Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I ordered a pizza last night using the TMobile coupon code, and marked it for pickup today. The Dominos online site has no record of my order having been placed, even though I got the confirmation email. So I get to roll down there at 6:30 and hope they somehow have the order, and/or that they'll believe me when I show them the confirmation email that the total cost was only $2. Probably should have paid with my credit card as opposed to opting for in store.

Also grabbed the Warcraft ticket, took the sting off an Imax 3D price. Will probably get the stock later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Qu Appelle posted:

I took the stock and the Warcraft movie.

Broke rear end and easily amused student here.

I don't see where I can get the stock. I signed up for service on Tuesday if that matters.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
I also didn't see the stock in the stuff I could redeem. Maybe it's randomized?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Or more likely they're moving them in waves to keep the trading volume under control.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I have to redeem the pizza on a Tuesday?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have to redeem the pizza on a Tuesday?

My coupon code said it expired on Wednesday.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
All of the Wednesday expirations were at like 4AM. So effectively Tuesday.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

You can redeem on Tuesday for a future carry-out date, which is quite nice.

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!

canyonero posted:

All of the Wednesday expirations were at like 4AM. So effectively Tuesday.

That's incorrect. I got a free pizza yesterday at noon, which I redeemed at 11:30.

To Vex a Stranger fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 9, 2016

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Yeah they updated the expiry dates to cover all of Wednesday. Except for the Warcraft ticket.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I saw a tmo commercial advertising a mobile share plan for 2 phones, 6gb each, for $70/mo. Couldn't find it on the website, called my local store who confirmed it was a regional promotion. He went on to say it was only valid for local area codes and I could not port my existing number in to take advantage of the deal, because it is not local. My wife's number is local and he said that one can port, no problem.

Any workaround ideas other than Google voice that would let me keep my number? I would like to keep my number directly associated with the line if at all possible.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Tyro posted:

I saw a tmo commercial advertising a mobile share plan for 2 phones, 6gb each, for $70/mo. Couldn't find it on the website, called my local store who confirmed it was a regional promotion. He went on to say it was only valid for local area codes and I could not port my existing number in to take advantage of the deal, because it is not local. My wife's number is local and he said that one can port, no problem.

Any workaround ideas other than Google voice that would let me keep my number? I would like to keep my number directly associated with the line if at all possible.

Just get a new number then port in a day or two later?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I assumed that would mess up the promotional pricing if done too soon, but yeah...I guess that is really the simplest idea if it works. Would probably not even need a spare phone, could just swap SIMs.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
You can’t port a number into the $70 regional plan that doesn’t have the same area code as the promo. The port will automatically fail and the only way to proceed will be to change the plan.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Bummer. Thanks for the answer though. I think that's kind of silly given how many people move around and keep their old area codes.

Wish I had seen the $80 deal last month before it was cancelled. Guess I'll be getting a new number if I switch over.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
With the Simple Choice family plans and the Data Stash rollover... Is the 20 GB stash shared between all the lines or is it a 20 GB stash per line?

I'm not sure if this is deliberately obtuse on their part.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Insane Totoro posted:

With the Simple Choice family plans and the Data Stash rollover... Is the 20 GB stash shared between all the lines or is it a 20 GB stash per line?

I'm not sure if this is deliberately obtuse on their part.

It is per line. I know this as I have a teenager who burns through her data all the time

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Goddamn TMo you crazy but awesome

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Asking this again, didn't see an be answer before -

FogHelmut posted:

Is there a difference between the Simply Prepaid Music Unlimited and the Simple Choice Music Freedom? I don't really need Binge On or International Texting. I don't see why I wouldn't get the $40 3gb Simply Prepaid plan over the $50 2gb Simple Choice plan. I use Google Play Music pretty regularly, that's it.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Asking this again, didn't see an be answer before -

Yeah music streaming doesn't count towards your data on the Simply prepaid plans.

From http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-monthly-plans?icid=WMM_PD_SMPLYPRPD1_P7P5IZNPEDI3761

"Music Unlimited

Unlimited music streaming on top services without using your data on our network. For $40/mo. and above plans."

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Burden posted:

Yeah music streaming doesn't count towards your data on the Simply prepaid plans.

From http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-monthly-plans?icid=WMM_PD_SMPLYPRPD1_P7P5IZNPEDI3761

"Music Unlimited

Unlimited music streaming on top services without using your data on our network. For $40/mo. and above plans."

So is the only difference really that the $50 plan gets you Binge On and calls to Canada and Mexico?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

So is the only difference really that the $50 plan gets you Binge On and calls to Canada and Mexico?

Plus roaming on AT&T (potentially voice only, unclear) and presumably priority on the network over prepaid. I've experienced the latter on Cricket several times when in crowded areas/events. At a baseball game I couldn't get data to work to save my life. Was bit frustrating when I had a work issue to handle.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Th $50 plan doesn't get you binge on, only $65 or higher.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The $30 nerd plan gets you both, though I don't think they advertise it as such. (Or really at all.)

