Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There's 8 1/2 hours left in D1.
It's 8:30pm here.

Protip: Imma be asleep when the lynch happens. So my vote ain't going nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Posting for top of the new page + the lack of bold on that one point was annoying the gently caress outta me cause I can't edit it :v:

------------------------------------------------------

You want a case, here's a case.
I will avoid using the 'bet my beard' posts to make it, as I don't need them anyway.

Moatillata posted:

MMT- it looks like you've voted for almost everyone at this point. Town

Adahn is town. quidnose makes a compelling case on AA and dongs sure is posting an awful lot. Also, for someone (infin) who's personal crusade is to murder all lurkers there is a good deal of lurking occuring.

In summary: I would vote for AA, dongs, Infinitum or lil d right now.

First up this post.

Now a couple of things to take note of:
- Moat knows I've been on an antilurking campaign, as he mentions
- If you know enough about me to know I'm super against lurking, you obviously know my playstyle as well
- I'm a high volume poster, and generally am within the top 3 posters via post count.
- Infinitum =/= lurker, so why is he calling me out for lurking

So none of this makes really makes a lick of sense at this point in the game as well:
- You'd expect joke posting phase to last at least around 24~ hours when D1 is 48 hours long.
- At the time of this post the thread has only been open for 8 hours.
- People are at work, people are asleep, people have poo poo to do, etc.

So it doesn't really add up to a valid call out post.
Nothing about it makes sense if you consider all of the above

:siren: It's too early in D1 to be doing a serious, light analytical/callout post + Moat knows my playstyle and high volume of post = Super weird post that is scummy as loving hell :siren:

Which is why I call him out on it:

Infinitum posted:

##vote Moatillata

This isn't a joke vote by the way

You're scum.

There's 2 days left in the game and you're trying to get me for lurking in the 8 hours the threads been opened.

I guaran-loving-tree you Moat is scum.

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early in the day to be having a serious crack at analysing the game and serious posting D1.

Straight up that post alone is enough to convince me Moat is scum.
Nothing groks about it.

So what does our boy Moat do, immediately after being called out and 2 votes placed on him back to back?

Moatillata posted:

Max- I know you have the hots for me secretly but I didn't vote anyone.

Lil D - I just wanted to call you out a bit and see your response.

MMT- wanted infinitum and I to weigh in. I did so.

The only thing I am into right now is photosynthesis this is a fact. If lynching me will make you feel better, feel free but all you'll get is a stump.

Immediately drops the case he made for me and starts focusing on other targets again.

A player, as town, is always going to be super suspicious of everyone.
Why would Moat drop his case for me in this follow up post?
Why would Moat redirect the case he had on me to the fact that it was merely MMT asking the both of us to check in

:siren: Because he can't push that avenue of attack for me as 'scum' anymore. :siren:

:siren: If he was town, and was continuing to hammer me for being a 'lurker', wouldn't you immediately follow up with a "Why have you been lurking" or a "Where have you been post"? :siren:

When I call him out on it again he follows up with:

Moatillata posted:

I'm glad I called you out because you are waaaaay overreacting.

I liked lil D's response better.

Except it's not an overreaction at this point, as I'm calling him out for something scummy and now he's trying to back away and dance away from it.

"Oh Inf you overeact so much haha"
"haha look how Australian Inf is, don't pay attention to him"

If you look at Moat's posts for the rest of the day he really only mentions MMT, Quidnose, and to a lesser extent LilD.
:siren: Would you not be casing EVERYONE at this point if you decided to break joke posting early to serious post and case people? :siren:

Yes I'm tunnelling Moat hard, but I wouldn't have had he not hosed up by calling me out in the scummiest manner possible.

Moat, you asked me before who I think scum team is? It's you+MMT for your weird as gently caress weird interactions.

Sooooo
To make a long story short.
Vote Moat. He'll flip scum.

I've already voted him, but lets hammer the point home again and get the train rolling.
##vote Moat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

6 1/2 hours to go and I'm going to bed.

Vote moat.
Lynch scum.
Win game.

