Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Plus some of those uniques really do look pretty nifty!

Sintax what is next for the OP by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Deified Data posted:

If even half of these weapons work as described this one would be a game-changer. Seriously considering a restart right now.

"Made by trainwiz" is an honest-to-god stamp of quality in the realm of mod-making. I'm seriously considering dropping my current 50+ hour playthrough just to start over with this.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
The alt start mod Live Another Life updated and it's weird and kind of bad now. Used to be you'd start the vanilla intro, make your character in front of the bathroom mirror, then get whisked away to a nondescript room where there's a terminal that lets you choose starting gear and location. Now you start in a "synth processing facility" and the gear and location are determined by the profession you choose.

staberind posted:

I shall admit that this news excites me a little, VTM was pretty excellent,

That looks good, I do have a dumb suggestion though: now I am using BMW, strong back is not really as much of an issue, so, if you feel more confident later in your hacking that poster up, you could make paths like game hunter, fisherking, Asimov, wasp factory, mutate to survive, & so on, which can give you damage buffs/defense against various mobs in the wasteland, eventually making them nonhostile/allies.

Aren't there already perks like that? The Animal Friend/Wasteland Whisperer one pretty much covers everything, though if I ever make changes to how the perks themselves function I'd want to tack WW onto AF as higher ranks and do something else with the spot AF is in.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Deified Data posted:

If even half of these weapons work as described this one would be a game-changer. Seriously considering a restart right now.

Welp, dumping my 60 hour play through and restarting with no regrets. Sounds like an amazing mod.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Turns out the Nuka World DLC might be a more complicated web of turning Raider against Raider whilst RPing as a Raider. Maxwell's World can relax.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Those sure look like a bunch of weapons I'd pick up, say meh, and permanently ensconce on a shiny new contraptions weapon rack

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Those sure look like a bunch of weapons I'd pick up, say meh, and permanently ensconce on a shiny new contraptions weapon rack

And go back to using what? Your Ghoulslayer Gamma Gun?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deified Data posted:

And go back to using what? Your Ghoulslayer Gamma Gun?

Hey, at least that's useful for healing Hancock.

But you basically make my point. Legendaries are an utter crapshoot. Some of these unique mods might be cool on a good weapon, but I'd very much prefer a guaranteed easily acquired lucky laser pistol over 10% bonus damage in power armor

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Azhais posted:

Hey, at least that's useful for healing Hancock.

But you basically make my point. Legendaries are an utter crapshoot. Some of these unique mods might be cool on a good weapon, but I'd very much prefer a guaranteed easily acquired lucky laser pistol over 10% bonus damage in power armor

> Kill a Legendary Super Mutant Behemoth

>Rewarded with pipe shotgun that does 20% more damage to robots whilst standing still

cooooooooooool :thumbsup:

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I liked letting a legendary super mutant suicider do his thing and getting a knife that does more damage if I'm out of combat.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the power armor one is real bad because there's already an effect in the game that makes a gun do 25% more damage, all the time

Kimsemus posted:

>Rewarded with pipe shotgun that does 20% more damage to robots whilst standing still

here you go my friend

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i kinda wish legendaries didnt exist tbh. much rather just have unique guns.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

SoapyTarantula posted:

I liked letting a legendary super mutant suicider do his thing and getting a knife that does more damage if I'm out of combat.

I don't think I ever had a legendary suicider

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Roobanguy posted:

i kinda wish legendaries didnt exist tbh. much rather just have unique guns.

Agreed. I would love a mod that got rid of all random and scripted legendary enemy spawns and gear. The modification stuff on weapons and armor is already enough, if anything I'd rather just have more re-skins of existing weapons with same ammo and slightly changed stats.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Seashell Salesman posted:

Agreed. I would love a mod that got rid of all random and scripted legendary enemy spawns and gear. The modification stuff on weapons and armor is already enough, if anything I'd rather just have more re-skins of existing weapons with same ammo and slightly changed stats.

If you like pipe weapons that's exactly what this appears to be:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7556/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So I was just hacking today guessing the now bland minding numbing guess the password game on the terminal when an idea hit me.

What if you could buy or craft several different levels of temporary one use autohack holotapes to do the job for you? just slam those tapes into the computers and let them do the work.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SeanBeansShako posted:

What if you could buy or craft several different levels of temporary one use autohack holotapes to do the job for you? just slam those tapes into the computers and let them do the work.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15033/ :cool:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

SeanBeansShako posted:

So I was just hacking today guessing the now bland minding numbing guess the password game on the terminal when an idea hit me.

