Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Adahn1986 posted:

His response to having votes on him was exactly as I'd expect from a tree.

Basically, that if you get lynched, you get tree-stumped and stick around. If it's an act, it's a damned good one.

Can you show me where he did this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

hi im doing actual work today + spending all my free time on carmax but ill pop in if i can

i am horrible at making reads at any point b4 lylo so i dont have anything to say yet anyway ;3

What car you looking to get?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Moatillata posted:

:confused:

How am I disingenuous? It's like no one is reading my posts. I'm not even super into voting infinitum because tunneling like he is really bad strategy for scum since when I flipped town I don't disappear and I can still contribute.

Also how am I OMGUS?
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck

If anything, that's infinitum. I didn't even vote him all I did was call him out.

I understand max wanting to vote me but withholding however quidnose surprises me with his vote. Normally he is more verbose and cases someone. Case in point: AA. However with All the heat he throws on AA he drops it for one post from infinitum? Weird.

Who do you think are scum?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Max is right. Everybody mislynch me. It's town only hope. I can still post inappropriately long after I'm a stump.

:kingsley:

Moatillata posted:

Max- I know you have the hots for me secretly but I didn't vote anyone.

Lil D - I just wanted to call you out a bit and see your response.

MMT- wanted infinitum and I to weigh in. I did so.

The only thing I am into right now is photosynthesis this is a fact. If lynching me will make you feel better, feel free but all you'll get is a stump.

Moatillata posted:

C'mon you know you still wanna murder me anyway. Release your hatred. Cut me down. I shall become more stumpy than you can imagine.

Moatillata posted:

I just want you to kill me and feel better.

:glomp:

Moatillata posted:

:waycool:

Too bad I can still post

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

See, I look at this and see him pointing out over and over 'omg, look how town I am' and that's suspicious to me.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidnose posted:

Who do you think are scum?

Don't deflect. Why did you drop all your :words: on AA for a single post from infinitum? On someone you haven't even mentioned up until now?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Don't deflect. Why did you drop all your :words: on AA for a single post from infinitum? On someone you haven't even mentioned up until now?

Okay then I'll ask, because it's an answer I want too. Who are your scum picks Moat, and why?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

See, I look at this and see him pointing out over and over 'omg, look how town I am' and that's suspicious to me.

Well, we're going to lynch someone today and he's on the top of most peoples' poo poo lists.

Scum tend to sweat and get all flabbergasted and defend themselves. Especially if there are only two of them.

Moat is cool as a cucumber. He really doesn't seem to care if he gets lynched. Yeah, he's annoyed by infini going after him, but who wouldn't be? Getting tunneled sucks.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quid, why Moat over AA?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're going to lynch someone today and he's on the top of most peoples' poo poo lists.

Scum tend to sweat and get all flabbergasted and defend themselves. Especially if there are only two of them.

Moat is cool as a cucumber. He really doesn't seem to care if he gets lynched. Yeah, he's annoyed by infini going after him, but who wouldn't be? Getting tunneled sucks.

He may not be defending himself outright, but he is defiantly trying to push people onto other lynching possibilities. I'm not saying he's 100% scum, but his posts have a strange edge to them when I re-read and it makes me side-eye him pretty hard.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's deffo getting worse the more Moat posts, though I am cautious about how AA is going quiet at the moment.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

He may not be defending himself outright, but he is defiantly trying to push people onto other lynching possibilities. I'm not saying he's 100% scum, but his posts have a strange edge to them when I re-read and it makes me side-eye him pretty hard.

Ok dawny, that's a red flag. You're calling him scum for suggesting that other people in the game might be scum?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If he's town, and knows he's town, then it's his prerogative to get someone else lynched, or he's playing against his win condition.

Sure, it's okay to be casual about it before the deadline approaches, but when it comes down to the wire a mislynch helps scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Again, I'm not really seeing how I come across as hedging when I make one post about being on the fence and then definitively decide and explain which I thought was the better course of action.

I also explain why I was so adamant about standing up for myself, it's not that I have anything to lose, but instead I refuse to be bullied into what has ultimately read as flawed circular logic that can only be validated subjectively.

Honing in on one or two posts from what was effectively the start of the game and ignoring the actual thought and contribution I've made outside of that is scummy and thats what I see Li Dawny, Max doing right now. Adahn was doing this, but at least he has further belief for voting me despite being wrong about it.

