Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Adahn1986 posted:

I have no idea who gets pushed for lynch tomorrow, but if you want to get me tree-stumped that's your prerogative. I'd rather that than get fired.

I think this is going to be a fun game!

This, again, speaks nothing to my alignment, at all. Why are you so hesitant to call me scum, or outright say I am acting scummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im going to acquire 1 sandwich and then think really hard about this game just for you quidnose

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

This, again, speaks nothing to my alignment, at all. Why are you so hesitant to call me scum, or outright say I am acting scummy?

Because I don't feel like thinking 3 moves ahead when I have literally 2 days to make each move.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

I don't really know. I missed / glazed over it the first time I encountered it, so your switch to moat seemed a lot more sudden then it apparently was. It would be easier to interpret if I knew AA's alignment, which is what I would like to discover now.

You're jumping around a lot all of the sudden now that people are moving onto AA, who has offered us very little. Take a step back and look at how you've been reacting to people mentioning AA. The moment I mentioned him and Moat, you jumped on me. The moment I pointed out his super awkward, self conscious post, you jumped on me and just called me scum. It makes me want to vote you but I'm trying to hold myself back here from going full on OMGUS. AA is the better lynch today.

I'm sorry, who has moved on to AA?

He is at -2. The votes on him are:

-dongsbot, from D1
-You
-Adahn, who was a revote

So what has changed, exactly? Who has moved on to AA? What hard AA push am I trying to redirect from him?

And didn't you JUST say that people were moving AWAY from AA and that's why I was suspicious? This is a direct contradiction.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

I'm sorry, who has moved on to AA?

He is at -2. The votes on him are:

-dongsbot, from D1
-You
-Adahn, who was a revote

So what has changed, exactly? Who has moved on to AA? What hard AA push am I trying to redirect from him?

And didn't you JUST say that people were moving AWAY from AA and that's why I was suspicious? This is a direct contradiction.

Well, we're approaching the deadline so feel free to turn your virtual vote into a real vote and help :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Because I don't feel like thinking 3 moves ahead when I have literally 2 days to make each move.

You yourself said that town should be thinking of people as scummy, that's how town plays the game. Why aren't you playing a town game, Adahn.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're approaching the deadline so feel free to turn your virtual vote into a real vote and help :)

...what? What are you even saying here?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Consider an AA vote here, that would put him at -2 though.

I am going to be gone for a while, don't turbo anyone thanks~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I was pointing out the flaws with Adahn's logic, specifically the contradiction you pointed out. Do you need me to post every logical leap that most of us are able to make?

I would like you to post your opinion on what you are quoting so I can see and analyze your thought process rather than guess at it, yes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

....that was loving 2 real days ago. Are you saying I should not have changed my opinion BASED ON WHAT IS HAPPENING IN GAME?

I no longer think AA is scum, especially considering your play and Max's play. Why in the world would you think I would vote AA right now?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

You yourself said that town should be thinking of people as scummy, that's how town plays the game. Why aren't you playing a town game, Adahn.

You're asking me to make a decision about your scumminess right now when we haven't seen AA's flip.

When you get flips, that changes the game, that's why we do it.

You know this, Max knows this, everybody knows this.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Okay, nope. I have only ever seen this used by scum. ##vote Adahn We have about two hours and active conversation is going, but now that we're discussing you somewhat you're trying to get the lynch over with.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

You're asking me to make a decision about your scumminess right now when we haven't seen AA's flip.

When you get flips, that changes the game, that's why we do it.

You know this, Max knows this, everybody knows this.

You can have opinions on people without seeing a flip, that's how mafia works.

YOU YOURSELF SAID IN REGARDS TO LI DAWNY THAT THIS WAS THE CASE.

You are scum. Nothing about your play is town right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I cannot wait for MMT, dongs, and AA to catch up on this.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

can you summarize it for me

Adahn is scum, vote him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Adahn1986 posted:

When she's town (horrifically limited exposure caveat) she focuses well and isolates strong cases.

We could be seeing her scum game. I think a lot of us are picking up bad vibes (gut feels) and that may or may not be a coincidence.

##vote MMT

Just so it's clear - yesterday was my first day on a new job and it was my turn to cook dinner for the house. Sometimes real life is a thing!

Right now my quick opinions are that Quid, Max, Moat* are scummiest and that I find the push on AA to be far more suspicious than AA himself.

* (I'd really like to see an actual case on me to get a better sense of Moat's alignment)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

You can have opinions on people without seeing a flip, that's how mafia works.

YOU YOURSELF SAID IN REGARDS TO LI DAWNY THAT THIS WAS THE CASE.

You are scum. Nothing about your play is town right now.