I had a similar idea ages ago before Fallout 4 was announced. It hinged on the Repair and Science skills and was essentially a manual way of interfacing with terminals or doors via a handheld breadboard hack tool. You'd craft your board and it could be upgraded depending on your skills, and also could be loaded with a stronger brute force style attack that ran the risk of frying your board. Successful hacks improved your board's abilities, which would in turn offer increased hacking speeds, better rewards, and ability to attempt more difficult barriers.

Kinda like this:

Just pretend there's a ghoul companion there instead of space marines. :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kimsemus posted:

I'm still failing to understand what argument you guys are trying to make with all your sarcastic comments.

Legendary hunting is poo poo, we all seem to agree on that. This mod removes the guaranteed good weapon/legendary combinations that some of the unique weapons represented and goes back to having to kill legendary mutant behemoths until you get a good effect on something you can move the unique effect over to.

In my last game through 95 levels I got exactly one decent legendary drop in the form of an instigating sniper rifle (and 27 crippling pool cues in my crippling pool cue box at last count). Everything else I used was a purchased unique, none of which would have been purchased in the brave new world of that mod.

Is there an option to only get the new appearances, because that'd be awesome.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh this is OP levels of pretty drat good, Saint Sputnik could you possibly add this to the perk revamp as well?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SeanBeansShako posted:

One of the many minor irritating things about FO4 is the fact that unique weapons don't look unique, aside from stats and maybe a few extra random bolted on weapon mods finding them is kind of a meh thing.

However, a mod on the Nexus has just popped up fixing this! named unique unique's it well, makes the 30 buyable/quest rewarded items in the game look different from their common stock counter parts. You need to start a new game with this one though to get it working right.

God bless TrainWiz

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, that pushed me over the edge to start a new game. Goddamn.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
This seems fun too:

And you have to love that he made one called "Cornflake's Pistol".

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I gave the beta of Mod Organizer 2 another try but I'm still having the same issue as the first time -- the mods all load, because it doesn't give me any missing mod errors, but none of the mods actually load -- all invisible meshes etc. I'd like something less cumbersome than "run .bat file to add asterisks to the load list" because it doesn't actually work half the time and I have to restart.

(Speaking of, has anyone noticed faster load times since the latest stealth game update?)

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh this is OP levels of pretty drat good, Saint Sputnik could you possibly add this to the perk revamp as well?

Looks good, I can see if he'll give me permission. I might take a lot of perk change ideas from other mods if I can. It also makes me think we need a new crafting table to handle things like this: a computer terminal.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

All the random legendaries are also poo poo from an immersion perspective. Why does this shotgun never need to be reloaded? What is the lore explanation of the Rolling Pin of Freezing? Danse gives you his cool laser and tells you he's customised it a bit so there's a reason (if thin) that its a bit special but most other legendaries are just randomly enchanted weapons like in Skyrim. Which I suppose ties into the shared universe theory if that's your thing.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Saint Sputnik posted:

I gave the beta of Mod Organizer 2 another try but I'm still having the same issue as the first time -- the mods all load, because it doesn't give me any missing mod errors, but none of the mods actually load -- all invisible meshes etc. I'd like something less cumbersome than "run .bat file to add asterisks to the load list" because it doesn't actually work half the time and I have to restart.

Can you explain a bit more about how this repros for you? I have experienced some weirdness about how the plugins.txt file is getting populated (or not, rather) but not what you are describing I don't think.

E: also how does the older stable MO work for FO4? Haven't tried it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Sputnik posted:

I gave the beta of Mod Organizer 2 another try but I'm still having the same issue as the first time -- the mods all load, because it doesn't give me any missing mod errors, but none of the mods actually load -- all invisible meshes etc. I'd like something less cumbersome than "run .bat file to add asterisks to the load list" because it doesn't actually work half the time and I have to restart

Yeah, after I hosed up my mods (external to any program) and reinstalled fallout entirely I decided to try MO2 (the latest beta that supported 1.5) instead of NMM since everyone kept saying it was better and NMM was "unintuitive" (whatever that means, just hit the drat checkbox, what's to be intuitive?) and it was a real hassle getting anything functional out of it. I was tearing my hair out trying to get even trivial mods working right, half of the installers didn't seem to work, and I finally gave up on it entirely after trying to install a mod and it kept giving me poo poo about "Can't figure out how to install this, here, have a drag and drop interface and I'd like you to rearrange the files until this box goes green".

