Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Niggurath posted:

You do not; it just mimics the last thing you were doing and looks exactly like you. So if you're far away from someone and you pop it, then they won't know who to target (or you can hide around a corner and have it run ahead of you around the corner, so that people attack it instead of you). But obviously if you're in plain sight of people it won't be super useful.

I wonder if it could be used to divert someone from your sniper's nest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Maybe you could use it to distract the person who ends up killing your robo in the campaign :qq:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Knifegrab posted:

Maybe you could use it to distract the person who ends up killing your robo in the campaign :qq:

He's gonna take a plot bullet for you or your holographic decoy, whichever you prefer.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

People were somehow being tricked by the stealth when you eject from your robot, which was hilarious considering how you were still incredibly visible, so I'm guessing it'll still be really effective

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Antoine Silvere posted:

Yeah, I kind of regret picking the holo decoy class in my second game, grappling hook is way better :(

Wow, half your time with Titanfall 2 was without grappling hook, that's a sad state of affairs.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

He's gonna take a plot bullet for you or your holographic decoy, whichever you prefer.

No robo is smart, robo know difference between holo you and real you, robo stay safe, robo friend.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

My hope is that the campaign ends up killing the main character (it's the dudes who made Modern Warfare, it's not like they haven't done it before) but your consciousness gets transferred to Keffiyehbot and you play as him for the rest of the game. Titanfall 3 becomes a robot buddy cop movie.

I mean, tell me this dude doesn't deserve his own game:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

For real lets keep posting that dapper bot every page because he's cool and stylin.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Be sure to include his Davy Crockett double raccoon hat steez:

EDIT: Also, deets on the Ronin: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/titans/

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

ninjahedgehog posted:

My hope is that the campaign ends up killing the main character (it's the dudes who made Modern Warfare, it's not like they haven't done it before) but your consciousness gets transferred to Keffiyehbot and you play as him for the rest of the game. Titanfall 3 becomes a robot buddy cop movie.

D walker was his granddad

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Somebody in r/Titanfall noticed an unrevealed Titan in the multiplayer trailer. "Legion" can be seen starting at 0:18 and then again at 1:18. It's weapon looks a lot like the Avenger, a weapon that was cut from Titanfall 1.

Turns out we could have spotted Ronin early, too, but only in this extended B roll footage between 0:27 and 0:45. And we wouldn't have known about the sword.

Speaking of r/Titanfall, ugh that place is awful. So many people crying about how the game is ruined before they've even played it. I just want to check for interesting tidbits like this, not hear them whine.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ninjahedgehog posted:

They're really leaning into the robot characters which is a great idea. I love the part where the small launch deck robot salutes the big stompy robot in the the SP trailer.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Titanfall 1 status: People still get really mad about the SP and the game owns.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Any of you dudes still play Titanfall 1? I would totes install 50GB again to have some laughs.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

AirRaid posted:

Any of you dudes still play Titanfall 1? I would totes install 50GB again to have some laughs.

We just did this last night and had a blast, we will likely continue to do so, we play anywhere from 6pm - 2 am PDT in the discord listed in the OP.

Be aware there are a lot of scrubs but also a lot of insane try hards who never stopped playing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

PDT? That's... pretty late for a lil brit like me. :britain:

I will install it I guess and try and catch you guys.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
So what are the factions this time? I vaguely remember hearing that it wasn't IMC vs Militia, and the factions look like red and brown guys vs green and gray guys who kinda look like a mix between the first game's factions.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So what are the factions this time? I vaguely remember hearing that it wasn't IMC vs Militia, and the factions look like red and brown guys vs green and gray guys who kinda look like a mix between the first game's factions.

Bad robits and good robits.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Does it even matter? :v: It'll be green dudes vs red dudes or whatever in the MP, and it'll be good dude and goodrobutt vs baddudes and badrobutts in the campaign.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Some robots wear scarves, some robots wear oddly fashionable double raccoon tails on their antennas.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I vaguely remember seeing an option after I finished a match that let me choose which side I wanted to be on. I'm pretty sure one of them is IMC, the other one I didn't really catch but it's probably militia. I think someone mentioned earlier that Blisk (IMC 'im bettah' guy) was the one in the dropship as you jumped out at the beginning of the match so IMC is almost definitely a faction.

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 17, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah Blisk was definitely the guy on what I assumed to be the IMC side, if I recall he had that dumb knife he'd twirl around like the first game, no dialog though. The other side (I had assumed it was still militia) was a generic pilot guy twirling a pistol.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Some dev mentioned a third faction called the "Remnant Fleet" but nobody has a clue what that means. There's definitely a shot in the single player trailer where an IMC pilot is chilling in the same ship bridge as a couple Militia pilots, which is interesting. Multiplayer still seems to be IMC v. Militia.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

runchild posted:

Some dev mentioned a third faction called the "Remnant Fleet" but nobody has a clue what that means. There's definitely a shot in the single player trailer where an IMC pilot is chilling in the same ship bridge as a couple Militia pilots, which is interesting. Multiplayer still seems to be IMC v. Militia.

I'm going to sound like a total sperg, but following the battle of Demeter in the campaign in Titanfall, the IMC splinters. A bunch join the Militia because Spyglass (the AI that tells you when your Titan is dropping on the IMC side), is given complete control of the IMC.

