Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

I never mentioned this because I'm not sure if it's a bug, but Old Bens debuff attack can reduce TM on the Rancor when the door is down on him.

I did this again today, so if it is a bug it's repeatable at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Malgrin posted:

When you consider all those characters, does it really seem that strange that Dengar was just added? Oh yeah, and then there's another random scoundrel from the Clone Wars being added in the next patch.

Yeah but why in Battlefield? That game doesn't have as many random characters so why'd they do the Dengar? And then the timing of the Lego figure too it all seems like it's for a reason. Just curious.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We5tfY2j0yY

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Yeah but why in Battlefield? That game doesn't have as many random characters so why'd they do the Dengar? And then the timing of the Lego figure too it all seems like it's for a reason. Just curious.

Battlefront? That is more convincing then, yeah, there's a decent chance he's in this movie. After reading more about him, I'm pretty sure he'll play a prominent role in Han Solo's movie too.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Finished Rey so all my guild points are going to go in to buying gear. Qgj is now G10, rest of arena team and yoda are G9. Progress.

Also finally done starring up the dudes I care about so now I'm going to take all of them to 80 before returning to bringing new dudes online.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Finished Rey so all my guild points are going to go in to buying gear. Qgj is now G10, rest of arena team and yoda are G9. Progress.

Also finally done starring up the dudes I care about so now I'm going to take all of them to 80 before returning to bringing new dudes online.

IMO farm ewok hard missions. On hard/dark/light days I also do the extra Anakin (because he's getting reworked) and Hoth Rebel Scout missions, but ewoks are awesome. I've almost got Scout to 6*. Also, Plo Koon's 7-C dark mission is worth it -- detonators and stun guns.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Would any of the guilds happen to have any room for a lowly newbie?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Battlefront? That is more convincing then, yeah, there's a decent chance he's in this movie. After reading more about him, I'm pretty sure he'll play a prominent role in Han Solo's movie too.

Oh right yeah makes more sense for him to be in the solo Solo movie.

I don't know how you guys have the patience to get to gear 10, gear 8 was bad enough for me.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Oh right yeah makes more sense for him to be in the solo Solo movie.

I don't know how you guys have the patience to get to gear 10, gear 8 was bad enough for me.

G9 and 10 were actually really easy for a couple of my heroes -- your main limitation is raid gear -- and I'm actually enjoying the raid/raid progression. I'm still learning how to actually fight the Rancor effectively, and picking up new things each week, so, I guess that makes it cool?

Tanks really suck. They usually need less raid gear, and more Stun guns and Stun cuffs, so those are the lovely one. However, if you just try to spend 100 energy per day on farming those, you make progress. Also it's fun to farm heroes like Plo Koon from Hard because they have two great purple drops in addition to the chance at shards, so, win-win. I mean, I'm probably not leveling up Plo Koon in the next year, but, at some point he could get a rework or something and be worth farming, who knows? In the meantime I need everything he drops (purple stun cuffs and detonator, blue blastech and needle?).

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Maybe when they have a bit more variation to the raids it wont be as tedious for me. When is this tank thing supposed to drop?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I feel like they should change something with how you take turns. It annoys me when an enemy taunts, and my detaunter will get a turn before anyone else on the enemy team, but only after a bunch of my other guys go. If hes gonna take a turn, lemme select him and let him use his de-taunt. Super annoying to have to put attacks into ST Han when I know I'm just going to detaunt him after it all. Or when I have all my guys who are gonna go, and the enemy has a low health guy, and I want to use my weaker guys to try and see if I can save damage for healthier guys but nope, gotta use my best attacker here or else I gamble that when I get to my last guy this dude won't miracle dodge me.

They would probably have to change too much about the game for that, but it'd be nice if all the people who can take turns can just go as a big group.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

So basically you want a hard counter to taunt with all the benefits but no drawbacks. Or for someone who puts s low damage taunted on their team to get no damage or benfit from the choice since the taunt won't have any impact?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hughlander posted:

So basically you want a hard counter to taunt with all the benefits but no drawbacks. Or for someone who puts s low damage taunted on their team to get no damage or benfit from the choice since the taunt won't have any impact?