If you want to flip a tree, that's fine by me. I doubt scum will waste a prime on a stump.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Just so it's clear - yesterday was my first day on a new job and it was my turn to cook dinner for the house. Sometimes real life is a thing!

Right now my quick opinions are that Quid, Max, Moat* are scummiest and that I find the push on AA to be far more suspicious than AA himself.

* (I'd really like to see an actual case on me to get a better sense of Moat's alignment)

No worries! I just think we'd get more info from an AA flip given Quid's erratic behavior.

I don't really see an Adahn turbo as being all that useful, except that those leading the charge will probably look pretty scummy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

No worries! I just think we'd get more info from an AA flip given Quid's erratic behavior.

I don't really see an Adahn turbo as being all that useful, except that those leading the charge will probably look pretty scummy.

Talk me through the evolution of your opinion at me. At one point you voted me as said I was suspicious and then you kind of immediately drop that topic and move on to AA. Why?

(spoiler: after re-reading Adahn he's shooting up my suspects list)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Interesting to note that Adahn and Max both COMPLETELY ignored my theory that they were scum together and fabricated their argument, while they have commented on basically everything else I have posted.

I say this realizing Max has left for lunch but I am pretty sure he ignored it before he did that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

scumpost.txt

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You can probably count on AA's vote since he doesn't want to get lynched.

Dongs will be a hard sell because it means I'll be tree-stumped and he'll have to deal with me for the rest of the game.

Infin loves a good turbo and will probably be on board.

Max spent enough time talking about mechanics with me to realize that if I was scum there's no way I'd bring up the possibility of no-lynching. That's just insane.

Quid's flip-flopping on the issue and certainty of my being scum, plus leading the charge for a turbo despite striking me as a rational individual is puzzling.

However, I think he takes my reticence to label him as scum to be knowledge that he isn't, which is why he's so certain I'm scum.

What he probably doesn't know is that I'm a scientist IRL, so I will, as a person, never ever claim certainty about anything. Because that's stupid.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How am I flip-flopping on you being scum?

For a scientist you are acting incredibly illogically.

Also that is the weirdest defense post I have ever seen. "Here's what you have to do get to me dunked." What?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

You can probably count on AA's vote since he doesn't want to get lynched.

Dongs will be a hard sell because it means I'll be tree-stumped and he'll have to deal with me for the rest of the game.

Infin loves a good turbo and will probably be on board.

Max spent enough time talking about mechanics with me to realize that if I was scum there's no way I'd bring up the possibility of no-lynching. That's just insane.

Quid's flip-flopping on the issue and certainty of my being scum, plus leading the charge for a turbo despite striking me as a rational individual is puzzling.

However, I think he takes my reticence to label him as scum to be knowledge that he isn't, which is why he's so certain I'm scum.

What he probably doesn't know is that I'm a scientist IRL, so I will, as a person, never ever claim certainty about anything. Because that's stupid.

I kind of feel like you're putting way more thought into who might lynch you and why over who the scum might be. Is your strongest case out there right now that you think AA is scum because he defended himself when pressed?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I don't think Quidnose is scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Talk me through the evolution of your opinion at me. At one point you voted me as said I was suspicious and then you kind of immediately drop that topic and move on to AA. Why?

(spoiler: after re-reading Adahn he's shooting up my suspects list)

I was beginning to suspect that AA and Quid were scumbros. However, I think I understand WHY Quid is certain that I'm scum, and that's causing me to think that he's town.

Li Dawny is jumping on a turbo and accusing anyone she perceives as focusing attention away from themselves as being scum.

She's doing this to everyone EXCEPT AA, which is kind of weird. Moat and I are targets and AA is a target, but Moat and I are scum for focusing on other people. AA isn't scum if he focuses on others.

That's odd.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

I don't think Quidnose is scum.

That means I will vote where Quidnose votes because I am putting my faith in him after brutally roasting him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

That means I will vote where Quidnose votes because I am putting my faith in him after brutally roasting him.

I think Quid is town, but AA and Dawny might be scum this game. If you vote me though, turbo is done, but at least I'll still be around!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

Hah, I hadn't really read the game before answering that but apparently my answer seems to be the consensus. If anything I say we turbo someone to accelerate the process by which people are forced to make in-game decisions.

##vote Moatillata - I eenie-meenie-miney-mo'ed the playerlist.

I don't really care that it's me you vote for but what townie advocates for turbo???

Murmur Twin posted:

Do your odds change if people don't vote randomly? ##vote Adahn

Then votes for Adahn for no reason.

Murmur Twin posted:

Regardless of your intent, it comes off as condescending since you're clearly implying that you're considering the game in a more intelligent way than the rest of us.

But I disgress!

##vote Max

This is almost entirely gut but I feel like he's going out of his way to sound like a town player.

Then votes max for no reason. (Also Max what's your preferred pronoun?)

