Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Protip I use a straight razor to shape my beard.

So GG.

The shape is gonna be like a baby's bottom and the deal is sealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

The shape is gonna be like a baby's bottom and the deal is sealed.

Going back on your word scumbo?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Going back on your word scumbo?

Negative. If you just trim your beard that is some lame rear end poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Trying to back out of a deal you agreed to scumbo?

Not my fault you didn't ask for full disclosure.

:frogc00l:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like you trying to back out of this deal is super scummy to me.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

I'll shave my beard if you're town

Misleading. I expect a full shave. Otherwise you say "trim my beard". C'mon m8. I'll still buy you an av or archives. Just don't poo poo on the deal. Unless that 100% isnt feeling so 100 anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Like you trying to back out of this deal is super scummy to me.

Please stop flirting with toxxing in Mafia games.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am also extremely tired and have to go walk the dog before taking the train this morning, but here is one other thought:

Moatillata posted:

Ive never played with him before, is this his normal style of play?

My meta read on the situation is that this is pretty typical Quid play. Coming in like a missile and going through everything that has been posted is what I expected from him, and we got it, so I do disagree with MT's case.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I do that as town or scum. What about my content is saying I am town to you, Max?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Quidnose

I'm reading over his case on AA and it very much looks to me like a scum Quid trying to say whatever he can to get AA mislynched. I feel like a town Quid would at least be wavering on his opinion on AA as their discussion progresses but the fact that he's instead doubling down feels like a fabrication.

how does mmt not know how quidnose plays he literally does this in every game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

I do that as town or scum. What about my content is saying I am town to you, Max?

I guess I've never played a game with you when you were scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But I'm feeling you on the AA case, so maybe it's confirmation bias, or whatever you want to call it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That literally didn't answer my question.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That answered my question more.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah hello, I post as my thoughts come to me without pausing to combine them. Sorry about that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Before and after pics and you have a deal m8. If you are right I will buy you a new av or archives or some poo poo.

:getin:

Also I missed this part, but this is really loving game breaking.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Along the lines of my feelings toward AA, Max seems to be waffling back and forth quite a bit. He agrees with AA, then AA is slightly scummy, then AA is totally scummy with no reasoning of his own.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yeah i forgot to comment on that poo poo but it loving sucks and is basically a toxx just w/o the avatar

it might even cross the line of angle-shoot and be flat-out against the rules. lets stop doing it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

w/o the smilie

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
as mod I am going to put my foot down

no making stupid bets on alignment and flips or ill fuckin modkill you ded

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Li Dawny posted:

Along the lines of my feelings toward AA, Max seems to be waffling back and forth quite a bit. He agrees with AA, then AA is slightly scummy, then AA is totally scummy with no reasoning of his own.

:shrug:

I agreed with AA's point about lynching bringing the possible night targets down, giving the firefighter a better chance in terms of numbers.

I did (jokingly) call out how on the fence he was about Adahn and I's back and forth, but I wasn't really focused on him at the time.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

:shrug:

I agreed with AA's point about lynching bringing the possible night targets down, giving the firefighter a better chance in terms of numbers.

I did (jokingly) call out how on the fence he was about Adahn and I's back and forth, but I wasn't really focused on him at the time.

This all means nothing. You still jumped onto Quid's case for AA with no reasoning of your own except "Quid's totes town b/c how he's playing" and when that was pulled out from under you the response was "oh well, still staying in AA". I mean, I agree that AA is scummy, that's not my point, I just think you may be too.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
let me be double clear

you do it again Inf, in any game I run, and I will modkill you and ban you from future games modded by me

oh and if you try to use it to scum hunt I swear I will add loved modifiers to whoever you case with it

you may return to your regularly scheduled ferngully experience~

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

surd can you be triple clear i still dont get it

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

surd can you be triple clear i still dont get it

ok

dongsbot is a cool guy who made me feel welcome in da mafia community and also a good player when he wants to be

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

ok

dongsbot is a cool guy who made me feel welcome in da mafia community and also a good player when he wants to be

I actually agree 100% with this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Li Dawny posted:

This all means nothing. You still jumped onto Quid's case for AA with no reasoning of your own except "Quid's totes town b/c how he's playing" and when that was pulled out from under you the response was "oh well, still staying in AA". I mean, I agree that AA is scummy, that's not my point, I just think you may be too.

What? Where did you get that as my reasoning? I called out AA's hedgy post right when he made it, I just didn't focus on it too much because I was in it with the whole Adahn / No-Lynch discussion.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

But I'm feeling you on the AA case, so maybe it's confirmation bias, or whatever you want to call it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, yeah, I agree with the case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't really like how you're drilling down on how exactly I've worded my reasoning, because I thought I was clear.

