Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Bored Gamer posts his predictions for 2.5. The tone is...strained at times...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYfu3Re-Zw&t=115s

thier paarpline is so streamlined now we might get another jpeg. no gameplay elements of course, chris can just flip a switch for those on release

e: lesnik catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
sold a .jpg and delivered a broken .xml, its an open and shut case your honor

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

Based on their views, I don't think anyone outside this thread and CIG know or give a crap who INN are.

goons must be half their views

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm not surprised. Even with COD's usual hatedom and the justifiable reaction to the COD4 HD pack-in scheme, this looks like exactly my jam and probably a lot of other people's too. And I expect most of the downvoters to buy a copy anyway because that's usually what happens with Call of Duty. The fact that Infinity Ward is also taking subtle potshots at CIG that fly under almost everybody's radar? That's just icing. I say almost, because you have to have been paying attention to SC to get their joke. And let's face it, outside of us, a few other critics, and the poor suckers who bought in, nobody's paying any attention to Star Citizen. For good reason.

After almost four years of development and over a hundred million dollars, CIG has given the world zero reason to give a gently caress about them or the games they're ostensibly making. They've got nothing but a janky Crysis mod that barely works and the occasional press release about how good they are at fleecing idiots and all the celebs they've managed to wrangle with that fleeced cash.

I expect CIG to do a big Squadron 42 reveal at CitizenCon. Its going to look a lot like the CoD:IW trailer, except the "citizens" will be patting themselves on the back over how CR "totally owned CoD" while ignoring the facts that the animations are a bit off, the graphics are a bit worse, and SQ42 won't be out in 2016.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eldragon posted:

I expect CIG to do a big Squadron 42 reveal at CitizenCon. Its going to look a lot like the CoD:IW trailer, except the "citizens" will be patting themselves on the back over how CR "totally owned CoD" while ignoring the facts that the animations are a bit off, the graphics are a bit worse, and SQ42 won't be out in 2016.

I predict it will be completely prerendered mark hamill paaarping around because gameplay footage would be completely embarrassing after E3. Star power is all they have

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Half their views feels like it's seriously undershooting it.

Eldragon posted:

I legitimately can't wait to see how CIG tries to respond to this.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FrankieGoes posted:

Every green has sucked Derek's cock tbh.

Yeah....no.

Jealous you never got invited to?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Why don't they just put big grappling hooks onto the ships and instead of a gun give their ship a big fist weapon? Makes you think..

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sickening posted:

You missed many things if you missed derek threats in this thread. :lol:

I agree all the way. Mods generally don't treat threads that generate as many reports on as this one does with much fairness though.

Plus, I seem to remember some other thread I was in a while back getting temporarily shutdown when the spectre of doxxing was looming. I just look at it as the thread getting probation.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pointy posted:

I found this online and am hoping it was created for ironic purposes:

:nms::nms:

Why? Chris is about as effective and brilliant as the character Borat...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

You complete llamas?

Lamas. Do you have no respect for other religions?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Eldragon posted:

I thought they skipped E3 because "gamescom" was their show.

This was COD at Gamescom 2015, I wouldn't expect less for 2016.

CIG better butter up for the showdown :allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Deedrix posted:

Here's a fun little game while we wait for SC to be finished

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARKtlAz4taE

That looks like a pro version of a game Digipen launched a few years ago.

Oh, and AWESOME (even if I am sure I would suck).

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

spacetoaster posted:

Did Chris stop writing letters from the chairman? I imagine he's so busy he can't, but still.

hahaha I think the last one he wrote was here at 102 million

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15138-Letter-From-The-Chairman

collected another 13 million dollars since then

CANT BE BOTHERED

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ideate posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15138-Letter-From-The-Chairman

CANT BE BOTHERED

this is pretty drat funny.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Croberts hasn't done a youtube vid since april. He is hiding, biding time.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Eldragon posted:

I'm betting that it'll be a lot like various promo trailers for Star Citizen. Showing off pre-rendered in-engine snippets that look great and filled with life, but are very far away from what will actually be in the game because they haven't come close to figuring out to make it all work in a playable game and remain stable. They will show a brief scene showing Mark Hamill talking to Sandi Gardner all while using the slickest language possible to obfuscate details and make everyone think the game is going to look just like this and release before the end of the year.