Also I'm quiet so I don't get fired, phone posting for the time being but Li Dawny's case feels like a me too, and Max focusing on the hedging argument seems off to me as well.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Ok dawny, that's a red flag. You're calling him scum for suggesting that other people in the game might be scum?

I did not say that. I called him scummy with all of the look how town I am posts, you said he wasn't defending himself how scum would, and I said that he's not outright defending himself but he's defiantly trying to get the vote to go anywhere but him. Don't twist my words.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hrrmm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Moatillata posted:

The answer you seek lies in the thread:

Quidnose posted:

I didn't say you were a slam dunk, in fact I asked whoever it was to explain why THEY were so convinced as to why they thought my case was cut and dry.

What I saw is what I saw and how I interpreted it is based on that. I am not sure about you now AA because I don't think you'd come in hard with THIS IS AN OBVIOUS SETUP as scum, you'd probably just ignore all of this.

MMT's hyper semantics argument seems fake to me. I'm more interested in what she is doing because I do not understand it.

I voted you because I liked Inf's case and I didn't like your response, and that's what I said.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

I did not say that. I called him scummy with all of the look how town I am posts, you said he wasn't defending himself how scum would, and I said that he's not outright defending himself but he's defiantly trying to get the vote to go anywhere but him. Don't twist my words.

It's the emotional aspect that's lacking. He's not emotionally invested in his own lynching (or its prevention).

And I'm not twisting your words, your perception that he is 'defiantly' trying to pursue other lynching possibilities jumps out at me.

Moat is, in all likelihood, a tree. For you to see him as 'defiantly' trying to escape his fate suggests to me that you're emotionally invested in his lynching.

Does a mislynch help you achieve your win condition?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Again, I'm not really seeing how I come across as hedging when I make one post about being on the fence and then definitively decide and explain which I thought was the better course of action.

I also explain why I was so adamant about standing up for myself, it's not that I have anything to lose, but instead I refuse to be bullied into what has ultimately read as flawed circular logic that can only be validated subjectively.

Honing in on one or two posts from what was effectively the start of the game and ignoring the actual thought and contribution I've made outside of that is scummy and thats what I see Li Dawny, Max doing right now. Adahn was doing this, but at least he has further belief for voting me despite being wrong about it.

Also I'm quiet so I don't get fired, phone posting for the time being but Li Dawny's case feels like a me too, and Max focusing on the hedging argument seems off to me as well.

There is soooooo much passive language in here, christ.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn is white knighting Moat pretty hard. He mentions him once before this in passing as town so it's kind of odd he's coming in defending him so far when he admittedly has listed him as "kinda town." He also is not offering an opinion on almost anyone else and it's....kinda weird. Makes me think he might know Moat's alignment.

Also, I'm not sure I buy his "look how cool he is under pressure" argument because personally if that was my actual opinion I would have posted only this:

Moatillata posted:

Max- I know you have the hots for me secretly but I didn't vote anyone.

Lil D - I just wanted to call you out a bit and see your response.

MMT- wanted infinitum and I to weigh in. I did so.

The only thing I am into right now is photosynthesis this is a fact. If lynching me will make you feel better, feel free but all you'll get is a stump.

That's what I found when I went back to look at Moat's history to see what Adahn was even getting at. The rest of that poo poo is hardcore joke phase/joking and I'm not sure why he included it at all - kinda looks like covering of tracks...

##unvote I have to think a bit.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

It's the emotional aspect that's lacking. He's not emotionally invested in his own lynching (or its prevention).

And I'm not twisting your words, your perception that he is 'defiantly' trying to pursue other lynching possibilities jumps out at me.

Moat is, in all likelihood, a tree. For you to see him as 'defiantly' trying to escape his fate suggests to me that you're emotionally invested in his lynching.

Yyyyyeaaaahhh, I don't like this post very much.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

There is soooooo much passive language in here, christ.

I don't understand this, what are you getting at, Max.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

I apologize, my phone autocorrected definitely and defiantly.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Guys I think Max might be scum. For real.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Quidnose is jumping on whatever is the current 'most likely to be lynched' person.

First it looked to be AA, so he tunneled.

Then infin posted, and Quid jumped on that and tunneled.

It seems like Dawny and Quid are defending each other, that's interesting. Especially with Quid's incredibly vague response to me just now, where he's usually detail-oriented.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

I apologize, my phone autocorrected definitely and defiantly.