:tootzzz:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm here and will be sort of around, but I have to prepare for a presentation at 2PM, which is just before deadline.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I'm here and will be sort of around, but I have to prepare for a presentation at 2PM, which is just before deadline.

I'm physically incapable of doing things in advance of deadlines. It works for me though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm physically incapable of doing things in advance of deadlines. It works for me though.

Yeah, this is for a professor I work with, they want me to walk through Photoshop with their summer students. I don't want it to be one of those things where I'm fumbling around trying to answer questions in the middle of the thing. I know it, I just need to get the order of what I'm going through down pat.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Infinitum that's a really lame case. I appreciate your :words: though.

First off, day one was mainly spent seriously strategizing the game. I guess maybe you werent reading the thread? There has been literally no "joke phase". When I call you out there has been a ton of posts already. None of which were you. Also, you claim high volume posts. We are on page 10 already for day one. Also, I didn't feel the need to tunnel you because, Jesus, your overreaction spoke for itself. You have contributed zero to the game up until now when you make a huge post which has a strong emotional appeal for my lynch without much content. Then you go to bed.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I speak for the trees. I like trees. I am a tree wizard. Ramalama Alabama. I don't understand why youre being so willfully obtuse. Unless you are playing against your win condition or you are scum. Which is it?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Yeah, this is for a professor I work with, they want me to walk through Photoshop with their summer students. I don't want it to be one of those things where I'm fumbling around trying to answer questions in the middle of the thing. I know it, I just need to get the order of what I'm going through down pat.

Ahhh, yeah. It's not fun having to guess what's on the next slide, especially when you made it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also, MMT it's getting close to deadline and you still haven't responded to me or quid.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Infinitum that's a really lame case. I appreciate your :words: though.

First off, day one was mainly spent seriously strategizing the game. I guess maybe you werent reading the thread? There has been literally no "joke phase". When I call you out there has been a ton of posts already. None of which were you. Also, you claim high volume posts. We are on page 10 already for day one. Also, I didn't feel the need to tunnel you because, Jesus, your overreaction spoke for itself. You have contributed zero to the game up until now when you make a huge post which has a strong emotional appeal for my lynch without much content. Then you go to bed.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I speak for the trees. I like trees. I am a tree wizard. Ramalama Alabama. I don't understand why youre being so willfully obtuse. Unless you are playing against your win condition or you are scum. Which is it?

I still don't agree and don't get the lurker callout that you did to Inf. We were literally 8 hours into the game and even I was aware that he was on Australia time. Why are you sticking to your guns on this?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

I still don't agree and don't get the lurker callout that you did to Inf. We were literally 8 hours into the game and even I was aware that he was on Australia time. Why are you sticking to your guns on this?

How do you get post counts for every person in the thread?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

Click the number under the Re collumn in the game room

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

What does that have to do with what I asked?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Because I feel like he has posted waaaay less than normal but "feels" arent good enough so I would like to see some

NUMERALS!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Absurd Revolver posted:

Click the number under the Re collumn in the game room

Also, what if I am phone posting exclusively all the time 24/7

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Also, what if I am phone posting exclusively all the time 24/7

I do that. I'm even running a game from (almost) exclusively my phone. I'm not sure what this is asking.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Since you want it.

postcount posted:

dongsbot 9000 76
Max 63
Adahn1986 46
Anomalous Amalgam 40
Moatillata 36
Quidnose 32
Infinitum 26
Li Dawny 22
Murmur Twin 19
Absurd Revolver 15
votefinder 1

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
That I don't see any of the things AR said?

I can post a screenshot if you want and we all walk me through like tech support.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't think that feature is available on awful. You could use your phone's mobile browser to go to SA though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But I just posted that thing for you.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Since you want it.

Thanks max. See, he has posted way less than normal. About the same as lil d who has also hardly posted.

Does that mean he's scum? No. Realize this game is about gauging people's reactions. I called out infi and lil d. Lil D responded in a funny way with confidence and left it at that. Infi responded by single-mindedly tunneling me so hard that I think he might be in my backyard right now. He has contributed literally nothing else other than MOAT = SCUM. At least half of his few posts are just attack only on me and not meaningful engagement with the thread.

