Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Sorry, the Wii U thread is still closed.

I brought my Wii U new with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendoland preloaded to it.

Are those games tied to my account? Like if I sell my Wii U to someone else and they replace their account with mine, will they be able to play those games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

punk rebel ecks posted:

Sorry, the Wii U thread is still closed.

I brought my Wii U new with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendoland preloaded to it.

Are those games tied to my account? Like if I sell my Wii U to someone else and they replace their account with mine, will they be able to play those games?

Assuming it works like the 3DS, they get locked to your account as soon as you add your NNID to the system.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're tied to your Nintendo Account, but tranfer from console to console is kind of obtuse.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This is the first time I have been hyped about a Zelda game in a decade. I didn't touch the Wii or WiiU, but I will be damned if this game doesn't have me seriously considering buying an NX.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Lt. Chips posted:

This is the first time I have been hyped about a Zelda game in a decade. I didn't touch the Wii or WiiU, but I will be damned if this game doesn't have me seriously considering buying an NX.

Link Between Worlds on the 3DS is pretty great, you don't need a Wii or Wii U to play a top-shelf Zelda title.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Personally I am glad this is getting a dual system release, as it'll satisfy both the people who bought a Wii U but are holding out on the NX and the people who passed on the Wii U in anticipation of the NX.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it's going to satisfy me as well, the person with 20 wii u games who's buying an nx day 1

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It will also satisfy me, who bought an NX in December of last year :shepface:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Same. I just want a firm release date so I can preorder one ASAP.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

did they announce somewhere this would be on the nx as well

Also do we know what the nx is yet

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cake Attack posted:

Yes, it's been known since the last time they showed off the game months ago. We still do not know what a NX is.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV2AVzrT8fQ

Setting Hyrule ablaze with bouncing fire balls is going to be the best thing.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I haven't watched much of this game and the coolest part of that video to me is how he just randomly climbs stuff. No grip markings, no invisible barriers or awkward slope slides. Opens up a lot of design potential.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Link just burning the poo poo out of the wilderness makes me think of this

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Cake Attack posted:

They officially announced back in April that this game would be cross-gen on both Wii U and NX. It was the same event where they announced that the NX was coming in March.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have like a $170 gift card from work for five years service and I'm just waiting on the NX release date to drop so I can go preorder.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

deadly_pudding posted:

Assuming it works like the 3DS, they get locked to your account as soon as you add your NNID to the system.

I don't know if the preloaded MK8 is some exception but I bought a Wii U on Craigslist from a guy who wiped his account completely. I created a new account when I bought it and was immediately prompted to download my free copy of Mario Kart 8. It wasn't still on the drive or anything, I had to redownload it, but the system thought I still owned it. Wasn't expecting it at all but it was a nice surprise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm thinking of getting a PS4 around March next year so I'd probably get the Wii U version and then wait a year on the NX when its line-up becomes more robust. That said if it turns out the NX version has no pop-ins and runs a rocksolid 1080p60 then I might just get the NX instead.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I have to admit, this went completely beyond my expectations.

I was expecting a bigger Link Between Worlds.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I'm down for a Zelda themed NX on day one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

glassyalabolas posted:

I'm down for a Zelda themed NX on day one.

Okay, hold up, now this would get me to buy an NX day one no question. Light blue NX with the Sheikah symbol on it.

God, all this NX talk is getting me extra hype for the reveal because it can happen at any point between now and March. One day we'll just see a tweet saying that the next day there'll be a Nintendo Direct about the NX or "the future of Nintendo" and we'll see the machine, tons of people won't even know and will just suddenly find out that the NX info dropped all of the sudden.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 17, 2016

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I'd get a Zelda NX, the only problem with Nintendo's collectible consoles is that you basically have to be online the exact second it's announced or go to eBay because they tend to have... supply issues.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jsor posted:

I'd get a Zelda NX, the only problem with Nintendo's collectible consoles is that you basically have to be online the exact second it's announced or go to eBay because they tend to have... supply issues.

Or wait for refurbished units. Got my WW Wii U last September and it's been flawless.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Manky posted:

Or wait for refurbished units. Got my WW Wii U last September and it's been flawless.

speaking of...

they also have a refurbished a the new 3ds for $170, if you don't have a 3ds yet for some reason.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

goferchan posted:

I don't know if the preloaded MK8 is some exception but I bought a Wii U on Craigslist from a guy who wiped his account completely. I created a new account when I bought it and was immediately prompted to download my free copy of Mario Kart 8. It wasn't still on the drive or anything, I had to redownload it, but the system thought I still owned it. Wasn't expecting it at all but it was a nice surprise.
AFAIK, all preloaded games are initially registered to the console itself, which is why you can re-download preloaded titles after wiping the console during a system transfer. You're fortunate that the previous owner of your WiiU never bothered to register an NNID.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mr Phillby posted:

AFAIK, all preloaded games are initially registered to the console itself, which is why you can re-download preloaded titles after wiping the console during a system transfer. You're fortunate that the previous owner of your WiiU never bothered to register an NNID.

Ahh ok that's why, then. Happy accident.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Hyrule Warriors is fun but seeing how much better the 3DS version is has killed my desire to ever go back to it.

Wait, what? Is 3DS the better version? That's the better option for me but it looks silly to me on the small screen.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wank posted:

Wait, what? Is 3DS the better version? That's the better option for me but it looks silly to me on the small screen.

It is. Has more content and some nice refinements but I personally find it too hectic on the low res 3DS screen. It also doesn't have the co-op of the Wii U version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Wank posted:

It has more content (as if it needed more content) but it's only worth getting if you have a New 3DS, it runs like poo poo on regular 3DS. It's also missing multiplayer and the low res is obviously an issue.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Zcyzo3w54

You can use both the heads and arms from Stals as weapons.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Perfect timing

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wank posted:

Yea it came out like a year later with a bunch more content. But I agree, I have no desire to play that game on a 3DS. If they had implemented save transfers I would've got it just for the convenience but no way would I make it my primary experience.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Holy poo poo, this game has parries and spell parries. The slowdown also possibly means you might get a flurry rush off of parries.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

greatn posted:

Perfect timing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

Perfect timing

:stare: yesssssssss

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

greatn posted:

Perfect timing

I never thought I'd be legitimately excited for a Zelda game again, but, well, here we are.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Perfect timing

Put that in the OP immediately.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope they change his running animation a bit, he looks like luigi in smash bros waddle/dashing awkwardly. Also he seems to run really hard and yet barely go faster than normal walking pace, it comes off strange. Good thing they have so long to refine poo poo like that. (they wont :()

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

greatn posted:

Perfect timing

:drat:

I can't loving wait oh god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SeANMcBAY posted:

I like that they look as if they're skeletons of the bokoblins in this game, rather than just weird big baby skeletons or whatever they are in OoT