Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wyvernil posted:

If the world's size is comparable to that in Xenoblade X, then I'd imagine we'll get access to some sort of flying mount later in the game. Maybe some sort of giant bird like in Skyward Sword, or a winged horse.

There might even be a number of animal companions and mounts to tame, each of which have different functions while exploring and puzzle solving.

maybe you get to ride a kangaroo a flying bear and a dodongo..............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Anyone else think the ancient technology in Breath of the Wild looks a lot like it was made by the Twili?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Rocketlex posted:

Anyone else think the ancient technology in Breath of the Wild looks a lot like it was made by the Twili?

I didn't think so, but I did note during the streams that the music that plays while fighting the guardians sounds a ton like the music when you fight twilit monsters. It's that exact frantic, discordant set of sounds.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I would have said the technology looked a lot like the tech in Skyward Sword.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

Very much so.

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damH5d8nkWE

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Oooh, the big shrine stones and the shiekah slate and stuff. Yeah, that did look Twilit. I was thinking the guardians which don't look so much like that to me.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The techno look with Tron lines has been aroud since Wind Waker and has been in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd imagine. It would be weird to code something like that just for a relatively small bonus unless there's another way to get Wolf Link without the amiibo.

I bet they just have a system in place for companion characters for various portions of the story and the amiibo functionality just uses that with wolf Link. Seems more logical to me than an animal training feature.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish posted:

now what incentive will the speedrunners choose for the botw charity marathon run

In all seriousness, this game will almost certainly rock for speedrunners. With this much land, it's almost certain that cliffs the devs thought were too high for Link to scale are actually scaleable or certain places can just barely be reached by the hang glider and that you can get into certain areas way before you should be able to.

Break into a late game area towards the beginning, beat a convenient shrine, and boom, you have a fast-travel point to an end-game location way early.

I think half of speedrunning will be finding places to get early and the other half will be setting up the appropriate network of critical fast-travel points and streamlining out everything else except plot-relevant dungeons.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
and none of that will technically be sequence breaking

yes, i agree, this game is really looks really fun and good

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Technology in Zelda-- whether it's divine, Twili, Sheikah, or whatever--- has had that Tron look to it since Wind Waker. They've really made it part of the series' visual identity.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Phantom Ganon?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Ganon is a big pig man with a trident again. I'm getting bored of Ganondorf.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope there's a massive lake/ocean you can ride around on a boat. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope Ganon is a big pig man with a trident again. I'm getting bored of Ganondorf.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Jsor posted:

I didn't think so, but I did note during the streams that the music that plays while fighting the guardians sounds a ton like the music when you fight twilit monsters. It's that exact frantic, discordant set of sounds.

what if, the twili didnt make the guardians, but the guardians made the twili???

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Ganondorf is the old man you talk to when you wake up.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Ganondorf is the old man you talk to when you wake up.

sorry, bu that is daphnes, king of the red lions.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Speaking of design decisions, the gonging/ringing sound that plays any time the Shiekah in the temples say a line, is the exact same sound effect that is heard in a few places in Skyward Sword. It's heard in the main temple in the forest (where the old woman is), and in the Lanayru desert music themes.

Definitely some intentional sound queues relating to the Shiekah/ancient technology.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

thanks alot assbag posted:

Speaking of design decisions, the gonging/ringing sound that plays any time the Shiekah in the temples say a line, is the exact same sound effect that is heard in a few places in Skyward Sword. It's heard in the main temple in the forest (where the old woman is), and in the Lanayru desert music themes.

Definitely some intentional sound queues relating to the Shiekah/ancient technology.

Whee theory time. When Ganon took over the most recent time maybe the Sheikah decided to just go back in time before even skyward sword creating a gigantic time loop that rules the entire history of the world.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm torn between the voice being an AI Zelda or Impa.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It's not zelda.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i wish i had that stasis item irl so that i could freeze myself until this game comes out

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If this game is the spiritual heir of the original Zelda games, maybe Impa can have something based on her original design.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

smell this posted:

It's not zelda.

But in A Link to the Past, Zelda wakes you up from your sleep :eng101:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

smell this posted:

It's not zelda.

You're right, it's probably Agitha, turned into an advanced AI called A.G.I.T.H.A., or Anti-Ganon Intelligence That... Has... AIDS?

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 16, 2016

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

smell this posted:

It's not zelda.
It's Ganon.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

If you open a chair barefoot you stub your toe.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They'll make a new Metroid with great gameplay and compelling exploration, but keep Samus's terrible Other M personality.

I'd prefer if they made Samus a man in the next one instead.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DrPaper posted:

I'd prefer if they made Samus a man in the next one instead.

With the same characterization from M: OM.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

With the same characterization from M: OM.

And a huge package.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Patter Song posted:

If this game is the spiritual heir of the original Zelda games, maybe Impa can have something based on her original design.

Nah, I prefer sexy Impa.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Silvain posted:

Nah, I prefer sexy Impa.

This.

Also, they should make the next Mario like this one, but in the Mushroom Kingdom. All that stuff link is doing with his shield he could do with the koopa shell and he could wear it on his back. It should also be more violent than mario has been in the past and it should have moral choices.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
what the gently caress is the NX

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I want David Cage to make a Kirby game.

Anyway, I think the weirdest thing about this game is the idea of Nintendo making a heavily physics-based game. Playing around with physics objects really isn't the kind of gameplay Nintendo's done in the past, at least not on this scale. It's so strange to imagine solving Half-Life-esque physics puzzles to beat a Zelda dungeon.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Sharzak posted:

what the gently caress is the NX

Wii U 2

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

There's still plenty we don't know, like what its final name will be.

Will it be the Wii V, because V comes after U? Or will it be the Wii W, because it's double U?

That's the big mystery that I can't wait to hear answered.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
The Wii No U Want It (Because It Has Zelda)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I want to be called the Nintendo eXtreme Entertainment System to be very 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Decided to play majora's mask again cause the new game made me excited for zelda