Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

McFrugal posted:

From looking at the mod list it seems that's Void Decay, which eats the world including bedrock. You have to keep moving your base, or use a special kind of TNT to erase it (which is a nether star each with the default recipe). You could make a floating base so the void decay blocks don't reach it, but then you'd need some way of traveling over the void.

edit: oh, if you find small patches of void decay you can dig around them to effectively kill them. Void decay that cannot spread will eventually just disappear on its own.

Cool.

Still not sure if im that into this pack. I like the new setting, i like the premise, but i walk out my door and have to kill 3 bloatflies, a mosquito and whatever loving spiders have decided to come knocking before i can even go out and get what i need.

I really dont enjoy that when all ive got is a stone sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

immoral_ posted:

Yes, it does. And it's virtually drag and drop.

Apart from doing any config editing, at any rate.

:awesomelon:

Finally, gone will be the days of hosting a bunch of mod jars next to my minecraft servers for people to wget -r. Because yes, even that kind of simple instructions are sometimes enough for people to gently caress up :v:

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

There was no converter blocks to let you move power from one cabling type to the other? There's usually at least that even if not all cables are universally supported (see : AE2 and RF)

Universal Cables are usually in a pack so use them and they convert from RF to AE2 and EU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Universal Cables are usually in a pack so use them and they convert from RF to AE2 and EU

Ok,

Universal cables are in the pack, but need 2 steel to make. (2 steel = 8 blocks, i needed `120 cables so 30 steel. In a blast furnace. ) At the time i had wind power i had just set up a blast furnace in order to get steel (all other ways seemed to be disabled. I had already set up my induction furnace and pulversived a few stacks of coal, but the coal just didnt go in. The rec is still there in NEI, but its been disabled on the machine. Oh and the furnace bricks need 4 blaze rods which was fun to get in the nether with stone weapons and iron armour.)

So steel was actually a big problem.

Fluctuating itemduct conencts with no problem. I tried them out on the ground, though the machine wasnt producing any power they visually connected with no problem. It wasnt until i got 115 blocks up into the sky that i found out it doesnt transfer any power from the turbine.

So long story short, gently caress that pack.

(in FB universal cable and fluctuating item duct dont mix either.)

I didnt like the visual style of the mek machines either in the pack and crafting stuff was a chore as the visual were different to what i know.

In all it was just painful to play and not fun.

One question i do have. WALIA is the box of information when you look at stuff right? Is there any way to make it smaller without making everything else smaller? This dawn of the void pack has the box at the bottom of the screen and i swear it takes up 1/3 of the whole screen.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Ok,

Universal cables are in the pack, but need 2 steel to make. (2 steel = 8 blocks, i needed `120 cables so 30 steel. In a blast furnace. ) At the time i had wind power i had just set up a blast furnace in order to get steel (all other ways seemed to be disabled. I had already set up my induction furnace and pulversived a few stacks of coal, but the coal just didnt go in. The rec is still there in NEI, but its been disabled on the machine. Oh and the furnace bricks need 4 blaze rods which was fun to get in the nether with stone weapons and iron armour.)

Fluctuating itemduct conencts with no problem. I tried them out on the ground, though the machine wasnt producing any power they visually connected with no problem. It wasnt until i got 115 blocks up into the sky that i found out it doesnt transfer any power from the turbine.

(in FB universal cable and fluctuating item duct dont mix either.)

I didnt like the visual style of the mek machines either in the pack and crafting stuff was a chore as the visual were different to what i know.

In all it was just painful to play and not fun.

One question i do have. WALIA is the box of information when you look at stuff right? Is there any way to make it smaller without making everything else smaller? This dawn of the void pack has the box at the bottom of the screen and i swear it takes up 1/3 of the whole screen.

Metallurgic infuser - Coal + Iron = Intermediate product, intermediate produce + coal = Steel dust

Then smelt the Steel dust in a Furnace no need for the blast furnace.

