Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Jedi
Oct 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Telemaze posted:

What's going on with the raised red skin here?

Scar tissue I think? Considering how the marks are behind the dandelion head and trailing off it with the seeds but the skin around the lettering is fine, I think it's a coverup/incorporation of the marks as opposed to causing them. Also fits the inspirational message.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Telemaze posted:

It's 50/50 on whether it's a lovely 'watercolor' attempt, or the person ran through poison ivy but didn't want to reschedule their sweet tattoo. Some people have an allergy to the red ink specifically, and I feel that's adding to the rashy blister effect.

A GIS for "red ink tattoo reaction" gets real gross real fast.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Picnic Princess posted:

I had the joy of seeing a winged dick on a lady's arm at work today, it was only 1.5" long. Sad, really.

I've designed one of those for an old boss.

Post Script: I keep wanting the thread title to read Life every day as if it were your lats

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Sad!

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

This looks like a leaky butthole.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

To be fair, this person remembers the glory days of the Gilded Age and just wants to be back at Delmonico's having beefsteaks with Diamond Jim Brady.

neon tarsier
Sep 14, 2007

not much chance for survival

Telemaze posted:

Noooo this grosses me out so bad. It looks like bed sores!

Also... she doesn't look "little."

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Ya know, if you're going to have an artist working that close to your ladybits, you may wanna consider doing some trimming first.

What makes you think it's on a lady?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

neon tarsier posted:

Also... she doesn't look "little."

That depends, is that an arm or a hip?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Busket Posket posted:

It's 50/50 on whether it's a lovely 'watercolor' attempt, or the person ran through poison ivy but didn't want to reschedule their sweet tattoo. Some people have an allergy to the red ink specifically, and I feel that's adding to the rashy blister effect.

Jesus, you weren't kidding about that.

Why are people allergic to red ink specifically?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Because the pigment is probably an irritant. Like, really bright and warm pigments can be said to be more photoreactive than subdued, cooler ones.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Landfill posted:

Jesus, you weren't kidding about that.

Why are people allergic to red ink specifically?

Of the small percentage of people that have a legitimate reaction to the ink/metals in the ink, more of them have a problem with the mercury in reds than other metals. It's possible for your basic black tat to turn into a grotesque, pus-filled monstrosity just from your body reacting to the ink; it's just not as likely as red.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

AlbieQuirky posted:

To be fair, this person remembers the glory days of the Gilded Age and just wants to be back at Delmonico's having beefsteaks with Diamond Jim Brady.

This is a great post, but most goon's hair will flutter as it goes right over their heads.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Busket Posket posted:

I don't think it's either of these, I think it's a keloid they worked into the tattoo.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

A friend of mine got this yesterday as a response to the Orlando shooting.

quote:

"I don't even have to open my mouth to tell the haters what I think"

I understand the sentiment and all but I can't bring myself to do anything but shake my head.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

there wolf posted:

Of the small percentage of people that have a legitimate reaction to the ink/metals in the ink, more of them have a problem with the mercury in reds than other metals. It's possible for your basic black tat to turn into a grotesque, pus-filled monstrosity just from your body reacting to the ink; it's just not as likely as red.

Does their body eventually get used to the ink and stop reacting, or do they have to get it removed somehow?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Traxus IV posted:

I understand the sentiment and all but I can't bring myself to do anything but shake my head.

Does the gay rainbow only have six colors?

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Heath posted:

The most popular version does, yes.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Heath posted:

Good to know I wasn't the only one counting Roy G Biv

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Not a terrible tattoo. Yet.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

fullroundaction posted:

Indigo got the Pluto treatment sometime in the early 2000s; it's no longer considered a principal color in the spectrum.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

AlbieQuirky posted:

Indigo got the Pluto treatment sometime in the early 2000s; it's no longer considered a principal color in the spectrum.

Sorry, going to choose to ignore this post. I've committed to Roy G Biv as a lifelong mnemonic and nothing anyone says is going to change that.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

AlbieQuirky posted:

Who are you gonna listen to, Isaac Newton or this palooka? C'moooon

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

AlbieQuirky posted:

if it's true that is SO gay.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

fullroundaction posted:

Indigo doesn't really fit. It was added so there was 7 colors for religious/spiritual reasons.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Traxus IV posted:

I'm looking forward to the blobby mess to be posted one year from now. No matter how well it's done it's not gonna look good past this.

E: not saying it's done well

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Traxus IV posted:

"I needed an excuse to get a tattoo and here it is!"

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Thin Privilege posted:

Sure it's well done but it looks like a horribly infected wound full of bees

No it isn't. Barely any gears connect, and there are a pair in the third section on the right that randomly change toothing and shape part way around, along with a bunch of other wonky ones.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 09:12 on Jun 19, 2016

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm looking forward to the blobby mess to be posted one year from now. No matter how well it's done it's not gonna look good past this.

E: not saying it's done well

It's also upside down. And I'm not even going to listen to the "I got this for me" argument here because it's a tribute, it's not for you.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

I like it.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

rockcity posted:

It's also upside down. And I'm not even going to listen to the "I got this for me" argument here because it's a tribute, it's not for you.

It's so they can flip off haters with a hearty rainbow bird, don't you see? :rolleyes:

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Am I looking at this wrong or does she have a Hank Hill butt?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Male Tears posted:

Am I looking at this wrong or does she have a Hank Hill butt?

I think that's a fat arm.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Roro posted:

I think that's a fat arm.

Why isn't their a fat body behind it?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

She's wearing a loose dress and holding it up over her hip to show off her tattoo.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Staring at this for 90 minutes is better than watching the actual movie.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ro5s posted:

Does their body eventually get used to the ink and stop reacting, or do they have to get it removed somehow?

No idea. You remove it by cutting it out, and there's supposedly a case of one guy ending up having to have his leg amputated from it. Spot test your tattoo inks, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

the hint of crotch makes this