Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Were they giving you reasons you needed to stay beyond just "We need you"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

You're doing the right thing keane. Job satisfaction is v important. I could earn more money doing what i do at a big corporation or whatever but i'm very happy where i am with an awesome boss and small office.

it's obv important for you too so make sure you don't get swayed by money if they chuck it at you

Yeah, being okay with your working life is really important. A few years ago I was working for a start up, and it WAS a super exciting experience and I got a lot done - it's probably going to be the best work of my career, ever. I was pulling some 50-60 hour weeks and had a few nights that ended 1-4am at the office, and I was mostly okay with that, but then my dad got really sick, and I was already on edge from the stress of the job, and I just couldn't swing it anymore. My last job, the one I am going back to, was a laid back 6 hour a day gig that paid the bills well enough and had work I genuinely enjoyed doing. I'm going to move on from it eventually, probably once I get fully licensed, but it's definitely shown me that you can go to work and not feel like poo poo all day about it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Were they giving you reasons you needed to stay beyond just "We need you"?

They offered me more money and whatever experienced level engineering responsibilities I wanted, but what I really wanted was out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I STILL BELIEVE

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

what is amiibo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pintrest Mom is correct

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Capps I just checked your facebook and those comments aren't there.

You are a liar.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

bowmore posted:

Pintrest Mom is correct

haha

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gently caress u

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im regreat adding any of you to my facebook now everyone is getting on my statuses trying to be some sort of super star

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cyberbullying is fun.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

CSI cyber would like a word with you Asiina

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
PBS why did you only black out your name a few times not the rest

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

PBS why did you only black out your name a few times not the rest

ruh oh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Capps I just checked your facebook and those comments aren't there.

You are a liar.

its cause you blocked me

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:siren:Drawrof Back-Up Mafia has ended in a -----------SCUM---------- victory!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

You young'uns and your Facebook

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Facebook is where I do my best shitposting.

Also my offer stands: Anytime you want somebody trolled on facebook message me and I will pop out from the bushes like the green knight and verbally fence the scoundrels in question.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Facebook is where I do my best shitposting.

confirmed. Keane has a lot of lovely puns

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
facebook is where i go to look at pictures of my crushes and then cry

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

facebook is where i go to look at pictures of my crushes and then cry

Explains that picture of mine that you liked then suddenly unliked.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

its cause you blocked me

Is that true? That doesn't seem true.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

Explains that picture of mine that you liked then suddenly unliked.

haha not at all what happened but ok i mean sometimes cats jump up on keyboards but yeah

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

it's true

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

PMom's posts are there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Apparently that is true.

I must have done that in a fit of rage or something :iiam:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Apparently that is true.

I must have done that in a fit of rage or something :iiam:

I made a crack about you disliking gone home meaning you were a homophobe, it didn't communicate well.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You were right to

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Facebook is where I go to get news and watch people bicker about said news. Mostly the latter.

Also hello, I'm a long-time lurker of the Mafia scene, but since I finally got my Plat upgrade I finally feel comfortable stepping out of the shadows and losing at Mafia :d:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ESL smh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Paranoid Dude posted:

Facebook is where I go to get news and watch people bicker about said news. Mostly the latter.

Also hello, I'm a long-time lurker of the Mafia scene, but since I finally got my Plat upgrade I finally feel comfortable stepping out of the shadows and losing at Mafia :d:

Aptly named then~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I've blocked everybody, every thread I'm in is perfect, just a series of posts by me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Paranoid Dude posted:

You'd be surprised how many new players end up winning the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I've blocked everybody, every thread I'm in is perfect, just a series of posts by me.

A long time ago the forums had a chronic lag spike for like, a month or something. The admins eventually figured out that one goon had done exactly that, which somehow made everything run extremely slow when he was browsing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Paranoid Dude posted:

you made the post about boo's manison that is a good post

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

A long time ago the forums had a chronic lag spike for like, a month or something. The admins eventually figured out that one goon had done exactly that, which somehow made everything run extremely slow when he was browsing.

Forums legends... hilarious ones.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Adahn1986 posted:

what is amiibo

Yo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

thank you I googled it like a normal human would but I still didn't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Amiibo are an addiction that will slowly drain your bank account twelve dollars at a time until you have nothing left.