Thats one iron + 2 coal per steel.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
WAILA (or What Am I Looking At) should have some configuration file to set how much information is displayed plus where on the screen to show it, at a minimum. Not sure if there's a size attribute.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Metallurgic infuser - Coal + Iron = Intermediate product, intermediate produce + coal = Steel dust

Then smelt the Steel dust in a Furnace no need for the blast furnace.

Thats one iron + 2 coal per steel.

Not sure that works, ill give it a try though, just to see. (and now i remember why i set up the 4th Met infuser..... redstone/diamond/obsidian, thent he 4th was sitting unused)

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

There's some hotkey for it, but you probably just want to scroll through the keyboard bindings to see. WAILA has a category in there. I saw an option for moving it around the screen before.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
The biggest problem I have with the Curse client vs the FTB launcher, is the FTB launcher has a 'launch server' button and Curse doesn't - both me and the people I was playing with never managed to figure out how to host a server of a modpack on curse except to redownload the same modpack on FTB and hit the host server button. The Curse client also tends to be a resource hog for me, which isn't something I really want when I'm running a game as resource-intensive as modded minecraft on a computer as crappy as mine.

Plus Curse is a really terrible company so there's that too. It's like not wanting to shop at walmart if you can help it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Dunno really where to post this, but my server is acting weird and I have zero idea why. The server is running Thermos 1.7.10.1614.

I'm trying to do something with vanilla pistons and I'm having a problem with the sticky piston. I'm fairly certain 0 or 1 tick pulses should have sticky pistons leave the block out, but on my server 1 tick pulse just extends and retracts the block 9 times out of 10, and a 0 tick pulse doesn't even move the piston. This is probably due to something with Thermos server, isn't it? :v:

e: not thermos server, tried with cauldron, same thing. Which is good, as vivecraft doesn't work well with cauldron.

Did forge fix some minecraft redstone/piston glitches or something? :(

Truga fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 16, 2016

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Looking at the new title, did we get a rash of new people looking at the IC2 wiki, reading that stupid loving intro paragraph and laughing their rear end off as much as me at their terrible writing?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Playstation 4 posted:

Looking at the new title, did we get a rash of new people looking at the IC2 wiki, reading that stupid loving intro paragraph and laughing their rear end off as much as me at their terrible writing?

i don't think anyone here has denigrated themselves enough to the point where they would even consider installing ic2

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

i don't think anyone here has denigrated themselves enough to the point where they would even consider installing ic2

Sure, if you forget that half the thread is playing or has played 'gregtech - but worse' packs, when gregtech is already 'ic2 - but worse'.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Wolpertinger posted:

Sure, if you forget that half the thread is playing or has played 'gregtech - but worse' packs, when gregtech is already 'ic2 - but worse'.

yeah true

i think the new horizons poo poo is deliberate masochism though, rather than earnestly making a go at an ic2(-like) mod

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah true

i think the new horizons poo poo is deliberate masochism though, rather than earnestly making a go at an ic2(-like) mod

Try terrafirmacraft merged with Gregtech

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm happy to post that my piston problems resulted in me making a much better tree farm instead. :v:

VR + vanilla redstone is like building huge transistors, relays, and punch tapes and it owns so much :3:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ha, I abandon packs once the IC2 crap starts rolling in.

You want me to build hammer out some iron ingots with a hammer that takes 5 iron to make and is disposable? Then make a machine i cant move if i put it down in the wrong spot because reasons?
Even though you have mek, ender io and (that other mod with all the machines i always build but cant remember what it is... pulveriser and magma crucible ...., you know, the good mods)

Ive started up the ftb sky factory 2.5 as garden of glass and i must say im actually enjoying it. I havent got too far yet though. (oh and its the first skyblock game ive played where i punched the leaves of the single tree and only 1 sapling fell...... into the void. At least this has the living roots to amend that problem.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I have a question.

If i put water and lava into the smelter using the reverse drains and other channel thing, but no obsidian was made, how do i get the water and lava out? (keep in mind that i was making obsidian in order to make fluiducts so i can finally move fluid around.......)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

I have a question.

