Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

tournaments of that are gonna be smash levels of rules

Nah they're including a cosmetic only tournament mode or something similar where none of that loot is going to have an effect on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

FanaticalMilk posted:

This got posted in the SFV thread but I don't think anyone posted it here, anyways, SFV producer said the 8 frames of lag were an intentional choice, and then Spooky speculated this was to create greater parity between the online and offline experiences. gently caress Capcom, they don't deserve to have the privilege to create another Darkstalkers game, outsource it to ArcSys.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...oichi-sugiyama/

it's funny because they implemented it incorrectly for online so it just feels worse everywhere, whereas in tag 2 they eat some of the latency with the input lag

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FanaticalMilk posted:

This got posted in the SFV thread but I don't think anyone posted it here, anyways, SFV producer said the 8 frames of lag were an intentional choice, and then Spooky speculated this was to create greater parity between the online and offline experiences. gently caress Capcom, they don't deserve to have the privilege to create another Darkstalkers game, outsource it to ArcSys.

how are they so bad at this :psyduck:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

rip capcom

people will miss what they remember you being rather than what you actually were. which is bad, you were bad. bye. rip.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
archeologists have uncovered evidence that capcom used to not be terrible

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FanaticalMilk posted:

Okay so it's not an incompetent stupid mistake, it's an incompetent stupid decision.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

rip capcom

people will miss what they remember you being rather than what you actually were. which is bad, you were bad. bye. rip.

replace capcom with SF4 and this works perfectly

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah, you're right, capcom did find a way to make me miss known badgame sf4

that's why they made sfv so bad, so people would be all like "man, you remember sf4?"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE7 looks cool at least

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
If it's a deliberate decision, why is it tied to v-sync?

They're just lying to save face.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
monster hunter consistently improves with each game barring a hiccup or two along the way too

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
that's cause corporate is too afraid to meddle with their cash cow

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this is capcom tho

at this point i can only assume that anything they do correctly was done on accident, as such it's only a matter of time before they self destruct that franchise as well and sony buys their IPs up in the firesale.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

NecroMonster posted:

yeah, you're right, capcom did find a way to make me miss known badgame sf4

that's why they made sfv so bad, so people would be all like "man, you remember sf4?"

I can't imagine thinking Street Fighter IV is better than Street Fighter V. Like Street Fighter IV was terrible.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I can't read.

Anyway, ArcSys handled the PC port of UNIEL, didn't they? How did that turn out? Netcode and stuff.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't imagine thinking Street Fighter IV is better than Street Fighter V. Like Street Fighter IV was terrible.

How much sfv have you played?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

games that do what you want when you want them to will always be superior to games that don't

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

NecroMonster posted:

games that do what you want when you want them to will always be superior to games that don't

Tell that to the people who play Dark Souls.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

Intentional animation priority is a far cry from intentional input lag.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

a) i play and like dark souls

b) you are an idiot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Anyway, ArcSys handled the PC port of UNIEL, didn't they? How did that turn out? Netcode and stuff.
we dont know because it isn't out

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

It's not out yet! Doesn't even have a Steam page.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh hell, it's Melty that came out. :doh:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Booyah- posted:

How much sfv have you played?

I'd say around ten hours. For comparison I've played fifty of SFIV. FWIW I REALLY disliked SFIV. Unless SFV has a tsunami wave of bullshit once it gets to the higher level, I'll prefer it to SFV.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Melty Port is technically solid and they were very responsive in pushing out patches to address people's issues with the netcode and a couple of other niggles, so I fully expect the UNIEL port to come out just fine, and even if it has launch issues, ArcSys will be fixing them promptly.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol fifty hours of one and ten of the other

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

lol fifty hours of one and ten of the other

It was fifty hours of someone sticking an X-Acto knife into my dick. I kept playing because others kept insisting me to because it will get better once I get somewhat competent. I actually find the ten hour one a bit enjoyable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played 30-50 hours of sfv and 90% of that was waiting for matches and loading

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

at least most of sf4s characters feel complete

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I played 30-50 hours of sfv and 90% of that was waiting for matches and loading

Yeah the load times in the game are horrible.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

It was fifty hours of someone sticking an X-Acto knife into my dick. I kept playing because others kept insisting me to because it will get better once I get somewhat competent. I actually find the ten hour one a bit enjoyable.

That will wear off well before fifty hours

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Booyah- posted:

That will wear off well before fifty hours

Maybe you're right. I'll probably buy the game soonish when it is on Steam Sale to see for myself.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh god don't keep the limping corpse of capcom alive please don't reward capcom for this loving game oh god please stop

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
sfv will take an x-acto knife to your dick but this time you'll get to keep reliving the pain over and over thanks to the magic of capcoms rollback netcode

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

no, it's cool, sfv has already taken an x-acto knife to his dick, it just ain't gotten there yet because of the delay

alt: no, it's cool, sfv has already taken an x-acto knife to his dick, but it won't get there until the end of next month, look we didn't promise it would be there this month, that was capcom usa not us

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

oh god don't keep the limping corpse of capcom alive please don't reward capcom for this loving game oh god please stop

I just want another game to play other people with besides Skullgirls. Revelator is good but it's not on PC yet. KOF XIV isn't out yet either.

NecroMonster posted:

no, it's cool, sfv has already taken an x-acto knife to his dick, it just ain't gotten there yet because of the delay

alt: no, it's cool, sfv has already taken an x-acto knife to his dick, but it won't get there until the end of next month, look we didn't promise it would be there this month, that was capcom usa not us

I will admit, I laughed at this.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I thought KI was free and I know, since KI doesn't have over a tenth of a second of input delay, that it's a better game than sfv

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why don't more people talk about Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter? It's a really fun game. I like it more than any of the Marvel games besides Marvel 2.

NecroMonster posted:

I thought KI was free and I know, since KI doesn't have over a tenth of a second of input delay, that it's a better game than sfv

I will admit that the game is fun. But I don't know if I enjoy it enough to go to locals and stuff for it. It is an alternative though.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mvsf is really broken at high level and not in a good way

no wait maybe i'm thinking xmenvsf

no wait it's mvsf

no wait both of them are really broken?

oh god i can't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Melty Port is technically solid and they were very responsive in pushing out patches to address people's issues with the netcode and a couple of other niggles, so I fully expect the UNIEL port to come out just fine, and even if it has launch issues, ArcSys will be fixing them promptly.

the uniel netcode was never good in the first place, don't get your hopes up unless they straight up went and hired madscientist to work on both melty and unib somehow