Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fereydun posted:

yes and then he got blasted by floe at evo
and upon having done so, smiled for the first time in his life, killing the true daigo 'the beast' umehara for good

God bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

they're both cool

I mean, Smash is more alive than Marvel 3, therefore it's clearly a better game.

Also Tekken.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

smash actually is a better game than marvel 3

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

I mean that's what I'm sayin'

Also I cannot wait to buy Tekken 7 for PC then never find matches ever and give up on understanding how it works ever

does it have crossplay?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Endorph posted:

tbh i hope the guy keeps posting about liking SFV because of how insanely mad it's making people

i hope he keeps posting about sf5 because of how salty he gets whenever he gets called out for posting nonsense

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Endorph posted:

Dias posted:

I mean that's what I'm sayin'

that's all the evidence i need to prove the opposite as hard fact

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

interrodactyl posted:

i hope he keeps posting about sf5 because of how salty he gets whenever he gets called out for posting nonsense

That's a mean thing to say about Necro.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

that's all the evidence i need to prove the opposite as hard fact

Same.

For real tho, I've been kinda down on fighting games lately, mostly because of SFV. I'm just waiting for MB's good netcode to be implemented, maybe I'll be able to get matches without needing to fill up a freakin' form again.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Endorph posted:

some guy: muay thai is the greatest martial art

mma zand: actually, cm punk called me a human being once, and it is my expert opinion that...

please do not poo poo talk zand

he is a good soul

he plays fight games with me

the only goon who will

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Broken Loose posted:

Also, 99% of people can't distinguish between liking something and thinking that something is good.

well since video games are entertainment there is no difference

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

some guy: muay thai is the greatest martial art

mma zand: actually, cm punk called me a human being once, and it is my expert opinion that...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

anime was right posted:

pourin' one out for og dandy j

Sometimes, I think about how we'll never get another game with Bonus-kun in it, and then I become sad.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
endorph fight me mb

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I mean I feel Overwatch is good and all, but I don't get the hype. It is literally Team Fortress 2 but with meter management.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/iantothemax/status/743240152911220736

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

i also dig how people in this thread with such deep resumes as 'got double perfected by bananken in evo 2009 pools' and 'landed an ultra on marn on stream once' act like they're the underground daigo and their word is law

:drat:

punk rebel ecks posted:

I mean I feel Overwatch is good and all, but I don't get the hype. It is literally Team Fortress 2 but with meter management.

Like anime discovered years ago, the secret is to add waifus.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Broken Loose is to the board game thread as zand is to this thread. White noises of spite that drop the occasional nugget of wisdom while being caustic enough to antagonize people into dumb slap fights that last forever but not quite offensive enough to get banned. Holy gently caress can revelator PC come out so we can talk about something else

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

punk rebel ecks posted:

as someone who has played a significant amount of tf2 (and as much of a significant amount of OW one can play for a month-old game), they really arent that similar aside from being class-based shooters. that's like saying UNIEL is just Guilty Gear but with the grind grid

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

overwatch is also ultimately quite a bit better, thought i'm not sure the level design is quite as good

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

mycot posted:

Like anime discovered years ago, the secret is to add waifus.

But Overwatch is anime.

Countblanc posted:

as someone who has played a significant amount of tf2 (and as much of a significant amount of OW one can play for a month-old game), they really arent that similar aside from being class-based shooters. that's like saying UNIEL is just Guilty Gear but with the grind grid

I admit that I only played the beta. But my time with it, it was crazy similar to TF2.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Spermgod posted:

well since video games are entertainment there is no difference

you don't think any bad video games exist? weird.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that's what Pol's saying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

digging that hole

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

God bless you NRS

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

punk rebel ecks posted:

I admit that I only played the beta. But my time with it, it was crazy similar to TF2.

It is similar, but it's also quite different??? Like, from what I understand Countblanc was way deeper into the TF2 hole than I ever was, but it feels like OW has more defined class roles and a focus on collective pushes through chokepoints while TF2 was a more mobile game, with wider routes and versatile classes? It's like playing SF and KOF, I guess, the trappings are the same but after you get into it the games are quite different.

NecroMonster posted:

overwatch is also ultimately quite a bit better, thought i'm not sure the level design is quite as good

My brother put some non-competitive time in it as a Scout and he isn't super fond of the chokepoints, but I'm pretty sure he's just pissed he can't hop around and do his poo poo by himself.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Baal posted:

Yeah, that's what Pol's saying.

i mean, my point is that, since what games are good can be generally agreed upon by consensus through discussion, and what games somebody likes can literally be anything (see: people playing bad rats/sfxt/sfa3/mk9 unironically), claiming that "there is no difference between a good game and a game you like" is possibly the stupidest and most bizarre statement conceivable from somebody who constantly talks poo poo about games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hmm, that might imply he's not speaking for himself.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
k o i h i m e e n b u
o
i
h
i
m
e
e
n
b
u

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 17, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is it on sale yet

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Hmm, that might imply he's not speaking for himself.

why do you even post and why do you think you can speak for anyone? you literally vehemently defended HftF since its inception, a game which we discovered was made bad on purpose as a design decision

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

why do you even post and why do you think you can speak for anyone? you literally vehemently defended HftF since its inception, a game which we discovered was made bad on purpose as a design decision

What

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

(it's zand's post when he got mad because someone was speaking for other people)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right that did happen

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

*walks into thread*

uhhhhhhh, does anyone want to play kof 98?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/booyah-

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Booyah- posted:

*walks into thread*

uhhhhhhh, does anyone want to play kof 98?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/booyah-

Message me on Steam or Discord.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

My brother put some non-competitive time in it as a Scout and he isn't super fond of the chokepoints, but I'm pretty sure he's just pissed he can't hop around and do his poo poo by himself.

It's not really that bad, it's just that you need to switch characters sometimes based on the map because some of them just aren't super conductive to some characters and tf2 wasn't really a "switch your character" sort of game

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Dias posted:

I tried that as tracer, it's really hard. Far harder than in TF2 at least. Tracer is made of paper and there's too much stuff in the game that's both highly damaging and easy to aim. Reaper's reticle is like a big dinner plate in the centre of your screen for example.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Watching Floe play scary games I finally realize why people watch people like Markiplier

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Watching Floe play scary games I finally realize why people watch people like Markiplier
they want to have sex with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
windjammer clones count as fighting games right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV7Z--AFgMU