Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sunswipe posted:

Is he running a contest as well? I don't watch Twitch much, so I might be misreading what the title means.

He's actually "playing" star citizen right now

I got a bit excited for a few seconds until I realized how unbearably boring it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4oez54/dragonfly_concept_image/

I guess sandi has been making robert mow the lawn because the dragonfly is literally a riding lawnmower.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Sunswipe posted:

Is he running a contest as well? I don't watch Twitch much, so I might be misreading what the title means.
It's Twitch, desperate pandering to the point of bribing your viewers comes with the territory.

also I guess this is a thing :geno::

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Around the Verse: The "What the hell is wrong?" Edition

I have watched a great many episodes of this show - dutifully, more often than not.

Something appears to be seriously wrong in LA. There is a palpable nervousness as opposed to the usual awkwardness.

Not joking.

---

On a happier note, female models are finally coming!

Looks like they have a ways to go to catch up with Second Life but baby steps...

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
HOLY poo poo GUYS, THIS concept art not representative of anything currently available in-game nor at the game's launch, and may vary drastically from the image shown LOOKS SO loving GOOD TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

notoriousman posted:

It's Twitch, desperate pandering to the point of bribing your viewers comes with the territory.
I'm just impressed that he's doing the next best thing to paying people to watch, and he's still only got three viewers. All of whom I'm willing to bet are from here.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

DogonCrook posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4oez54/dragonfly_concept_image/

I guess sandi has been making robert mow the lawn because the dragonfly is literally a riding lawnmower.

That thing is loving hideous... how do you gently caress up a space motorcycle? GIS shows a ton of awesome poo poo, this thing looks like it's made by John Deere

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sunswipe posted:

I'm just impressed that he's doing the next best thing to paying people to watch, and he's still only got three viewers. All of whom I'm willing to bet are from here.

Nine at the moment, he might break in to double digits!

They're all very excited about landspeeders.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

G0RF posted:

I have watched a great many episodes of this show - dutifully, more often than not.

Something appears to be seriously wrong in LA. There is a palpable nervousness as opposed to the usual awkwardness.

Not joking.

---

On a happier note, female models are finally coming!

Looks like they have a ways to go to catch up with Second Life but baby steps...

but the models look flat! that loving fidelity I tell you!
And why is the guy smelling his hand after shoving it in his rear end?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

notoriousman posted:

HOLY poo poo GUYS, THIS concept art not representative of anything currently available in-game nor at the game's launch, and may vary drastically from the image shown LOOKS SO loving GOOD TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW!

Sorry you don't have $35 in disposable income. I guess Star Citizen isn't the game for you, pleb. :smug:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Another day, another 1,000 pages to read. Life is good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder how much cargo that milk crate holds strapped to the side of the space mower.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

With the ominous nature and disposition of an approaching storm front, Dr Smart returned to his dread fortress from his epic quest to the land of Tos, green bathrobe flapping in the wind and an expression of barely concealed fury writ large upon his face.

His eye flicked to the skies as he beheld his stronghold; overhead, a wheeling flock of bat-lawyers circled, screeching and battling amongst each other as they craved employment. "Soon, my children. Soon. Two weeks and we have him. I bear information that will shatter the very foundations of the Cloud Empire! Soon the Faithless Four will come crawling to me, begging for my mercy!" Regrettably(?) his ranting was cut short; a ravening pack of goons were also present outside of his fortress, alternating between mocking the Empire and mocking his Smartness. "Tell us something we don't know!" "Let me guess, two weeks to nothing?!" and so forth. They remained useful however, and he settled merely for pressing a button on his Smartwatch and pointing at the loudest poo poo-talker. There was a horrible, ghastly flare of light as his dread fortress unleashed a torrent of teal energy from the meticulously carved eyes, flaying the reprobate where he stood in a demonstration of his power.

Cackling as he strode into the vast citadel that bore form of his own divine countenance, he uttered judgement "You may have your skin back when the Cloud Empire falls and no sooner!"

"...So, two weeks?"

"Bah!" Fortunately for Dr. Smart, the portcullis slammed down and shielded him from further distractions for the moment. He strode down puce corridors, up cyan lifts and through orange rooms, all monochromatic paeans to his glory. Finally, he entered the Transmission Chamber, a vast Moria-like room with the roof held up not by pillars but by idealised Greek sculptures of himself. Before him lay the brobdingnagian Smartscreen that was his preferred method of making announcements to the world. Throwing the switch mounted next to it set sheets of electricity arcing across from the Jacobs' Ladders he'd had installed for the ambience, while far below, titanic pistons churned to life as turbines spooled up, all to open a portal to the very heart of the blogosphere itself. Some may have regarded the term 'Internet Warlord' as some childish exaggeration, but not Dr. Smart.

