Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Oh, that is a shame. I was hoping a major modpack had integrated TC5 at this point.

I'll try out Skyfactory since I've heard good things about Garden of Glass and it has that as an option.

GoG is nice. Ive got it as a lite pack ive played to get better at making botania stuff. Ive founs with skyfactory though make a mob farm asap for drops and you can skip a crap load of tiering up. I pretty much was running top ender io cables while still hammering two stone together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Glory of Arioch posted:

Skyfactory looks like a 1.7.10 modpack, which means TC4.

Look up Sky Magic by Aislinnmln, it's a 1.8.9 Garden of Glass pack with Thaumcraft. It doesn't have a questbook, though.

Fair warning, Sky Magic hasn't had an update in some time, nor do I plan to update it until everything is ready to move to 1.9.4. This is largely due to the fact that ModTweaker is broken, and the dev, after barely acknowledging bug reports, went on hiatus.

At this point, I can't really update any further within 1.8.9 without risking catastrophic breakage of things, particularly on Thaumcraft.

The pack is very playable as-is, though. The biggest thing is that it doesn't have the latest update of Thaumcraft or Automagy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This was linked in the regular Minecraft thread, but I figured everyone should know about Quark. A "Vanilla Plus" type mod that's small and highly modular.
It has a lot of convenience features, expands walls/gates/fences and other blocks, allows you to edit signs, improves a lot of enemy behavior (baby zombies burn in sunlight, for example), and adds some neat vanity, decoration, and function around the world. Just check out the feature list tabs and I'm sure you'll find something that catches your eye.

For me, it was this:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I thought I'd post about HQM stuff here since I just kind of rambled about it in the BFSR PGS thread. I was about to muck around in the HQM source because the JSON importer likes to botch pre-requisites. It looks like I can get around that by importing the files one-by-one, but I figured that out later. It looks like HQM is done for 1.7.10, and even 1.8. They started working on 1.9.4. I can see from the internals that some major areas of it got a rewrite, including the JSON and network stuff. The general user experience is the same though. I couldn't fully audit the HEAD they had for 1.9.4; it clearly had a few bugs and would throw exceptions on me. That's fine since they just got it running in there. It looks like they had to overhaul the Gradle files too because nothing before that would run in IntelliJ correctly. This made debugging the 1.7.10 stuff impossible to me other than with some print statements.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I got to the thaumcraft portion of Regrowth, and I'm starting to see why people were excited about the TC5 changes. Scanning is irritating.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Goon Danton posted:

I got to the thaumcraft portion of Regrowth, and I'm starting to see why people were excited about the TC5 changes. Scanning is irritating.
If you have cheating enabled, /tc aspect [yourname] all 1 skips the initial hassle of learning all the aspects. Put in a much higher number to skip scanning entirely.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is there a decent walkthrough to the Curse client? A friend wants me to try the FTB Infinity Evolved modpack, but I've never used the Curse launcher before. I downloaded it, added Minecraft to it, and I only see the tabs for "my textures", "get more textures", and "saved worlds". The "get more textures" tab seems to legit only be for texture packs, from my looking at the list a bit.

EDIT: Actually, the client doesn't even seem to have the right location for the game. When I try to point it at minecraftlauncher.exe in the Minecraft folder, it tells me that it's not a valid directory for the game. Instead, it wants the minecraft.exe in the minecraft/games folder, which then can't connect to minecraft.net when I try and log in through it.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 14, 2016

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

On the other hand, there aren't any add-on mods for thaumcraft 5 so it gets stale pretty quickly.

Also of note, there is a 4th port on the bottom of the infernal furnace you can attack a billow to, just remember to right click it ON the port, not in the space that the billow would normally occupy.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Goon Danton posted:

Even being able to scan in your inventory is a huge thing (that regrowth doesnt offer). I have to agree with Threep. If you've done TC before, just cheat the book and aspects in. It isnt fun the 3rd or 4th time you have to do it.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

SugarAddict posted:

On the other hand, there aren't any add-on mods for thaumcraft 5 so it gets stale pretty quickly.

