Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Infinitum can you case Moat?

Quidnose posted:

##vote Moat

I think Inf's points are solid and I don't like Moat's response. He's not scum hunting, just OMGUSing by saying "that's just your opinion, man, and a scummy one at that" and passing suspicion on to MMT for being absent. Lines up with the pattern Inf thinks he is establishing with him.

Consecutive Quidnose posts. Interesting. Pressure is on AA, Quidnose sees that Moat is the second biggest target. Infinitum posts an insane rant and Quidnose eats it up.

Is this what you're talking about Max?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

...are you implying that I cased AA, my scum buddy, out the gate, and then immediately dropped it at a convenient time? What even is this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm back and catching up on the game, apologies for not being around yesterday.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Consecutive Quidnose posts. Interesting. Pressure is on AA, Quidnose sees that Moat is the second biggest target. Infinitum posts an insane rant and Quidnose eats it up.

And why are you putting the onus of calling me scum on Max? Call me scum if you think I'm scum, you have been avoiding outright doing that for two posts now.

Am I scum, Adahn?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

ALSO:

Let's examine your first point:

Adahn1986 posted:

Quidnose is jumping on whatever is the current 'most likely to be lynched' person.

First it looked to be AA, so he tunneled.

Then infin posted, and Quid jumped on that and tunneled.

It seems like Dawny and Quid are defending each other, that's interesting. Especially with Quid's incredibly vague response to me just now, where he's usually detail-oriented.

I respond to this with many points, engage with Max on a few things, more content has happened since you posted this.

What do you do? You IMMEDIATELY restate this post and ignore all of that:

Adahn1986 posted:

There is literally nothing new here. You posted just to remind everyone that you think I am scum, without saying I am scum, and by demanding Max case me for you.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Quid's scum list includes:

AA, Moat, Adahn, and Max.

People who Quid has voted:

Moat

Am I missing anything? Also, I've seen scum do the "consider this a vote for NAME" before as a hedge.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

So yes, I do think you [AA] think Adahn is acting scummy, and I don't see why you are acting like you're not.

To clarify the reason I'm honing in on this line - if you think someone is scum, by definition you don't think they have alignment reads on other players. If Quid "does think that AA thinks Adahn is acting scummy", it implies that Quid thinks AA is town. That doesn't make sense given that it was in the middle of a large case on him.

I'm not policing this for grammar or whatever, I'm saying that the phrasing Quid used there betrays the fact that he's fabricating a read on AA.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You are contradicting yourself.

Adahn1986 posted:

If he's town, and knows he's town, then it's his prerogative to get someone else lynched, or he's playing against his win condition.

Sure, it's okay to be casual about it before the deadline approaches, but when it comes down to the wire a mislynch helps scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Am I scum, Adahn? That is the third post you have made where you don't call me scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Adahn is white knighting Moat pretty hard. He mentions him once before this in passing as town so it's kind of odd he's coming in defending him so far when he admittedly has listed him as "kinda town." He also is not offering an opinion on almost anyone else and it's....kinda weird. Makes me think he might know Moat's alignment.

Also, I'm not sure I buy his "look how cool he is under pressure" argument because personally if that was my actual opinion I would have posted only this:

Quidnose posted:

I also really dislike this post.

I was the first person to push for AA, so that doesn't even parse. People are actively talking about me hopping off of AA without explaining it so I am not sure why you are calling this a tunnel either.

You make it sound like I jumped on Inf but I assume you are talking about me jumping on to Moat? How am I tunneling moat if you are saying I am jumping on to "most likely to be dunked" person?

I am now suspicious of you and Max. How does that show me going with the wind of the populace, as you are saying?

I also don't see how I am defending Dawny at all, I haven't mentioned her, period, beyond looking at you for a weird rear end post you made in response to her. You are also making connections between unflipped players.

This is a hella scummy post.