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Looked at the fine print for the Dominos pizza coupon today, they only accept a maximum of 100 coupons per store. That means a lot of customers are going to be assed out, unless they're ordering super early in the day.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
And the coupon can only be accepted during store hours on this Tuesday. Not really a big deal since it's a free pizza and all, but I was looking forward to having it as my post-workout meal tomorrow again!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

rngd in the womb posted:

And the coupon can only be accepted during store hours on this Tuesday. Not really a big deal since it's a free pizza and all, but I was looking forward to having it as my post-workout meal tomorrow again!

I redeemed my coupon on the app last Tuesday but was still able to use the actual code the day after on the Dominos site.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
my Lyft credit didn't apply to my ride home from work, so now I have to deal with Lyft support. gently caress this so much.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

SeANMcBAY posted:

I redeemed my coupon on the app last Tuesday but was still able to use the actual code the day after on the Dominos site.

Yeah, I did the same thing to order a future carry out so I could grab it right after my workout last week. But today's coupon's different in that it can only be accepted during store hours today whereas last week's coupon didn't have this clause and could be redeemed anytime on Wednesday. I guess it's a good way to limit losses by potentially deterring people.

rngd in the womb fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 15, 2016

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Bentai posted:

Looked at the fine print for the Dominos pizza coupon today, they only accept a maximum of 100 coupons per store. That means a lot of customers are going to be assed out, unless they're ordering super early in the day.

Yep, got screwed by this today. All nearby locations sold out by 5:30pm. I guess I'll try again next week.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Someone explained the pizza thing on reddit.

I guess each store is limited to 100 pizzas per day, but they check every hour to see if they have reached their limit. You also cannot order using the code until the store opens for the day or you get an error

So the store opens at 11am, 75 people order with T-Mobile deal by noon, you can get the deal. Between noon-1pm 75 more people order pizza. At 1pm the system checks, sees that it's over 100 pizzas (150 total), and they shut off the deal for that store after 1pm.

I think the secret is to just get your order in within the first hour of them opening? I have not confirmed this myself, but I have no reason to not believe it.

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

I just placed my order around 10:30am and set my pick up time for 5:30pm. Worked like a charm.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Mr.AARP posted:

I just placed my order around 10:30am and set my pick up time for 5:30pm. Worked like a charm.

This is what I've done successfully the past 2 times as well.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I've been on T-mobile's $30 super secret prepaid 'i have no friends' plan for a while now.

It was a massive pain to get it set up to begin with, leaving me with no phone for a week or so, and almost inexplicably lost my phone number during the switchover, which I'd had for 10yrs or so.

Anyways, I started a new job recently that requires me to be on conference calls out the wazoo, and its eating up my minutes, making it closer to $60/mo since I have to keep feeding the account. I'm thinking about switching to a post-paid plan, and I guess I'm mainly wondering if there are any specific ways or tips to go about changing from prepaid to postpaid that will result in the least possible fuckups from t-mobile, considering every interaction I've had with them has been like pulling teeth. I'm assuming I could do it over phone or internet?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is there an easy way to view if an account qualifies for Music Freedom? My mother is too paranoid about T-Mobile canceling her current promos/discounts if she calls to find out and she couldn't tell me any information about her plan (other than some grandfathered in thing) if her life depended on it. Would this be in her online account control panel?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They're stopping with free pizza each week since Dominos can't handle the load.:lol:

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

You're a donkey. I like that.

peepsalot posted:

I've been on T-mobile's $30 super secret prepaid 'i have no friends' plan for a while now.

It was a massive pain to get it set up to begin with, leaving me with no phone for a week or so, and almost inexplicably lost my phone number during the switchover, which I'd had for 10yrs or so.

Anyways, I started a new job recently that requires me to be on conference calls out the wazoo, and its eating up my minutes, making it closer to $60/mo since I have to keep feeding the account. I'm thinking about switching to a post-paid plan, and I guess I'm mainly wondering if there are any specific ways or tips to go about changing from prepaid to postpaid that will result in the least possible fuckups from t-mobile, considering every interaction I've had with them has been like pulling teeth. I'm assuming I could do it over phone or internet?

Do you need the 5gigs of data? I faced the same issue and moved to the $40 3gig simple prepaid with unlimited talk. Because of free music streaming, I only really use 1gig a month. There is also a higher tier with 5 or 6gigs of data.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

peepsalot posted:

Can you dial into your conference calls with Vonage or Hangouts Dialer? That's how I've stayed under 100 minutes for two years now.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

eddiewalker posted:

Can you dial into your conference calls with Vonage or Hangouts Dialer? That's how I've stayed under 100 minutes for two years now.

Looks like hangouts dialer will work for the main conf. call number I use. Didn't know about this, I had pretty much forgotten I still had a google voice #.

Why's there a $0.10 in the corner though, with a plus next to it. Is that my balance, or a minute rate for something? When I click the plus, it opens google voice tab in browser that is stuck in a redirect loop or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

peepsalot posted:

Looks like hangouts dialer will work for the main conf. call number I use. Didn't know about this, I had pretty much forgotten I still had a google voice #.

Why's there a $0.10 in the corner though, with a plus next to it. Is that my balance, or a minute rate for something? When I click the plus, it opens google voice tab in browser that is stuck in a redirect loop or something.

Used for international calls