Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

JakeP posted:

What are you gonna do with that engine?

I gave it back to them, I think they're gonna use it on a go-kart.

They were clearing some land that used to be a creek and I guess they found it and decided to see how bad it was.

I broke it down completely, cleaned the head and valves, rebuilt the carb and reassembled it. The sucker started on the first pull. I really didn't expect it to work at all.

The funny thing is I did almost that exact same thing to a pressure washer engine that was manufactured back in February and it still didn't work. These small engines can be really frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:siren: Drawrof Mafia has not ended.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

:argh:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

bastard all the way through eh?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I guess go read it yourselves!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Hey, does anyone know how to move players from alive to dead on votefinder using an iPhone?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't think it's possible.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Poop

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 15, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Guys I just found out that jon joe and his secret cabal of shadowy allies has chosen me for the vote today already.

Please stand with me so that we may take down the system and put in place our own system.

Wrong thread

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Guys I just found out that jon joe and his secret cabal of shadowy allies has chosen me for the vote today already.

Please stand with me so that we may take down the system and put in place our own system.

Okay

I institute the pearls before swine edict

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
whoops

look at that lol

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MG3 posted:

I hit a personal record today. My beard can store 4 French fries in it lol.

Also I fixed an engine someone literally found in a creek lol
only 4? git gud scrub

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
In the next couple of days, I'll open signups for SCUMBO BLUES: SCUM HUNTER SUPREME, the ULTIMATE FORUM MAFIA EXPERIENCE, a 16-player mafia fun-time adventure so get hype!!!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

dongsbot 9000 posted:

In the next couple of days, I'll open signups for SCUMBO BLUES: SCUM HUNTER SUPREME, the ULTIMATE FORUM MAFIA EXPERIENCE, a 16-player mafia fun-time adventure so get hype!!!

keen

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yes?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

how r u doin

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Anomalous Amalgam, imgay, Infinitum, Kashuno - go vote so I can end my game.
I even PMed you and everything. :(
You can ##vote No One if you really want I guess.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You didn't PM me at all

Liar

##vote Shadow0

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Pre-sign me, if you're doing that sort of thing.

If you're not, then I guess I'll just have to find it then.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh wow i met dongs at the lawerence farmers market after he kept telling him to meet me in places

he is real

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

oh wow i met dongs at the lawerence farmers market after he kept telling him to meet me in places

he is real

yes, following instructions to meet (written in places like bathroom stalls) will let you meet dongs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Allen Wren posted:

yes, following instructions to meet (written in places like bathroom stalls) will let you meet dongs

haha really funny allen

but for real after meating dongs i am a real dongmaniac now

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

You didn't PM me at all

Liar

##vote Shadow0

:0!
You're right!
I distinctly remember PMing you but there's nothing in my outbox... :(

PBS Newshour posted:

he is real

I'm jealous; I'm already a fledgling dongmaniac myself tbh.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would need a link to the game :sun:

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

bowmore posted:

only 4? git gud scrub

Aussies are well known for the storage capabilities of their beards, easily storing 15 French fries at a time

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I'm now going to invest in some hair gel to up my French fry threshold

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

General informational statement: Shine II: The Outfit (working title) will go live around the end of June. Look forward to it!

In the speakeasies of New York City, drunken patrons told fantastical tales of Shine, a batch of moonshine that triggered extraordinary abilities in those who drank it. To most people, Shine was just an urban legend, and Prohibition was just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol. However, In one certain backroom speakeasy Shine was a very real thing and Prohibition had long since ceased being about alcohol.

After a quiet but vicious struggle for power, both the FBI and Mafia failed to seize control of the Shine network and Prohibition in the city was thoroughly defanged. While the genius brewer who created Shine in the first place died at a maddened Shiner's hands, he had already passed on the secret of its creation to his daughter Ilsa. She continued to refine the recipe, and eventually left New York City to bring Shine to new places. Of course, the city life isn't easy to let go of, and eventually Ilsa settled down once more, brewing her improved Shine recipes for a different distribution network in a quiet city by the name of Chicago...

The year is 1931, and Al Capone has just been sentenced to 11 years in prison. For the first time in years, the Chicago Outfit has a leadership crisis. Will Capone's de facto successors take over the Outfit and its lucrative Shine bootlegging operations, or will others take the opportunity to eliminate their rivals and seize power for themselves?

Shine II: The Chicago Outfit, a highly flavorful semi-open setup game of Mafia for 24 players, will launch around June 23-24th.

:cheers:

Note: Not accepting presigns right now beyond the ones I already have, just letting people know it's coming down the pipeline since it's such a big game. I'm very excited about this one!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

does lesley winter make an appearance in this game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Podima I am cancelling my presign if I had one.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I would need a link to the game :sun:

There you are:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777710

Anyone know where imgay wandered off to?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

SCUMBO BLUES 2: SCUM HUNTER SUPREME, the ULTIMATE FORUM MAFIA EXPERIENCE is live!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

PBS Newshour posted:

he is real

tamales and kombucha a perfect combination

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Its from my KODP LP.

It's the name of the tribe.

I should prolly get my KODP mafia game prepped soon

I just finished this. Pro read.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

I just finished this. Pro read.

Shame about the ending...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

Shame about the ending...

:agreed: but not all things can have as good of an ending as Sealab

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Bored and all caught up on work.

Looking for 5 for Mafia Quickies II: LYLO Boot Camp

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778760

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You Must be New Here ended with everyone leaving early

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best possible outcome

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My work drama continues: They asked me to stay until the end of the week, which I'm fine with, but failed to tell the field staff, so I had a long chat with the resident engineer today who tried very, very, very aggressively to get me to stay longer (like months) and encouraged me to break off my deal with my previous employer (a family owned business run by a couple that I quite like and respect).

It was WEIRD. I told them I'd think about it because we were going around in circles but I'm going to stick with my original resignation date.

This wouldn't be nearly as weird if this stuff wasn't so far out of my wheelhouse that I was basically useless outside of broad inspection/evaluation tasks for the next few weeks. They must be desperate for engineers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You're doing the right thing keane. Job satisfaction is v important. I could earn more money doing what i do at a big corporation or whatever but i'm very happy where i am with an awesome boss and small office.

it's obv important for you too so make sure you don't get swayed by money if they chuck it at you