Then three weeks after COD:IW drops and breaks sales records, we'll hear that SQ42 delayed for some extra polish and Shitizens will rejoice that they won't get their game yet because Chris Roberts is making it the best game ever. It releases sometime in Q2 of 2017 and gaming media will say it's lackluster garbage compared to COD and ME:A. Shitizens will cry that Derek Smart bought out the journalists for bad reviews, the game sells 5,000 copies, and CIG goes under.

At least, that's the plan according to You must have a Platinum Account to read this message.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ideate posted:

CANT BE BOTHERED

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
5* days of live streaming, gamecon**.

*Doesn't say where the livestream is, or it could be 5 days of streaming a goldfish bowl.

**may or may not go, depends on what day it is, or if it is cloudy out.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

ComfyPants posted:

I'm betting that it'll be a lot like various promo trailers for Star Citizen. Showing off pre-rendered in-engine snippets that look great and filled with life, but are very far away from what will actually be in the game because they haven't come close to figuring out to make it all work in a playable game and remain stable. They will show a brief scene showing Mark Hamill talking to Sandi Gardner all while using the slickest language possible to obfuscate details and make everyone think the game is going to look just like this and release before the end of the year.

Then three weeks after COD:IW drops and breaks sales records, we'll hear that SQ42 delayed for some extra polish and Shitizens will rejoice that they won't get their game yet because Chris Roberts is making it the best game ever. It releases sometime in Q2 of 2017 and gaming media will say it's lackluster garbage compared to COD and ME:A. Shitizens will cry that Derek Smart bought out the journalists for bad reviews, the game sells 5,000 copies, and CIG goes under.

At least, that's the plan according to You must have a Platinum Account to read this message.

I sincerely hope this happens, or the alternative route is the long road to extinction. I still know friends from my community which are still buying ships though I'm telling them its a scam. Sunk Cost Fallacy is a real thing.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

no_recall posted:

long road to extinction.

I'm afraid this is what it will be.

In several months they will start getting rid of employees because "they did what we hired them to do so we don't need them anymore!".

And this will go on until there are about 40 or so left and it will drag on for a loooong time until a buggy, horrible game is released and Chris disappears.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
omg lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XN5M4lWzB0&t=108s

also holy poo poo everything shown there is straight up mocap

:wtchris:

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 16, 2016

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

its the organization, its corrupt and toxic as hell.

Probably not unlike CIG in that way actually

edit: God drat the more I think about it the more it is what I imagine to work at CIG to be like

AD USAF here. I too feel a certain kinship with victims at CIG. Frankly, they have it better. They have the option to walk away.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the only thing that could expediate the long road is press turning strongly against them, instead of jocular snide remarks in articles about other space games. i'm honestly surprised they still haven't, especially after they dropped out of e3. there's a goldmine for journalists just waiting to be discovered

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, how could we have misunderstood this as "We will be at E3 next year"?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

gamescom will be booths set up playing whatever lovely version of the poo they have out at the time except it will be a crashy trainwreck also they'll have a couch with the fat people sitting on it

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah, how could we have misunderstood this as "We will be at E3 next year"?

But it's not necessary! Why are you disrespecting his important vision? Stop pushing him!

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 16, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
We have just folded space from CIG...Many paarps at CIG. New paarps.

Oh. Yes.

Better than those at E3.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

check it out, TOAST is in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXbvryh46Is

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ayn Randi posted:

serious question is the term "FUD" ever used in any non-insane context

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

Was used a lot by Linux zealots

In other words - no.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Lamas. Do you have no respect for other religions?

They burn themselves. If they don't respect themselves, why should i?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

I thought they skipped E3 because "gamescom" was their show.

This was COD at Gamescom 2015, I wouldn't expect less for 2016.

CIG better butter up for the showdown :allears:

With that 4000 year old bog butter?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Half their views feels like it's seriously undershooting it.

There is no doubt in my mind that after seeing that trailer CR threw a massive tantrum. If there is a god, a CIG staff member secretly recorded it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Maybe he wrote another Letter too.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

T.G. Xarbala posted:

They won't, because they can't.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Kojima's hidden message has now been decrypted!!!

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 16, 2016

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
someone do a gif with star citizen as jon snow tia

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Kakarot posted:

I think we should make the #1 star citizen fan website, it would be 10000% more popular than INN

https://www.number1starcitizenfanwebsite.com is not taken I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

When Derek was about to "doxx" me, I provided him with my Reddit account SCPilotMan. I never use it. There are no posts on it. I simply have one to have an account with some age on it. Reddit is complete trash.

If only you could refrain from posting here too...

• Locked thread