Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Give me an example or two of what you mean?

I've hardly got the game figured out, but I'm a tree and I have town reads on Quid and Moat (obviously) and we're the ones you've been pestering the most.

Besides us, you also ask Dawny who her scum read is. That's fine, but I don't think the prompting is necessary. People will generally tell you when they get something.

Perhaps our behavior really is suspicious to you, but your calls are (for me, in two proven cases) blatantly false.

If you want me, personally, to not get a scum read on you, then you need to stop pointing fingers at people who are not scum. Maybe look for different patterns of behavior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Adahn goes from this:

To this:

Back to this:

Adahn: what changed in between the first and third quotes that caused you not to have a read on me?

Oh, I bought that your initial votes were some joke. However, your persistence in casing me and Moat (and to a lesser extent Quid?) makes you suspicious (again).

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

I've hardly got the game figured out, but I'm a tree and I have town reads on Quid and Moat (obviously) and we're the ones you've been pestering the most.

Besides us, you also ask Dawny who her scum read is. That's fine, but I don't think the prompting is necessary. People will generally tell you when they get something.

Perhaps our behavior really is suspicious to you, but your calls are (for me, in two proven cases) blatantly false.

If you want me, personally, to not get a scum read on you, then you need to stop pointing fingers at people who are not scum. Maybe look for different patterns of behavior?

Why are you obviously a tree? Because you backed me up? If you were scum you would know all the obvious trees. And be able to back them up.

I feel like my good name is being used for town cred.

This would be a long con here but I'm just poo poo posting at this point

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
have you guys ever cut a tree down with an axe

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

or a chainsaw

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

or one of those old tymy 2 man saws

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Why are you obviously a tree? Because you backed me up? If you were scum you would know all the obvious trees. And be able to back them up.

I feel like my good name is being used for town cred.

This would be a long con here but I'm just poo poo posting at this point

I'm only obviously a tree to me. You guys won't see that until I get stumped.

MMT's clever I bet she can get the job done. We can be stump buddies!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Hatchet. Wait actually it was a Bowie knife.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

no i just douse them in gasoline and toss a match

it's a controlled burn very efficient

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm only obviously a tree to me. You guys won't see that until I get stumped.

MMT's clever I bet she can get the job done. We can be stump buddies!

It's nice being a stump. You don't have to pay people to sit on your face, they just do it for free. The more the merrier

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

It's nice being a stump. You don't have to pay people to sit on your face, they just do it for free. The more the merrier

So long as it's not all sweaty lumberjack asses

that's not okay

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

So long as it's not all sweaty lumberjack asses

that's not okay

Maple flavored mmm

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Maple flavored mmm

:raise:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Maple flavored mmm

You do weird things with asses man, but do you. :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Adahn1986 posted:

I hope I'm not giving you the impression that I don't want you to case me! You're more than welcome to start trying to sell others on me as scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think I hosed up.

MMT what do you think of AA right now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

How can you not even have a suspect right now? Tunnel away infinitum.

rgr rgr.

Will tunnel away tomorrow as we have a day and a half up our sleeves, and I'm half tanked atm.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I hope I'm not giving you the impression that I don't want you to case me! You're more than welcome to start trying to sell others on me as scum.

Sell people as scum? Scum are slippery, their job is probably to make it hard for people to get a read on them. It's much easier to sell people as leaning town based on their behavior.

Maybe I'm off base, but it seems that town players feel they can post a little more freely/recklessly, and of all the players in the game you're most likely to turn that into a scum case.

I get the sense that you don't care who is town and who is scum, not really. All you care about is who you can case. To me, that reads as scum play.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I care who is scum and who is town Adahn

I care.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I hope so infini because you are still on my black hole list.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kinda want to say Dongs and Dawny are the 2 scumbros atm.

Kinda want to get this lynch right today or it's gonna start looking bad for town.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

I hope so infini because you are still on my black hole list.

Racist.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Noooooo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/be0h5Uc.webm

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I would ask what is wrong with you but I don't like reading lists.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

God damnit, even with images and AV's turned off, that still shows up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
And

to

correct

their

mistake

a

wall

of

text

was

built

in

case

some

people

opened

it

at

work.

(I had it open on my phone previously).