Well I was mostly thinking of the raid, where the counter gammorrean taunts up and I have to kill 3 of my guys before I can de-taunt him.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I hate when ST Han moonlights as a Gamorrean Guard

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hahahahaha success, just by swapping Rey in as my leader on the last challenge I do she has been constantly available to my fiancee on her friends list. I mean sure you don't get any leader effects but you get a 76 6 * g(8 or 9) ray. Hope you guys in my friends list have enjoyed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

I hate when ST Han moonlights as a Gamorrean Guard

The guard creaming my entire team before QGJ got his turn is what made me think of this idea in the first place don't @ me :colbert:

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Hopefully slightly toasted or electric sheep still read this thread. I put myself in the spreadsheet for the going an army a few weeks ago and forgot all about it. Just remembered, and added both of them for a guild invite. I had been in a guild with a friend but they've done tier 5 4times in a row and it takes like a week to get through even that. Need more gear level 9 bits :negative:.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

The guard creaming my entire team before QGJ got his turn is what made me think of this idea in the first place don't @ me :colbert:

If your team is prepared to take on the door guards, you can rack up a lot of score. If you're not, you're probably better off letting others clear the guards, so you can save yourself the frustration.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

rocket_Magnet posted:

Hopefully slightly toasted or electric sheep still read this thread. I put myself in the spreadsheet for the going an army a few weeks ago and forgot all about it. Just remembered, and added both of them for a guild invite. I had been in a guild with a friend but they've done tier 5 4times in a row and it takes like a week to get through even that. Need more gear level 9 bits :negative:.

I can add you to GGA if you send me an ally request: 131-545-184 or if you just request an invite if you have electric sheep as an ally already.

We have a decent amount of low level people though, so we've really only been running tier 4 raids so that most everyone can at least participate.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Is anyone else getting stuck at the loading cantina screen?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Trampus posted:

Is anyone else getting stuck at the loading cantina screen?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were pushing an update. I just got a 4MB download, and a notice that Leia is now going to be available in the squad arena when it resets in 5 minutes or so.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Update notes:

quote:

Characters
Princess Leia is no longer Chromium Pack exclusive. Princess Leia shards will be available in the Arena Store.
Zam Wesell is the new Chromium exclusive character. Zam is a lightning fast Scoundrel attacker that inflicts Evasion Down and detonates bombs.
Events
Force Champion Events begin on Thursday June 16th. These limited time events will be available at levels 55, 65 and 75 and will have you overcome 4 different battles to earn both credits and shards of members of the Jedi Order. The first event will be Force Champions: Aayla Secura. Make sure your squad is ready for the return of the Grand Master’s Training by completing the Force Champions events!
General
Enabled the Level 80 reached lifetime achievement and added + 3 Omega Mats
Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Callers will start to appear in PvE Shipments for 1400 Crystals. They will have a chance to appear there for 2 weeks.
Balance adjustments have been made to Galactic War which should result in it not taking as long to complete.
Bug Fixes
Yoda can only grant positive effects to allies using Battlemaster’s Meditation. No buffs are shared with allies unless Meditation is used and Yoda has that buff.
Fixed a bug where Grand Master Yoda's Masterstroke ability grants Offense Up if used against an enemy leader Poggle the Lesser. Grand Master Yoda's Masterstroke ability should now only grant himself visible buff present on enemies.
Sun Fac's "Spiteful Strike" ability deals 15% more damage after the Omega upgrade. Bug fixed where he could potentially deal more than 15%.
Fixed a bug with Rey’s reverse lookup when tapping on the Assault Battles: Military Might event but not having reached level 78 to unlock the event.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/47335/game-update-6-15-2016#latest