Murmur Twin posted:

Right now I'd object pretty strongly to ending D1 before certain players (Infi / Moat spring to mind) have said anything game-relevant.

Calls out infin for not posting (DOES NOT GET TUNNELED?!??)

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Quidnose

I'm reading over his case on AA and it very much looks to me like a scum Quid trying to say whatever he can to get AA mislynched. I feel like a town Quid would at least be wavering on his opinion on AA as their discussion progresses but the fact that he's instead doubling down feels like a fabrication.

THEN votes quid with a speculation on his personality.

Murmur Twin posted:

How is that you believe that

(a) AA thinks Adahn is acting scummy, and
(b) AA is scum

at the same time? Don't those contradict?

This was in response to:

Quidnose posted:

To respond to your points:

If you think he's being disingenuous than you are saying he is acting scummy. Saying "I can't conceive of a town motivation for doing this" is the same as a scum call. And that is what you are pushin

So yes, I do think you think Adahn is acting scummy, and I don't see why you are acting like you're not.

She doesn't address the latter portion of the question and tries to bring focus back to AA while simultaneously calling out Quid.

All in all she was voting and throwing shade all over the place keeping things confused. I initially thought it was so obvious that she just had to be town. Re reading it all it looks like she is playing both sides to the middle and avoiding direct fire on her.

##vote: MMT

dongsbot 9000 posted:

lol i like the buick verano but basically everyone in the world is stealthily calling me a retard b/c of it. i've only driven the leather edition and i think i'll have carmax transfer a baseline trim edition so i can see how it is.

My buddy just got one and he was not happy with the gas mileage. Good for you though

:911:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

##vote Adahn

I can't imagine town saying this. The only point that Adahn is trying to make here is "don't lynch me".

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Li Dawny is jumping on a turbo and accusing anyone she perceives as focusing attention away from themselves as being scum.

I voted you because you pushed a turbo, and I was only the second person to vote you. How is that anything close to jumping onto a turbo?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I kind of feel like you're putting way more thought into who might lynch you and why over who the scum might be. Is your strongest case out there right now that you think AA is scum because he defended himself when pressed?

Hardly.

A. He responded differently to my suggestion of not lynching days 1 and 2, suggesting he approached the 'debate' not having a townie perspective.
B. He was overly emotionally involved in the attention on him, which is odd in a game where trees become stumps.
C. He disappears conveniently as conversation goes on, basically escaping everyone's notice rather than trying to find out who is 'really' scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

I voted you because you pushed a turbo, and I was only the second person to vote you. How is that anything close to jumping onto a turbo?

Eh, the focus was on AA for practically the entirety of D1 and D2, and AA said he was going to disappear from the conversation in the hopes he didn't get lynched.

That's not really the play of someone interested in helping to find out who's scum and who's town. It's self-preservation.

I could have done it too, but here I am getting tree-stumped. We're 1 townie down, but oh well.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I don't really care that it's me you vote for but what townie advocates for turbo???

Then votes for Adahn for no reason.

Then votes max for no reason. (Also Max what's your preferred pronoun?)

Calls out infin for not posting (DOES NOT GET TUNNELED?!??)

On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is "joking around" and 10 is "making an effort to push these votes", where would you put these votes?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

Hardly.

A. He responded differently to my suggestion of not lynching days 1 and 2, suggesting he approached the 'debate' not having a townie perspective.
B. He was overly emotionally involved in the attention on him, which is odd in a game where trees become stumps.
C. He disappears conveniently as conversation goes on, basically escaping everyone's notice rather than trying to find out who is 'really' scum.

A. I then definitively decided what was best imo.
B. Would you rather I not take a stand against voted that made no sense to me, one of which was dongs who we just let float by on poo poo posts
C. I definitely came in and placed a vote on who I think is scum and gave reasoning for it. I'm conveniently at work.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is "joking around" and 10 is "making an effort to push these votes", where would you put these votes?

You tell meeeeeeee.

Totally indirect way to approach this argument and kinda weird.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

You tell meeeeeeee.

All of those votes (the ones before Quidnose, which was a legit case) were jokes.

Does that change your read on me at all?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Moatillata posted:

You tell meeeeeeee.

It's not an indirect way, she wants your opinion so she can get a read on you. Odd that you accuse her of ignoring quesitoning and then deflect hers.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I cannot believe that Adahn is calling me town now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Eh, the focus was on AA for practically the entirety of D1 and D2, and AA said he was going to disappear from the conversation in the hopes he didn't get lynched.

That's not really the play of someone interested in helping to find out who's scum and who's town. It's self-preservation.

I could have done it too, but here I am getting tree-stumped. We're 1 townie down, but oh well.

You are tied for vote leader, why are you assuming your dunk is a foregone conclusion.

• Locked thread