Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I want to see Chris punching giant boulders or Leon round house kicking people through 2nd story Windows again.

I have edited your words to better reflect my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Serious Frolicking posted:

i wanna suplex a ghost

My BF and I actually ended up late-night hashing out the basics of a plot for 'Ghost Punchers'. I have you to thank. If it goes anywhere, a ghost will be suplexed in your honor. I'll even demand the credits read 'ghost suplexed in honor of Serious Frolicking'

E: Hell you could potentially BE the ghost being suplexed! Would depend on your going rate, though.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 15, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

It's an image composite of 2 or 3 guns, with about 1/3rd of an M16 being the most recognizable. His body looks like a composite of multiple images too.

It's really the perfect cover.

I love how the stock is hosed up beyond belief :allears:

There's also GIANT MIRRORED SPIDERS and like... silhouettes of skulls and elk or something?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They need to team up with Koei and make Resident Evil Warriors. Just a Dynasty Warriors brawler where you now down BOWs in the hundreds.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Len posted:

They need to team up with Koei and make Resident Evil Warriors. Just a Dynasty Warriors brawler where you now down BOWs in the hundreds.

As long as there are swim trunks costumes for everyone and one of Leon's musou attacks is him posing while shouting "You're small time"

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
RE6 complete pack is 80% off on steam right now (it's re6+some lovely mp dlc noone plays). To spite some re1-3 loving grognards I'll gift one copy to someone deserving, first one to post email or steamid gets it.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Klaus Kinski posted:

RE6 complete pack is 80% off on steam right now (it's re6+some lovely mp dlc noone plays). To spite some re1-3 loving grognards I'll gift one copy to someone deserving, first one to post email or steamid gets it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chippita/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Klaus Kinski posted:

To counterbalance, Rev2's Penis Colony is a fuckin' buck and a penny.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

widespread posted:

To counterbalance, Rev2's Penis Colony is a fuckin' buck and a penny.

Wtf is a penis colony :psyduck:

It doesn't sound like something I'd pay for

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Convex posted:

Rev2's plot is centered around a virus which triggers when you get horny.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I enjoyed the Resident Evil 7 demo in a big way! I hope the VHS tape mechanic plays a major role in the final game, because I think they could build some really cool secrets and puzzles around it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I also enjoyed the RE7 demo. I'm on the fence about items being tucked away in places, because while it's cool to crouch and see something under a table you wouldn't have noticed, or something between a shelf and a wall, I'm going to have to be far more meticulous with exploration of a spooky location and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that. Like, it's good that the lockpick wasn't a shining or otherwise highlighted in the world, but with so many details it's going to be easy to overlook something useful because I forgot to check the rafters in an area or something.

I'm intrigued with the setting and it gives me a strong Cabin in the Woods vibe. All the RE games take a big turn half-way through where the stereotypical horror location gives way to laboratories and you start getting mountains of files detailing what Umbrella was working on that created whatever it is that you've been killing. With the photograph in third floor, I think (spoilered for speculation) the house and the surrounding areas are being used as a staging ground for Umbrella. The Baker boy mentioned in the VHS is probably connected with Umbrella in some way, whether he knows it or not. The PC from the demo is placed there by Umbrella, drugged and altered as evidenced by the medical equipment on the table in the room where you wake up. You aren't killed at the end, so I think this is fairly regular or how Umbrella stocks the community with more members, who they can monitor from a distance. Edging away from the out-right paranormal, the changes that happen while you are inside the house could be explained away with magnets or other rigging, and the changes that happen due to the VHS could be controlled remotely or with someone while you are occupied. Since a note is placed in front of you without you noticing, I imagine that there's a measure of hypnotic control in use as well. It gets more and more complex the more I try to think about it, but Resident Evil has always been about Man vs Man, or Man vs Science. No matter how hosed up the monster is, someone created it. Ghosts and paranormal activities seem out of place, which is why I think there's going to be some explanation behind it all that's more than just "it's haunted."

Are there any good videos or links that go in depth on the details and secrets in the demo? I watched one that showed me the fuse and the axe, but I've heard about a finger I never found, I've seen a few ghost girl gifs, and I'd like to know what exactly causes the mannequins to move around and if there's any significance in the differences from real world and VHS world, like the headphones on the table upstairs that are only there in VHS mode.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mannequins move if you walk while not facing them. There's a fourth ending if you grab the fuse, head upstairs and answer the phone without the mannequins turning around - have to be fast though. Also there might be a convoluted fifth ending since you can avoid the death trigger by having your back to a wall. No idea about the axe or finger, there is that obvious other door upstairs though.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm all over the fuckin place, I hate myself for not finishing Witcher 3, I just started playthroughs in Morrowind and Skyrim but I think I'm gonna start streaming some RE5 in a bit when its done downloading. Time to punch some boulders.

edit: Live!

codo27 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 15, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Convex posted:

It's the ultimate climax in this fanfiction of mine where somehow Wesker fucks Derek.

It's actually Penal Colony, but I wanted to call it Penis Colony for the gently caress of it.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

here comes a first person beatemup where chris redfield graphically rips zombies in half like a game built for someone on a permanent berserker pack

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'd be ok with the next Doom game starring Chris Redfield.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Hell, we're pretty much there already.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Why would they spend the time and money to create a demo that will have 0 relation to the main game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because PT was well received

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Why would they spend the time and money to create a demo that will have 0 relation to the main game

Worldbuilding.