If i put water and lava into the smelter using the reverse drains and other channel thing, but no obsidian was made, how do i get the water and lava out? (keep in mind that i was making obsidian in order to make fluiducts so i can finally move fluid around.......)

you can pump them out or drain them into tanks, or break the controller to destroy the liquids.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

I have a question.

Put a tank under your outward-facing drain and right-click it like you were casting stuff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Put a tank under your outward-facing drain and right-click it like you were casting stuff.

No good under, it void all the way down. I ended up getting some obsidian by rushing an igneious and aqueous. >< then making pipes to drain it out .

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Today, I learned that this setting on Thermal Expansion machine sides means that conduits and import buses can take items from any slot in the machine. I was trying to figure out why the contents of a pulverizer were vanishing and then realized that was toggled.

e.

All hail Moo Fluids.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 18, 2016

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Ambaire posted:

Today, I learned that this setting on Thermal Expansion machine sides means that conduits and import buses can take items from any slot in the machine. I was trying to figure out why the contents of a pulverizer were vanishing and then realized that was toggled.

e.

All hail Moo Fluids.

Specifically, that is open access. It allows pipe systems to push and pull freely. Combined with servos and retrievers elsewhere on a duct network, you could automate the entire machine from one side. When using it that way, you can also pull the Integrated Servo augment and use the space for something else. It's extremely useful, once you get retrievers going.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Ok, what the gently caress. Cards and cores (AE2) disappeared from my NEI overnight and I can't see them anymore. I can still hit R on previously crafted to bring up the chain, but I can't see them in the search.

Playing on SA's Skyfactory 2.5.2 server.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 18, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

No good under, it void all the way down. I ended up getting some obsidian by rushing an igneious and aqueous. >< then making pipes to drain it out .

What do you mean by "it void all the way down?"

Regarding obsidian in a smeltery, some packs increase the grind by disabling that smelting recipe. Specifically, they disable the water+lava thing. Some of them then also disable alumite because they don't want you making a diamond-level pick from pretty casual stuff.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Why would you make a smeltery floating above the void? Besides, he meant to put a tank down as if it was a casting table. Drains don't have to be near the bottom of a smeltery either, they can be anywhere on the structure, and point any direction.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Meskhenet posted:

Ok,

Put down an energy cube or capacitor or whatever at the top. You don't have to change the entire cable. Once you connect to a power storage thing you can connect a different type of cable to connect all the generators to the cube, or you can probably connect it directly to the generator if there's just one.

Use this tactic when making anything in modded MC. The more modular/self contained you make things the better.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 19, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Its a sky block. My smeltery floor is part of the floor floor. I have my drains on the first layer, so my casting basins and tables are the floor too. There is nothing under those (well about 80 or so blocks of air)

As for the energy cube or capacitator, yeah, im not playing creative. i dont have those things, and most of them are needing steel for the casings/frames.

The clostest thing i could make would be the ender io energy thing (not capacitator, the thing you can make into an omni bus).

But as far as im concerned the pack is poorly put together and not fun, so why bother. Its easier to get a different pack.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Its a sky block. My smeltery floor is part of the floor floor. I have my drains on the first layer, so my casting basins and tables are the floor too. There is nothing under those (well about 80 or so blocks of air)

As for the energy cube or capacitator, yeah, im not playing creative. i dont have those things, and most of them are needing steel for the casings/frames.

The clostest thing i could make would be the ender io energy thing (not capacitator, the thing you can make into an omni bus).

But as far as im concerned the pack is poorly put together and not fun, so why bother. Its easier to get a different pack.

In situations like those you want to either not make anything directly in the floor, or make a water elevator and a maintenance access floor under your base. Or both!
Which pack was that though?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so the 40k blood and iron pack is actually pretty drat fun past the initial sprint-for-the-bunker phase. i absolutely love the fact that exploring and looting is actually worth your time, and that the enemies drop stuff you actually want

i have no idea where to find hemp, though. do i need to buy it?

i am also unsure as to whether i'm missing something obvious re: lighting up areas or whether i do indeed need to bootstrap my industrial base simply to make torches/lamps

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

McFrugal posted:

In situations like those you want to either not make anything directly in the floor, or make a water elevator and a maintenance access floor under your base. Or both!
Which pack was that though?