##unvote

It actually makes me want to see AA get lunched today more than anything else, because MT calling Quid's reasoning suspicious before even seeing AA's flip is strange.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jesus christ (not at max)

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I don't really like how you're drilling down on how exactly I've worded my reasoning, because I thought I was clear.

That's not what's happening. What I'm saying, for the third time, is that I don't see any actual reasoning from you. If you insist that it exists please quote it, because I've read the thread repeatedly and can't find it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Although, I'll still get to voice my opinion if I'm voted out today, I'd rather make a grandstand to try and defend myself against what I can only assume is a scum push to eliminate me from the player base

To do so, I will address the posts of mine that have been called into question:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yay for actual d1 content. I think there's some merit to both arguments. On one hand we keep our numbers filled meaning that it extends the number of players scum would have to douse and ignite to win, on the other we get flip information and narrow the suspicion list.

I'll await others to weigh in on it.

There's nothing wrong with showing some appreciation for actual game content being made on D1, even if it is mechanics discussion. The trend I see in mafia games is that everyone poo poo posts until deadline and then makes a bandwagon vote.

A slap fight arose on how we should play the game(which for the record, I think is scummy in hindsight, Max and Adahn both end up mafia dadding and dictating the best way for us to play) and I point out that their were valid points from each viewpoint.

Waiting for others to weigh in on the matter, when more than half of our 9 player playerbase had not checked in is not inherently scummy, and trying to mediate what seemed like the beginnings of a town slapfight is not either.

---

I can't rationalize Adahn taking this stance as scum, and hardly hedgy. Just sunmarizing the strat. discussion without all the :words:

Leaf me alone man. I'm just branching out and not letting my self get sapped by all the pseudo mechanics discussion.

I make this statement about Adahn's alignment because, I don't believe that scum would find delaying a lynch beneficial to their objective and to make such a hardpressed proposal comes across as town, even though I ultimately decide on it not being the best course of action as we learn more from lynches.

Quid tries to spin my later questioning of Adahn's plan as a contradiction, when the question and the aforementioned statement of there being merit in his plan are not at all contradicting.

Why would scum agree that there's any merit to your proposed course of action?

versus

quote:

think there's some merit to both arguments.

There's no contradiction there. I make an opinion on the arguments, then I delve into Adahn's thought process to try and understand why he believes scum would find his approach favorable.

---

The majority of my posts outside of these mentioned are filled with tree puns and are intentionally joking because it's Day 1, but they aren't made to derail the game. I still have tried to actually contribute and voice opinion, but I feel like I'm being cornered and pushed for a vote at the behest of scum.

I don't see anything inherently scummy in my play, nor do I see how it can come across as artificial, but I know I can't stand for belligerence as a means to solving the game. I'm a tree and aligned with the Forest. Even with the ability to become a stump, I refuse to be bullied and coerced with bad votes on me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

how does mmt not know how quidnose plays he literally does this in every game

Well yeah, I get Quid's meta (and enjoy playing in games with him) - I think it goes without saying that any good Mafia player will try and imitate their town game when playing scum.

The difference is that when he's town I think he casts a wider net and then settles in on the person he thinks is scummiest, whereas when he's town he finds someone and tunnels on them. This is all 100% my own opinion / a D1 case that might be wrong, but when I read over the case on AA is just feels like the latter to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

MMT you know this is like the third game in a row you've had an incorrect scum read on me on D1

Yeah, I usually reserve my misreads for AR but he's modding this one :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

So yes, I do think you think Adahn is acting scummy, and I don't see why you are acting like you're not.

How is that you believe that

(a) AA thinks Adahn is acting scummy, and
(b) AA is scum

at the same time? Don't those contradict?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sorry all I didn't realize this was something that would ruin the game. Just thought it was funny. I rescind all statements.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

The difference is that when he's town I think he casts a wider net and then settles in on the person he thinks is scummiest, whereas when he's scum he finds someone and tunnels on them. This is all 100% my own opinion / a D1 case that might be wrong, but when I read over the case on AA is just feels like the latter to me.

Mafia edit

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yeah, when I saw the conversation I was like, is the toxx smiley not loading or what?

Pretty sure we're all cool so long as it doesn't show up again, and at least it serves as an example of what is and is not okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

How is that you believe that

(a) AA thinks Adahn is acting scummy, and
(b) AA is scum

at the same time? Don't those contradict?

I don't understand why those would contradict.

• Locked thread