You've admitted that this is a slow day 1, so not having lots of posts about Moat before the white-knighting campaign begins in earnest doesn't make sense. Plus, we don't really know moats alignment, so I don't know how to read his defense. I agreed with inf's case the first time he brought it up, and still agree with it now, but Adahn has at least been consistent with his opinions. You have not.

You are correct, you were the first to seriously push Adahn.

HOWEVER: The speed at which you jumped on Moat without another mention of AA is weird and you've rightly been called out on it. So why Moat and not AA (second time I've asked this)

Like, why have you backed off on that case? I thought it was pretty good, but the way you've been jumping on so many other people as we reach deadline reads like you were busing him but realized that you were doing too good a job at it and now need to hit the breaks.

MMT did something similar when you cased AA. AA has a lot of connections and people have still ignored their most recent post, which just looks way over constructed and passive for it to have come from a town mindset.

So putting my money where my mouth is: ##vote AA

Which is why I would prefer an AA lunch today, because it'll give us lots to go on leading into day 2.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mafia edit: you were the first person to seriously push AA.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Yes, that is what I was talking about.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

To clarify the reason I'm honing in on this line - if you think someone is scum, by definition you don't think they have alignment reads on other players. If Quid "does think that AA thinks Adahn is acting scummy", it implies that Quid thinks AA is town. That doesn't make sense given that it was in the middle of a large case on him.

I'm not policing this for grammar or whatever, I'm saying that the phrasing Quid used there betrays the fact that he's fabricating a read on AA.

Scum fake cases on people. That was my whole point in saying what I said about what AA is doing. You are ignoring that to hone in on a single, awkward phrased point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

...are you implying that I cased AA, my scum buddy, out the gate, and then immediately dropped it at a convenient time? What even is this.

This is what it looks like.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

So why Moat and not AA (second time I've asked this)

I already answered this.

I literally stopped reading your post at that point because I am very tired of people not reading my posts. -____

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I will post it LITERALLY A THIRD TIME so people can reading comprehension better:

Quidnose posted:

I didn't say you were a slam dunk, in fact I asked whoever it was to explain why THEY were so convinced as to why they thought my case was cut and dry.

What I saw is what I saw and how I interpreted it is based on that. I am not sure about you now AA because I don't think you'd come in hard with THIS IS AN OBVIOUS SETUP as scum, you'd probably just ignore all of this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

I already answered this.

I literally stopped reading your post at that point because I am very tired of people not reading my posts. -____

Lame.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max, why is AA scum? You are advocating an information dunk and have not cased him beyond "I think you made good points." I don't even know which points you think are good.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

I will post it LITERALLY A THIRD TIME so people can reading comprehension better:

That is a really awkwardly constructed post, I'm not surprised I didn't understand it the first time I read it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I agree with Max. The reasons for lynching AA stand.

I think Infin's case totally lacks merit, and while Quid's change in stance is odd it's meaningless without a flip.

I still get town vibes from Moat.

##vote AA

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

That is a really awkwardly constructed post, I'm not surprised I didn't understand it the first time I read it.

That's cool, is it scummy? Did I do it on purpose? Do this make me scum?

You and Adahn are hardcore not offering opinions on poo poo other than game theory and I'm starting to wonder if you guys fabricated that argument.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

I agree with Max. The reasons for lynching AA stand.

I think Infin's case totally lacks merit, and while Quid's change in stance is odd it's meaningless without a flip.

I still get town vibes from Moat.

##vote AA

AM.

I.

SCUM.

ADAHN.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're going to lynch someone today and he's on the top of most peoples' poo poo lists.

Scum tend to sweat and get all flabbergasted and defend themselves. Especially if there are only two of them.

Moat is cool as a cucumber. He really doesn't seem to care if he gets lynched. Yeah, he's annoyed by infini going after him, but who wouldn't be? Getting tunneled sucks.

Followed by

Adahn1986 posted:

If he's town, and knows he's town, then it's his prerogative to get someone else lynched, or he's playing against his win condition.

