Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

SurfaceDetail posted:

Im morbidly curious as to where you and your cat are being buried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SurfaceDetail posted:

Its insanely cool we are all IT people with cats we love very much

It's not that surprising considering where we are. The sort of people that end up here I mean.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Lmao, if only :D

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

SurfaceDetail posted:

Its insanely cool we are all IT people with cats we love very much

No, no and no.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

wish eightace would come around, I have a feeling things are very interesting at CIG!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What wonderful reactions did CIG offices have at COD:IW's reveal?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

God drat dude that's loving savage.

ninja edit: posting from 4200!!!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

How much broken stuff has to be replaced in Chris' office?

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

BattleMaster posted:

How much broken stuff has to be replaced in Chris' office?

Restoration hardware stuff is pretty well built. Chris hurt his hand really bad.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I wonder if that is a bug so much as a griefer or :pgabz: shooting footage for his next video...

Who needs a news van, amirite?

EDIT: w00t! Got a post in on page 4200!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

So after seeing E3 trailers: I can't wait for Mass Effect Andromeda, COD space looks like it's going to out-do Squadron 42, and even that Prey game that Bethesda showed looked interesting.

Meanwhile at CIG: :laffo:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Ironic that she thinks the chocobo is a chicken. When in reality they're the chickens. Too chicken to talk about SC at E3!

CAH-cuh-CAH-cuh-CAH-cuh-CAH

Chah-chee-chah-chee-chah-chee-chah

Adoodledoodledoo! A doodledoodledoo! Adoodle doodle doo!

Cacoocachah! Cacoocachah!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Palisader posted:

Which I think is the only thing moving it from "lies" to "self deception" in my mind. It's still not the truth. And I see these guys roaming around, trying to convince other people to buy in by saying "this and that are available in game!" and it's a lie, and that annoys me. Even if you wholeheartedly believe that this project will be successful, moving cargo or the ability to earn ships or multiple star systems are not in the goddamn game. At best they are supposed to be. Stop lying to people, you pricks.

Edit oh for goodness sake, I've run out of pictures that aren't of a baby I'm sorry

Pics of your little commando are A-OK by me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Propagandist posted:

ninja edit: posting from 4200!!!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

4200 BLAZE IT....

... IN SPACE

:birddrugs:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Propagandist posted:

Ironic that she thinks the chocobo is a chicken. When in reality they're the chickens. Too chicken to talk about SC at E3!

B-Tak!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Inkel posted:

So ideate posted this on discord..

It looks like CIG made it to E3 afterall..
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/742853960927563776

Ignorant oval office!!!! a Chocobo is not a chicken dumb rear end bitch

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Kweh!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Morris posted:

Goondolences on the loss of your tiny panda friend :glomp: I will give my own panda catte extra belly rubs today.

I realize I'm like 2 years behind everyone else here, but are y'all saying that the fucky physics in pgabz's videos is because CIG married themselves to a geometry system that was fundamentally incompatible with the engine, after having been advised of that fact, and haven't been able to fix it for two years because they're too busy putting in a cash shop to play dress-up dolls?

And that it basically boils down to "CIG didn't understand floating point numbers when they started coding the physics?"

Someday I may be as jaded as the rest of you but that's incredible.

And, you know, that clothing store also doesn't work reliably, right?

(Plus all the clothes show Sandi's acute fashion sense too, IMO.)

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
:catdrugs: :420: 4200 CIG :420: :catdrugs:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Streetroller posted:

I like seeing people argue saying that CIG's ToS is no different than any other gaming company.

Putting aside the legality of the fact that every other ToS refund policy begins when you RECEIVE a product versus when you PAY for a product, let's compare Terms with a company that won "Worst company of the year" TWICE --- Electronic Arts!
This is just what I could find.

Agreement to terms

"By looking at these terms, you're agreeing to them"

"We may make changes to these terms, but you only agree by expressing clicking 'I Agree'"
Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration

"Go gently caress yourself"

"Feel free to take us to court"

"I'm too lazy, you come here"

"If you're in the US, we're happy to accommodate you."

"We're coming after you if you try to gently caress with us, don't you dare"

"If you win, we make it worth your while and fire the jackass that screwed up. You don't even have to pay our attorneys, that's how confident we are."

Refunds

"Lol, no"

"You get a refund as long you don't try to claim we owe millions, let's be reasonable"

TOS Violations

"We can literally close your account and not refund you.... For whatever the gently caress we want!"

"We'll close your account if you try to steal information or break laws, we can't allow that poo poo. We also value our customers, so don't gently caress with them either. If we do close the account, you may still be able to get a refund, because that's covered under a different section. Look it up."

Just a few I could find, I'm sure there are more.

This is a superb post.

edit - here's the link to the full post, it isn't being quoted properly and I'm too lazy to fix it.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4199#post461051482

Don't want anyone to miss this.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, page SQ42 thousand.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Redditors have successfully infiltrated and turned this into a thread about dead pets.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

This is a superb post.

edit - here's the link to the full post, it isn't being quoted properly and I'm too lazy to fix it.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4199#post461051482

Full post is also doing the rounds on E:D forum, it's getting some good coverage although it's late at night in the EU at the moment.

It is a glorious post though. :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I feel the need to post on this momentous Page of Our Lord, 4200.

