Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I grind my grocery store beans in a burr grinder and then press them in my $20 insulated press. it makes good coffee I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

like do you sit around and sip your 1.75 oz $200 machine coffee out of a tiny cup or do you just pound it like shots or what

i literally dont know ive never had expresso or whatever

its good to get sometimes

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like espresso after some meals dining out, its a nice difestif to curbstomp the sleepies after eating carb heavy poo poo like pasta/italian etc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
correction, i have had espresso then

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

had philz today but did not buy any beans since I'm still well-stocked at home

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

speaking of, odds that philz pays to show up in almost every episode of Silicon Valley this season or just the show trying to buy cred?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Must be the former as i've never heard of it, they must be trying to build some brand cachet?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Must be the former as i've never heard of it, they must be trying to build some brand cachet?
they're pretty popular already in the Bay Area, at least in Palo Alto

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
is that the pourover place? I think rotor took me there when i was up in the bay area a couple years back

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sniep posted:

is that the pourover place? I think rotor took me there when i was up in the bay area a couple years back
yeah that's likely it

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
it was really good

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
if you were visiting a pourover place around san francisco / union square area it was probably blue bottle coffee

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

CrazyLittle posted:

if you were visiting a pourover place around san francisco / union square area it was probably blue bottle coffee

could very well have been

TOO BAD ROTOR DOESNT HANG OUT HERE ANYMORE TO TELL ME

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I buy blue bottle beans too

Both good roasters

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Shaggar posted:

I grind my grocery store beans in a burr grinder and then press them in my $20 insulated press. it makes good coffee I guess.

i cold brew whatever's on sale at costco and i grind it in a rinkydink blade grinder that i put a new motor in because the old one lit on fire and shot smoke at me

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

like do you sit around and sip your 1.75 oz $200 machine coffee out of a tiny cup or do you just pound it like shots or what

when i spro at a reputable place i stir it up with the little spoon they serve it with as it cools a bit, and sip it (but it's still a tiny cup and that only takes a minute or two)

if possible i like to look out a window at the city, but if i'm at home the windows are real boring

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Usagi-Sauce
Dec 2, 2005

YAMOxNINJA
~otp~

Jonny 290 posted:

idk if there's an Authentic Ritual you gotta do that's handed down from some 110 year old italian coffee sage, mine usually goes in a latte because i'm already making one for the gf, or i down it if i'm in a hurry and just want to not have a headache all morning

making and drinking coffee however the gently caress you want is v important but man it tweaks me when people say you literally can't make espresso at home because they spent $2000 on a commercial machine and $0 on no grinder and theirs came out lovely.
i don't wanna be the coffee police but i cannot help trying to be the bullshit police

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

I make my coffee similar to this, except I use good beans and it comes out better than anything that comes out of some bullshit machine.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

drinking coffee rn

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
looks like it's gonna thunderstorm which means no roasting this afternoon :/

but i did get back on the aeropress train this morning which was good

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
I never "got" aeropress

the time i tried it it seemed like an awful lot of effort and mess for a really small amount of rather unexciting coffee

and hot water sitting in a plastic thing for a while idk

it's been relegated to the back of a cupboard ever since i first tried it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

this thread is an abomination

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
moka pot home coffee supremacy imho, tho i havent yet had a good pourover kit at home and am totally willing to give that a go

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sniep posted:

I never "got" aeropress

the time i tried it it seemed like an awful lot of effort and mess for a really small amount of rather unexciting coffee

i'm in it for the precise control of many different brewing variables and ease-of-use

no channeling worries like most pourovers, and i only hosed up and made a huge mess that one time in germany

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
so its like for autismal coffee doing then, got it

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sniep posted:

yeah

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Sniep posted:

I never "got" aeropress

i just follow the aeropress's included instructions and it makes good coffee faster, with less cleanup than the drip pot. gently caress all that upside down wait 5 minute sperg acrobatics

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

drinking coffee

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sniep posted:

i think that's a vacuum pot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CFAr8oEfc

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

yeah lol no none of that

anything with an LoE above a moka pot is pretty much self-defeating for me when in the moment to decide what im gonna use

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
office coffee. keurig. black.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sniep posted:

yeah lol no none of that

anything with an LoE above a moka pot is pretty much self-defeating for me when in the moment to decide what im gonna use

I'd rather have to clean https://twitter.com/malweene/status/632482380985597952 (including fetching five gallons of water from a half-mile away) than clean a vac pot after normal use

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

i only steep for about 30 seconds in the aeropress (inverted). it's easy and mindless and perfect every time

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

im going to ikes and im going to get a can of diet pepsi because they dont have diet coke for some reason

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

im going to ikes and im going to get a can of diet pepsi because they dont have diet coke for some reason

gross, dude

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Fayez Butts posted:

i only steep for about 30 seconds in the aeropress (inverted). it's easy and mindless and perfect every time

still too much effort

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

buy a bonavita. they're cool and good

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

triple sulk posted:

buy a bonavita. they're cool and good
they're the least bad automatic drip coffee maker

That's something I suppose!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imo, instead of having another plug in appliance in the kitcn, consider NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Smythe posted:

imo, instead of having another plug in appliance in the kitcn, consider NOT
agreed

I put all of my coffee poo poo (grinder, scale, electric kettle, etc) back in the cabinet every time despite using those more than anything else in my kitchen because I can't stand the clutter