Not quite true. Automagy is out, although not everything is available, but the redcrystal and golem autocrafting stuff is (and pretty solid). Thaumic Bases got updated early, although there are some oddnesses. There's a couple of others as well, though they're pretty low quality.

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

Meskhenet posted:

Even being able to scan in your inventory is a huge thing (that regrowth doesnt offer). I have to agree with Threep. If you've done TC before, just cheat the book and aspects in. It isnt fun the 3rd or 4th time you have to do it.

Regrowth (at least the version in the FTB launcher) does have the ability to scan in the inventory. Just pick up the thaumometer and hold it over other items.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

General Specific posted:

Regrowth (at least the version in the FTB launcher) does have the ability to scan in the inventory. Just pick up the thaumometer and hold it over other items.

i must have an older version then. might update it.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

General Specific posted:

I had no idea you could do this. That makes things so much easier!

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Is there a decent walkthrough to the Curse client? A friend wants me to try the FTB Infinity Evolved modpack, but I've never used the Curse launcher before. I downloaded it, added Minecraft to it, and I only see the tabs for "my textures", "get more textures", and "saved worlds". The "get more textures" tab seems to legit only be for texture packs, from my looking at the list a bit.

EDIT: Actually, the client doesn't even seem to have the right location for the game. When I try to point it at minecraftlauncher.exe in the Minecraft folder, it tells me that it's not a valid directory for the game. Instead, it wants the minecraft.exe in the minecraft/games folder, which then can't connect to minecraft.net when I try and log in through it.

so if you want FTB pack why are you using curse client, go get the FTB launcher.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

When i load up curse i see minecraft at the bottom, its the 6th icon on the left. Clicking on that i then have the browse all modpacks and browse all FTB modpacks. But i still use FTB for FTB mods. (In fact curse had to update)

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

TheresaJayne posted:

so if you want FTB pack why are you using curse client, go get the FTB launcher.

Curse Voice replaces the FTB client.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Does anybody off the top of their heads know of a mod or plugin that keeps pigmen from spawning on rails? :pray:

Railcraft's laser rails would technically do this, I guess...

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 14, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Does anybody off the top of their heads know of a mod or plugin that keeps pigmen from spawning on rails? :pray:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Anyone have any advice on fixing a corrupted world on a server running BSFR? This is the last I get from the log:

code:
Console	: [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "atgworld"
Console	: [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Injecting existing block and item data into this server instance
Console	: [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
Console	: [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
Console	: [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 0 (atgworld) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@5c2f4af6)
Console	: [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -100 (atgworld) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@5c2f4af6)
Console	: [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 1 (atgworld) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@5c2f4af6)
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -1 (atgworld) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@5c2f4af6)
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -112 (atgworld) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@5c2f4af6)
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.event.world.WorldEvent$Load@2f19ed91:
Console	: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
Console	: at hardcorequesting.network.DataReader.readData(DataReader.java:55) ~[DataReader.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:860) ~[Team.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:630) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:515) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:499) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:405) ~[QuestingData$1.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107) ~[FileHelper.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:434) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23) ~[WorldEventListener.class:?]
Console	: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_312_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
Console	: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
Console	: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140) [EventBus.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:230) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258) [lt.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Index: 11 Listeners:
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 0: HIGHEST
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 1: ASM: net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeInternalHandler@1b75efb2 onDimensionLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 2: ASM: cofh.lib.util.RegistryUtils@774907a _(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 3: NORMAL
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 4: ASM: neresources.utils.WorldEventHelper@56327d8c onWorldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 5: ASM: openmods.fakeplayer.FakePlayerPool@49f8a2c6 onWorldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 6: ASM: openblocks.common.GameRuleManager@4d103020 onWorldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 7: ASM: codechicken.nei.ServerHandler@4c71ec3a loadEvent(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 8: ASM: de.eydamos.backpack.handler.EventHandlerBackpack@17de51af worldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 9: ASM: com.wirsbo.main.ServerEvents@6d6c8760 onWorldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 10: ASM: codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderEventHandler@7691a6f1 onWorldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 11: ASM: hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener@1e7b4b0e onLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 12: ASM: org.modstats.reporter.v2.Reporter@561c1b0c worldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: 13: ASM: codechicken.lib.world.WorldExtensionManager$WorldExtensionEventHandler@2c3d3d6e onWorldLoad(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/world/WorldEvent$Load;)V
Console	: [21:13:04] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
Console	: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
Console	: at hardcorequesting.network.DataReader.readData(DataReader.java:55) ~[DataReader.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:860) ~[Team.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:630) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:515) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:499) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:405) ~[QuestingData$1.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107) ~[FileHelper.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:434) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
Console	: at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23) ~[WorldEventListener.class:?]
Console	: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_312_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
Console	: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
Console	: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140) ~[EventBus.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:230) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258) ~[lt.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
Console	: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Console	: Exception in thread "AE2 VersionChecker" 
Notice	: Minecraft server has stopped running.
Error	: Server failed to start 5 times. Not automatically restarting.
I read that as "HQM shat the bed, kiss goodbye to your progress", but if anyone has any suggestions for recovery I'd be grateful.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Threep posted:

If you have cheating enabled, /tc aspect [yourname] all 1 skips the initial hassle of learning all the aspects. Put in a much higher number to skip scanning entirely.
Don't do this. It won't skip scanning, because unlike TC5, in TC4 you have to scan each item to know what elements make it up.
If you use /tc aspect to skip all the scanning, then your alchemy is going to suffer because you won't have a handy list of all the items that contain the essentia you need.

If you've already memorized the best sources for each type of essentia that's fine but this is easily the worst part of the scanning system, and makes me really glad that TC5 has everything tell you its makeup right off the bat.

E: I mean I guess you could do it anyway because building up "research points" is more obnoxious after all, so at least you skip that much, and can just focus on scanning farmable resources.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 14, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Wolfsbane posted:

Anyone have any advice on fixing a corrupted world on a server running BSFR? This is the last I get from the log:

[code]Console : [21:13:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "atgworld"
Console : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
Console : at hardcorequesting.network.DataReader.readData(DataReader.java:55) ~[DataReader.class:?]
I read that as "HQM shat the bed, kiss goodbye to your progress", but if anyone has any suggestions for recovery I'd be grateful.
It looks like HQM to me. I see crap like that sometimes, but that's while I'm doing all this crazy quest editing. If it's screwed, you can lobotomize the HQM files out of your save--after backing it up, of course--and use /hqm edit to spawn in an edit book to manually complete quests again. There are some other things. I think I updated HQM for the BFSR beta. If you're just playing the base BFSR, then I think you could drop in HQM 4.4.4 first and see if you get any further using that. Don't forget to move the old one out before launching! I think 4.4.4 released in December, so it didn't contain subsequent fixes. For example, I noted this in the GitHub repository. I would normally be unconvinced the fix would handle the kind of thing that just now popped up for you, except for:

quote:

Console : at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:860) ~[Team.class:?]
Console : at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:630) ~[QuestingData.class:?]

The commit shows it's handling team data, and the exception stack trace puts you in the area of the code where your stack trace is showing. However, it looks like you triggered the if-clause and not the else-clause that got fixed.

If you can hold yourself for a day or two, I can pass along a monkeyed build that has the above fix in it. They've since moved on to 1.9.4, so you'll never see the subsequent fixes from HQM 4.4.4. I was building HQM with some instrumentation to understand why it was screwing up JSON imports. I have been running off of that build, so I have a toolchain for trying little doodles now.