It's the FTB sky factory 2.5 garden of glass. So i have an access shaft of sorts as i have grass a few blocks above and then cobblestone under it. But the smelter is on the cobble. It's normally never a problem as you can usually make obsidian in the smelter.

Here is what it looks like so far

I have to say the loot bags arent nearly as good as in other packs. These are almost skipable, though i have had one or two useful items

The main problem with this pack is power. No agricraft means culinary gens are hard to keep going. ATM im using 2 lava gens and 1 tnt. It isnt enough, but i just set up my mana production via potatos and will convert some of that to rf.

And wow its day 51 too. I shouldnt leave it running if i go afk ><

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Crossposting this from SA's skyfactory thread because it is peak modded :psyduck:

Ambaire posted:

PSA typing /help 3 disconnects you from the server with this error message.

It manages to show that much and then quits out.

e. Oh what the gently caress, minecraft. :psyduck:
Before the crash, searching NEI for 'card' gets this

After, all the AE2 cards are missing

Relaunching the client fixes it.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

so the 40k blood and iron pack is actually pretty drat fun past the initial sprint-for-the-bunker phase. i absolutely love the fact that exploring and looting is actually worth your time, and that the enemies drop stuff you actually want

i have no idea where to find hemp, though. do i need to buy it?

there's a big hemp farm near one of the bunkers, it' been a while since I've played but i want to say either the abandoned one or the loyalist one.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, thread. We're looking to mix up the DPT server a bit, and I'm wondering if there's a specific mod out there you guys can recommend.

We're kind of looking for a combination of Project E and an economy mod. We want a universal thing, gem, coin, whatever, that can be used as currency, and we want NPC shops that sell high level and rare things for expensive prices. We also want a thing players can have, either hand-held or stationary, that they can funnel currency into and get their choice of low level or common items out of. Ideally, the thing would be handheld, and could "learn" items the way the tablets in Project E do.

We're currently modifying the FTB Infinity Evolved pack for 1.7.10, if that matters. Does a mod like that exist?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ambaire posted:

Crossposting this from SA's skyfactory thread because it is peak modded :psyduck:
I had NEI crashes like that before, updating to the latest NEI (which I was sure I had already, but obviously didn't) fixed it. Outside of that I got no clue.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, thread. We're looking to mix up the DPT server a bit, and I'm wondering if there's a specific mod out there you guys can recommend.

We're kind of looking for a combination of Project E and an economy mod. We want a universal thing, gem, coin, whatever, that can be used as currency, and we want NPC shops that sell high level and rare things for expensive prices. We also want a thing players can have, either hand-held or stationary, that they can funnel currency into and get their choice of low level or common items out of. Ideally, the thing would be handheld, and could "learn" items the way the tablets in Project E do.

We're currently modifying the FTB Infinity Evolved pack for 1.7.10, if that matters. Does a mod like that exist?

You could use HQM for that. Repeatable quests that take currency and spit out items. Doesn't Infinity have IC2 or Gregtech in it? Both IC2 and Gregtech have coins.

You could use pretty much any item for coinage assuming it isn't easy (or possible) to craft.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

neogeo0823 posted:

http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/universal-coins ?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

That looks tantalizingly close. I wonder if you can configure individual selling stations to only buy or sell specific items?

Thinking about it a bit, I think I might need to learn more about what economic mods are out there and what they do. We want to eliminate some of the cheese factor of Project E and encourage people to visit the main hub of the server to buy and sell items and interact, but at the same time, we don't want to discourage people from building whatever insane crap they want at their home areas. Our player base likes the portability of the Project E tablets and the ability to call up limitless hoards of whatever decorative blocks they want at any given time, as well as to be able to quickly empty their inventories of stacks of cobble while mining. For the most part, I'm fine with those wants, it's just that I want to encourage them to interact more.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i've never actually used that mod, i just figured there was maybe a mod that just added a coin that you could use as a chit for trading or whatever and found that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Look at how ferret business runs, it has a similar idea.