons in the game or just those like 5-10 minute shrines they showed in the gameplay demos?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I just fixed a file that didn't have the player dialogue options. When he says he'll give you the paraglider for getting the stones you can say:

That wasn't part of the deal!
So I need more, now?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

quiggy posted:

Serious question: are there any proper dungeons in the game or just those like 5-10 minute shrines they showed in the gameplay demos?

Yes, but none were deliberately shown.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

quiggy posted:

There's proper dungeons, towns and NPCs but they weren't shown for story reasons.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Amppelix posted:

Yes, but none were deliberately shown.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

There's proper dungeons, towns and NPCs but they weren't shown for story reasons.

Ok good, in that case I'm 100% on board. I was watching at work with the sound off so I missed a lot of details about what they were/weren't showing like that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I dig the old guy aping the nes old guy esthetic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You know what would be some scary stuff? Randomly pulling out the Shiekablet to set up a pin and see that you're connecting to a wi-fi network.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also there's over 100 of those shrines, according to the livestream.

Just in case, you know, it wasn't clear how loving huge the game world is. :asoiaf:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
That map looks super cool

Rime posted:

Also there's over 100 of those shrines, according to the livestream.

Just in case, you know, it wasn't clear how loving huge the game world is. :asoiaf:

Goddamn

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Link ragdolls when he gets sent flying:

https://gfycat.com/AnguishedPrestigiousAntelopegroundsquirrel

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

lmao, no. the booths don't have consoles visible, they're development units and behind lock and key.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
When they were climbing to the shrine in the one video it reminded me of the ice cliffs in FF7.

I hope you don't have to wait till level 20 to get your mech in this game...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Med School posted:

When they were climbing to the shrine in the one video it reminded me of the ice cliffs in FF7.

I hope you don't have to wait till level 20 to get your mech in this game...

The first 5 hours are just Hyrule

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the game world being super large isn't an inherently good thing. It'll depend on how dense they make the areas with things to do/interact with. The 100+ shrines hopefully point to that being the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
To me, the weapon durability and cooking looks like it's probably their attempt to answer "what am I doing minute to minute?" Like, yeah, you're travelling from shrine to town to dungeon with some vague goals, but they put those in to prevent the open world from being too empty, because you can always kill a boar or take down a camp to get a chest or whatever.