Which will mean gently caress and all once we see that we're back to fisting various forms of sediment.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I think they're just saying "these events are not terribly relevant to what will actually happen in RE7" rather than "this demo will play absolutely nothing like RE7". At least I hope so, cause the demo is really cool and I want more Condemned/PT game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lunethex posted:

It would be berserk mode all the time.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Pureauthor posted:

A lot of the time, what you play as a demo, whether it's on a show floor or as a download, is a relatively stable test area. It's not so much a part of the game as it's something they put together to make sure their systems worked as intended.

What the RE7 demo might be, then, is part of an earlier version, or something they slapped together as a representative sample out of available assets.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

it's built from a pre-existing VR tech demo they made called 'the kitchen'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Hearing the demo has zero relevance to RE7 itself is vague but leaves me more optimistic. But if it is Condemned 3 then I'll have to pass on it. Unless Wesker comes back from the grave and you can have a VR battle with him which may be the selling point I need to get a Vive or something :v:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is it Condemned 3 or Outlast, I have trouble keeping track of what game this is exactly like

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is it Condemned 3 or Outlast, I have trouble keeping track of what game this is exactly like

Silent Hills or P.T.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
by direct relation i'm pretty sure it means you won't play the scenario in the demo in the full game. it will be another house/small town of houses involving this family. gameplay will still be first person horror like the demo and will probably have a cameo or two and some files talking about the new H-Virus that has you seeing ghosts but hold on, they are not ghosts, just the ext form of plagas. just hope it's a new character we play as.

also lol at the complaining. same hilarious poo poo when re4 got rid of zombies.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 16, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

by direct relation im pretty sure it means you won't play the scenario in the demo in the full game. it will be another house/small town of houses involving this family. gameplay will still be first person horror like the demo.

Capcom confirmed this, the demo's just a vertical slice.

It also takes place in the RE universe's continuity, after RE6, which is unusual because RE6 ended with at least one entire city getting nuked by zombie gas. A haunted house in the bayou seems kind of trivial in light of that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I started playing Resident Evil 0 HD yesterday since it was on sale. I played REMake on hard so I made the same choice here. Loved the train. Didn't love dying on the screen right after the train without saving the whole time but the train was cool enough that I'll redo it today.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Oxxidation posted:

Capcom confirmed this, the demo's just a vertical slice.

It also takes place in the RE universe's continuity, after RE6, which is unusual because RE6 ended with at least one entire city getting nuked by zombie gas. A haunted house in the bayou seems kind of trivial in light of that.

yeah true but it seemed like a small spanish village with mind controlled peasants was also trivial and unrelated to the "story" compared to a city full of undead getting nuked and whatever the gently caress went on cv.

remember when re5 had its early trailers and poo poo? looked like it was just plagas in africa for awhile then hello labs, wesker, volcanic boulders.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 16, 2016

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If Umbrella is involved, there's an 80% chance that there is a sprawling multi-billion dollar complex located under that abandoned house.

Though I would be perfectly fine if it turns out just being Chris and Leon driving around America in a van investigation haunted houses and punching whatever they find in the face, be it ghost or monster.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 16, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

take your pick
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdzBCg8nf5uj3Ulkx6Jvl4Yk1b9bdwAZO
my personal choice is luigi's forgotten mansion

also re virus poo poo has shown that it can pretty much do anything so whatever weird crap can be explained with the usual super science
i mean, it's canon that there are hunters that straight up turn invisible
so the concept of 'a regular guy running into the insane bullshit that chris/leon run into every single day for their jobs' in regards to making a horror focused thing is pretty good imo

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 16, 2016

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I just hope there's a hilariously ridiculous plot in addition to incredible punching action.

Capcom please, please just give me outbreak with a active multiplayer. Maybe update the graphics a little, but I need more outbreak. I played the first one for hours and hours and hours, and the second was still good (though to many instadeath mechanics and crap on hard).

Speed running those levels were some of the most tense video game experiences I've had due to the jankiness of communication and the way they implemented the RE fixed camera without the tank controls worked extremely well.

Man, do it like a episodic release if you have to, give me the first four scenarios, release File #2 in mission packs and just keep going.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Outbreak would work a lot better with the online of today. It's really kind of sad they haven't tried to bring it back.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I just hope there's a hilariously ridiculous plot in addition to incredible punching action.

Capcom please, please just give me outbreak with a active multiplayer. Maybe update the graphics a little, but I need more outbreak. I played the first one for hours and hours and hours, and the second was still good (though to many instadeath mechanics and crap on hard).

Speed running those levels were some of the most tense video game experiences I've had due to the jankiness of communication and the way they implemented the RE fixed camera without the tank controls worked extremely well.

Man, do it like a episodic release if you have to, give me the first four scenarios, release File #2 in mission packs and just keep going.

File 2 sucked because the US version removed spoken dialogue for the speak/comment/whatever button. They'd only have lines when doing the basic commands
That was one of my favorite things to do in the first game, mash that button to hear the random comments.

But man, I played the Hell out of those games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Rumor is that someone was working on a remake of outbreak. If it comes out I want to play with you all and curse the day one of us betrays the others as they turn into a zombie. Then I'm going to help that zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Are you telling me that it's not entirely on rails or something? Because when I tried to follow the producer I got blocked by an invisible wall and figured the game wouldn't let me do anything except the one, true way.