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote AA

Not a fan of how he slithered away from the vote yesterday. I'm not going to throw stones at people for a mislunch that I wasn't here for, because moat was on my shortlist earlier that day. Not super happy with Adahn pressing the "why did Max vote me before leaving" when he perfectly understands the necessity of some sort of lunch to happen, especially when it looks like not everyone will be around for deadline. But we should have gone with AA, and I'd like for that to actually happen today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

a kindness

Bless you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

I think I hosed up.

MMT what do you think of AA right now

:livintrope:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

##vote AA

Not a fan of how he slithered away from the vote yesterday. I'm not going to throw stones at people for a mislunch that I wasn't here for, because moat was on my shortlist earlier that day. Not super happy with Adahn pressing the "why did Max vote me before leaving" when he perfectly understands the necessity of some sort of lunch to happen, especially when it looks like not everyone will be around for deadline. But we should have gone with AA, and I'd like for that to actually happen today.

Yeah, I recognize that I did the same thing when people fell off me so that we'd have Moat as confirmed town, so I can't fault you for that.

AA could have hammered me (or Moat) and didn't. I ended up dropping the hammer with not a whole lot of time to spare in order to avoid a no-lynch.

If AA is scum then that's fairly odd behavior, as it suggests he cares who gets hammered (and lynching town always benefits scum). I'll have to give his actions towards the end of the day another read through to make sure.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Yeah, I recognize that I did the same thing when people fell off me so that we'd have Moat as confirmed town, so I can't fault you for that.

AA could have hammered me (or Moat) and didn't. I ended up dropping the hammer with not a whole lot of time to spare in order to avoid a no-lynch.

If AA is scum then that's fairly odd behavior, as it suggests he cares who gets hammered (and lynching town always benefits scum). I'll have to give his actions towards the end of the day another read through to make sure.

I don't agree with your logic on AA.

You're expecting scum to want to hammer the instant they can to end the day, but we are only at the beginning of the game. That sort of behavior is suspicious and would bring too much attention on the next day. It only makes sense to do something so blatantly scum when / if we reach mylo.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I don't agree with your logic on AA.

You're expecting scum to want to hammer the instant they can to end the day, but we are only at the beginning of the game. That sort of behavior is suspicious and would bring too much attention on the next day. It only makes sense to do something so blatantly scum when / if we reach mylo.

Well, we're talking 10-15 minutes before time's up with an active Mod. We were at serious risk of a no-lynch.

It doesn't change the lack of 'non-chalance' that I picked up from Moat and haven't seen in AA. It's why I labeled him 'high-risk high-reward'. I think if we lynch him we won't get a stump.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're talking 10-15 minutes before time's up with an active Mod. We were at serious risk of a no-lynch.

It doesn't change the lack of 'non-chalance' that I picked up from Moat and haven't seen in AA. It's why I labeled him 'high-risk high-reward'. I think if we lynch him we won't get a stump.

So wait, you do or you don't think he's scum?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

So wait, you do or you don't think he's scum?

You've pushed him back into neutral, scum-leaning territory. He didn't act like a tree when he was on the block, he acted like someone about to get their head cut off. He's scum or our power role.

MMT hasn't been close to being lynched, but she's playing like scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
How did I slither away from a vote. That's reaching. Because I didn't hammer a player I suspect is town, I'm suspect? That's asinine logic and I feel like you're trying to push a narrative here.

I explained who I thought we should vote, cited their behavior and voted them today.

I had my vote on you before I left for lunch yesterday and by the time I got somewhere I could post, moat had been quick hammered.

There are some flaws in your logic Max.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

How did I slither away from a vote. That's reaching. Because I didn't hammer a player I suspect is town, I'm suspect? That's asinine logic and I feel like you're trying to push a narrative here.

I explained who I thought we should vote, cited their behavior and voted them today.

I had my vote on you before I left for lunch yesterday and by the time I got somewhere I could post, moat had been quick hammered.

There are some flaws in your logic Max.

The flaw is that I didn't get you lunched yesterday.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

The flaw is that I didn't get you lunched yesterday.

Oh well that explains a lot... :rolleyes:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh god, that loving smilie.

I think you were around and were just hesitant to drop a hammer on someone, because you're worried about the optics. That's a scum tell to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

voting for me is a big scumtell imo

• Locked thread