For the record, older builds of HQM make me sad. I can pretty much only run Gradle off the command-line, and I certainly can't launch Minecraft in a debugger at the same time to inspect what the mod is doing. On the bright side, I discovered importing JSON files one-by-one by name seems to actually work. It doesn't even botch dependencies for quests it hasn't loaded yet! I tried it out from a fresh, blank quest book so I could re-order chapters. It manages to keep a breadcrumb for chapters that I haven't loaded in yet, and seems to fix them up when I finally import them.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Thanks for your help, as always. I'm in no hurry. I think it may have been broken for a few days and no-one has said anything, which tells you all you need to know about the popularity of my server :)

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Black Pants posted:

Curse Voice replaces the FTB client.

No, it doesn't. There were rumors to that effect, but FTB packs are still being updated on the FTB launcher. Even first party ones. It's just possible right now to use the Curse Voice client instead of the FTB launcher, and still have access to the same packs(unless someone releases a pack only on Curse). So if you can't figure out Curse Voice just use the FTB launcher.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Wolfsbane posted:

Thanks for your help, as always. I'm in no hurry. I think it may have been broken for a few days and no-one has said anything, which tells you all you need to know about the popularity of my server :)

Ahh! A server. So you have teams? Maybe that code I mentioned matters.

I have a present for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3i8ahx1w4aepyt/HQM-The%20Journey-4.4.4.jar?dl=1

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Meskhenet posted:

When i load up curse i see minecraft at the bottom, its the 6th icon on the left. Clicking on that i then have the browse all modpacks and browse all FTB modpacks. But i still use FTB for FTB mods. (In fact curse had to update)

Fuckin' wow, I had the wrong version of the client. I had version 5, when apparently there was a version 6. That was the entire issue. Thanks for helping me figure that out.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im getting sick of modpacks with 3 different types of power cables that can only be used with 1 set of machines. Nothing quite like building a 115 block tower of duct to a windfarm only to find out the cables are wrong.

Welp, delete that pack.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Im getting sick of modpacks with 3 different types of power cables that can only be used with 1 set of machines. Nothing quite like building a 115 block tower of duct to a windfarm only to find out the cables are wrong.

Welp, delete that pack.

There was no converter blocks to let you move power from one cabling type to the other? There's usually at least that even if not all cables are universally supported (see : AE2 and RF)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

There might be, but after building all the way to to top i wasnt going up again.

Going to give Dawn of the Void a spin. That looks different.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

taiyoko posted:

I'd help, but every time I try to look at an open-source mod's code, my brain just kinda does the "I have no idea what's going on here" unless I'm looking for a very specific part of a thing (like when I was trying to see what might be causing Matter Overdrive rogue androids to not despawn properly). 99% of my Java coding experience has been programs that operate entirely in the console. :/

I want to get into making mods, I just have no idea where to really start, and also don't really have any ideas...especially not ideas that are reasonable for a first-time-modmaker to attempt.

McJty, the inhuman coding machine behind RFTools and Deep Resonance has written a modding wiki and it's updated to 1.9.4

http://modwiki.temporal-reality.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

bigperm posted:

McJty, the inhuman coding machine behind RFTools and Deep Resonance has written a modding wiki and it's updated to 1.9.4

http://modwiki.temporal-reality.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page

Holy poo poo. This is awesome.

Kaine
Dec 29, 2005
FTB Launcher news, the FTB Launcher is being officially decommissioned soon, apparently there's a Linux version of the Curse client coming soon and they've released the OSX version.

Personally I only use the FTB Launcher for downloading packs and updates and use MultiMC for actually launching the game and I really don't want to install an app like Curse on my computer just to use a tiny portion of it's features so I think I'll wait for This command line program that will allow downloads of packs from Curse when launching an instance from MultiMC.

Slowpoke is trying to do damage control in the Reddit thread about the news since a lot of people really dislike Curse.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Ahh! A server. So you have teams? Maybe that code I mentioned matters.

