Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Have a wallpaper

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Look, Nintendo, just give us the pretty painted artwork, don't cram a logo onto it. You did the same drat thing for the Majora's Mask ones :sigh:.

Infinitum posted:

Grab the press kit then
http://nintendo.e3press.com/Event

User: Nintendo
Pass: ZeldaE32016

Download away

The full size and logo-less version of that photo is 154Mb and 21793x9961 by the by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My BotW wallpaper is going to be Link lying on the ground in flames thanks to Bill.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

are there miiverse stamps

wiregrind
Jun 26, 2013

The sandbox stuff you can do with trees, rocks and burning grass to defeat enemies is amazing. Also the strong winds pushing objects and moving fires around is crazy, they made the mountain wind work as another tool for the player.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I'm pretty impressed by the enemy AI so far, even for the filler types. Could make combat actually sort of fun!

This is more bad luck on the player's part, but look at this bokoblin completely own this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMs2tLKK088&t=384s

wiregrind
Jun 26, 2013

SirPenguin posted:

I'm pretty impressed by the enemy AI so far, even for the filler types. Could make combat actually sort of fun!

This is more bad luck on the player's part, but look at this bokoblin completely own this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMs2tLKK088&t=384s

is it me, or did the music actually sync some dramatic musical cues when important events happened? like when link shoots at the explosive a second time, or the enemy grabbed the explosive at 6:27
I think wind waker used to do that sort of thing.

wiregrind fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 15, 2016

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
everything i have seen looks good except the last shrine they showed. half life 2 wants its rigged physics puzzles back

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Rocketlex posted:

On a meta-level, I wonder if this is going to be the Breath of the Wild equivalent of the rented items in Link Between Worlds. Basically, you can find crappy and breakable versions of any item you want anywhere in the world, but each dungeon gives you a good, non-breakable version of one of the game's main items. It would allow you to do the dungeons in any order while still making you legitimately stronger with each one.

Maybe there will also be a smithy in towns where you can pay rupees to repair damaged weapons, so you can get more use out of the weapons you find in chests. Or forges that let you fix weapons using ores.

As for the Master Sword, maybe it starts out rusty and weak, but unbreakable. You can then find upgrades that improve it into the ultimate weapon.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This game sold me an NX on day one.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I just realized, that old, mossy, chipped, beaten up Master Sword we saw...

:ohdear:

Poor robot friend.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's been long. too long.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is seriously looking like my most anticipated game in perhaps a decade. I just... I just love everything about what I'm seeing. I don't have a Wii U, I've had serious doubts about Nintendo for several years now. But its beyond clear that despite their faults they still know what they are doing. They still know how to make a game that makes you happy simply watching it. And they have perfected the present day E3 format with their treehouse club. No bullshit SUPER SERIOUS multimedia extravaganza, just hours of playing video games live. Now, it may not work as well when they can't exhibit a game as vast and as deep as Zelda but it is such a breath of fresh air watching funny, charismatic, and personable people just sit down and play the game instead of the poo poo we see in an Ubisoft conference.

It's also amazing to compare just what Nintendo did today with the standard E3 conference. So often while watching the Microsoft/Sony/EA/Ubisoft conferences you'll see a 5 minute scripted demo of some game and afterwards feel as if you now know all you need to about it. Like, it was cool while watching it but it doesn't stick with you. You kind of know that what you saw is basically what you are going to get for the entire however many hours the game is. But here's Nintendo playing a single game for 5 loving hours and you feel as if they have barely scratched the surface of what the game offers. 5 hours of gameplay and I'm only eager for more.

Bravo Nintendo

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 15, 2016

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Wyvernil posted:

Maybe there will also be a smithy in towns where you can pay rupees to repair damaged weapons, so you can get more use out of the weapons you find in chests. Or forges that let you fix weapons using ores.

As for the Master Sword, maybe it starts out rusty and weak, but unbreakable. You can then find upgrades that improve it into the ultimate weapon.

It's pretty obvious that at some point you'll get the "unbreakable" items like the Hylian Shield and the Master Sword. Maybe the weapon types feature mean that using the Master Sword won't always be the most effective one and that a club or a spear is a better option.

That of course gets me thinking of every weapon type having a hidden ultimate like a Zora Spear or a Goron Club or a Kokori Bow.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you watch this video they show off the edge of the Plateau. There's a massive wall around it. Basically it looks like they've sealed off this entire section of Hyrule.
Cannot wait to explore the lore of this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dar1t_L2wBk

Holy poo poo when they start putting markers on the map and show you just how absolutely gigantic Hyrule is.

:allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Game of the Year
http://i.imgur.com/fJf57Q7.webm
Every Year

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Rime posted:

From that thread:

With how balls to the wall they're going, this might be the Final Zelda. :tinfoil:

lol that you actually believe the map will be that large

its actually LARGER

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finally, a LoZ game I can play until death.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lol that you actually believe the map will be that large

its actually LARGER

I think it's even bigger than that as well.

It's stupidly huge.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

I think it's even bigger than that as well.

It's stupidly huge.

I think it's safe to say they've been vindicated on all the delays, nevermind an NX version :eyepop:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
All the people talking about how the NX version is going to be definitive have apparently already forgotten Twilight Princess...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Miyamoto is talking about beating Ganon with no clothes on the stream right now.

I hope we can go full-on Doctor Manhattan, not just wimpy underwear. Butts and dongs are funny. Yes, part of me is apparently still 12.

Bean posted:

My hilariously supported fan theory that totally means a lot you guys is that we're just after the great flood, the world has drained, the ocean floor has gone a bit wild, and now we've got to get things sort of repopulated.

Also I'm disappointed we haven't seen The Hat yet.

Doesn't work, Phantom Hourglass picks up like, a month after TWW and then Spirit Tracks is soon enough after that there's still a couple people living.

Three Cookies posted:

Can I scan my Bayonetta amiibo in and play as her?

Down that road lies madness. And by madness I mean "You're a squid now/You're a hero of courage now"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Holy poo poo, I was reading up on the official timeline, and I knew there were 2 separate timelines after OoT, but I didn't realize there were 3, and they're all pretty friggin' bleak. Either Link loses to Ganon and dies, or he beats Ganon but the next time Ganon comes back Link doesn't show up and Hyrule is basically hosed forever, and meanwhile kid Link gets Majora's Mask which is the most depressing (but amazing) LoZ game :(

The young Link timeline seems like it'd be the best candidate for new games, since the other 2 timelines have been explored pretty thoroughly, whereas the young Link one only really has MM which is immediately after OoT, and Twilight Princess, which seems to take place not too long after OoT/MM.

Then again it's Legend of Zelda so who the hell knows/cares (me)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

This game sold me an NX on day one.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-on-wii-u-and-nx-will-be-t/1100-6440876/

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, I can't get mad that the NX version wont be even prettier.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Considering how goddamn big the game is already, it was probably so they wouldn't accidentally break poo poo in one version or the other.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Actually, that's a bit worrying. Not about Zelda itself, but it makes me wonder if NX is going to have zero backwards compatibility...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Keiya posted:

Actually, that's a bit worrying. Not about Zelda itself, but it makes me wonder if NX is going to have zero backwards compatibility...

I hope it doesn't, other than emulated older titles. Nintendo constantly gimps their new consoles so they can play older games. It would be nice if they went SNES style and made something that was superior.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Keiya posted:

Well, there's a pretty good chance it wont. Kimishima stated the NX will not be a continuation of the Wii and Wii U, and there's strong evidence supporting the cartridge rumor.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There's something gigantic that climbs constantly around the volcano :aaaaa:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Here, watch the right-hand slope of the volcano as Link runs towards the camera from 12:03 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dar1t_L2wBk

(in the highest res possible, obviously)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope it's the Biggoron.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I never really expected my childhood dream of "It's Legend of Zelda but, also, also all my other favorite games, and it's going to be super good" to come true, but here we are. BRB, I need to make a time machine so I can tell my seven year old self.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A game on an open world, with food for health, markers to navigate and optional minidungeons you can explore at your leisure. I guess Nintendo saw what Witcher 3 was cooking. Might make me buy my first Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You were a wiser man than I, evilmiera.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Have they shown any form of fast travel yet or anything, because having a gigantic map is one of those things that sounds like it'd be neat until you have to actually traverse it.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Have they shown any form of fast travel yet or anything, because having a gigantic map is one of those things that sounds like it'd be neat until you have to actually traverse it.

Yes, the shrines become fast travel points as soon as you visit each one.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

They said once you get into a shrine and update your Sheikah Slate you get a warp point there, yeah.

e:f;b

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
can't wait to play this far cry 2/dragon's dogma/zelda crossover

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Did they say something in the stream about Link changing hair styles? I thought I heard that but it was real brief.

Also I hope they left NPCs out because Hyrule is now populated by giraffes or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bean posted:

Did they say something in the stream about Link changing hair styles? I thought I heard that but it was real brief.

Also I hope they left NPCs out because Hyrule is now populated by giraffes or something.

In one of the pre recorded clips they showed of other areas off the plateau, it definitely looked like Link had a different hair style.