Reminder that you won't see Leia in the shop until it rolls over

It's not clear in the notes, but droid callers in shipments will be replacing furnaces, and in 2 weeks will be replaced by one of the other gear items. I for one will be saving all my crystals for scanners, because gently caress those things.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Can one of the million plus phase 1 damage guys explain how? I just went 14 rounds doing what I thought was great to end was 53k damage done. I was running Teebo Aa qgj Lum and RG. I was able to chain stun dispel etc... But it just didn't come together. Do you skip the stun and Tm for more DPS? More Rebels and aa leader? What does it look like?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Leia is now available in the shop. Ok dudes, who do you 7* from Arena first:

Leia, Ackbar, IG-88, Greedo, Ventriss, HK-47

Leaning towards Leia because she'd be more fun, but think I should probably just do Ackbar because he has..ugh .. utility...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think if you don't have a 7* Rey that Leia is a good choice, and if you do AA is probably better.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Hughlander posted:

Can one of the million plus phase 1 damage guys explain how? I just went 14 rounds doing what I thought was great to end was 53k damage done. I was running Teebo Aa qgj Lum and RG. I was able to chain stun dispel etc... But it just didn't come together. Do you skip the stun and Tm for more DPS? More Rebels and aa leader? What does it look like?

Phase one isn't that different than other phases, it is all about a reliable slow and TM manipulation. I think the single strongest party for p1 right now is Teebo lead, phasma for slow and emergency tm boost, ewok elder, ewok scout, and QGJ. Elder has turn boosting on his basic, and scout and QGJ have tm reduction on their basics. Of course the key is in having these guys with their omegal abilities, without a deep enough omegal pool, this team wont drastically outperform any other team.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Also I hope you like spending 6 months farming Ewok Scout if you plan on using him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Teebo, QGJ, Fives, RG, Elder.

It is slow as gently caress, but I rarely get less than 1 million from them. I have QGJ's basic and buff removal omega'd, as well as Teebo's leader ability, and Ewok Elder's basic. They are G8-G9, except QGJ who is G10, I think. Whatever his max gear is. When minions are out, focus doing damage to one, and stunning the other. I usually go for stunning the left guard, he gets retaliate when he taunts. QGJ and Teebo can remove buffs, try to save Teebo's for the boss's dmg up when stealth is down, because that also removes TM. Always have Teebo and QGJ using their basics on the boss otherwise. If Teebo has stealth up, Fives can call in an assist -- 50% chance to call either Teebo or QGJ. 25% chance to call elder, who gives TM to everyone (25% to teebo, 10% to other allies -- this happens whether or not he triggers the 50% for himself).

When he starts getting close to enraged, I'll takes RG out, then elder. This leaves Fives, QGJ, and Teebo in play, who can postpone the game even longer. Eventually I have to try to pull them out too though. Also, this way if RG or Elder fail, you can continue to keep the ball rolling for a little bit longer. If RG fails, I will usually keep Elder in until I have to pull them out. Sometimes I get to try RG again before that happens though. It's like the longest juggling act you can imagine.

Also, getting Teebo to G10 (I haven't yet) increases his potency, so that also helps a lot.

e: also what he said about ewok scout, plus same for elder. If you don't have elder, Ackbar is not a bad substitute. However, I would go with someone else that has TM removal instead and just juggle the captain until the debuff wears off. This gets a little risky if the guards are out though.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 16, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

That sounds like an awful lot of work. Don't know how you have the patience, they badly need some variation in the raids.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The Aayla Secura event is live. 3 levels. One for 55, One for 65, and One for 75. The rewards include a lot of shards and credits. The third tier needs 5 star heroes (but at level 75+ you'd want that anyways I imagine). Only need 3 star characters for tier 2 and tier 1 anything goes.

I have only beat TIer 1 for today but it was 4 rounds. FIrst was a ton of droids and nute gunray, second was tusken raiders, third was like 3 jedi nobodies, and fourth was Barriss + Secura.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The rounds are the same for each tier, just higher level. The rewards seem heavily randomized, I got 70k for t1 and 18k for t3. Also being west coast, the event went live 1 hour before reset, so in a few minutes I will get to repeat them.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Jerkface posted:

The Aayla Secura event is live. 3 levels. One for 55, One for 65, and One for 75. The rewards include a lot of shards and credits. The third tier needs 5 star heroes (but at level 75+ you'd want that anyways I imagine). Only need 3 star characters for tier 2 and tier 1 anything goes.