I have a present for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3i8ahx1w4aepyt/HQM-The%20Journey-4.4.4.jar?dl=1

Thanks for that, but unfortunately it just gives the same error.
Also, I had a look through the code and whoever wrote this is a loving idiot. It looks like the bitmask lookup is breaking, because he never checks the index or goes through any sort of access function, he just assumes his variables will always have sensible values.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Kaine posted:

FTB Launcher news, the FTB Launcher is being officially decommissioned soon, apparently there's a Linux version of the Curse client coming soon and they've released the OSX version.

Personally I only use the FTB Launcher for downloading packs and updates and use MultiMC for actually launching the game and I really don't want to install an app like Curse on my computer just to use a tiny portion of it's features so I think I'll wait for This command line program that will allow downloads of packs from Curse when launching an instance from MultiMC.

Slowpoke is trying to do damage control in the Reddit thread about the news since a lot of people really dislike Curse.

I've used Curse for months. It works quite well, it makes developing packs extremely easy, and I've never had a single problem with it. After declining to sync my other social programs with it, it's left me alone to play Minecraft as I wish. It uses no more resources (RAM or processor wise) than any of the other launchers. Hell, it functions better for me tan the FTB launcher or ATLauncher ever have.

The hand-wringing and moaning and doomsaying is overblown and ridiculous.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Does curse allow me to make custom forge modpacks for myself and friends? If yes, I'm super on board.

Kaine
Dec 29, 2005

Serifina posted:

I've used Curse for months. It works quite well, it makes developing packs extremely easy, and I've never had a single problem with it. After declining to sync my other social programs with it, it's left me alone to play Minecraft as I wish. It uses no more resources (RAM or processor wise) than any of the other launchers. Hell, it functions better for me tan the FTB launcher or ATLauncher ever have.

The hand-wringing and moaning and doomsaying is overblown and ridiculous.

Issues with the FTB Launcher and the ATLauncher are exactly why I use MultiMC, once a pack is downloaded I can go weeks without loading the FTB or AT Launchers. Also the FTB Launcher sitting there doing nothing uses 140MB whereas MultiMC uses 20MB.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Truga posted:

Does curse allow me to make custom forge modpacks for myself and friends? If yes, I'm super on board.

Yes, it does. And it's virtually drag and drop.

Apart from doing any config editing, at any rate.

mensrea
Mar 17, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

extensive knowledge of HQM stuff

It seems like you understand the HQM mod very well, would you be willing to take a look at the crazy error code it's spitting out at me when I try to update?

On another note has anyone tried the mod ACE? From the looks of it you can actually script a lot of crazy poo poo into the game. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all the possibilities. The best part is that it actually has good documentation, so it's not like you're just blindly fumbling through the mods features.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Wolfsbane posted:

Thanks for that, but unfortunately it just gives the same error.
Also, I had a look through the code and whoever wrote this is a loving idiot. It looks like the bitmask lookup is breaking, because he never checks the index or goes through any sort of access function, he just assumes his variables will always have sensible values.

I can see if I can just route around it. It might flatten your team data, but maybe that is all. Or maybe not.

It is indeed a trainwreck. Somebody else in here gave it a gander indirectly when it was still closed-source. It does all kinds of bit packing compression poo poo.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

mensrea posted:

It seems like you understand the HQM mod very well, would you be willing to take a look at the crazy error code it's spitting out at me when I try to update?
What is it? I must have missed the post.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Has anyone played dawn of the void?

Im pretty annoyed at the constant dying to spiders, and now all around my base there is some pink goo that eats away everything, i would have to pack up and leave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Has anyone played dawn of the void?

Im pretty annoyed at the constant dying to spiders, and now all around my base there is some pink goo that eats away everything, i would have to pack up and leave?

From looking at the mod list it seems that's Void Decay, which eats the world including bedrock. You have to keep moving your base, or use a special kind of TNT to erase it (which is a nether star each with the default recipe). You could make a floating base so the void decay blocks don't reach it, but then you'd need some way of traveling over the void.

edit: oh, if you find small patches of void decay you can dig around them to effectively kill them. Void decay that cannot spread will eventually just disappear on its own.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 16, 2016