Does this mean he is scum? With the totality it's likely. But I really want to hear from MMT because i am more suspicious of her believe or not. Especially after re reading the thread yesterday afternoon.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anomalous Amalgam (2): dongsbot 9000, Adahn1986
Moatillata (1): Max, Max, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Infinitum, Max, Max, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
Quidnose (1): Murmur Twin
Adahn1986 (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
dongsbot 9000 (0): Max, Max
Max (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Li Dawny, Max, Moatillata, Quidnose

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 16th, 2016 at 2:39 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 1 minute.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I actually get kind of a town read from Infini, because he gets really insane and tunnely when he's town and is more laid back and passive as scum.

But that's from horrifically limited exposure.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

I actually get kind of a town read from Infini, because he gets really insane and tunnely when he's town and is more laid back and passive as scum.

And that's why I'm more suspicious of MMT currently.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm here, but at work so mostly phone posting until my break, but I'll be here at deadline.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

This is my experience with him as well.

I'll give mmt a re-read when I get a chunk of time to do so, but we do only have 4 hours.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually come to think of it he was scum in the aliens game and all he did was post and attack lurkers. I think he had probably the highest post count in the thread

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote Moat

I think Inf's points are solid and I don't like Moat's response. He's not scum hunting, just OMGUSing by saying "that's just your opinion, man, and a scummy one at that" and passing suspicion on to MMT for being absent. Lines up with the pattern Inf thinks he is establishing with him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm happy with Moat or AA today. Kinda feeling AA more, but it's fine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

Why?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok, I know we all hate mechanics arguments but I'm kind of leaning MMT now.

The arsonists want to prime people unlikely to be lynched, and they want Ferngully to douse the wrong person.

MMT came out, cased and voted almost everyone, potentially making it rough for Ferngully to choose.

When she's town (horrifically limited exposure caveat) she focuses well and isolates strong cases.

We could be seeing her scum game. I think a lot of us are picking up bad vibes (gut feels) and that may or may not be a coincidence.

##vote MMT

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I agree with this, and also would be willing to have a conversation about MMT.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Which part do you want me to explain?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, AA posted the hedgiest post I have ever seen (not a pun) right off the bat when the mechanics chat started. It's something that I've ignored in previous games whenever I see it, and it almost always ends up being a scum tell for most people. I don't want to ignore it this game.

Moat is making a disingenuous argument, re: Inf, though it looks like they're realizing that one isn't going to get much traction.

Basically gut says AA, brain says Moat.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hmm, sometimes people do the groupings, so I can do it too.

Leans scum: MMT, AA
Leans town: Moat, Infin

Black hole of uncertainty: Everyone else

Except for me, I am a tree.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Hmm, sometimes people do the groupings, so I can do it too.

Leans scum: MMT, AA
Leans town: Moat, Infin

Black hole of uncertainty: Everyone else

Except for me, I am a tree.

Let me tell you about lumpen lists.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Thank you Max. That is what I wanted.

Adahn, why do you think Moat is town?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Thank you Max. That is what I wanted.

Adahn, why do you think Moat is town?

His response to having votes on him was exactly as I'd expect from a tree.

Basically, that if you get lynched, you get tree-stumped and stick around. If it's an act, it's a damned good one.

AA responded far more viscerally, suggesting he has something to lose.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
hi im doing actual work today + spending all my free time on carmax but ill pop in if i can

i am horrible at making reads at any point b4 lylo so i dont have anything to say yet anyway ;3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:confused:

How am I disingenuous? It's like no one is reading my posts. I'm not even super into voting infinitum because tunneling like he is really bad strategy for scum since when I flipped town I don't disappear and I can still contribute.

Also how am I OMGUS?
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck

If anything, that's infinitum. I didn't even vote him all I did was call him out.

I understand max wanting to vote me but withholding however quidnose surprises me with his vote. Normally he is more verbose and cases someone. Case in point: AA. However with All the heat he throws on AA he drops it for one post from infinitum? Weird.

• Locked thread