Sure, it's okay to be casual about it before the deadline approaches, but when it comes down to the wire a mislynch helps scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It wouldn't even be fabricating an argument, it would be simply engaging with each other on a mafia-theory point of view that you disagreed on. Would be very easy to do especially if you weren't doing much in the scumdoc to start it off.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

AM.

I.

SCUM.

ADAHN.

The correct answer to that question is 'Maybe'.

Is that what you were looking for?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

Followed by

What is this in relation to?

Why are people posting without saying anything.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

The correct answer to that question is 'Maybe'.

Is that what you were looking for?

##vote Adahn

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Max posted:

Mafia edit: you were the first person to seriously push AA.

NO IT WAS ME

just because i empty voted aa w/o any explanation doesnt mean its not a serious push i just hope that every1 will come to the same conclusion as me and we can win this game w/o posting and just using our tree hivemind

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You spend three posts throwing shade about how I am scummy, hinge your opinion on AA's flip, and refuse to make a call on how you actually feel. If AA flips scum, I am the obvious choice tomorrow because "I was protecting my scum buddy.". If AA flips town, I am the obvious choice tomorrow because "he knew it was going to be a misdunk."

This is scum play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You're focusing on the wrong aspect, dawny. It's the lack of flabbergastedness that makes me think Moat leans town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I cannot believe I am saying this but dongsbot I believe you are town this game and I really want your opinion on what is going down right now, can you please reread the last two pages.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

good thing this is the totally chill dongs post horrible tragedies or i would be like "blah blah quidnose shut up" but now im all like "lol quidnose keep at it this is lmao as heck"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Moatillata posted:

What car you looking to get?

lol i like the buick verano but basically everyone in the world is stealthily calling me a retard b/c of it. i've only driven the leather edition and i think i'll have carmax transfer a baseline trim edition so i can see how it is.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Mmt.. are you and lil D the scum team? I just re-read the thread. You're seeming suspicious. Also, is that gasoline you're holding?

Nope, and nope.

Can you give an example specifically of what you find suspicious?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

That's cool, is it scummy? Did I do it on purpose? Do this make me scum?

You and Adahn are hardcore not offering opinions on poo poo other than game theory and I'm starting to wonder if you guys fabricated that argument.

I don't really know. I missed / glazed over it the first time I encountered it, so your switch to moat seemed a lot more sudden then it apparently was. It would be easier to interpret if I knew AA's alignment, which is what I would like to discover now.

You're jumping around a lot all of the sudden now that people are moving onto AA, who has offered us very little. Take a step back and look at how you've been reacting to people mentioning AA. The moment I mentioned him and Moat, you jumped on me. The moment I pointed out his super awkward, self conscious post, you jumped on me and just called me scum. It makes me want to vote you but I'm trying to hold myself back here from going full on OMGUS. AA is the better lynch today.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Quidnose posted:

I cannot believe I am saying this but dongsbot I believe you are town this game and I really want your opinion on what is going down right now, can you please reread the last two pages.

can you summarize it for me

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

What is this in relation to?

Why are people posting without saying anything.

I was pointing out the flaws with Adahn's logic, specifically the contradiction you pointed out. Do you need me to post every logical leap that most of us are able to make?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

You spend three posts throwing shade about how I am scummy, hinge your opinion on AA's flip, and refuse to make a call on how you actually feel. If AA flips scum, I am the obvious choice tomorrow because "I was protecting my scum buddy.". If AA flips town, I am the obvious choice tomorrow because "he knew it was going to be a misdunk."

This is scum play.

I have no idea who gets pushed for lynch tomorrow, but if you want to get me tree-stumped that's your prerogative. I'd rather that than get fired.

I think this is going to be a fun game!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Now I need to get lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Passive? I call you two out directly for specific reasons within the post.

It's like you're not even reading what I'm saying.

How am I the better lynch for today, and there isn't a lack of conviction in my thoughts. I think you're scum.

##vote Max

• Locked thread