Definitely was supposed to be in the places defiantly was is what I'm trying to say

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My general issue with AA is the tone of their posts, starting with the hedging argument. That post seems really . . . constructed, and has a really passive voice.

"Max seams off"

"Dawney's case feels like a me too."

I dunno, I'm nit picking, but it's definitely a pattern with their posts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Guys I think Max might be scum. For real.

Dude, you're all over the place today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

Dude, you're all over the place today.

The game has been really loving slow so I'm rereading and thinking. I haven't really been involved in it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is low involvement?

And do me a favor and at least give me something to respond to if you're gonna make a "Max is scum for real" statement.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

It seems like Dawny and Quid are defending each other, that's interesting. Especially with Quid's incredibly vague response to me just now, where he's usually detail-oriented.

I've been mostly ignoring Quid because he's acting exactly like he did in a different game where we ended up having a huge slap fight, and we were both town then.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Quidnose is jumping on whatever is the current 'most likely to be lynched' person.

First it looked to be AA, so he tunneled.

Then infin posted, and Quid jumped on that and tunneled.

I also really dislike this post.

I was the first person to push for AA, so that doesn't even parse. People are actively talking about me hopping off of AA without explaining it so I am not sure why you are calling this a tunnel either.

You make it sound like I jumped on Inf but I assume you are talking about me jumping on to Moat? How am I tunneling moat if you are saying I am jumping on to "most likely to be dunked" person?

I am now suspicious of you and Max. How does that show me going with the wind of the populace, as you are saying?

I also don't see how I am defending Dawny at all, I haven't mentioned her, period, beyond looking at you for a weird rear end post you made in response to her. You are also making connections between unflipped players.

This is a hella scummy post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

This is low involvement?

And do me a favor and at least give me something to respond to if you're gonna make a "Max is scum for real" statement.

The entire first day was game mechanics arguments, which you were heavily involved in, and which doesn't serve for scumhunting. Then AA defended himself and we kinda talked about things but the game moved really slow so I was like "meh." Then I was waiting for Inf to post his case to see if he was being genuine or not and that took until Australia time so I was also "meh" about it.

In terms of a D1, it's been fairly slow, at least from my perspective. It's odd to me that you're saying we've had a ton of content when you've spent a lot of your post history:

-talking about game theory
-talking about non-mafia stuff
-kinda asking questions, like I've been doing

So I'm not sure why you would be going HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THERE'S BEEN A TON OF POSTING here...

Mostly right now I'm looking at your post history and getting a gut feeling about it. Too much crap not enough scumhunting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

I am now suspicious of you and Max. How does that show me going with the wind of the populace, as you are saying?

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

You usually give pretty good reasons for your suspicions.

I woke up this morning thinking "it'll probably be AA today" but in the last few hours there has been a lot of momentum off of them out of nowhere. That's strange to me and now I really want to know their alignment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, you responded while I was typing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

You usually give pretty good reasons for your suspicions.

I woke up this morning thinking "it'll probably be AA today" but in the last few hours there has been a lot of momentum off of them out of nowhere. That's strange to me and now I really want to know their alignment.

Who is pushing momentum off of AA?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not pushing, just ignoring. I feel like people ignored that post they just made, aside from me. Your only response to it was to call my response weird. MMT pushed a case on you for casing AA yesterday. I feel like the harder it is to get people to look at someone, the more likely it is that they are scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI, I do agree that the mechanics chat between me and adahn should be treated as alignment neutral, but I still feel OK about Adahn since he brought that argument to the table in the first place. I don't see scum doing that right out of the gate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

FYI, I do agree that the mechanics chat between me and adahn should be treated as alignment neutral, but I still feel OK about Adahn since he brought that argument to the table in the first place. I don't see scum doing that right out of the gate.

It's nice you don't think he would do that, and I have agreed with you, but I think his last two posts have been scummy and you are ignoring that. Can you please speak to my most recent post about his scummy rear end post and if you agree or disagree with my points, and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

Not pushing, just ignoring. I feel like people ignored that post they just made, aside from me. Your only response to it was to call my response weird. MMT pushed a case on you for casing AA yesterday. I feel like the harder it is to get people to look at someone, the more likely it is that they are scum.

I also don't understand this post at all in relation to what you just said about momentum going off of AA.

• Locked thread