I imagine the Remenant fleet is that Militia/IMC hybrid and the "current" IMC is the combination of the Hammond/Spyglass factions (assuming that the impetus for the Titanfall 2 campaign is the arrival of an IMC Hammond fleet from the core system to retake the frontier and rebuild Demeter).

tl;dr Titanfall had a story guys :v:

EDIT: Newer players wouldn't know this cause they changed how the "campaign" works. Previously, there used to be a preramble to each "mission" of the campaign that fleshed out the story a bit while the match was loading. That seems to have been removed when they changed the campaign so you could drop in at any point, which is a bummer but hey, the campaign is more accessible.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 19, 2016

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Snuffman posted:

Newer players wouldn't know this cause they changed how the "campaign" works. Previously, there used to be a preramble to each "mission" of the campaign that fleshed out the story a bit while the match was loading. That seems to have been removed when they changed the campaign so you could drop in at any point, which is a bummer but hey, the campaign is more accessible.

That's a shame. I enjoyed doing the campaign every now and then. v:shobon:v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZuxL5uf1Po

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnAUnukDXI

"We're getting off this hill! Come with me!" :black101:
"Holy poo poo, it's MacAllan!" :hellyeah:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 20, 2016

runchild
May 26, 2010

Snuffman posted:

tl;dr Titanfall had a story guys :V

That's pretty close to my theory, though I hadn't thought of Spyglass as the reason for a new IMC fleet from the core systems to be against what's left of the original forces.

I actually like the Titanfall story/setting a lot, though it could obviously use a bit better writing and more fleshing out.

Alehkhs posted:

"We're getting off this hill! Come with me!" :black101:

Those parts are still there, it's just the lobby voiceover stuff that's missing. It's still a pity.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
One of the best things in Titanfall was the campaign mission where you drop in from orbit. Really glad to see that making a comeback.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

One of the best things in Titanfall was the campaign mission where you drop in from orbit. Really glad to see that making a comeback.

Forgot about that intro, that was cool. Too bad the only other special intro like that was for that one DLC map that was supposed to be a virtual training ground.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I really want every game to steal the intro/outro poo poo from Titanfall, even if just the generic MP ones. There's something really cool about how instead of just spawning in on the ground after the pre-match countdown you deploy from the dropship and gain control as you jump out, and at the end either trying to evac or stopping the other team from doing so.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Respawn: please let me high-five the dropship robot as I jump out, thanks.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Forgot about that intro, that was cool. Too bad the only other special intro like that was for that one DLC map that was supposed to be a virtual training ground.

That map had a lot of cool touches, like how when you killed someone they disappeared in a flash of light.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Be sure to include his Davy Crockett double raccoon hat steez:

EDIT: Also, deets on the Ronin: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/titans/

Dude drives a Crisis Battlesuit, must be the Shas'O. (XV-8?)

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/745008413688553472

Unofficial confirmation that burn cards probably aren't coming back.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Found a pretty interesting article about the building process that was done for the huge titan they had out at EA Play: http://www.slashgear.com/titanfall-2-life-sized-model-behind-the-scenes-boogaloo-20444980/. It's especially cool to see the comparative shot between the E3 titan and the newer titan.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm bummed that new new "Atlas" Titan doesn't look like Atlas at all, that loving Titan was awesome and adorable and I'm sad he's not coming back. :(

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
For any San Diego goons:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/756179457958961153

Looks like they're having another event like they did at LA Live during E3 at some Children's Museum in San Diego during Comic-con. Register for the event here:

http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/

It's going on from today til Sunday so you've got a few days.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
It seems like they are going to start up doing a dev diary series on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLiq4wDaVss. Might be worth hitting them up for info as they seem pretty open with it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

For any San Diego goons:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/756179457958961153

Looks like they're having another event like they did at LA Live during E3 at some Children's Museum in San Diego during Comic-con. Register for the event here:

http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/

It's going on from today til Sunday so you've got a few days.

I'll be going tonight, might do a small write up on my experience.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Niggurath posted:

It seems like they are going to start up doing a dev diary series on youtube:

Dude has a model of a Titan holding a plush Cacodemon. Already the best thing.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Played Titan Fall 2. Most of the people here have already talked to most of what I experienced but I will just reiterate.

When you rodeo a titan for the first time you steal its battery. I do not know what that means or does. If you rodeo it a second time you drop a grenade in the area where the battery used to be and then jump off, this deals massive damage. It seems like you can rodeo and just hang onto an enemy titan anymore.

Titan punches are still awesome and obliterate pilots.

The titan I was had lasers. A laser gun, a sholder mounted laser that could fire a single shot of intense damage (insta kills pilots) and some kind of deployable laser thing, no clue what that did. I did turn some pilots into mist with my laser.

I got in automatically into my titan when it fell ontop of me. That was odd.

The grappling hook is awesome. It has a meter that is depleted the longer you reel in. So if your meter is full you can do several short grapples in succession.

Everything is on a meter. Grenades regenerate. It was really odd.

Never got my titan ultimate. Dashing seems way toned down.

Overall it was loving awesome. THe movement mechanics feel even better. It was incredibly satisfying and makes me look forward to it. I don't understand why people aren't excited for this game (all the lines for other games were considerably longer than titan fall).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The battery you steal is used to give your Titan some shield HP, IIRC.