Before he passed through the portal, he had to give a speech, however. With a simple Ctrl-Alt-Q-F-F12, he opened the audio receptors and set it to broadcast "Roberts! Nemesis!" he roared, he mighty bellow echoing through the transmission chamber. (Outside, some of the swarm of lawyerbats were instantly reduced to their constituent atoms by a solid wall of sound emitting from the external speakers) "I have let slip the secrets of Tos to those who would listen! They know what you did there, and the wise cringe! I know too, that you fear the Warders of Infinity and what they will do to your precious Empire! Every day, your empire falls further into ruin, Roberts! When it is over, when not one imaginary brick stands atop another and your cultists have deserted you, you will know this! I. Was. RIGHT! And you will have nothing for ignoring me! NOTHING! And you deserve it!"

With a maniacal laugh, he stepped through the mirrored Smartscreen and into the depths of the blogosphere. Here he would do battle with cultists, minions and all those who stood against him while he sought out the fabled Letters of E3. All the artefacts that could bring down the Empire would be his, oh yes.

---

And because I've not posted one yet, a pink catte:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

seriously...?! :confused:

looks like :barf:

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

More like:

But with more wings to snap off ans send you spinning into t-posed oblivion.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

boethius posted:

Self publishing is the CIG way. This makes CIG the Chuck Tingle of games.

Except Tingle doesn't crowdfund and regularly releases finished product... So CIG is run worse than a self-pub joke erotica outfit.

:allears:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

notoriousman posted:

also I guess this is a thing :geno::
People are talking about buying 5-10 of them because they are "LTI Tokens?" what does that mean exactly?

Then people go into dozens of posts talking about how amazing this thing will be, how it will interact with other ships that don't even exist beyond a concept, how there will be motorcycle gangs of them with mechanics they literally invented on the spot.

I really didn't think there was that much child like enthusiasm/delusion for the project left. Anything past the Vanguard isn't going to even be in the full release (2017? 2018?) so your dumbass space motorcycle might be flyable in 2018-2020 depending on how optimistic you are, or never depending on how realistic you are.

Also if it's some kind of cheap utility token for other autism chariots it will probably be a huge sale. CIG are no longer selling the swords and armor in a Korean F2P, they are getting into the more lucrative "Consumables" market where people buy chances at upgrades, special potions, EXP boosts or ammo or something like that.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

I didn't hang about - he has the charm of a MoMA post

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I genuinely don't understand how you gently caress up a space motorcycle that badly.

There is always more and it is always worse.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TacticalNecromancy posted:

I have stroked that catte. I found it cold and aloof. A good catte.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Is that Bovington museum? I've been there, cool stuff.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The idea of a space motorcycle does have some limited merit for things like racing, boarding, better EVA etc etc.

This thing does not look that good, even as a concept though. It reminds me of a bad tractor.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

It could double as a farm equipment machine for your space farm, in space.*

*additional space motorcycle/space lawn mower equipment mods sold separately.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's not a motorcycle, it's a loving grass cutter

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Lazrin posted:

thats how the world views it.. .goons have bowed to and follow smart like or not

goons have lost identity

You leave Lord Smart alone ! :argh:

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

KiddieGrinder posted:

Is that Bovington museum? I've been there, cool stuff.

Yep, went there a couple of years ago to behold TOG made manifest.

Other favourites included the Worst Tank.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

Guys do I buy the $15 space brush hog? My space farm doesn't have any space limbs but what if it does in the future?

I think to be safe I'll just buy the $75 accessory pack where I get the Brush Hog/ Mower Deck / Bucket / Backhoe / Snowplow attachments. Wait do I need the $75 Drake that has a power take off unit on it for the Brush Hog?

I know I need to get the unobtanium blades for the mower deck for $5 but

NONE OF THIS EXISTS. EVEN IN THE CONTEXT OF THE GAME UNIVERSE THIS DOES NOT EXIST. Wake up! Jesus!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I dunno, I kind of like it.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

Hey guise, should I add on the thatcher and lawn roller. I'm already getting the snow plow for it.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Oh...now I understand.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Sunswipe posted:

Sorry you don't have $35 in disposable income. I guess Star Citizen isn't the game for you, pleb. :smug:
On the one hand, $35 is far more conservative a price than I would assume.

On the other hand, I could have smoke blown up my rear end for far cheaper.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

G0RF posted:

Not joking.

Maybe someone showed Mushmouth the COD trailer.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Oh great, an interview with concept artist Jim "Fair Use" Martin

hello Jim, please tell us about concept art

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

It's not a motorcycle, it's a loving grass cutter

Well, those Endeavor Agro pods aren't gonna mow themselves ya know :colbert:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Dante80 posted:

Oh...now I understand.

I'm going to start calling my dick Ammobox 1 and my butt Ammobox 2.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dante80 posted:

Oh...now I understand.

Good placement of the fuel tank at least.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

So is the second guy velcroed on or something so he doesn't fly off?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dante80 posted:

Oh...now I understand.

So much for realistic thruster physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dante80 posted:

Oh...now I understand.

:lol::lol:

This is almost too much to process. I hope the naked guy on the back wipes the seat off when he is done.

• Locked thread