:gary::kayak::kayak::yarg:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
SQ4200

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

Great TOS comparison. Also notable is simply how they're written - you can see the difference when you have professional lawyers and people familiar with game development, vs the hacked-together ambulance-chaser cheap imitation that CIG puts out. The writing styles are worlds apart. It's just another example of CIG not being a real game development company, but rather one that looks over at other successful ones and attempts to imitate what they're doing, without really understanding it.

You can bet your rear end that, in true archer fashion, their TOS are stitched together from stuff they have picked from other ones. Most likely some other scummy kickstarter projects.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Page 4200 - Develop Games Everyday.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the new ToS means that CIG is preparing for the cut and run phase of the development cycle

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Squadron 4200 gonna be worst goty of 2124

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

This is a superb post.

Streetroller made an awesome post. The change in working is striking, CIG's ToS is written like a hack paralegal made it, not a real lawyer. (Oh, wait...)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Squadron 4200 is never coming out.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

EminusSleepus posted:

Ignorant oval office!!!! a Chocobo is not a chicken dumb rear end bitch

Are you ok Commando?

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

"Give me money and I'll give you shit in return."
CIG ToS
New ToS saying go gently caress yourself = Love

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5/page176

New CIG shill/whale detected, or just someone who's a bit emotional about it all.

quote:

No the actual gem is that you and Derek Smart are so caught up in all of this. Look I am an original backer of both Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. In fact I seem to remember Chris Roberts congratulating ED and providing a link to ED's home page.

Then there are you people who are following Sandy's tweets and her Facebook, and the Facebook of other actors and directors. All tying in to some wild conspiracy theory about the theft of resources or money. What I don't understand, if Star Citizen is such a con, why have 300 employees? Why have 5 different studios? Why hire real talent for acting? Derek Smart and the majority of the posts here would have someone believe it is all a scam. Didn't Derek say the same thing about Elite Dangerous? Was it a scam?

Why spend all this money if they were actually trying to produce nothing? Now the idea that they might not be able to produce what they have said is different. They have stated that will take time, and honestly, as long as they keep building and adding to the mini-PU I haven't seen any "large" backers or even small backers get very upset. I didn't and I am a large backer.

Also... this whole "evocati" nonsense. I was in a test group over a year ago for the organization module. I had to sign an NDA then. Having a test group prior to PTU release has been common practice since the very beginning. This is a fact, "every single PTU build or module add-on has had a test group... it has just now been named "evocati" "... you can quote me on that. So, there is no drama there. In fact the only real drama seems to be with Derek Smart and the rest of you.

Personally... and thats all I can speak for really... I kinda think that saying CIG will be demolished because of the new release of any other game is silly. ED came out and SC has continued to grow in both backers and funding. Don't get me wrong ED is a great game and I enjoy playing it but it is a different game than SC. Then there is the "threat" posed by other first person shooters. Nope. They are not the same as ED nor SC. Sure they share some traits but that's all.

Also, for some reason people keep saying that SC is a "twitch" game. It is not. In fact Chris Roberts has repeatedly said that he does not want a "twitch" game experience in the first person shooter mode.

And lastly, CIG stated months ago that they were not going to be attending E3. This is nothing new, they did not "pull out", they said they simply did not have the time to spend on it (and it is a huge effort involving major time from several teams) with trying to get Squadron 42 ready. Also last time I checked Sandy is a person and allowed to attend anything she wants. Are you going to start saying she cannot go to movies, conventions, or any other thing simply because she works for CIG? Doesn't that seem more than a bit silly? Also, even if she is going representing CIG and RSI... great! That is her job last time I checked. So she is just doing her job by attending a major gaming advertising event. Where is the problem?

Sigh... look, Star Citizen is a different game than Elite Dangerous. Just as Elite Dangerous is different from Battlefront 2. They share some traits but that is all. There has been a resurgence in space simulation games. That is great. That means people who like to play all these different types of space sim games get a chance because more are being developed. In the end, if we as backers of Star Citizen choose to spend our money on it... why do any of you care? Seriously, it's not like I cannot afford it. Further, no matter how much I spend... if I lost it tomorrow... it's nothing I cannot afford to lose. Even if I did, wouldn't that really be my business? Unless you are a backer of Star Citizen, and a large one (since many $60 or $100 Kickstarter projects fail I really am not going to include minimum backers here) at that I really don't think you have anything to say. I AM a large backer... and I have been around long enough to watch Smart pull these same high jinks time and again when he gets upset at something. I just don't understand why anyone else would even care.

*note to admin. While I have mentioned Mr. Smart in this post, I have not called him any names nor have I actually disparaged him in any horrible fashion. I am hoping that you will not delete this post simply because it disagree's with him and the majority (it seems) of other posters in this thread.

SC Nick - Mani
ED - Sixthscents

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 15, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
p4200

:toot:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Holy poo poo dude I am so sorry

Everybody's cat is going to die before this thread is over.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I made it on to 4200 with a Squadron 42 joke!

(And by joke I mean Squadron 42.)

Btw open that image on Imgur and see the full resolution version. I had to timg it otherwise it would've made the page huge... But it's amazing!)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 15, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

It's like stacking a 2016 game next to a 2005 game, and I think I'm being generous tbh. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Godmode Enabled posted:

Are you ok Commando?

now I am ok, had my coffee already lol

• Locked thread