NMM, on the other hand, installed it all cleanly the first time and it all worked as expected

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Ya I added it in my game, but haven't used it yet. I try to test most mods before I put em in the OP, so I will just continue going through mods and adding them at this point. I also think there will be a better version of this mod at some point, personally I think you should pick up hacking holotapes that you can use to hack terminals, but I don't think all terminals allow you to put in holotapes. Not to mention there's probably a way to replace the hacking minigame with a .swf and just make a better one.

edit: I tried Hacking 101 and it's confirmed pretty great, you craft the auto-hacks from some electronics parts then press R on the computer and it makes a little hacking noise before unlocking

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 16, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I updated Def_UI then added Val's sorting and ICONLIBS and it works great. But somewhere along the line my HUD status icons (thirst, hunger, sleep, etc) disappeared. Anyone have any idea why this could happen?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Sintax posted:

I updated Def_UI then added Val's sorting and ICONLIBS and it works great. But somewhere along the line my HUD status icons (thirst, hunger, sleep, etc) disappeared. Anyone have any idea why this could happen?

The 1.3.0 update is hosed up and seems to be for a wide range of resolutions and aspect ratios. The guy who updates it is aware but I don't know what he's doing about it, aside from reacting to the stupid poo poo storm of nexus retards spamming the comments by becoming one with the poop.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Azhais posted:

Yeah, after I hosed up my mods (external to any program) and reinstalled fallout entirely I decided to try MO2 (the latest beta that supported 1.5) instead of NMM since everyone kept saying it was better and NMM was "unintuitive" (whatever that means, just hit the drat checkbox, what's to be intuitive?) and it was a real hassle getting anything functional out of it. I was tearing my hair out trying to get even trivial mods working right, half of the installers didn't seem to work, and I finally gave up on it entirely after trying to install a mod and it kept giving me poo poo about "Can't figure out how to install this, here, have a drag and drop interface and I'd like you to rearrange the files until this box goes green".

NMM, on the other hand, installed it all cleanly the first time and it all worked as expected

Yeah honestly, MO is miles and miles better than NMM for skyrim, but MO2 has been super glitchy for fo4 so I've just stuck with NMM.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"

Azhais posted:

Did you change your .ini to allow mods to work with MO2?

99% of data directory issues is looking at the top level directory named PussySlayer's immersive erectile dysfunction HD and then one level under that has a folder named data that you can select and confirm as the data directory.

The other 1% is recognizing none of the folders say data and creating a new folder named data.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh. I want to run Fallout 4 with mods and dumb ENB poo poo but like, base game and mods only get me to 30-50 FPS. Barring hardware upgrades, there anything I'm missing?

Mod List for ref:

And also if it really is just "upgrade rig", then that's fine.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Pretty much the number one reason I love using MO.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Gonkish posted:

The 1.3.0 update is hosed up and seems to be for a wide range of resolutions and aspect ratios. The guy who updates it is aware but I don't know what he's doing about it, aside from reacting to the stupid poo poo storm of nexus retards spamming the comments by becoming one with the poop.

Thanks, was able to restore functionality by using files I still had in the recycle bin.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

widespread posted:

So uh. I want to run Fallout 4 with mods and dumb ENB poo poo but like, base game and mods only get me to 30-50 FPS. Barring hardware upgrades, there anything I'm missing?

Mod List for ref:

And also if it really is just "upgrade rig", then that's fine.

What's your rig?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

What's your rig?

Also to note, FO4's on an external with USB 3.0.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

widespread posted:

Why on earth would you do this?

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

laffo, I'm on an Intel i5 3570K (3.4GHz), 16GB RAM, and a GeForce GTX 970 and I'm running FO4 with over 200 mods installed, one of which is Resurrection and it runs fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Entropic posted:

Why on earth would you do this?

I think I ran out of space and was all "Okay, what's getting the boot". But it's now getting transferred to the main HDD.

Robzilla posted:

laffo, I'm on an Intel i5 3570K (3.4GHz), 16GB RAM, and a GeForce GTX 970 and I'm running FO4 with over 200 mods installed, one of which is Resurrection and it runs fine.

To be honest, it's probably a RAM thing where if you don't let your computer shut down for (I think) 30 seconds(?), it will just not be as good temporarily.