I have only beat TIer 1 for today but it was 4 rounds. FIrst was a ton of droids and nute gunray, second was tusken raiders, third was like 3 jedi nobodies, and fourth was Barriss + Secura.

The shard rewards seem nowhere near as nice as they claim. Spent crystals refreshing the t3 battle and got 2 JC shards and like 100k credits for my efforts

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah the rewards screen said 2m credits and I got 170k. Still nice, but...

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Teebo, QGJ, Fives, RG, Elder.

It is slow as gently caress, but I rarely get less than 1 million from them. I have QGJ's basic and buff removal omega'd, as well as Teebo's leader ability, and Ewok Elder's basic. They are G8-G9, except QGJ who is G10, I think. Whatever his max gear is. When minions are out, focus doing damage to one, and stunning the other. I usually go for stunning the left guard, he gets retaliate when he taunts. QGJ and Teebo can remove buffs, try to save Teebo's for the boss's dmg up when stealth is down, because that also removes TM. Always have Teebo and QGJ using their basics on the boss otherwise. If Teebo has stealth up, Fives can call in an assist -- 50% chance to call either Teebo or QGJ. 25% chance to call elder, who gives TM to everyone (25% to teebo, 10% to other allies -- this happens whether or not he triggers the 50% for himself).

When he starts getting close to enraged, I'll takes RG out, then elder. This leaves Fives, QGJ, and Teebo in play, who can postpone the game even longer. Eventually I have to try to pull them out too though. Also, this way if RG or Elder fail, you can continue to keep the ball rolling for a little bit longer. If RG fails, I will usually keep Elder in until I have to pull them out. Sometimes I get to try RG again before that happens though. It's like the longest juggling act you can imagine.

Also, getting Teebo to G10 (I haven't yet) increases his potency, so that also helps a lot.

e: also what he said about ewok scout, plus same for elder. If you don't have elder, Ackbar is not a bad substitute. However, I would go with someone else that has TM removal instead and just juggle the captain until the debuff wears off. This gets a little risky if the guards are out though.

I think Teebo (L) QGJ and Fives are musts for any non-Rex set-up on the guards. I roll with Rey and GS instead of Elder and RG and just max out dmg instead of healing and more TM but both work well. With my set-up the two stooges almost never a get a turn so I spend most of the time just hitting the Captain. Knowing when to use QGJ's non-basic attacks are important to boosting damage as well.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

I think Teebo (L) QGJ and Fives are musts for any non-Rex set-up on the guards. I roll with Rey and GS instead of Elder and RG and just max out dmg instead of healing and more TM but both work well. With my set-up the two stooges almost never a get a turn so I spend most of the time just hitting the Captain. Knowing when to use QGJ's non-basic attacks are important to boosting damage as well.

That sounds pretty good too. I just like being able to control the battle really well with Elder and RG. Also getting speed down on the captain is really important, so having a second person to apply that is really useful.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

That sounds pretty good too. I just like being able to control the battle really well with Elder and RG. Also getting speed down on the captain is really important, so having a second person to apply that is really useful.

Yea Speed Down is huge not only for the Captain but for the Rancor too, and Fives' Potency isn't so hot at G9 where I have him, just 20% (he jumps to 60% at G10). But I just hate plugging RG in for that one thing and give up tons of DPS, so I use RG for my B or C teams.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

Yea Speed Down is huge not only for the Captain but for the Rancor too, and Fives' Potency isn't so hot at G9 where I have him, just 20% (he jumps to 60% at G10). But I just hate plugging RG in for that one thing and give up tons of DPS, so I use RG for my B or C teams.

Well, he also stuns the guards, so, it's pretty nice.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Well, he also stuns the guards, so, it's pretty nice.

True, but I just Rey/GS them into oblivion, and if any survive long enough to taunt then QGJ gives every one Offense Up :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So does any other toon even come close to rey's damage with omega?